Gianluigi Buffon

Moderators: čale, Epsi, crisfar, zuo, Mod's

Gianluigi Buffon

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 13:01

Last edited by Epsi on 2014 Mar 03, 11:41, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Gianluigi BUFFON

Postby jurgens » 2011 Feb 03, 08:38

can't wait to see it

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Alex_10 » 2011 Feb 06, 10:20

:? :?

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby jurgens » 2011 Feb 07, 09:05

s-cobar wrote:anyone disagree if I post my set of him after the saturday evening match?

Well, can we see it? :D

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 07, 09:37

some last things to test - to find the right balance between Buffon in a good form and now afte rhis injury. but mostly done.

s-cobar

Postby Alex_10 » 2011 Feb 07, 11:50

against Cagliari was a pain to watch.. OMG!

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 07, 12:03

I was more shocked of the catastrophic performance by Agazzi

s-cobar

Postby Alex_10 » 2011 Feb 07, 13:04

hahaha, poor keeper really

Alex_10

Postby azdod » 2011 Feb 07, 19:44

heeey ! buffon is back from 5 month of injury ! so we can't judge them by 2 match wait and see he is not at 100% now

azdod

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 08, 13:23

he wasn`t on that set what the first post say since 2008 no more - the whole last season he had some problems. he´s still a great class GK, but he isn`t on htat levele anymore. just must take a view to that performance you`re expectet from a buffon and to that performance you can get from a buffon since one and a half year. so when I post my set it`s just my view about the last one and a half years

s-cobar

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 15, 14:02

Just as an information - the set is almost done -
I work on the explantion - and I hate it -
it would be so simple if I could do it in german. :?

s-cobar

Postby Alex_10 » 2011 Feb 15, 14:18

s-cobar wrote:I work on the explantion - and I hate it -
it would be so simple if I could do it in german. :?

:lol: I feel the same every time.. :lol:

Alex_10

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 16, 11:33

Club: Juventus FC
Name: Gianluigi BUFFON
Number: 1
Positions: ★ GK
Nationality: Italian

Height: 191 Cm
Weight: 83 Kg

Injury Tolerance: C
Foot: R
Side: B

Attack: 30
Defence: 92
Balance: 87
Stamina: 69
Top Speed: 71
Acceleration: 72
Response: 92
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 54
Dribble Speed: 58
Short Pass Accuracy: 56
Short Pass Speed: 65
Long Pass Accuracy: 63
Long Pass Speed: 68
Shot Accuracy: 44
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 44
Free Kick Accuracy: 48
Curling: 48
Header: 44
Jump: 84
Technique: 57
Aggression: 62
Mentality: 80
Keeper Skills: 93
Teamwork: 84

Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ 1-on-1 Stopper

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS:

Explantions

Defense
For me, defense was the most difficult point. I generally find it difficult to always be broken down individually, the values in explanations, because with goalkeepers is it all more mixed. but I try nevertheless. Buffon was certainly one of the goalie, who had the most outstanding positional play. Those days are sadly over. what on a really, for his relationships, is a weak last season, on a miserable injury-and certainly a lack of match practice. I have long wavered between 92 and 93. have a lot tested. value in connection with others. I decided after all, for 93. The question for me was whether I could evaluate it higher than casillas. but with a view of the whole that in my eyes is ok.
Buffon had to go through his injury in sales to take that suffers his agility among them, including his jump certainly. but so slow to with more matches, he gets another eye for the situation, a flair for running the right one. as in the two situations vs. Germany. the first he has speculated that Mueller is playing the ball back. is not completely gone in the short angle. has some of stood in the middle. therefore he was on the committee of klose - but he had no chance to save him. The other situation was the 1 on 1 against klose. when he knew that the klose prfer to take his outside than take the weak foot. He shut him the angle. remained calm and was able save this, just by the willingness to risk in that situation. already against Calliari he was run out again in safe. intercept crosses. organization in its own. he still has trouble catching balls, is still missing a little security. but you can see the ha hesn´t lost this feeling for himself and the position. - all the more games he makes. he knows that his body is no longer the old and he is more than ever must rely on his intuition.

TS / Acc.
I have only slightly reduced its Acc. a little closer to the standards but also because he simply no longer has that takes up as before his injury. I will not take as an excuse. but you can see easily that a herniated disc leaving traces on the body. perhaps as a bit of the doctors speak of me.

