Deco | 2003-2004 | 2005-2006

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Deco | 2003-2004 | 2005-2006

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 22:51

Nickname: "Magico"

Club: FC Barcelona



Growth type: Standard

INFO:

Classy Portuguese-Brazilian attacking midfielder, Deco is an important player for Portugal at international level and has won over 50 caps and scored 4 goals for his national side. He joined Barcelona following a successful spell with FC Porto where he played a key role towards the club winning the Champions League in the 2002/03 season. Since joining Barcelona he has made an excellent contribution and won the UEFA Best Midfielder award for the second time for his performance during Barca's Champions League winning season. Deco is a gifted playmaker with superb passing skill and impressive technique on the ball. He also has good shooting ability and is a set-piece specialist.

VIDEOS:



ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Luiz_de_Sousa

http://www.simplybarcelonatickets.com/n ... e-deco.htm

http://euro2008.worldcupblog.org/player ... -deco.html

User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9904
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 121 times

by »



 

Re: DECO | 2003-2004

Postby Uzair » 2009 Jul 19, 23:11

Nickname: "Magico"

Club: FC Porto



Growth type: Standard

VIDEOS:



Uzair
 
Posts: 544
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 11:40
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: DECO | 2005-2006

Postby as_10 » 2009 Sep 05, 21:17

I've got a few suggestions after comparing him with Xavi and Iniesta in some areas:

Response: Problably a bit high this one, could go down to 86, a bit over Xavi. I got a bit carried mostly 'cause of his fast mind and ability to deliver passes very fast and accurately.

Dribble Accuracy: By no means that much over Iniesta, never. Even though he had an excellent control of the ball and wore it sticked to his foot sometimes, he was more of a save dribbler, never attempting the diffcult choice and sometimes basing his style in keeping the ball and find a pass. I'd lower it to 89/90.

And I also agree with p1rha's suggestions, specially SPA(I'd say 91, level with Fabregas). Not too sure about some stars stars though. Your suggestion takes into account another effect by 1-touch, a thing that it's being discussed right now a lot of times, and this makes me doubt.

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
User avatar
as_10
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 14:04
Location: Figueres, Catalunya
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Brezza » 2009 Sep 07, 03:00

Added 03-04 Deco+discussion given update based on suggestions

Markulur wrote:A bit strange compared to DECO | 2005-2006... can a player change that too much in one year?


p1rha wrote:The player didn't changed that much, what changed is what u see from him, thus the way u rate him. In Porto he was the magician of the team, none of his team mates had his technical portfolio. In Barça he played with stars like Ronaldinho, he was a more central midfield player with less dribble and more pass.
It doesn't mean i agree with all the stats though.


Uzair wrote:it is possible for a player to change that much in a few years. he had a a new team and an altered role.

btw response should be higher - 84/85


p1rha wrote:What a player that season... fucking briliant.
I think u could add 1-touch pass, as when truly inspired he was always doing heel passes and other crazy passes in midfield. And middle-shooting, not so much as in Porto but he still scored some nice goals from distance at barça, he could be very accurate even from a long distance.
For his pass accuracy i don't think u need this much ... deco passes were (mainly the long ones) often into an open space and not directed to his teamate foot or head or chest or whatever.


" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
User avatar
Brezza
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:57
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Uzair » 2009 Oct 12, 21:08

i've a couple of suggestions for barca deco:

i think attack should come down ever so slightly. he was positioned a lot deeper in barcelona and he himself seemed to tend to favour staying deep than attacking.

technique should come up to 94 like the porto deco. his technique didn't get any worse when joining barca. i actually think he deserves a similar figure for his current set at chelsea but that's a different matter.

Uzair
 
Posts: 544
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 11:40
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby p1rha » 2009 Oct 12, 21:21

Uzair wrote:i've a couple of suggestions for barca deco:

i think attack should come down ever so slightly. he was positioned a lot deeper in barcelona and he himself seemed to tend to favour staying deep than attacking.

technique should come up to 94 like the porto deco. his technique didn't get any worse when joining barca. i actually think he deserves a similar figure for his current set at chelsea but that's a different matter.


eheh... defenetly, his technique was simply amazing. Attack is fine, but agression could come down to something between 70~74 in Barça.

User avatar
p1rha
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: 2009 Feb 11, 02:08
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby JMVP » 2010 Nov 30, 20:30

I think this set needs a big update. Since PES 6 Deco has been one of my favourites midfielders to play with. Which is fair, because apart from some irregularity and excess of flair once in a while, Deco was one of the best players in the world, and one of my favourite players ever. This is the man that clouded an ageing Rui Costa in the NT and Xavi at Barça.
Deco's main strengths were: his playmaking ability, including pass, 1st touch and dribble; his tactical awareness, he who could read the game and understand were his teamates were and were he had to be, or control the tempo of a game. He also had a strong leadership, well represented by Messi's assessment: "Deco doesn't speak much, but when he does everyone listens". This is true as Deco was often found instructing his teammates inside the pitch, such was the recognition of his intelligence by his fellow teamates.
Now, nuf with the talk, here' the numbers. Please keep in mind this is a set made exclusivity for PES 2011, were stats like SPS and balance have different effects than before.


