Éric Abidal

Moderator: Mod's

Éric Abidal

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:58

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Aug 14, 00:45, edited 3 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Éric ABIDAL

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 15, 22:01

Where did you see that he was going to lose the rest of the season (or just)? Couldn't find It anywhere. Good luck Eric, best wishes.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Xyder » 2011 Mar 15, 23:09

Atending to the level of the controls he passes each season, I'm sure this tumour it's in a very beginning phase, so I'm sure he will recover him quickly. I'm sure that all forum send to him a huge hug and lot of cheers! (like Miki Roque too)

Xyder

Postby atanas94 » 2011 Mar 16, 17:24

They have say it on the spanish news. Finally, he'll be opered this Thursday, one day earlier before planned. Also that it's expected he passes the operation quickly and successfuly, but that he well lose the rest of the season is a prediction, becuse I think he must rest after the operation and they will have to make him medical tests to be sure the tumour has dissapeared completly.

atanas94

Postby Paddy » 2011 Mar 18, 16:50

Amino Abidal.

Paddy

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 18, 16:59

Paddy wrote:Amino Abidal.

Animo* :P <3
Barça Is already preparing his new contract. I doubt It's because of this, but his season was being his best. He even scored!

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby blaugrana » 2011 Apr 05, 20:54

Maybe this is irrelevant due to Abidals long time abscence, but how come he is rated worse than Chivu (who is also a SB and CB) in defence? While Chivu is pure rubbish, Abidal was one of the best CB:s in Europe before the discovery of his tumour. Can someone do the math for me? :P

blaugrana

Postby Fixer » 2011 May 03, 09:38

He will be back tonight. At least he'll be on the call up wich Is already good news.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2011 Aug 17, 22:33

Does he show this Tech and DA every match? Because against RM he is being way over 78 and 77.

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
StannisTheMannis

Postby čale » 2011 Aug 17, 23:29

i think that i'll keep an eye on his pace when the new season kick's off as i'm quite suspicious tbh...

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
čale

Postby sergi_16 » 2011 Aug 19, 13:58

Top Speed: 86
Acceleration: 84
Response: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 79
He has slowed down. He has good striking the ball (SPA, SPS, LPA, LPS)

sergi_16

Postby Chicharito » 2011 Aug 19, 16:07

sergi_16 wrote:Top Speed: 86
Acceleration: 84
Response: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 79
He has slowed down. He has good striking the ball (SPA, SPS, LPA, LPS)

agree with this set

Chicharito

Postby Phil » 2011 Oct 23, 17:37

These stats can see a few changes imo. Firstly, speed is overrated imo, he is still very hard to beat on the straights but in the first few meters he's nothing special, I was thinking something like TS: 86 ACC:83/84, similar to what I'd date Chris Smalling.

Also passing definately needs to come up, behind Pique he is the guy who is given the responsibility to come out of defence and look for a pass, and he can make some splitting through balls for a SB/CB too. Something like 77/78 SPA is fair imo, with a +2/3 in SPS too. Another thing I have been impressed with Abidal over the past couple of seasons is his decion-making too, he is very pragmatic when coming out of defence, yet will make a vital pass and show some great vision when he needs too, because of this I'd also bring TW up to 84.

Another thing which could be upped is his DA & TECH, he makes good use of his long strides when bringing the ball out of defence but he also can keep the ball quite close and it is always under control, probably worthy of an 80 in DA imo, or 79 at least (though Pique could probably come up here too). Technique could also come up a bit, but not sure what to because his touch can be a bit sporadic, at times looking very good and others being a bit 'bobbly'.

He has been getting forward a bit more than what he has done in the past too when played at left back, so aggression could maybe come up slightly. As well as response maybe? he can make some nice interceptions though he does have quite a 'laid back' approach to defending so I'm no 100% sure. Not too sure on LPA either, he's not one to really look for a cross but is he that bad? I've seen him spread play a few times well, which would suggest maybe an increase in LPA. He can seem a bit stiff at times too so I'd look out for agility.

Phil

Postby blaugrana » 2011 Nov 10, 00:53

I agree with the last three posts. At least his passing and DA could do an update. Just watch this magnificent assist against Bilbao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBX8aF827Mg

Something Dani Alves should learn from.

blaugrana

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 10, 01:06

Good post Phil, and I agree with your statements.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Nov 13, 20:46

Agree with DA 79, SPA 77, SPS 78, LPA 75/76, TECH 79 and maybe it would a good idea to change ATT/DEF AWARENESS to DEF and bring his AGG up to 79 together with ATT 70/71?

TS and ACC should come down more imo. A 86 would still be a bit too much imo, Thiago Silva is definitely faster than him. TS 85 is the max imo. And his burst can't sit that close to Ramos' for example. I think ACC 81 would fit PSD standards. DS also definitely needs to come down. Without space in front of him to just kick the ball forward, he's not fast on the ball at all. Looking at his TS, I'd say he shouldn't sit higher than 79.
I'm not too sure on TW 84.. too close to Alves I think. Would agree with a 83. And AGI should definitely come down, he's pretty stiff. Shouldn't sit higher than 79/80 imo.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 13, 20:53

Abidal Is actually really really fast. I'm not that sure about him being so ''low''. I agree on ACC though.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Nov 13, 20:58

Hmm maybe it's just me but he didn't seem faster than 85 too me this season. But then again seeing Alves on a 86, it wouldn't be right.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Phil » 2011 Nov 13, 22:20

He's faster than Alves over distance for me and I don't think it's wise to compare speed stats with CB's because they're generally not given their actual speed stats because they'll be overpowered or don't show it often enough, supposedly. So, I'd go with 86 TS. You're probably right about ACC though his burst seems better when he has the ball strangely enough, so I'm not sure on a DS value that low. I'm gonna stick with 84 TW too, he is very clever with his distribution and almost always makes the right choice. Plus he always makes space to make himself available for a pass, he's very good at doing that. Your AGI suggestions are pretty similar to what I was thinking too.

Phil

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Nov 13, 22:43

Nahh Thiago Silva's TS is not underrated. He's maybe a point faster but that's it. He's definitely faster than Alves but I find him so overrated in that aspect.. I also don't think he's just one point under Pepe for example. And it's not even a case of finding the right value by comparing but just by watching. But the majority rules ;).
On his DS, I've never seen Abidal go on a fast 'R1 run'.. without space to punt and run (double tap R1), he's not a real threat on the ball speed wise. Nothing like A. Cole for example and it's not like he's slow on the ball with a 79. But maybe it's just me..

Btw where have you been man?

Mr. Evans

Postby Phil » 2011 Nov 13, 23:04

I don't really watch Serie A too much these days, but Pepe has some serious pace on him. I always find it hard comparing speed stats with CB's, especially in PES terms. Though I agree with Alves being overrated too, I've had him on 84 TS for quite a while now. Still not too sure on DS though.

I've had a lot of uni work lately, but I might start being a bit more active on here.

Phil

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players