Response
In my eyes Buffon never been a goalkeeper, who has lived so so much of his reflexes, it is now behaving in line or in its entirety He was always a very thoughtful, deliberate conservative goalkeeper who has just aired this incredible security. not as spectacular but still outstanding. there were probably just a few goalkeepers who have a more impressive positional play and the ability to catch balls in difficult situations. but I noticed that he is still fast. quickly decide what to do, what is the right decision. maybe he is not outstanding concerns on the level of a casillas or Neuer or JC about reflexes, but I can not take him too much of his response, because otherwise he just takes too long to decide how he wants to deal with the particular situations

Agilty
All in all, the 83 not bad for him, considering it the agility actually be higher for its size, would have - to the former class of Buffon reckoned he was undervalued in this area completely. a 83 for a goalkeeper of his class, his size is his art is to defend his goal more than ridiculous. But consider, for example, to his present, his injury, his conduct and his fitness, it is close to it as I see him on.. My first thought was 81 or 82 but I let the first 83, because I always in all, the lack of match practice in the last half year, must draw

Jump
Jump ar a delicate issue, because I always had to compare it with his agility and all would be especially when I look at the Buffon of the last 1.5 years he was with too high a dramatically overall move. I have a lot tested how he behaves in different situations. the most attention here was on shots from the middle distance, are well placed, how much jump is right, in its size, its defensive - his agility.

Aggression / Mentality
Buffon goalkeeper was always a conservative. someone who came out of his gate when necessary. tend to reduce angle. but not like a van der sar, a kind of sweeper-keeper. yet he would with an aggression value below 60 do not even left his goal at corners. we must remember that buffon already on crosses he goes 7 meters out of the goal when he is sure that he catches. therefore the aggression had to point range in a low sixties. everything else would not represent him. the mentality I've taken down a piece, just out of the ground, because I noticed that he seems reluctant to come out with. not so resolutely, as it is expected of a goalkeeper. he makes his decision faster but also take a break from running. I´ve the feeling that he must be really safe. it lacks a little run out at the risk.

Teamwork
All the same. I see no reason to change anything. he is the chef. he organized. when he is on the court, makes the defending what he says. it will affect his intuation and leave his organization. the communication right.

Keeper Skills
Buffon has been outstanding in this area. there were none of the goalkeeper even slightly more balls than he caught. by his lack of match practice that has changed. Well and last season was not his best. but I'm assuming that since he already had problems with his back. one must admit that it has Lloris now passed the level when we consider only the catch of balls. He is still a class of its own. but no longer the sole ruler. crosses and corners are no problem. Committees are also still trapped but it is not the number as it was and the odd ball he drops too easy sometimes.

Conclusion
I want to offend any fan Juve. buffon is still a top class goalkeeper. but he is no longer the ne plus ultra between the posts. there are other goalkeeper proving now more presence. Buffon had to pay tribute to his body. He had to realize that his injury will affect him further. He will continue to be Italy's number one. He is an outstanding goalkeeper. but certainly it varies since the last season between his own expectations and the reality. and the reality is that we all have probably already seen the best buffon

s-cobar

Postby jurgens » 2011 Feb 16, 17:57

Good set. Can't say much about the stats as I've rarely seen him these past 2 years. I'd agree with everything, but my knowledge on this matter is very limited. I expected his keeper skills to be around the 94 mark though, every time I saw him he seemd to remian pretty consistent with this.

Curious, what stats would you change to represent his level from a few years back?

jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2011 Feb 17, 13:30

ah my mistake. I though casillias was 93 ks, 2 point gap makes sense :)

jurgens

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 17, 13:44

to be honest I tried to take no view on my casillas set - I wanna create Buffon as a individual. more attention to realistic than to any ladder. but I´m glad that it fits in the ladder also...

s-cobar

Postby xeneize » 2011 Feb 17, 14:23

i am agree with the new set... represent him very well for mi...

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, THERE WILL BE NOT ANOTHER LIKE YOU
xeneize

Postby Ace » 2011 Feb 22, 00:23

Nice work s-cobar (as usual), by now I don't have enough material to rate the actual Buffon, but can I ask you why Condition is 6? I mean, he suffered a lot of (serious) injuries in last years, but apart the injuries he's always on the field. In my opinion he can have a combination INJ C + COND 7, he's capable to play more than 30-40 overall matches every year if he's not injured (obviously in recent years he played less matches because of his physical problem, that's why INJ C is well deserved).

Ace

Postby s-cobar » 2011 Feb 26, 07:46

Ace - you`re absolutely correct - Condition MUST be 7

s-cobar

Postby zuo » 2011 Mar 06, 03:46

handling was a bit questionable a couple of times vs Milan.
also in the goal situation....that's what i call an half-gaffe....there are reasons because he go downgraded..

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby Kruger13 » 2011 Mar 09, 00:05

Agree with the new set, ...But we have to wait a little bit, he is in bad form, but i have no doubt that he is going to improve, so i suggest to wait more games...but i absolutely think that he is no more the keeper he used to be... :(

Last edited by Kruger13 on 2011 Mar 14, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
...U dared to enter my world... Image
Kruger13

PreviousNext

Return to Juventus FC