Position: CMF*, AMF

Attack: 80 - high for PSD standarts i know, and i would never put him ahead Fabregas. But then again i don't have Fabregas at 78. Just because someone plays in midfield doesn't mean he can't show a better attacking intelligence than a forward, and Deco was one of those who showed incredible intelligence in both attack and defence.

Defence: 70 - Better than Xavi definitely (although i think he's a tad overrated). Not so sure about him and Pirlo though, i think Deco had the best tackling of the two. Nevertheless he was much above the usual worldclass playmaking CMF, in fact he was often booked with yellows because of some very important fouls he did, stopping counterstrikes right in midfield.

Balance: 78 - weak, and quite a diver when he wanted too. Like i said, the set is for 2011 and with this value he feels very realistic imo. He can be pushed but it's really hard to make him fall without a foul.

Stamina: 89 - many many times he was the man with most km ran in the match. Mostly due to his TW, but since he always did it at a fairly slow pace he hardly got exhaust. A bit like Xavi (although i think Xavi plays at a higher pace) but Deco was younger and fitter, with 90 he's there with current Lamps.

Top Speed: 75
Acceleration: 78 - Off the ball Deco was slow as anyone can be, a bit like Pirlo maybe slower than Xavi, definitely slower than Fabregas. Not because he couldn't run, but rather because this was his style, to wander around more concerned with being aware of what's going on the pitch than with closing down on opponents or doing any kind of runs. A bit like Lampard, always moving but never too fast. Btw, wth is Lampard rated at 78 for TS?

Response: 81 - Probably the biggest disagreement. His defensive positioning was excellent, but he wasn't the first to react and his tackling wasn't always that well timed, hence the yellow cards i was talking about. Since i disagree with the response ratings for most playmakers, let me put it this way: should he get a higher rating than teammates Petit, Maniche or Costinha? I guess every portuguese fan will tell not, those three were quicker to react, even if they weren't so intelegent. To put him side by side with Mascherano, Senna or Gattuso, just to name a few is wrong. It will make Deco a permanent chaser, regardless of his mentality, when his team doesn't have the ball.

Agility: 81 - Could have chosen a higher value, but this one is enough. Deco was quite agile evading tackles but he never had quick feet, nor did he turned very fast. If he was closed down when on the ball he would manage to dribble out of there or go for the foul.

Dribble Accuracy: 91 - Definitely superior to Xavi and better than any CMF i can remember now, from the present or the past. Rui Costa carried the ball with him just as close as Deco did, but Deco had many tricks and the way he covered the ball was more efficient, very much Zidanesque. Not on Iniesta's level as a dribbler in his whole, but Iniesta has speed and agility unlike Deco. Now in terms of "tactical dribble" it was virtually impossible to take the ball away from him and imo not even Pirlo in his prime was has good as he was.

Dribble Speed: 82 - With space he could speed up but he was never super fast. He had very quick bursts when he wanted to dribble, but most times he would just calmly wander around with the ball. And since he was really slow off the ball he must have a good DS to replicate that. I've given him the same as Cesc.

Short Pass Accuracy: 92
Short Pass Speed: 90 - Not much to say, usually his passes were quite slow but since it's for PES 2011 he fully deserves his SPS value. Has for accuracy he was there among today's greatest, like Cesc and Iniesta. From his time he could be compared to R10, Zizou and Rui Costa. Rui Costa and Ronaldinho were better at passes to the center, giving a goal to a striker, while Deco usually tried to open for the wingers but in terms of range they were about the same.

Long Pass Accuracy: 87
Long Pass Speed: 85 - not as good as Xavi or Sneijder, although he was great at long passes too. Never liked him much as a corner kick taker (maybe a swerve issue), but i really liked his low trajectory crosses. In terms of crosses i actually think Simão was better so i'm giving Deco about the same as Cesc, Guti and Arteta.

Shot Accuracy: 78
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 76 - He didn't scored much but he didn't shoot much either, when did he usually did it in good fashion. He only shot with power when he shot from range (hence the middle-shooting) and even in those occasions he didn't really blast them. Pretty much the same as Pirlo, Cesc or Simão, not as powerful as Nani.

