Michael Owen

Moderator: Mod's

Michael Owen

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:31

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Michael OWEN

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 17:16

Mr. Evans wrote:You think he's still that good Jez? I know he hasn't exactly been playing much because of injuries but he's still one of the best strikers in the league with that set (use him well and he's one of the deadliest strikers in Europe)..

Care to elaborate? I can't really do anything about it unless you actually suggest something that can be implemented into the set

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 May 20, 17:37

It was more a case of me asking you if you weren't to careful when bringing his stats down really. I haven't watched him regularly enough to start posting up values and thoughts, as I wouldn't be fully behind them. But like I said before, that set makes him a (very) deadly striker and he didn't give me that impression when I did see him play (and you'd think he would be playing more when he's was fit, looking at the set you made)
So this is not me saying you're set is wrong but I want to know if you're convinced he's this good.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 17:51

Fair enough. If we were to go by this season alone, it'd be impossible to rate him really other than the fact that he is totally crocked :roll: He's played 202 minutes in the league this season so if we're going to make the set more realistic then last season I feel gives us a good idea of his capabilities and he showcased that he can still be deadly when called upon. Obviously fitness is his main concern and if anything I might have been generous with his Stamina and Condition! If you saw him last season then you can't deny that when fit (which is rare) he can still be a quality marksman. He obviously needs an update of some sort so I just wanted to get the ball rolling really.

My idea is too rate his playing capabilities mostly on last season and his fitness and physical limits on this season, It might not be the most concrete way to go but I feel it's the best we've got. Either way, the current set can't stay there. Something I think we can all agree on!

Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 May 20, 18:26

Yeah I guess you're right, that's probably the best way to go. I guess my main problem is the fact that I'd actually prefer Owen over Hernandez, which shouldn't be the case. But yeah, it's very hard to truly rate someone who's never fit.

But I can add this though, I think the Goal-Poacher card should be removed. His style of play doesn't revolve on him constantly trying to beat the offside-trap (anymore).

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 18:48

I wouldn't fault you for saying that to be honest. He's a far better footballer than Hernandez. It's just Chicharito has the advantage of being young, fit and athletically superior to Owen. Not forgetting that he's already achieved cult status amongst the majority of United fans. (I put myself in the minority but that's mainly because people over-hype him and make him out to be better at the things that he's actually poor at which really gets on my nerves. Something which you'll know doubt be aware of already if you follow his thread :roll:) Not that I don't love it when he sticks one in the net of course ;)

I'd probably agree with the removal of *Lines. Hopefully Paddy, Stu and some others swing by at some point to offer their opinions too. I'd quite like to get them done and dusted pretty quickly!

Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 May 20, 19:03

jez wrote:I'd probably agree with the removal of *Lines. Hopefully Paddy, Stu and some others swing by at some point to offer their opinions too. I'd quite like to get them done and dusted pretty quickly!

Just so we don't get things mixed up, I said remove Goal-Poacher. Goal-Poacher and *Lines aren't the same thing. The Goal-Poacher card makes a player play off the last defender, looking to be sent through on goal. And if I remember right, *Lines makes a player at beating the offside-trap but doesn't effect the player's movement.
So *Lines could also be removed if needed but that's not why I suggested ;).

Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 19:32

Hmm, I've always felt that *Lines made the player play off the last man more. I seem to get that effect on my game anyway, or maybe I just look out for it more when I know a player has the special ability. I don't play the next-gen versions so I've never really seen the effect that goal poacher has (I leave the cards to Stu and Paddy :P ) Might have to test him out with and without *Lines ;) I think one of the problems with the whole special ability/card comparison thing is that nobody has really brought up the fact that the ps2 game engine has actually changed over time too. I mean, I play pes2011 for ps2, and there's every possibility that the effects of some of the special abilities has changed since the days of pes6 (the game people tend to think all ps2 users still play which isn't always the case!) I've just finished uni for the year though so I'll have some time to do a few tests. I tried setting up an experiment for ps2 users regarding the weak foot stats a while ago but because they are few and far between it never really took off and, I guess understandably, people make the next-gen testing a priority. Anyway, this discussion is starting to go off completely :P

EDIT: Great last name by the way ;)

Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 May 20, 20:16

Never thought about that. I don't own a PS2 anymore so I'll leave the testing up to you :).
jez wrote:EDIT: Great last name by the way ;)

Thanks.

Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 20:42

My last name is Evans too by the way, if you hadn't worked out why I said that ;)

Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 May 20, 21:03

No I missed that :P (I thought you were a Jonny Evans fan or something).. I guess we're family :lol:.

Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 May 20, 21:19

Well, given that he has the same initials as me it's hard for me not to be! When he made his debut and I saw J.Evans on the back of United shirt my life was that little more complete :lol:

Jez

Postby PIPA23 » 2011 May 28, 22:43

Will he be joining Barca next season?

couse i heard he said, if you can't beat them, join them...

lol

PIPA23

Postby CR7 » 2011 Jun 03, 04:29

Positions: CF, SS, WF

Side: L

Defence: 45
Stamina: 82
Acceleration: 83
Response: 87
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 76
Long Pass Speed: 77
Technique: 83
Teamwork: 79

Just some minor changes I'd make to Jez's set. The WF is optional, really. He's played it in training, but he also played LW against Chelsea in the Charity Shield. Think he played there against Scunthorpe as well.

People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
CR7

Postby Jez » 2011 Jun 16, 17:42

At least he's had better luck at Ascot than he's had on the pitch this year :roll:

Anyway, I've put my set in the first post. I realise there's a few other suggestions kicking about which need discussing which I'm not ignoring, I just wanted to speed things up a bit. They still need refining obviously so a bit more discussion is needed I think

Jez

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2011 Jun 17, 10:11

Well, I agree with most of the stats, however I do have some inputs.

First, Owen doesn't play much not because of his ability/fitness level, its because of his injuries and Hernandez form.

So, Nobody can rate him accurately since he doesn't play much.

I think you've been harsh on him for Jumping & Heading ability, he's great in the air, often when he comes on as a sub ManUTD are already winning so the play the short passing game.

alawadhi3000

Postby Gugu » 2011 Sep 20, 19:28

He's having a barnstorming game so far, after talkSPORT were slagging him off just a few hours earlier :lol:

Gugu

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 28, 15:29

Going through the ladders and the only changes I can personally come up with are as follows:
Attack: 84
Defence: 42
Balance: 77
Stamina: 81
Response: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Jump: 83
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 79
Teamwork: 79
Condition could probably go down an extra point too in order to limit his effectiveness throughout a season.

I'm worried that he's still going to be too effective for peoples liking though and I fear I may be being too kind on him but cannot help being so. If anyone could offer their own input that'd be great!

Jez

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 28, 15:35

Yeah I think he would still be too effective but then again, how often do we get to see him play.. Very annoying.

Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 28, 15:53

When he plays he still looks good. He's still a quality finisher and he still shows good movement. As I say, I think I'm just unable to bring myself to lower him further, despite knowing it needs to be done. I'll have a go at looking at him more critically as at the moment, I'm probably looking to give him as kind a figure as possible for each stat.

Jez

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 06:49

How about this?

Attack: 83
Defence: 42
Balance: 77
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 82