Pavel PARDO

Moderator: Mod's

Pavel PARDO

Postby Heui » 2008 Dec 13, 20:41

After legendary Zvonimir Soldo retired in June 2006, Stuttgart were in desperate need of a quality defensive midfielder to at least partly fill the huge gap Soldo had left. For a decade had the 189cm tall Croatian been one of the dominating figure in Stuttgart’s midfield, backing the likes of Krassimir Balakov or Aliaksandr Hleb.
Bringing in Pardo was what can be called the best signing since having signed Meira from Benfica.
Right from the start did Pardo do what everyone expected him to do: being a worthy successor of Stuttgart legend Soldo
Yet, I’m gonna go into more detail later on after having given u some information on Pardo’s career. :P

Pardo’s career started in 1993 at the age of 17 at Atlas de Guadalajara, the local team of his home town; one of quite a number of similarities between his and Meira’s career tbh.
After five years there, he made his way to UAG Tecos where he only stayed one season before being signed by Mexican giants Club América. What did I just say bout similarities between their careers? :D
He spent 7 quite successful years in Mexico-City where he won two Championships, before he was signed by Stuttgart in summer 2006, making him and fellow Mexican Ricardo Osorio, who Stuttgart signed from Cruz Azul, the first Mexicans in Bundesliga.

Pardo’s play is very much alike Meira’s in terms of anticipation and determination though the Mexican also has other strengths which make him very important for his team.
Yet, since he is the successor for Soldo, comparisons between them are legal and should be made. Soldo’s play was dominated by physicality which was not really astonishing since he stood at 189/88. Considering the fact that Pardo is only 175/69 it could be doubted that he is able to take it to his opponents in the same way Soldo did. WRONG! :P Pardo is not only able to bring it to the opponent’s players physically, he is also one of those who you need as a true #6 coz he knows when to commit a (rather hard) foul to wake up the team and make a statement on the pitch. Those were qualities Soldo was loved for by Stuttgart fans and they now love Pardo for.
Nevertheless, Pardo’s play doesn’t only consist of chopping players down. He has great vision which is one of the most important features a DM should have to be successful (see “importance of the DM” discussion PLF’s thread). Pardo is able to play pinpoint passes to team mates, be it from deep down in his team’s half or as a nice through ball to open the opponent’s defence.
Besides him being physically and technically gifted, his main asset is his mental strength. Pardo simply keeps going just like Meira till the final whistle blows, another quality Stuttgart fans highly appreciated in Soldo.

by Red_Phoenix

Last edited by Heui on 2008 Dec 28, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Heui

by »

Re: Pavel PARDO

Postby xeneize » 2011 Nov 04, 01:54

xeneize wrote:the last suggestions are

STA 88?
COND 6
those are sure changes to me

i'm not sure aobut his ATT, i know he had a good positioning, bt i don't know if he's the same as before (1/2 points less could be fine)
and decrease by 1 or 2? point at least his shoort pass stats? definitely nowadays is not better than gago in short passes
as already i say, i'm not sure aobut his TW, look high for a plaeyr like pavel...

everybody think his RES/MENT are fine?

sorry teh triple post... but? :mrgreen:
also with teh "new" definition of TW, about off the ball movement, i think need go dowm, he don't search the ball like before (also don't think he deserve this value also when was young)

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, THERE WILL BE NOT ANOTHER LIKE YOU
xeneize

Postby Diego » 2011 Nov 04, 02:09

still i would wait for a more concluded concept before changing anything, though with either definition Tw is too high. as you pointed out Res and Ment seem to high as well
and i think there is no need to say agree for the decrease of Sta and Cond.
I remember him being injured last season, so i am not sure about him being A, one that didnt le him play against Santos and another that let him out for 3 months.

"Despiertenme... Cuando pase el reggaeton."

Así será Maestro Image
Diego

Postby xeneize » 2012 Feb 14, 15:16

xeneize wrote:so?

xeneize

Postby VUKDS » 2012 Jun 04, 15:29

Overrated :?:

VUKDS

Postby xeneize » 2012 Jun 04, 15:51

xeneize wrote:
xeneize wrote:so?

you ahve something in mind to him Vinnie?

xeneize

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 06, 22:31

I think his physical abilities are all a little worse, a little worse then 77 TS, more like 73-75, a little worse in STA, definitely less agile. I'm going to go through with the physical tweaks soon unless there are some other views on this.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 06, 22:45

and by the way i don't see him deserving covering star anymore too...
Thoughts on the updates? I'll list them on request.

vinnie

Postby Fiddy » 2012 Jun 06, 23:21

That's what i'd have him on

Spoiler: show
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 69 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 71
Defence: 74
Balance: 80
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 74
Acceleration: 73
Response: 80
Agility: 74
Dribble Accuracy: 79
Dribble Speed: 73
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 81
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 71
Free Kick Accuracy: 80
Curling: 81
Header: 71
Jump: 78
Technique: 80
Aggression: 64
Mentality: 85
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 82

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Playmaking (?)
★ Center

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P06 - Pinpoint Pass (?)
P18 - Talisman (?)
P?? - Anchor Man

Last edited by Fiddy on 2012 Jun 06, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Fiddy

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 06, 23:30

Of those i like with STA and DEF and MEN. Some good points there. A tad drastic though eh? (and could you put stats under a spoiler? :)) Xeneize, Ballack do you think any further tweaks are needed? I don't want to go so fast, i think it's alright right now from what i've seen. For now I think this set can stay until the season resumes at least, though i think your set could be considered.

And i would take off *covering before considering *playmaking.

vinnie

Postby Fiddy » 2012 Jun 06, 23:41

Yeah, such a downgrade is needed, age is catching up with him, and it's abvious, he still a pure leader and tacticien tho. i feel that set reprents him quite well.

Fiddy

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 06, 23:45

on a whole, i think the level of your set better represents him, but i'll come back tommorow to look at this guy again and make a judgement.

vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 07, 18:39

So on the second view i updated him a little more. I took some of your suggestions fiddy, thanks for the opinion.

Any thoughts? I'm going to leave this for now, but discussion would be nice.

vinnie

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jul 29, 06:40

I don't really trust this set atm to be honest, if anyone else can help me out with opinions on this guy it would be much appreciated, i haven't been able to watch many games of him

*also, going to delete all those silly posts in the first and second page about geography unless there's a legitimate reason to keep them (which i doubt :| )

vinnie

Previous

Return to Retired Players