ROBERTO CARLOS

Moderator: Mod's

ROBERTO CARLOS

Postby A-SK » 2008 Dec 11, 22:01

CREDITS TO TAMAGUCHI_JAPA

Spoiler: show

EXPLANATION:
Attack: Has the best positional sense out of the majority of the fullbacks, but nowhere near as good as Santos or even Uğur. Very inteligent positional sense for a fullback though.

Defence: Reliable to a certain extent. He isn't great at marking or closing down the opposition, but rarely makes embarassing mistakes that lead to goals. He's practically one of the fullbacks in the league that was able to keep Keita quiet throughout 90 minutes.

Balance: Doesn't really bounce back off people like Vederson and stands more tall against the opposition than Santos. I'd say he's roughly on par with Emre.

Stamina: At the moment, he is on the decline and isn't the most athletic fullback you'll see. Doesn't really run back and forth along the left flank, but still seems to sweat like a pig towards the end of a game.

Top Speed: Quick, not really bullet quick. He can easily keep up with the majority of wingers, but wouldn't be able to outrun Distin or even King.

Acceleration: Quicker on the straights.

Response: When he first arrived to the club, he was soo attack minded that his reading of the game seemed to revolve around dribbling and shooting, but he's looked to overcome his rather poor concentration. Because of the rather defensive nature of Turkish football, he's had sharpen his reflexes and work on his defending and by gosh darn it, he's done so! :D

Agility: Incredibly tricky to slip past in close quarters! It's the main reason why Roberto was able to stop Keita from doing his job. He forced Keita to play by the byline and was able to avoid gettin' dummied by him. It's the main reason why I think he deserves the card.

Dribble Accuracy: Kick and run dribbler, nothing more.

Dribble Speed: On the ball, he seems to be quicker :?

Short Pass Accuracy: Comfortable passer of the ball, but I don't rate him as highly as Semih or Baroni. Generally speaking, he keeps it short and safe.

Short Pass Speed: Doesn't put alot of power in his passes.

Long Pass Accuracy: Can be rather hit or miss at times. Don't really rate him higher than Vederson.

Long Pass Speed: Crosses like he shoots. Doesn't pack as much power though.

Shot Accuracy: Averages quite a high number of goals, but needs far too many attempts on goals to score.

Shot Power: Nowadays, any keeper with even remotely good reflexes would be able to deal with his shots. His shots don't really whiz by keepers like they use to. His shots aren't necessarily easy to grasp, but they can be easily parried.

Shot Tecnique: What technique? :?

Free Kick Accuracy: His attempts will either bounce back off the wall or hit the target, nothing in between. I'd say he hits the target on 1 in every 3 chances he has tries his luck. Put a 5 man wall in front of him and there's no chance of him scoring!

Curling: Impressive, to say the least! When he does wants, he can put more spin and dip on the ball than anyone else.

Header: Somewhat capable of heading the ball, but I wouldn't put my money him scoring with his head.

Jump: I seriously don't rate him higher than Vederson or Gökhan. Carlos really doesn't have the same spring in his jump like he use to. I've decided to raise it slightly because of the future updates I'm thinking for Vederson and Gökhan.

Technique: Tantalizing good! Roberto's first touch is amongst the best in the team. Has anyone seen the video? He sort of does a seal dribble using his feet rather than his head!

Aggression: I've been caught in two minds over this one :oops: While he does actively get forward sometimes, he'll often stay glued in his own when faced with tricky right wingers. Against arsenal, he didn't move forward at all! Walcott run him ragged so he decided to avoid getting outrun by Walcott. Didn't make much of a difference, but that's old story now :mrgreen: He's done this when faced with Arda, Keita and etc.

Mentality: Like I said, he's been extremely laid back for the past season and a half :x Seems to have a big grin on his face when he scores or when the team are winning, but can't stay motivated enough to come back from losing situation.

Team Work: From the get-go, Roberto settled in well at the club. Works very well with the defence and is rarely the person who breaks the offside trap. He does try his luck from distance quite often, but the card should deal with that ;)

Last edited by anokhin on 2011 Apr 03, 05:21, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: Overall Update
A-SK

by »

Re: ROBERTO CARLOS

Postby anokhin » 2011 May 29, 09:24

ominho wrote:Maybe it's good to wait next Loko-Anzhi match. ;)

you right, RC is DMF =)

Lokomotion 2011
anokhin

Postby valdemarcareca » 2011 Jun 03, 02:43

Shot Power: 88 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 92

valdemarcareca

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jun 04, 00:47

How is he doing there? :mrgreen:

Vickingo

Postby xeneize » 2011 Jun 04, 01:09

apparently play as DM :shock:
i don't see him in that position... how he do in that position?

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, THERE WILL BE NOT ANOTHER LIKE YOU
xeneize

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 01:30

He's playing as DMF in 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation. Also team captain & FK/PK taker. Against lokomotiv, he showed world class cross & assist by set piece.

