Gökhan Ünal

Moderators: general suvorov, Mod's

Gökhan Ünal

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 15, 12:46

Last edited by general suvorov on 2009 Oct 08, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Gokhan Unal

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Jan 16, 18:06

I'm curious about one thing. have you seen this guy outmuscling anyone recently?

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2009 Jan 16, 19:17

I have to agree with general surorov. He has sufficient strength to hold people off for a few seconds but he isn't ott strong.

A-SK

Postby Omer » 2009 Jan 17, 10:04

80 is much better

Omer

What the hell!

Postby A-SK » 2009 Jan 17, 16:38

@Omer
M8, i'm really getting annoyed from the fact that you're updating the first post of every thread without even waiting for other people to agree/disagree :x That's not how it should be done! You don't even care if the 2nd mod of the turkish league has anything to say about any suggestions. Please stop tweaking the first post like it's your OF!! seriously, it's really hard to understand how the first post is changed with little or no explanation. Someone seems to give you a figure and you go ahead and tweak the first post :? Honestly, ease it on the tweaking.

A-SK

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Sep 09, 07:45

I can't say I agree with some of values that are suggested. The main reason beyond it is just like the reason why I disagree with giving 80 defence to Bilica. He's a star of mediocre team but when things gets serious he fails. You said he was lone 4-5-1 system and tactics revolved around him. In fact when he plays for Trabzonspor still tactics revolve around him too as there's no "proper" striker in Trabzonspor squad. That's the main reason why his statistic got "better" than 07-08 season.

Attack: 82 - disagree. I'll compare him with Holosko who got 81 attack. Even Holosko's main position is not a striker I belive his positional sense is better than Gökhan as he's not even capable of making proper runs to create position when his team is on attack. If he wouldn't score 25 goals 2 years ago I'd suggest high 70s for him but his attack should be 81 at most. It's only one point difference but I think it's necessary as Holosko stays at 81 and doesn't deserve 82 imo. Besides Nonda stays at 82 he doesn't score like Gökhan Ünal but even like this his positional sense is far more better than Gökhan.

Balance: 83 - disagree. I think he doesn't deserve more than 81. Taner Gülleri stays at 82 balance and he seems to me stronger than Gökhan. What he does best is to give the impression that he has tough build but in fact he's really weak. Comparing him to Baros or Ernst, he can't be par with them. I've seen him gets outmuscled almost any game and didin't see outmuscling anyone. I don't mean the fake dives or etc he's very little to do with muscle work.

Response: 81 - agree. Actually TS fans are busting their asses to chant songs for Fatih Tekke to return back and save them from Gökhan&Umut. Fatih's response is 80 now but I think his datas are outdated.

Shot Technique: 83 - disagree. The idea of giving him 83 seems to me totally unrealistic. I'd consider agreeing if consistency would be 4 or 3. What I think if we're to downgrade Umut Bulut to minus 75 and give Gökhan 83 that would be unfair. Again I'll compare him with Holosko and Nonda. Holosko stays at 79 and Nonda is 80. Gökhan can't be par with them in terms of shooting tech as he's really incompetent. He misses the ball very often while he's trying to take a shot. He sends the ball from Trabzon to Kayseri (probaly 400-500kms) while trying to fire a shot ( I dont mean missing I mean the shot quality - he lacks the st to take a proper shot. when he takes he generally misses cuz hiz SA is also bad.). For that reasons he should get 78 at most. Cuz probably Fatih Tekke would be rated 83-85. If TS fans shouldn't bust their asses for calling Tekke back. They would be very content with a striker whose attack is 82, response is 81, SA 78, and ST 83. He scored 17 goals but if f.e. Nonda would play for Trabzonspor instead of him he might be the top scorer of TSL. Gökhan is not that good.

So I'm not sure about Top Speed&Acceleration. I think top speed 81 suits him but not sure about the 84 acceleration. I don't think he's that good. 82 or 83 (at most) would be ok maybe. I agree with the rest.

So my suggestions:
Attack: 81
Top Speed: 81
Accleration: 82 - 83
Shot Tech: 78

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2009 Sep 19, 02:36

suvorov, how comes you can rate Gokhan so harshly yet youre convinced Umit Karan warrants the values youve given him? :?

A-SK

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Sep 19, 13:58

I'll post a new set of stats for Umit Karan as he's par with Gökhan Unal in ST. I don't think I'm being harsh on him. It's hard to belive that he's better shooter than Holosko or Nonda imo. Top Scorer of my ass...

general suvorov

Postby A-SK » 2009 Sep 19, 15:32

:lol: I still think his ST should be a yellow figure.

