Topic Approval

Topic Approval

Postby Nrby » 2009 Nov 17, 15:22

From now on each post made in the Leagues, Other Teams/Players and Classics forums (might be more but I will fix that in the future) need approval from the mod of the section (or global mod or admin) to be visible ... so don't get annoyed if topics don't appear instantly as until now ... this is only for the starting of a topic ... posting is normal as usual ... any questions can be asked here

Nrby

by »

Re: Topic Approval

Postby Nrby » 2010 Aug 11, 11:01

editing is out of the question ... only self posted players can be edited ... and due to our current problems posting new players is also impossible at the moment

Nrby

Postby lucardax5d » 2010 Oct 02, 11:45

Hello, I have sent 9 new players for more than 1 week and still not approved. Of Huracán, of Argentina league, here is the link of the section:

viewforum.php?f=449

I would appreciate if they could pass, players are Franco Chiviló, Leonardo Villán, Muriel Orlando, Julián Bottaro, Lucas Calviño, Mariano Torres, Darío Soplán, Emiliano Lencina and Luciano Nieto.

Thank you :)

Se sabe que el Sexto Grande está en La Quema,
se sabe que el Sexto Grande es
Huracán
lucardax5d

Postby Paddy » 2010 Oct 02, 11:51

When you learn more about stats and try to check out the stats explained and analysed section.

Paddy

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Feb 22, 16:03

I have had a couple of stats rejected, even when they were deeply analysed according to their respective league ladder. I've even suggested the mods to feel free to make the changes they want, but always keeping in mind I've created the stats... But there's no answer.

TBH, it's really annoying.

KeyserSoze

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 22, 16:12

for which leagues are your sets?

s-cobar

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Feb 22, 16:43

I know remember one of them, since it was a long time ago...
But the other one was from Serie A.

KeyserSoze

Postby Persee » 2011 Feb 24, 18:40

I posted Igor Castro in the Other players AFC Central South East Asia section 1 week ago, still didn't get an approval :roll: It is pretty annoying I have to say

Persee

Postby jurgens » 2011 Feb 24, 21:50

It's annoying, but its needed. Otherwise the forum would be flooded with inaccurate sets. How it is currently handled is very bad though. the mods from certain sections don't even check the new topics. there should be a thread where people post the sets for new players that havn't been created. That why even if the mods are inactive, the users can see the post and say in that thread whether its worth posting or not. Then a super mod can just post it whatever league and give credits to who made it. The way it is now... topics are just left unapproved for months.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Persee » 2011 Feb 25, 10:36

jurgens wrote:It's annoying, but its needed. Otherwise the forum would be flooded with inaccurate sets. How it is currently handled is very bad though. the mods from certain sections don't even check the new topics. there should be a thread where people post the sets for new players that havn't been created. That why even if the mods are inactive, the users can see the post and say in that thread whether its worth posting or not. Then a super mod can just post it whatever league and give credits to who made it. The way it is now... topics are just left unapproved for months.

Yes I definitely agree

Persee

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 25, 11:00

Paddy and I keep an eye on it much as possible. Stats where we`re convince by - will approve but there are a lot sets with players who we can´t rate and for me it`s just that I don`t approve a set where I don´t know that the stats fit.

s-cobar

Postby tuco55 » 2011 Mar 23, 14:44

How long should we wait for stats to be approved ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ?

At what point should we presume nothing is going to happen and, depending on whether we are optimists or pessimists, re-post the stats or give up completely ?

tuco55

Postby BigStu » 2011 Mar 23, 16:31

depends on the mod in charge ;)

BigStu

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Mar 30, 11:40

Ok, but there should still be a standart policy about the modus operandi for mods in general.

KeyserSoze

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 30, 11:43

MaxPower wrote:Ok, but there should still be a standart policy about the modus operandi for mods in general.

What do you mean? As long as the sent player fits some standards and has a minimum resemblance with the real player It's good to me. It can get worked on, players are rarely ever perfect.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby KeyserSoze » 2011 Mar 30, 11:53

Fixer wrote:What do you mean? As long as the sent player fits some standards and has a minimum resemblance with the real player It's good to me. It can get worked on, players are rarely ever perfect.

I know mate, but that's not in discussion...
The thing is that there should some kind of report for most (if not all) rejected stats, explaining the reasons for the rejection.
Nobody can improve their quality as statsmakers if they don't know where they are failing, do you know what I mean?

KeyserSoze

Postby Fixer » 2011 Mar 30, 11:56

Well that's true too, and now that we're not getting so many players sent in La Liga It wouldn't be much effort.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby Helios » 2011 Mar 31, 22:40

tuco55 wrote:How long should we wait for stats to be approved ? 1 week ? 2 weeks ?

At what point should we presume nothing is going to happen and, depending on whether we are optimists or pessimists, re-post the stats or give up completely ?

If your stats aren't approved within 2/3 days, just pm the moderator in question and inquire.

Helios

Postby tuco55 » 2011 Apr 01, 02:18

Thank you Helios. I didn't want to look pushy. First sensible answer. Although it is April Fool's day. :)

tuco55

Postby Santastico » 2012 Sep 20, 23:43

I have a doubt. If you want to own stats, I do what I want or have any restrictions?
PS: Should I use only the "Alternative stats section", or some other? :|
Thanks to those who reply ...

"I may be a new Di Stéfano, but I can not be a new Pele He is the one who goes beyond the limits of logic ..." - Johann Cruyff
Santastico

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Sep 21, 15:22

If you want to suggest some changes to an existing set, feel free to do so.
If you want to remake that already existing set like you feel it would be right without anybody arguing create a thread in the Alternative stats section.
If you want to create a completely new set for a so far uncreated player just post it by creating a new topic in the respective team-thread (Continent -> Country -> League -> Club -> New Topic -> ... -> Profit ;) ), you'll receive a message that a mod will have to approve your set. Then you wait a few days until he does so. If you get no response pm the mod about your set. If he doesn't respond pm an active mod. ;)

Malakayi

PreviousNext

Return to News & Information