As DMF he's almost anchorman, can create game with Pin-point pass skill. & like i've already written, he covers well even behind def line. Currently Anzhi stands on 4th place in RPL table despite promoted team. Really have well done imo. :mrgreen: Unfortunately, I lost video url which including his defense. I'll post it later. ;)

EDIT: Dynamo 2-2 Anzhi (this vedeo includes his covering & the 1st PK goal for Anzhi & assist by RCK)

Last edited by ominho on 2011 Jun 04, 05:59, edited 2 times in total.
ominho

Postby xeneize » 2011 Jun 04, 01:33

I never would have imagined him at that position, maybe as CM but with the function of anchor man? never

xeneize

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 01:40

If you have time, serch "Анжи" (it means Anzhi in Russian) on youtube. You can watch how he's doing. ;) As for me, he's too defensive to think him as CMF.

Last edited by ominho on 2011 Jun 04, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
ominho

Postby xeneize » 2011 Jun 04, 01:42

ok, thanks!

xeneize

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 03:19

nice work, as a former world top play he can use his amazing skills of 'reading' the game and give nice pinpoint passes, and he also know how to hit a ball .. very nice stats too !!

"The ball punishes" Muricy Ramalho
"I tooked over 15.000 set pieces before doing it in a official game" Rogério Ceni
RC01

Postby Vickingo » 2011 Jun 04, 03:48

RC01 wrote:nice work, as a former world top play he can use his amazing skills of 'reading' the game and give nice pinpoint passes, and he also know how to hit a ball .. very nice stats too !!

For what I could see, may be his RES could go up with a change in his position? And if you change his position to DMF you should add Anchor Man

Vickingo

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 03:58

Yeah, Pin-point pass card could be added too. Also I doubt sliding card. btw, I have an apprehension that RPL mod anokhin seems not to follow Anzhi.

ominho

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 04:02

agree with pinpoint pass, maybe 85 for res? im not sure about his Anchor man cause its just his first season play as a DM and russian league is way more easy than Campeonato Brasileiro,Apertura y Clausura,Bundesliga and these championships not the top ones but maybe the more hard to predict the winner..

"I tooked over 15.000 set pieces before doing it in a official game" Rogério Ceni
RC01

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 04:16

Anchorman card is to represent playing style of deep sitting DM/CM. Do you think it's related to league level? I couldn't catch what you meant, sorry.

ominho

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 04:20

hi ominho!! greetins from Brazil, i meant thats easier for a man that played many years as a attacking SB turning into a holding DM in russian than here or in Argentina or even in german league, can you figure out he being a anchor in the borussia's midfield ? something like this..

RC01

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 05:11

Thanks João for the intelligible explanation. I got it. :!:
However, it's a fact that he's giving priority to defense in russia & discarded overlapping. So, more time needed to analyse new R.C.

PS; you seems to be great addition to the forum, welcome! Your posts will activate us ever more. :D

ominho

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 05:19

so the new R.C give the pacey away in prove to turn an anchor with his above average mentality and now a defensive mind ?

nice this is the new R.C, remembered me Leonardo in his way trought Japan, there he used to play as a classic number 10..

thank you ominho id like to always post, and help you guys!!!

RC01

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 05:45

RC01 wrote:so the new R.C give the pacey away in prove to turn an anchor with his above average mentality and now a defensive mind ?
You could find his defensiveness in 2nd video I posted ---> viewtopic.php?f=672&t=3616&p=287876#p287814, or serch "Анжи" on youtube. ;)

RC01 wrote:nice this is the new R.C, remembered me Leonardo in his way trought Japan, there he used to play as a classic number 10..
Wow, you've ever followed Kashima? You might make J-League mod Helios glad. :P

RC01 wrote:thank you ominho id like to always post, and help you guys!!!
I'll be counting on you. :lol:

ominho

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 06:01

in this new journey he is helped by Jucilei a former corinthians DM/CM that is very strong physically also good in defence and have a nice hability with the ball thats helps him in his new duty too, is very nice how some players can 're-invent' themselves, a explosive full-back turned into a anchorman with traits of a regista, dont you think ?

i followed some brazilians in j-league and other stars like nakamura..i watched some highlights about jorge wagner a lefty CM/WB, who used to play in são paulo fc

RC01

Postby ominho » 2011 Jun 04, 06:25

Jucilei is one of factor really. Also Anzhi got great attackers like d. tardelli or boussoufa & both attacking SBs. so there is no need veteran goes up & down.

Also, it's good news you're following J-league. Helios has created whole J-League and been updating them alone. He'll welcome you.

Last edited by ominho on 2011 Jun 04, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
ominho

Postby RC01 » 2011 Jun 04, 06:34

anzhi is a nice surprise, Helios must be the guy a whole league ?? updating alone ?? if he was a players he deserved red stats :D

so maybe is time to update some of his stats, i suggest more RES and maybe 90 sp and 90 curling ?

RC01

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players