A-SK

Postby general suvorov » 2009 Oct 08, 20:03

updated G.Ünal

general suvorov

Re: Gökhan Ünal

Postby A-SK » 2010 Mar 09, 07:38

Yaratıcı, teknik ayaklara dayanan, narin, kibar tatlı bir oyun şekli. Gökhan Ünal çok iyi bir rotasyon transferidir. Ayrıca tıpkı Güiza gibi savunma arkası koşuları yapmasını bilen, son vuruşu iyi bir santrafordur. Gökhan Ünal'ın Trabzon'da iyi oynayamama sebebi kafa olarak mutsuz olmasıdır. Ne zaman ki Ersun hoca şuursuzca suçu santraforlarına attı. O günden beri hem Ersun hoca yok olduk (tekrar) hem de Gökhan Ünal. Neyse işte Gökhan'da o günden beri yoktur piyasada. Ama kimse iddaa edemez yani savunma arkası koşularını, ayak içini vs.

I think his technical and physical attributes are being underrated. Technically speaking, he does well to keep the ball close to his feet and rarely ever lets the ball stray away from him. He's good in possession of the ball and does well to trap the ball when receiving all sorts of passes. He isn't really great at holding up the ball and isn't one to pull off tricks and etc. He's also not very agile and rarely loses his marker by twisting about in zig zag manner. His finishing isn't great as well. I mean, he score from all sorts of angles, but generally needs a lot of opportunities before he converts. His reading of the game is also rather poor for European standards. He does well to outsmart the average TSL, but our defensive standards are way below average. Just like Isaac Promise, he's a striker well suited to finding gaps in defence during counters. He's relatively strong and can handle playing against the average TSL defender, but isn't considered to be a powerhouse.

EXPLANATION:

Balance: 82
Only slightly stronger than Deivid, Semih and Guiza? I think not. I definitely rate him higher than Tuncay as well. His physical ability to handle playing in our league is actually greatly admired by many people in Turkey. He isn't a pushover, but you wouldn't really describe him as "powerful". He can physically handle playing against the typical butchering TSL defender, but I doubt he's as strong as Torres.

Stamina: 83
Stamina should be raised slightly. He might not be in good form, but he doesn't have any fitness issues. I know for a fact that he's played a few games past 90 minutes with Kayserispor so he isn't really that unfit. He rarely ever gets subbed off due to fatigue so a slight raise is in place.

Response: 80
While he is somewhat of a poacher, he doesn't always make first contact with the ball. As a result, he often makes his own goals as often as he pounces on the opportunities. He's sharp enough for our standards, but isn't wouldn't stand a chance against quality European defenders.

Agility: 78
I remember Gökhan being described as a "boat" because of his physical maneuverability. Like I said, he almost never loses his marker by moving in a zig zag manner because he can't physically do so.

Dribble Accuracy: 79

Dribble Speed: 80
Not really quick, but capable of outrunning someone on the ball. Isn't as quick on the ball as he is off it, but he's still pretty quick on the ball.

Short Pass Accuracy: 73
I doubt his crossing ability is considerably better than his ground passes.

Short Pass Speed: 75
Doesn't struggle to play short passes to anyone.

Shot Technique: 83
Like I said, he's a striker capable of scoring from all sorts of angles, but he needs too many damn chances! :x It's really weird to watch at times.

Header: 77
During his time with Trabzonspor, he had some sort of hair transplant and admitted to being scared of heading the ball for a few months. It really shows when he goes for the ball in the air. Prior to his surgery, he was really solid with his headers. Had good power and placement, but nowadays, he goes for placement over power. I don't know if he's afraid his hair will fall out, but he doesn't get a lot of power behind his headers. I've never rated his heading ability considerably better than his shooting ability since most of his goals are scored with his feet.

Jump: 85
As you can see, he has a phenomenal leap and he wasn't even on good form against Ivory Coast. I definitely rate his jumping ability higher than the likes of Anelka, but I think he has some way to go before he can even compete with Mustafa Pektemek. Seeing as Toure is sitting on the same value as I'm suggesting, then I can feel comfortable knowing I'm not overrating him. His waist is actually level with Toure's shoulder! :shock: He does well to win a lot of aerial battles against defenders even though he isn't the strongest player in our league. Didn't struggle to win a few headers when he was faced in Zapo and Ibrahim in the cup game against Bursaspor.

Technique: 79
I wouldn't say his first touch is as erratic as his finishing. He can get some of the simplest shots wrong as times, but can control passes relatively easily. He does well to trap passes to himself.

Injury Tolerance: B
He's has been injured on a few occasions so he isn't entirely injury resistant.

