Player Support: 7
Support Range: 0
Position Switch: 7
Offense Style: 14
Pressing: 15
Defensive Style: 16
Compactness: 10
(Credits to the sloth)

Last edited by jurgens on 2013 Oct 22, 22:15, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Global Update
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Formations & Tactics

Postby Ace » 2008 Dec 16, 22:21

IMO we have to switch Yaya Touré with Busquets

Ace

Postby Markulur » 2008 Dec 16, 22:51

Yayá is playing more matches than Busquets.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Ace » 2008 Dec 17, 00:12

Ace

Postby Markulur » 2008 Dec 17, 00:19

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Vranny » 2008 Dec 17, 04:00

Does anyone know if the arrows in the formation effect both runs off the ball and with the ball, rather then just off the ball.

If this is the case I would remove Messi's foward arrow, as well as pushing Henry wider and replacing his diagonal arrow with one pointed directly to the right of field.

Otherwise you can ignore my ramblings :P

Vranny

Postby Giff » 2008 Dec 30, 09:20

Messi is the penalty taker here, why? He doesnt have penalties in special abilty and he doesnt have any hard shot or very good accruacy. Henry or Eto´o should be taking them instead.

Giff

Postby vicecity » 2008 Dec 30, 09:29

I thought Eto 'o was the penalty taker anyway.

He took one in the game against Real despite Messi being on the field aswell.

vicecity

Postby as_10 » 2008 Dec 30, 13:53

vicecity wrote:I thought Eto 'o was the penalty taker anyway.

because it was his turn, now is mess's turn, and the eto'o again
theyre the two official PK taker

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby Giff » 2008 Dec 30, 14:41

as_10 wrote:
vicecity wrote:I thought Eto 'o was the penalty taker anyway.

because it was his turn, now is mess's turn, and the eto'o again
theyre the two official PK taker

Why is Messi PK taker? Either does he have good accruacy, according to his stats her does he not have that, or are good generally at taking them. But he do not have penalties as a SA.

Eto´o should be the PK taker here, even though he don´t take them in reality so is he much better in PES at taking them then Messi.

Giff

Postby as_10 » 2008 Dec 30, 14:55

Giff wrote:Eto´o should be the PK taker here, even though he don´t take them in reality so is he much better in PES at taking them then Messi.

but we dont have to take the stats to do the formation, we have to follow the reality
the both are the PK takers, but Messi has taken more PK(i think) than Eto'o

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby Giff » 2009 Jan 01, 13:46

as_10 wrote:
Giff wrote:Eto´o should be the PK taker here, even though he don´t take them in reality so is he much better in PES at taking them then Messi.

but we dont have to take the stats to do the formation, we have to follow the reality
the both are the PK takers, but Messi has taken more PK(i think) than Eto'o

Yes, I think you are right that Messi take more then Eto´o. So I agree that if you do the formation only based on realtiy should Messi be the PK taker. But I would recomend that you don´t when you play PES and use instead Henry or Eto´o.

Anyway have any ideas what Barcelonas defence tactics are? I mean what kind of marking they use. When I saw a game, I think it was when Barca was playing against Villreal, did the commentator point out that Barca use a man marking on nearly every player all over the field.

Anyway, can someone make list how there defence work when it comes to marking? It would be helpful

Giff

Postby as_10 » 2009 Jan 01, 17:49

dunno about man marking and this, because i think each player covers a piece of pitch, and there he works defensively. The best example is Yaya

about defence line, they play very close to the miedfield, i cant say which tactic, but the play near the DM, trying the offside

as_10

Postby sticky-fingers » 2009 Jan 06, 17:28

IMHO Barça plays higher.

With Konami default game engine, we can't do much more :cry:
But with PES EDITOR, we can do that (quite extreme) :

Only problem : how the Barça can play like the real Barça (70% ball possession, high pressing...) ?

sticky-fingers

Postby Giff » 2009 Jan 07, 12:49

The problem I have when I play with Barca is that if I try to play like they do in real life, which make me have possesion 60%+, do I have sometimes hard to get any real dangerous attacks.

What happens when I pass around with the ball is that Mess, Henry and sometimes Eto´o get stuck in the penalty area. At the same level as the goal area and the penalty spot. They don´t back out like they do on real, so I dont know if the offensive arrows are right.

Messi is not that easy to dribble with either, you can´t make similar solo runs with him like does on real. It´s easier do dribble with Iniesta or Hleb. Sometimes I can dribble quite good with Messi, but as soon he come in some sort of contact with a defender does he fall over. Often when I get passed a defender does he stretch out his leg and Messi falls to the ground, I get a free kick but if he just staid on his feet would I have a better oppertunity.

Anyway I want to ask what kind of strategy that should be used with this formation? Also what the team setting should be.

Giff

Postby sticky-fingers » 2009 Jan 07, 17:16

I'm agree with you (same thing for Messi Thread).

