Diego Godín

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

Diego Godín

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 00:03

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Oct 03, 07:47, edited 2 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Diego GODÍN

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2010 Oct 09, 16:50

Since we said in Domínguez's thread that Godín needed an update, what are your thoughts on the matter? I'll start:

Attack: He's as dangerous as Albiol when going forward, a 68 could do it. he really likes to go up, but he knows how to time his runs.

Defence: He is one of the best CB's of the league, and going for 84-86 wouldn't be crazy, I think he is over Albiol (84), but not as good as Piqué (86). So I go for the 85, along with Pepe or Cata Díaz.

Response: looks fine, though IMO he is better than Albiol or Gonzalo (85), but its more like they should go a little bit down.

Speed: He is as fast as Pareja or Piqué, he should get 80/80 or 80/79

Header: He is a good header, I'd go for an 84, along with Milito and Gregory and just below Cristiano and Piqué.

Jump: If Piqué (192 cm) has an 84 and Albiol (190 cm) an 85, Godín (185 cm) should be above them, he is as good as those two in the air, despite being shorter. I'd go for an 86/87.

Passing: I'd say he is better than Puyol (75/76) with short passes, so maybe a 76/74 could do it.

Let's discuss!

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
StannisTheMannis

Postby Fixer » 2010 Oct 09, 16:55

I was waiting for him to come back and see another couple of matches of him as I felt, just like you, that he needed an urgent update after what we've seen on Villarreal, World Cup and this League start, but since you've done It first I can only say one thing:

I completely AGREE with your suggestions :)

Edit: Mistakes of fast typing. I don't 'COMPLETELY' as for Speed, I'd go to a 79/78 value. He ain't slow at all, but not sure If he should be that close to Piqué, even tough I think Piqué is a bit faster than his set says (No I ain't no coward but I'm not gonna suggest that yet as I think his thread has had enough with Speed for me to come and start a new war :lol: )

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Santa Klaus » 2010 Nov 01, 21:45

Agüero wrote:Since we said in Domínguez's thread that Godín needed an update, what are your thoughts on the matter? I'll start:

Attack: He's as dangerous as Albiol when going forward, a 68 could do it. he really likes to go up, but he knows how to time his runs.

Defence: He is one of the best CB's of the league, and going for 84-86 wouldn't be crazy, I think he is over Albiol (84), but not as good as Piqué (86). So I go for the 85, along with Pepe or Cata Díaz.

Response: looks fine, though IMO he is better than Albiol or Gonzalo (85), but its more like they should go a little bit down.

Speed: He is as fast as Pareja or Piqué, he should get 80/80 or 80/79

Header: He is a good header, I'd go for an 84, along with Milito and Gregory and just below Cristiano and Piqué.

Jump: If Piqué (192 cm) has an 84 and Albiol (190 cm) an 85, Godín (185 cm) should be above them, he is as good as those two in the air, despite being shorter. I'd go for an 86/87.

Passing: I'd say he is better than Puyol (75/76) with short passes, so maybe a 76/74 could do it.

Let's discuss!

Totally agree...I add that he usually leave his place and advance with the ball keeping the ball with him, leaving Assunçao keeping an eye of the place left.

He will out 1 month because of apendicitis

Santa Klaus

Postby tasmin » 2010 Nov 16, 07:02

also i think it will be realistic to give him a injury tolerance C .he is very injury pron player.

he missed last 4 matches in the world cup for injury,missed the last two friendlies , missed some matches for villareal and atletico and will also miss the upcoming friendly against chile and some matches in la liga.

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby Xyder » 2010 Nov 19, 23:49

Updated with Agüero's suggestions, I'd tried for the 80/79 on TS, ACC; thinkin' on I like to raise Piqué to 82 on TS and 80 on ACC (I'll write this suggestion later or tomorrow after Almería-FCB if he will play)

Xyder

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2011 Apr 11, 12:58

He deserves pinpoint pass, he is always trying to make killer passes while in his own field. And maybe oine of the cards that make the CBs go wild on attack, with an aggression raise. He's more likely than een Piqué to go on a rush with the ball.

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
StannisTheMannis

Postby Fixer » 2011 Apr 11, 13:30

I also think his acc could be 78 don't you? It's sometimes more a matter of response when he intercepts running players imo.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2011 Apr 11, 13:57

Yes, he's giving me that impression lately. He is more likely to block players in larger spaces than in shorter ones, because of the acceleration.

StannisTheMannis

Postby Fixer » 2011 Apr 13, 22:26

Updated.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jun 15, 15:36

Mr.Evans and I have been discussing some stuff about Musacchio's technical abilities and I wanted to suggest some stuff for Godín before we do anything.
We are talking about DA / DS / TECH and some of the passing there (Come join us If you wish) and I think that Godín could use a raise too. I mean, I find him pretty classy with the ball, It does not burn on him. He's a pretty decent CB In that aspect not to say he's good. Besides the October update, imo Godín could use some increases in these aspects. I'm giving numbers:

DS: 76
SPS: 75
LPA: 74
LPS: 75
Tech: 76

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jun 15, 15:49

Don't really know Godin but his TW seems low for someone with his (suggested) passing stats. He's a good passer but isn't really good at distributing the ball from the back? Or does he take very long on the ball or is he very static?

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby tasmin » 2011 Jun 15, 15:59

godin is a very positive player. i mean he is well organized , knows his duty properly , best technical CB in Uruguay national team currently and good ball distributor & great threat in set pieces. he has a great range of deep passing showed both in atletico and villareal ! and so as in Uruguay.he is nothing over exceptional but knows what he is doing.
i agree with the changes of Fixer and honestly he is easily yellow value in team work.

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Jun 15, 16:10

I forgot about his ATT. 68 is a really high number and puts him over the likes of Vidic, who is a huge threat from set-pieces and one of the best around when talking about CBs. Is he really more of a threat than Vidic?

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jun 15, 16:17

Yeah agree with TW. Godín may not be as good as Vidic on header, height, and stuff, but he's sure one great CB in the opposite box. If someone Is bothered due to this he can go to a 67, but imo a high value Is well deserved.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jun 15, 16:21

Agree with all the proposed changes by fixer. Hes a very confident player on the ball, very decent distributor from the back. I see no reason for his TW not to sit on an 82 or so value.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Fixer » 2011 Jun 15, 16:25

Like that guy fcb16 says 'Three agrees, so by the forum's rules gotta update It!!' :lol: Gonna update him.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby newtman » 2011 Sep 15, 07:00

resp and def both suited better at 84.

newtman

Postby Fixer » 2011 Sep 15, 14:45

Maybe we can consider a few changes...but he did not have enough regularity for Atlético as for games played. I'd like to wait a bit more.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Fixer » 2011 Nov 11, 17:32

Do I smell serious downgrade?

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Xyder » 2011 Nov 15, 14:35

IMO this thread stinks downgrade, he hasn't shown anything from those values for a while, specially DEF, TS, HEA and JUMP.

Xyder

PreviousNext

Return to Atlético Madrid