Form: 6
His performance dips quite often during a season.

CARDS:
P15 – Goal Poacher
S01 – Reaction
S03 – 1-on-1 Finish

These changes don't need to be applied to the first post, but I'm using them on my OF and they seem to resemble Gökhan a lot more. Feel free to comment :)

A-SK

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Mar 14, 15:26

He isn't poacher. He likes play with ball. Never ever he goes to right time and right position. He can't hide against opponent defensive line. Because his mental abilities aren't very good i think. His best abilities are ST, SP, Header and Jumping.
if you ask me;
BB: 83
SP: 86
ST: 82
Header: 82
Jumping: 84
DA: 76
TECH: 78

Cards:

S01 – Reaction
S03 – 1-on-1 Finish

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby A-SK » 2010 Mar 14, 21:21

Are you telling me that his DA is on par with the likes of Djibril Cisse? I don't rate him lower than Sibon so how about we raise his DA to 78? He's better than Cisse in close quarters and he isn't as "bland" as Sibon.
Btw, what does mental abilities have anything to do with positional sense? :? I already explained that posted why he was so mentally "dead".
Trabzon'da iyi oynayamama sebebi kafa olarak mutsuz olmasıdır.

He isn't a poacher? :roll: yeah, right!

A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jun 18, 11:30

I think a comparison between Gokhan and Guiza is fitting. At their peak, they both managed to score near to 30 goals. Guiza is obviously a more proven striker at an international level and has managed to score against European opposition in the past, but so has Gokhan. They've both haven't really been prolific with their national team and both have been critisized for their finishing. Guiza has all but lost his composure in front of goal and is a jokes to watch at times, whereas Gokhan's misses are agonizing but not really frustrating like Guiza's misses. I think Gokhan is one of the most established strikers in the league and while his form has been poor for the past few seasons, his goal ratio has been slightly better compared to Guiza. The main difference between the players is the fact that one is athletically more superior while the other happens to more inteligent in his movements. Gokhan likes to frequently run in behind the last defender and Guiza likes to play off the shoulder of the last defender. On the ball, Guiza is more elegant. Gokhan seems shaky on the ball, but is comfortable when faced with someone. His composure in 1-on-1 situations is a class above Guiza. Looking at the first post, what really seems underrated is his dribbling ability. He really doesn't deserve to be sitting on a non-green value. That would be implying he isn't comfortable on the ball when in reality, he is. He just doesn't have enough skills. His feints are pretty good and he keeps the ball close to his feet. Dribble accuracy could be raised to something like 77.

I think if we took into mind what melo said, we should really look to lower his response. His reading of the game, timing and ability to pounce on loose balls is slightly better than the average defender, but there's no reason why he should sit on anything higher than 80. Sivok doesn't look to be considerbaly sharper than him, but Gokhan is better at making his goals than pouncing on the oppurtunity. Response could possibly be 80, rather than 81.

A-SK

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jun 20, 18:34

these are ali's suggestions:

Balance: 82
Stamina: 83
Response: 80
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Dribble Speed: 80
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 75
Shot Technique: 83
Header: 77
Technique: 79

Injury Tolerance: B
Form: 6

CARDS:
P15 – Goal Poacher
S01 – Reaction
S03 – 1-on-1 Finish

and these are melih's:

BB: 83
SP: 86
ST: 82
Jumping: 84
DA: 76
TECH: 78

Cards:
S01 – Reaction
S03 – 1-on-1 Finish

so I'm asking you guys which one seems to you better ?

general suvorov

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Jun 20, 19:13

:? to be honest, I'm ok with first post.

Kanouté

Postby Omer » 2010 Jun 21, 20:24

first post looks good for now we havent seen that much from gokhan this season..

Omer

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jun 22, 11:37

bjk_melo_151 wrote:His best abilities are ST, SP, Header and Jumping.
if you ask me;

I don't agree with 82. Gokhan jumps really well, but prefers placement over power with his headers. He doesn't really have powerful headers. 81 is sufficient. The current Luca Toni has 80 and that's only because of some shitty headers in his final few months with Bayern.

A-SK

Re: Gökhan ÜNAL

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Jun 27, 09:21

edited IT and Form

general suvorov

Re: Gökhan ÜNAL

Postby A-SK » 2010 Jul 28, 21:42

Played really well as a supporting striker, but couldn't handle playing as a lone striker :? Played that nicely weighted pass to Emre and he was also the same player who played the cut back pass to Stoch. I think he deserves some recognition for his contribution against Young Boys.

A-SK

Next

Return to Karabükspor