In fact, it will be great to play against the Barça (CPU), high pressing + ball possession + slow game & sudden attack.

sticky-fingers

Postby Giff » 2009 Jan 12, 09:13

The ofensive arrows for Messi have should be changed. If he should have any at all ( they oten run around in all kind of directions). But I would like a arrow for Messi that points straight into the field and maybe one diagnoal into the box.

Also I wonder what strategy should be used? At least they should have CHange Sides, but besides that do I not know. Counter attack, maybe, but what else? Anyone know?

Giff

Postby PMC » 2009 Jan 12, 09:42

sticky-fingers wrote:
Only problem : how the Barça can play like the real Barça (70% ball possession, high pressing...) ?

it works easily if you practise it a bid and are able to play the style generally... to me it works perfectly well

Giff wrote:The problem I have when I play with Barca is that if I try to play like they do in real life, which make me have possesion 60%+, do I have sometimes hard to get any real dangerous attacks.

why? Dani Alves and Abidal move up to penetrate the wings, the CM and AM move around the box and Xavi's the backbone to pass to if things get complicated...
Giff wrote:What happens when I pass around with the ball is that Mess, Henry and sometimes Eto´o get stuck in the penalty area. At the same level as the goal area and the penalty spot. They don´t back out like they do on real, so I dont know if the offensive arrows are right.

I disagree there... you will rarely if ever find all 3 of them inside the box... its usually Henry moving towards the center, Eto'o somewhere waiting for his chance and Messi a bid outside the box offering himself up for a one-two
Giff wrote:Messi is not that easy to dribble with either, you can´t make similar solo runs with him like does on real. It´s easier do dribble with Iniesta or Hleb. Sometimes I can dribble quite good with Messi, but as soon he come in some sort of contact with a defender does he fall over. Often when I get passed a defender does he stretch out his leg and Messi falls to the ground, I get a free kick but if he just staid on his feet would I have a better oppertunity.

its true that its very difficult with Messi but you need to use him wisely and really study his play on the game... it does work but nobody said that it has to be easy to play with him, he's still the most lethal weapon there and I got used to him too and its very enjoyable

Giff wrote:Anyway I want to ask what kind of strategy that should be used with this formation? Also what the team setting should be.

the tactic mentioned above with that A/A, auto-attack, Pressing, Offside-Trap and try to pressure as much as you can, don't try to attack but keep the ball... that style is only recommanded if you really know how to defend and play games that last atleast 15 minutes, you shouldn't rush things playing with Barcelona but enjoy it and be tactically aware of what happens...

oh... and if Puyol doesn't play CB take care because he's the key and at the same time the biggest weakness in your defence

I'm against you
PMC

Postby sticky-fingers » 2009 Jan 12, 10:06

I don't want to play like the real Barça.
I want that the CPU plays like the real Barça.

:D

sticky-fingers

Postby Giff » 2009 Jan 12, 16:07

PMC wrote:
sticky-fingers wrote:

it works easily if you practise it a bid and are able to play the style generally... to me it works perfectly well

Giff wrote:The problem I have when I play with Barca is that if I try to play like they do in real life, which make me have possesion 60%+, do I have sometimes hard to get any real dangerous attacks.

why? Dani Alves and Abidal move up to penetrate the wings, the CM and AM move around the box and Xavi's the backbone to pass to if things get complicated...
Giff wrote:What happens when I pass around with the ball is that Mess, Henry and sometimes Eto´o get stuck in the penalty area. At the same level as the goal area and the penalty spot. They don´t back out like they do on real, so I dont know if the offensive arrows are right.

I disagree there... you will rarely if ever find all 3 of them inside the box... its usually Henry moving towards the center, Eto'o somewhere waiting for his chance and Messi a bid outside the box offering himself up for a one-two
Giff wrote:Messi is not that easy to dribble with either, you can´t make similar solo runs with him like does on real. It´s easier do dribble with Iniesta or Hleb. Sometimes I can dribble quite good with Messi, but as soon he come in some sort of contact with a defender does he fall over. Often when I get passed a defender does he stretch out his leg and Messi falls to the ground, I get a free kick but if he just staid on his feet would I have a better oppertunity.

its true that its very difficult with Messi but you need to use him wisely and really study his play on the game... it does work but nobody said that it has to be easy to play with him, he's still the most lethal weapon there and I got used to him too and its very enjoyable

Giff wrote:Anyway I want to ask what kind of strategy that should be used with this formation? Also what the team setting should be.

the tactic mentioned above with that A/A, auto-attack, Pressing, Offside-Trap and try to pressure as much as you can, don't try to attack but keep the ball... that style is only recommanded if you really know how to defend and play games that last atleast 15 minutes, you shouldn't rush things playing with Barcelona but enjoy it and be tactically aware of what happens...

oh... and if Puyol doesn't play CB take care because he's the key and at the same time the biggest weakness in your defence

I used the formation above in a game that lasted 20 min. It worked acctully, when you dont rush lioke you say is it more easy. Only thing is tht its harder to make 1-touch passes then it is for real life Barca everyone isnt avaible nearly all the time like they are on real.

Giff

Next

Return to FC Barcelona