David Villa, Melbourne City FC

Moderators: Helios, TBD, Mod's

David Villa, Melbourne City FC

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 23:46

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Aug 31, 09:44, edited 6 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: David VILLA

Postby BigStu » 2010 Dec 29, 14:47

SA is overrated, but not ST

BigStu

Postby Fixer » 2010 Dec 29, 14:57

I have been working on my own set for Villa since the World Cup but I never dared to post It. It ain't finished but If anyone wants to see It and help It'd be appreciated. I'd like to see more pov.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby tasmin » 2010 Dec 29, 15:01

jurgens wrote: I'd go with an 88/89 (I think he was at his best SA wise bakc in 2006 or 7) max for his prime. And ST... sure hes good, but this good? I'd again go for a similar value.. 88-90.One think I think he is very under rated in is his tech. I never really noticed it from his valencia days. But for Barca, hes consistenly controlling very high paced aerial/grounded passes with extreme ease. I'd rate him no less than 90 for his tech.

agree with the technique rise . but shot technique should be at least 90 as well as SA.if you watch all the goals he scored for valencia,spain and barca you have to admit that he is a great shooter.no way worse than messi in SA or ST.i would rate them equal at least .did you forget the goal he scored against Chile in the 2010 world cup.that's just one example!

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby BigStu » 2010 Dec 29, 15:03

If its okay with the your mods, it should be posted up, I'd certainly like to see the set

BigStu

Postby jurgens » 2010 Dec 29, 15:16

@The game, yeah I'd like to see it. @ Tasmin, I know he is an excellent shooter, and yes the goal vs chile was an example of his ability to place. But again, its the consistency at which he places them well, and that is low. Messi has been far more consistent than in his placement than villa ever was. And for that reason he doesn't need the 90 SA.. thats for consistently great placers of the ball.. which Villa isn't. I'd keep his ST maybe max 89/90.. but nothing more.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Fixer » 2010 Dec 29, 16:40

Here It Is I could have posted It before but Internet got fk'd up suddenly.

Spoiler: show
David Villa Sánchez 'David Villa'

Club: FC Barcelona
Number: 7
Position: SS**, CF
Nationality: Spanish _esp

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 175
Weight: 69

Attack: 91
Defence: 46
Balance: 77
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 87
Response: 90
Agility: 87
Dribble Accuracy: 86
Dribble Speed: 87
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 76
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 89
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 90
Free Kick Accuracy: 80
Curling: 85
Header: 78
Jump: 80
Technique: 88
Aggression: 90
Mentality: 84
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 83

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 7

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P07 - Mazing Run
P12 - Incisive Run
P15 - Goal Poacher
P16 - Dummy Runner
S01 - Reaction
S03 - 1-on-1 Finisher
S04 - PK Taker
S20 - Scooping

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Reaction
*Scoring
*1-1 Scoring
*Penalties

Eurocup top scorer, World Cup top scorer, the most consistent scorer in La Liga. David Villa is a scorer, a poacher, a deadly striker. But he’s much more than that. He’s one of the best attacking players In the world because of his goals but also because of his deadly pace, his dribbling and his sweet touch, along with a high work rate and good understandment with his partners. That makes of him the perfect player for both the Spanish national team and a club like Barça who are fans of that style of playing and even tough Ibrahimovic could have ended up addapting to Barça style because he has more than enough quality, It’s Villa the perfect striker for them. The best thing of him Is that he’d be just as perfect for Valencia or Madrid’s style. One of the most complete fowards In the world. But he has changed. Most people’d agree with me that they felt like he wouldn’t be Valencia’s Villa at Barça. Not that he got worse but he has changed. Let’s see what’s been going on.

Speed: Villa Is not as fast as he was in Valencia and that’s clear. We saw It in World Cup, where he was fast but he ended up being caught by players like Ponce from Chile
He’s fast no doubt, but the best thing about him Is his speed with the ball wich allows him to fall to the left side easily.

Agility: Not such high value but he’s still pretty agile. He can sneak trough players because of his small size but also his quick movements due to his outstanding agility.

Dribbling: Even tough he is still a good dribbler (very good) and he is very fast with the ball, he is not the tricky Villa he was at Valencia. There he had another playing style and he could do that stuff more often but both his new team and his own changes in his playing.

Passing: He’s one of the best passers of the ball in his position and he doesn’t have to envy anything in this aspect to the likes of Forlán. His long passing Is better than It looks to be and his short passing Is very close to yellows. Very good indeed.

Shooting: Nothing that has changed on him, but he Is not as deadly as to deserve such high numbers in his shooting. He can fail too and even tough he’s a clinical finisher he can also miss some clear chances. This year he has failed more than ever but It’s not the reason I’ve decided to decrease his stats.

FKA: Not a regular taker now. He hasn’t really scored free kick goals in the last times.

Condition/Stamina/Mentality: Decreased stamina a bit and changed mentality one point up. He’s got a great physique but he’s also one hell of a hardworker and he’s always been. One player focused that doesn’t easily fall under pressure and he’s always there. He’s also played pretty much always and he’s been one of the most used players by Guardiola so far. And Guardiola rotates a lot. He usually only misses matches due to cards or small injuries but he’s 99% of the times a starter for Barça and he’s been for Valencia last two seasons. I only remember him coming as a sub a couple of times, and with Emery that’s hard.

Technique: One of the things that has given me more head aches. Villa’s touch Is absolutely outstanding and he’s above average. I’ve thought for a while 87 was low for him but I still think more than 88 Is being too generous with him and too harsh with other players who are one point less or one point more than him.

Removed lines. Does not reflect how easily he falls in offside and with the aggression decrease I'll explain now he needed It more than ever.

--> Defence and aggression have been increased and decreased sightly. Villa Is not any more Barça's offensive reference and he falls a lot more to midfield ot start the end of the offensive playing from the wing. I think this could help along with his position as SS at Barça.

Of course, as I said, this ain’t finished yet as I’m still tweaking him and It’s open to discussion. Hope you find It use-able.

Last edited by Fixer on 2010 Dec 30, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby BigStu » 2010 Dec 29, 16:47

I like that set Im gonna use that, though not sure balance had to be lowered, nor acceleration, and I'd have his ST on 91

BigStu

Postby Gugu » 2010 Dec 29, 16:48

Certainly seems more rational than the 1st post, and I found the explanations informative. Implemented in my game for testing.

Gugu

Postby tasmin » 2010 Dec 29, 17:22

Good set.looks very good to me.though can be tweaked:
1.balance and speed stats looks good to me.
2.not sure about agility decrease by -2 points.
3.SA+SP+ST balance, looks very perfect.
4.technique could increase further.
5.the way he plays now days, does he deserve P13Goal Poacher? i think now days he more often stays at the side and free roaming.so I would go for P15Free Roaming and take out P13 Goal Poacher.Also we have to consider he plays more like SS now days.(mainly for Tactical Reason)!
off-course , I'm talkin about your set,The Game :mrgreen: !

Last edited by tasmin on 2010 Dec 29, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby Fixer » 2010 Dec 29, 17:25

tasmin wrote:Good set.looks very good to me.though can be tweaked:
1.balance and speed stats looks good to me.
2.not sure about agility decrease by -2 points.
3.SA+SP+ST balance looks very perfect.
4.technique could increase further.
5.the way he plays now days does he deserve P13Goal Poacher?i think now days he more often stays at the side and free roaming.so I would go for P15Free Roaming and take out P13 Goal Poacher.Also we have to consider he plays more like SS now days.(mainly for Tactical Reason)!

#1 Look good to you on first post or my set? In the first case balance can be discussed as Stu thought so but I disagree absolutely about not touching speed stats.
#3 Again, first post or mine?
#4 I'm not sure about that, I'd like to hear opinions but It's one point that I haven't got clear yet. But I'll probably fall to the side of not going further. Just an opinion tough.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Paddy » 2010 Dec 29, 18:56

I agree with the removal of lines, he's CONSTANTLY OFFSIDE. But I don't quite understand the drop in aggression, he's constantly making runs forward and must be offside for about 90% of the passes made forward, although when its right he nearly always finishes, I'm not sure if a drop in attack would be intelligent but it would make him play more alike in real life, with a higher aggression and a lower ATT he'll be more likely to be caught offside like in real life. I agree in the drop in speed obviously, and the drop in DA, but I thought that could have been a tad bit more, maybe an 85, he's not as silky with the ball as Pedro or even Masoud (85)

Paddy

Postby JMVP » 2010 Dec 29, 19:42

I agree with most of the changes, i only disagree with raising technique and i would have kept his SA at 90. Technique at 86 is the perfect value for him to be flawless in his trapping, keeping him off the magic touch zone.
Regarding SA yeah he also misses irl but just the other day i was playing with Barça and he failed 3 out of 4 one-on-one chances, and i had him at 92. I mean he missed the goal, but props to the keeper (Casillas) for the way he launched himself onto Villa's feet making his task harder.

I also disagree with Mazing Run and Goal Poacher. First one is more obvious, he already has dribbling and he is not the kind of player to go on dribbling runs, beating 2, 3, or more defenders. Goal Poacher it's harder to explain but i feel he tracks back and participates in build up way too much to be seen solely has a poacher. This reminds me of how i always felt he should have the SS position due to his playstyle, even when he was playing as a CF. During that time the people here claimed he should not have SS as a position "because he played as a CF". Well, yeah, he played as a CF, but it was obvious he had everything that is needed to play as a SS. Just like Larsson or Sheva, great goal scorers but they are not there just to score goals.

And is it just me or does he shoot with a little less power nowadays?

JMVP

Postby bssm » 2010 Dec 29, 19:45

Good set, though i still think he deserves One Touch Play

bssm

Postby Fixer » 2010 Dec 29, 23:00

There's one thing I forgot to ask to you guys and Is what do you think about his position (CF / SS)
His role this year looks defined...

