Isaac Cuenca

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Isaac Cuenca

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Oct 24, 13:11

Joan Isaac Cuenca López (born 27 April 1991 in Reus, Tarragona, Catalonia) is a Spanish footballer who plays for FC Barcelona B as a right winger.

Cuenca joined FC Barcelona's La Masia in 2002, aged just 11. Halfway through his third youth year, however, he returned home and joined local CF Reus Deportiu, remaining with the club a further three (full) seasons.

Cuenca finished his formation with CF Damm and Barcelona, rejoining the latter in 2009. He made his senior debuts in the 2010–11 season, being loaned to yet another Catalonia club, CE Sabadell FC in the third division. He made an immediate impact, starting in 24 of his appearances and totalling 2,288 minutes as the Arlequinats returned to the second level after a 18-year absence.

In June 2011, Cuenca returned to Barcelona and joined its B team, alongside Martí Riverola. Shortly after, we was called by first-team manager Josep Guardiola to the pre-season, and made his debut on 23 July against HNK Hajduk Split.

Cuenca made his official debut for Barça B on 4 September 2011, playing the last 29 minutes in a 4–0 away win against FC Cartagena, and scoring the last goal of the match. On 19 October, he made his first official appearance for the main squad, replacing David Villa in the dying minutes of a 2–0 home success against FC Viktoria Plzeň, for the season's UEFA Champions League.

Last edited by Eternal Night on 2011 Dec 22, 18:52, edited 2 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Isaac CUENCA

Postby Eternal Night » 2011 Oct 24, 14:29

This guy is a machine... He's the best player I've created. The next crack of Barça!
Good tweaks, JuLiTo, I like them :)

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Postby Xyder » 2011 Oct 29, 21:54

Watching him playing with the first team, I feel his overall passing could it be a bit higher (both short and long), his TW could it be a bit higher too and today he wasn't sorrounded by Xavi or Iniesta to connect with a players with an insanely high TW, but his connections with Alves and Messi are really really good, IMO he could be the next Pedrito, with less accuracy in front of goal but with a better overall passing. He's the classic WF and for FCB, need a player like him, 'cause the first team it's full of SS but not pure WFs (maybe Alexis could it be the player who seems more a classic WF).

Xyder

Postby Korinov » 2011 Oct 29, 22:05

Agree with Xyder about passing, not about TW. He has already quite a high value for a WF... if he keeps playing in an SS role for the first team then I wouldn't oppose a change of main position and raise in TW, though.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby JuLiTo » 2011 Oct 30, 12:04

Xyder wrote:Watching him playing with the first team, I feel his overall passing could it be a bit higher (both short and long), his TW could it be a bit higher too and today he wasn't sorrounded by Xavi or Iniesta to connect with a players with an insanely high TW, but his connections with Alves and Messi are really really good, IMO he could be the next Pedrito, with less accuracy in front of goal but with a better overall passing. He's the classic WF and for FCB, need a player like him, 'cause the first team it's full of SS but not pure WFs (maybe Alexis could it be the player who seems more a classic WF).

I love this guy, I also think like you :)

JuLiTo

Postby Eternal Night » 2011 Oct 30, 14:47

I agree with a little upgrade in his pass skills but with TW... I have some doubts. I would wait for some matches to see the connections with his mates of the 1st team.

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Postby El Pipita » 2011 Nov 03, 10:12

His close control worth more than a 83.

El Pipita

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2011 Nov 03, 10:43

That's more so a prime example of Agility and DA, rather than Technique.

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Fides » 2011 Nov 03, 10:54

Yeah dont go to crazy. We have seen good debuts/first games of Wooter, Aliadiere, Bellion, etc. (young players who started playing in a "machine" team) well before we realised they werent that amazing. Same might go up for Jeffren Suarez.

Fides

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 03, 11:09

Jeffren Is not the same kind of player. This dude here reminds me more of Pedrito, Jeffren was just a fast player who could never dribble anyone. He never could .

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2011 Nov 03, 11:31

To be honest, I was not that impressed by him against Plzen. He did well on two occasions, one being the above and the other being a very good cross, but apart from that showed very little.

I've heard he did very well in La Liga, though.