Free Kick Accuracy: 82
Curling: 82 - Seriously, how many freekicks did he scored in his whole career ? More so, how many did he scored at Barça? Can't remember any to be honest, and he spent 4 years there. I know he attempted his fair share in the NT, which i never understood why when we had Simão, who could actually bend them over the wall.

Header: 66
Jump: 72
Technique: 93

Aggression: 72 - Too many headers and tap ins scored when playing with two wingers, his TW makes him go to the box too many times. Deco rarely entered the box, and i hope this value is low enough to make him behave like that.

Mentality: 82 - Not a chaser or a fighter like i said, that wasn't what make him so good in defence. To be honest this is a stat i always had some trouble rating, but looking at the other playmakers this seems fair, same as Xavi/Cesc/Lampard, better than Pirlo.

Keeper Skills: 50

Team Work: 90 - Fantastic but not top of the game imo, afterall he was brazilian. Same as Lampard seems fair, he had fantastic vision and understanding with his teammates, excellent work rate too, but he never quite had that telepathic connection with his team.

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6 - I started a ML with Barça using unedited stats, Iniesta had his Condition at 5 and he played 59 games in one season, plus NT games. According to wiki Deco never played more than 47 club games in one season. I remember the press talking about how the accumulation of club and NT games (the flights more than the minutes played) was causing Deco's fatigue, and he did seem tired sometimes although in the important games he usually managed to be in top form.

Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4 - could have used 4/3 as well, or 4/4. But his WFF could never be 5.

S21 - Step On Skills
S20 - Flicking Skills - not sure about this one, i've seen him lifting the ball to escape a sliding tackle but only once.
S18 - Turning Skills - I've seen him doing both the Ronaldo chop and the Cruyff turn
S02 - Passer
S05 - 1-touch Play
S06 - Outside curve - how was this forgotten, really? Lots and lots of perfect passes, both long and short, with the outside of his foot.
S16 - Roulette Skills
P18 - Talisman
Tactical Dribble
Playmaking
Middle Shooting

Last edited by JMVP on 2010 Dec 01, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JMVP
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: 2010 Jan 31, 21:02
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby jurgens » 2010 Nov 30, 21:27

Excellent post and good read :)

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Fixer » 2010 Nov 30, 21:30

jurgens wrote:Excellent post and good read :)


+1 :)

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
User avatar
Fixer
 
Posts: 9662
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Avilés, Spain
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Dec 01, 08:02

JMVP wrote:Agility: 81 - Could have chosen a higher value, but this one is enough. Deco was quite agile evading tackles but he never had quick feet, nor did he turned very fast. If he was closed down when on the ball he would manage to dribble out of there or go for the foul.


Actually classic Deco do deserve a higher value. Just compare him to classic Riquelme. Riquelme was stronger, a better dribbler, a bit faster over distances, slightly better in terms of TEC but he was never much more agile than Deco (this is the disparity, according to your suggestion: 86 > 81). There's no way Riquelme was +5 more agile than Deco.
Actually one of Deco's main weapons has always been his ability to evade his markers, move around players and often manage to stay on his feet after being tackled (even though he's a weak player, which is well reflected on BALANCE 78). This of course, when he didn't resort to his 'famous divings'. :lol:

So to emulate him better, I'd suggest no less than 84 for AGILITY. The rest of your suggestions are impeccable. ;)

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
User avatar
Luisao82
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: 2009 Aug 22, 13:09
Location: Maputo (MOZAMBIQUE)
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby jurgens » 2010 Dec 01, 09:10

Luisao82 wrote:
JMVP wrote:Agility: 81 - Could have chosen a higher value, but this one is enough. Deco was quite agile evading tackles but he never had quick feet, nor did he turned very fast. If he was closed down when on the ball he would manage to dribble out of there or go for the foul.


Actually classic Deco do deserve a higher value. Just compare him to classic Riquelme. Riquelme was stronger, a better dribbler, a bit faster over distances, slightly better in terms of TEC but he was never much more agile than Deco (this is the disparity, according to your suggestion: 86 > 81). There's no way Riquelme was +5 more agile than Deco.
Actually one of Deco's main weapons has always been his ability to evade his markers, move around players and often manage to stay on his feet after being tackled (even though he's a weak player, which is well reflected on BALANCE 78). This of course, when he didn't resort to his 'famous divings'. :lol:

So to emulate him better, I'd suggest no less than 84 for AGILITY. The rest of your suggestions are impeccable. ;)



Have you ever seen the young riquelme? I doubt it. He was a very agile player, he wasn't just technically brilliant at dribbling, his total body control was very elegant.. and his unpredictable direction changes were and are still to an extent a staple in his playing style.

Besides the fact that he was more agile.. Riquleme is 10 cm' taller than deco. You can't compare the two at all.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Dec 01, 11:33

jurgens wrote:He was a very agile player, he wasn't just technically brilliant at dribbling, his total body control was very elegant.. and his unpredictable direction changes were and are still to an extent a staple in his playing style.