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby Gugu » 2010 Dec 29, 23:33

SS*, CF for me :)

Gugu

Postby amenita » 2010 Dec 29, 23:41

yes, I think they have enough games playing as SS to put it the principal position

amenita

Postby Fixer » 2010 Dec 30, 00:25

I've changed the position preference In my posted set. Sorry If It may cause any inconvenience.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby amenita » 2010 Dec 30, 00:49

TheGame wrote:I've changed the position preference In my posted set. Sorry If It may cause any inconvenience.

when we see your new set?

amenita

Postby ACA » 2010 Dec 30, 01:00

amenita wrote:
TheGame wrote:I've changed the position preference In my posted set. Sorry If It may cause any inconvenience.

You didn't saw it, he already posted above.. click 'spoiler' button...

TheGame wrote:Here It Is I could have posted It before but Internet got fk'd up suddenly.

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P07 - Mazing Run
P12 - Incisive Run
P15 - Goal Poacher
P16 - Dummy Runner
S01 - Reaction
S03 - 1-on-1 Finisher
S04 - PK Taker
S20 - Scooping

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Reaction
*Scoring
*1-1 Scoring
*Penalties

Eurocup top scorer, World Cup top scorer, the most consistent scorer in La Liga. David Villa is a scorer, a poacher, a deadly striker. But he’s much more than that. He’s one of the best attacking players In the world because of his goals but also because of his deadly pace, his dribbling and his sweet touch, along with a high work rate and good understandment with his partners. That makes of him the perfect player for both the Spanish national team and a club like Barça who are fans of that style of playing and even tough Ibrahimovic could have ended up addapting to Barça style because he has more than enough quality, It’s Villa the perfect striker for them. The best thing of him Is that he’d be just as perfect for Valencia or Madrid’s style. One of the most complete fowards In the world. But he has changed. Most people’d agree with me that they felt like he wouldn’t be Valencia’s Villa at Barça. Not that he got worse but he has changed. Let’s see what’s been going on.

Speed: Villa Is not as fast as he was in Valencia and that’s clear. We saw It in World Cup, where he was fast but he ended up being caught by players like Ponce from Chile
He’s fast no doubt, but the best thing about him Is his speed with the ball wich allows him to fall to the left side easily.

Agility: Not such high value but he’s still pretty agile. He can sneak trough players because of his small size but also his quick movements due to his outstanding agility.

Dribbling: Even tough he is still a good dribbler (very good) and he is very fast with the ball, he is not the tricky Villa he was at Valencia. There he had another playing style and he could do that stuff more often but both his new team and his own changes in his playing.

Passing: He’s one of the best passers of the ball in his position and he doesn’t have to envy anything in this aspect to the likes of Forlán. His long passing Is better than It looks to be and his short passing Is very close to yellows. Very good indeed.

Shooting: Nothing that has changed on him, but he Is not as deadly as to deserve such high numbers in his shooting. He can fail too and even tough he’s a clinical finisher he can also miss some clear chances. This year he has failed more than ever but It’s not the reason I’ve decided to decrease his stats.

FKA: Not a regular taker now. He hasn’t really scored free kick goals in the last times.

Condition/Stamina/Mentality: Decreased stamina a bit and changed mentality one point up. He’s got a great physique but he’s also one hell of a hardworker and he’s always been. One player focused that doesn’t easily fall under pressure and he’s always there. He’s also played pretty much always and he’s been one of the most used players by Guardiola so far. And Guardiola rotates a lot. He usually only misses matches due to cards or small injuries but he’s 99% of the times a starter for Barça and he’s been for Valencia last two seasons. I only remember him coming as a sub a couple of times, and with Emery that’s hard.

Technique: One of the things that has given me more head aches. Villa’s touch Is absolutely outstanding and he’s above average. I’ve thought for a while 87 was low for him but I still think more than 88 Is being too generous with him and too harsh with other players who are one point less or one point more than him.

Removed lines. Does not reflect how easily he falls in offside and with the aggression decrease I'll explain now he needed It more than ever.

--> Defence and aggression have been increased and decreased sightly. Villa Is not any more Barça's offensive reference and he falls a lot more to midfield ot start the end of the offensive playing from the wing. I think this could help along with his position as SS at Barça.

Of course, as I said, this ain’t finished yet as I’m still tweaking him and It’s open to discussion. Hope you find It use-able.

ACA

Postby amenita » 2010 Dec 30, 01:39

Eichelruck wrote:
amenita wrote:

You didn't saw it, he already posted above.. click 'spoiler' button...

TheGame wrote:Here It Is I could have posted It before but Internet got fk'd up suddenly.

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P07 - Mazing Run
P12 - Incisive Run
P15 - Goal Poacher
P16 - Dummy Runner
S01 - Reaction
S03 - 1-on-1 Finisher
S04 - PK Taker
S20 - Scooping

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Dribbling
*Reaction
*Scoring
*1-1 Scoring
*Penalties

sorry not he had seen, I think a great job but I think it could get SPA yellow number (80) I always thought he was underrated in that regard and this season is proving even more to adapt to the Barca game is a great assistant, but otherwise it seems perfect

amenita

PreviousNext

Return to East Asia