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 03, 11:54

Pretty simillar to Pedrito's early performances to me.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Fides » 2011 Nov 03, 15:34

Fixer wrote:Jeffren Is not the same kind of player. This dude here reminds me more of Pedrito, Jeffren was just a fast player who could never dribble anyone. He never could .
I wasnt talking about the type of player, I am just saying that I am surprized that a 20 year old who only played 4 games for Barca (and only because of an injury crisis!) already gets stats which rival a respected winger like Roy Beerens (U21 Euro Champion of 2007, winger of the current top team of the Dutch League, 1 cap for NL, 30 goals in the Eredivisie etc.).
He just seems too good, too allround for this set. He played for a Segunda B team a couple of months ago! So either his was a huge underperformer in the Segunda B (only a handful of goals) or he made the most incredible development for a 20 year old ever.

Fides

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 03, 15:42

I get what you mean bud. I did not accept these stats but I would have If I saw them. I think that It fits my standards to rate young players, In wich I was really conservative before and Im not anymore. He's probably to show more, but so far he hasn't given me any reason to think he does not deserve such as for his perforamnces on the first team (Wich include a match as an starter in La Liga...For Barça!!)

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Fides » 2011 Nov 03, 16:08

I understand, and dont get me wrong, Cuenca seems like a big prospect, but somebody has to be the starter in the team when the others are injured huh?
Oleguer also played his games as a starter for a CL winning Barca, but when he left Barca we (well at least I) saw that he wasnt able to make it at Ajax.
With this set Cuenca's dribbling stats are already at the level of Sergio Garcia's whom himself was in pretty much the same situation (Damm, Barca B, some minutes in Barca) as Cuenca is now....but then 8 years ago, but I doubt Sergio Garcia would already have been given those stats then.

Fides

Postby Korinov » 2011 Nov 03, 16:17

The number of games he's played here or there shouldn't matter in regards to his stats... I pretty much agree with his current values for dribbling, I mean, I have seen him playing a few times and his ball control and skill to move it close to his feet without losing it despite pressure (and he doesn't have a bulky body to help him on that) is pretty amazing for a 20-yeared old.

What I would downgrade is clearly Stamina, even at Barça B he sometimes fits a "revulsive sub" role, so no need for a value like 82. 80 would be pretty fine IMO, taking ladders into account. And Teamwork also seems a bit high to me for a young WF, I wouldn't give him a green value yet... maybe 74 would be enough. Balance could also come down a bit, I honestly don't see him two points over Di María in that aspect.

Anyway, if you consider this set to be overrated, I don't know what you will think when you get an eye on some young british swiftbacks in this same DB...

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby Fides » 2011 Nov 03, 18:20

Well what would you (meaning: all the guys who are okay with these stats for such a unproven player) give to the 18 year old Labyad then? He is also a talented guy, playing on the right wing. Already played more then 30 games for PSV and I am sure that in the current conditions (all the injuries at Barca) he would also been given some playing time at Barca. (And you can pin me on this: He will end up being a bigger player then Cuenca if he doesnt break his leg or something).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8EmsXfhWTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vut3T6Nj_cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLw5EQWmX0

And I am sure that every league (probably almost every topteam with a good academy) has young talented players like these.....but they dont wear an azulgrana jersey so arent immediately rewarded with allround ability and some quality stats for ball control, speed and dribbling.

Until he was moved to the Barca first team Cuenca only was a starter TWICE! (vs Alcorcon and vs Gualadajara....)

Fides

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 03, 18:43

It's more a matter of ranks there. Deulofeu Isn't an starter either for B but he was called for the first team even before his promition to Barça B

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Fides » 2011 Nov 03, 18:56

Well it wasnt me who approved that Deulofeu set (I only saw him at the U19 Championship where he was quite good, but that doenst mean anything, Delfouneso also became topscorer, Ninguez and Nsue also kicked as over there).
Just be honest: Cuenca hasnt proven to be anything special (not even at Barca B level, and that for a 20 year old), and these stats suggest he might be a gem.... that doesnt make sense.

Fides

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 03, 19:10

Well I don't agree with that view at all. Most younglings have been rated this way and I do not find It unfair myself, but that's up to opinions.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Next

Return to Deportivo de La Coruña