Did I said otherwise?


jurgens wrote:Besides the fact that he was more agile.. Riquleme is 10 cm' taller than deco. You can't compare the two at all.


The 'impact' that Riquelme has in relation to Deco isn't necessarily due to a much greater agility. And I actually saw the young Riquelme playing several times (so, you can stop doubting :lol:), but I still think he doesn't deserve such a higher Agility than Deco BY ANY MEANS.

His superior body control and direction change ability is already reflected.
Just compare his combination of BALANCE, DRIBBLING stats and TECHNIQUE with the likes Deco. Even his Agility would still have a higher value than Deco's. I just said that a 5 points gap is very exaggerated.

He's already superior than Deco in all these areas. And I see no reason nor foundations for him to deserve such a big difference in terms of agility. I just can't!

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
User avatar
Luisao82
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: 2009 Aug 22, 13:09
Location: Maputo (MOZAMBIQUE)
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Brezza » 2010 Dec 01, 22:28

Updated with JMVP suggestions + new format. Great Post, nothing much to add but are you sure he did Ronaldo chop frequently enough to warrant the card though?

I'll compromise on agility by leaving it at the originally rated 83 for now.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
User avatar
Brezza
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:57
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Dec 07, 13:30

jurgens wrote:Deco... ugh... you are just retarded. You don't understand stats.. I don't like wasting my time explaing in detail what stats do in PES anymore because this place is just full of retards like you who don't understand anything... people who would compare Decos agility who sits at Length: 174 x 73 to RIQULME OF ALL PEOPLE: 182 X 79


Have you ever seen Deco in his Porto days? I guess you have.

Then tell me Smart Guy, how would you emulate the fact that he often managed to move around defenders and stay on his feet (continuing his dribbling) after being tackled if he only has 78 for Balance and you're clearly agreeing with a 5pts gap between him and Riquelme (86).

How come you don't realize that a combination of AGILITY 81 / BALANCE 78, would not even slightly emulate the kind of player Deco was back then?
And do you really think that he was a good dribbler/resisted to tackles just because he had an excellent close control? What's the use of having excellent close control, if you're a weak player and you don't have sufficiently quick feets to back it up?


Damn, you're such a diptard aren't you? :roll:

Last edited by Luisao82 on 2010 Dec 07, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
User avatar
Luisao82
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: 2009 Aug 22, 13:09
Location: Maputo (MOZAMBIQUE)
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby JMVP » 2010 Dec 07, 14:38

PMs please!!! :x

is that so hard to understand your little quarrels are annoying and we don't care about what you have to say to each other?as you choose

-------------

@Brezza: Do as you choose. I've seen him perform both the ronaldo chop (Porto days) and the quick turn, but not often, not at all.

User avatar
JMVP
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: 2010 Jan 31, 21:02
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby jurgens » 2010 Dec 13, 17:10

Just wanna say the original values posted by JMVP are perfect. This is one of the most accurate sets I've ever used, plays so good. Thank you JMVP :)

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Dec 14, 09:48

Indeed. But he's perfect with Agility 83 as well. ;)

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
User avatar
Luisao82
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: 2009 Aug 22, 13:09
Location: Maputo (MOZAMBIQUE)
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby jurgens » 2011 May 12, 12:33

Defence: 70 - Be.tter than Xavi definitely (although i think he's a tad overrated). Not so sure about him and Pirlo though, i think Deco had the best tackling of the two. Nevertheless he was much above the usual worldclass playmaking CMF, in fact he was often booked with yellows because of some very important fouls he did, stopping counterstrikes right in midfield


Now that xavi's rated at 65, would you say Deco can take less? Or he really desrves that value?

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby JMVP » 2011 May 12, 19:14

jurgens wrote:
Defence: 70 - Be.tter than Xavi definitely (although i think he's a tad overrated). Not so sure about him and Pirlo though, i think Deco had the best tackling of the two. Nevertheless he was much above the usual worldclass playmaking CMF, in fact he was often booked with yellows because of some very important fouls he did, stopping counterstrikes right in midfield


Now that xavi's rated at 65, would you say Deco can take less? Or he really desrves that value?

Did i wrote that? I think so. Xavi has been lowered to 65? Hum, then i guess Deco can be lowered to a similar value, like 67 maybe. And his A/D should be set to balanced.

User avatar
JMVP
 
Posts: 1734
Joined: 2010 Jan 31, 21:02
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: DECO | 2003-2004 & 2005-2006

Postby jurgens » 2011 May 14, 05:14

thanks

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8362
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 859 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Next

Return to Contemporary Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests