Carlos Carmona

Moderators: crisfar, zuo, Epsi, čale, Mod's

Carlos Carmona

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 13:37

Spoiler: show
Bio:
In this campaign for the struggling Reggina side, he has been their most consistent player. He has played in almost every match, as well as playing for the Chilean NT. He is a hardworking player who will give his all for the team for the full 90'. Only occasions he didn't go the full 90 were do to getting a red card, and he was used as a 58+ min sub on 2 occasions. He is even more important in the MF for his country. Was the captain of the U-21 who was loaded with talent(Isla, Sanchez, Iturra, etc). For his country he plays more of a "makelele role" in the MF, where for Reggina he is playing a more defensive CMF next to his South American partner Edgar Barretto. He does not play like a 168cm/68kg MF. IMO he plays bigger and taller than Gargano, I was shocked to see those were his given height and weight when originally making his stats. Doing stats for his shooting is very difficult. He doesn't get too many opportunities. He can obviously make the fantastic goal like the video below, but he did not have a single goal in the Serie A this season. His few attempts I have seen this season more often then not were wild Middle shot attempts, a LFK attempt into the wall, and a nice RF shot from the top of the box that had to be saved. In head to head physical battles that I took note of. He is definitely stronger than Zarate(77, and a little bit taller), but more telling vs Juve he successfully bodied up Iaquinta (191, 84). So I am putting his balance close to (GoonerLover66's)Gargano. He seems to play bigger than Gargano, but also seems to get pushed off the ball a bit easier(even thought he is not easy to push off the ball). When he seems to be able to give ball away on his dribble, it's not due to lack of strength but his average dribbling. But his 1st touch is very calm, and well controlled similar to Dondadel's. Nothing too fancy, but a good understanding of teammates. He plays a similar understanding to De Rossi or Palombo as a "metodista". With the NT especially the offense goes through him. He makes the connecting passes to get the offense going. Will rarely make the killer pass, but again similar to Donadel in his ability to not hold onto the ball too long and distribute simple passes.

The Big 4(ATT/DEF/MENT/AGG) + RES:
Unlike Donadel, who relies on his response, Carmona is more reliant on his defensive positioning. He doesn't have poor response, but really nothing special. His Positioning & anticipations put him in the right position to make the tackle. The problem is, his response is inconsistent resulting in the most cards on the squad. He has a very high work rate, and with a team like Reggina there were a lot of opportunities for him to just give up, but he was the heart in that MF. I'd like to give him *Covering or *Center...but the fact is that he plays centrally, except when he covers to the side. He will not cover the back line, because he is too short. So I opted not to give him either stars for now. As mentioned, he doesn't get too involved inside the box, but he will occasionally get opportunities right outside the box to take a shot. But for the most part he stays pretty deep(ala Donadel).

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Carlos CARMONA

Postby Akron » 2010 Aug 03, 12:18

jmg721 wrote:I feel like you are calling for an overall update for every player I made. I made them well enough that only tweaks needed to be made. I see no need for an overall update because his stats were made pretty well in the 1st place(if I don't mind tooting my own horn :P)

Oh no man i never saw whois the poster :D.

To me Carmona is a very good player and this doesn't get his best.

Akron

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Mar 18, 16:12

I'll make some suggestions...

Defence: 75 (IMO in this criteria he is between Gargano and Miguel Veloso)
Top Speed: 78 (+2) (he looks as fast as D'Agostino... That's not a great deal anyway)
Response: 82 (has shown some improvement in his RES in the last years; on level with Bacinonic)
Header: 73 (At least he can put defensive headers; he doesn't look worse in headers than Gelson Fernandes or Gargano)
Jump: 81 (his leaping looks as good as Yebda, though the latter has an important advantage in height over Carmona)
Aggression: 72 (he approaches the opposite area as often as Donadel)

Last edited by KeyserSoze on 2011 Jun 28, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
KeyserSoze

Postby cell_destroyer » 2011 Jun 27, 21:33

Carmona isn't that small....
He is listed as being 178-179 in many different sources such as fifa.com, etc and one can clearly see he is taller then listed here in this picture:

He is just as tall as Beausejour and Vidal who are 179 and 180 respectively.

cell_destroyer

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Jun 28, 13:27

In that pic he looks like 177 cm, 1 cm smaller than Beausejour.

KeyserSoze

Postby Epsi » 2011 Jun 28, 13:51

updated with atalanta's site measurements..
maxpower care to elaborate your suggestions? I'd like to listen your opinions on him

Epsi

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Jun 28, 14:06

Epsi wrote:updated with atalanta's site measurements..
maxpower care to elaborate your suggestions? I'd like to listen your opinions on him

That post was edited with some explanations and some subtle changes ;)

KeyserSoze

Postby cell_destroyer » 2011 Jun 28, 22:07

Alright maybe i didn't pick the best picture as he does look 176-177 ish in that one, here are some others that show he deserves at least 178-179:

In both he looks about 1 cm smaller then Vidal who is 180 and about same height as Jara.

cell_destroyer

Postby cell_destroyer » 2011 Jul 11, 19:21

See below.

Last edited by cell_destroyer on 2011 Aug 14, 22:35, edited 2 times in total.
cell_destroyer

Postby Akron » 2011 Jul 19, 00:54

My values for him always have been higher than this set. I agree with you in all. But i like even more.

I like stamina 90 but like he run he can complete matches runing and runing and intelligently. He remember me to Toulalan.
He seems low because of his Acc. He runs quick in large races. 83 for mw in TS and 79/80 in Acc.

Response his one of his high points because he can take so many battles but he neves get expulsed. Always inteligently like i said before.

He can assist very well i saw him assisting in reduce spaces and with perfect long passes.

Akron

Postby cell_destroyer » 2011 Aug 14, 22:34

Club: Atalanta BC
Name: Carlos CARMONA
Shirt Name: CARMONA
Number: 26
Positions: DM, CM
Nationality: Chilean

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 74 kg

Injury Tolerance: B
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 69
Defence: 76
Balance: 83
Stamina: 90
Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 79
Response: 82
Agility: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 80
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 70
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 75
Free Kick Accuracy: 70
Curling: 76
Header: 70
Jump: 80
Technique: 79
Aggression: 73
Mentality: 87
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 86

Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 7

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

PLAYER INDEX CARDS: S09 - Covering

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: DEF

cell_destroyer

Postby Akron » 2011 Aug 14, 23:40

Nice stats, better than first post. I think his TS should be like 82.. he's not slow.

Akron

Postby cell_destroyer » 2011 Aug 15, 14:35

Akron wrote:Nice stats, better than first post. I think his TS should be like 82.. he's not slow.

Do you have any videos proving this? I dont remember him ever being that fast, maybe 79 max.

cell_destroyer

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Oct 25, 21:55

He needs Index Cards; I guess Enforcer is an option at least.

KeyserSoze

Previous

Return to Atalanta BC