Player Index 2011: A General View

Moderator: Mod's

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 01, 11:46

Playstyle Cards

P01 - Classic No.10 (AM) (Offensive)
An old-style static playmaker who makes use of deft touches and passes rather than pace or movement.

P02 – Anchor Man (DM, CM) (Defensive)
A deep sitting defensive midfielder protecting the back line.

P03 – Trickster (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A skilled dribbler who uses the step-over to great effect in wizarding past the opposition.

P04 – Darting Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A pacey player who likes to get forward.

P05 – Mazing Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A great dribbler whose quick turns and dummies are a handful for any defence.

P06 – Pinpoint Pass (SW, CB, SB, DM, WB, CM) (Offensive)
A long ball expert who can play quality passes from deep.

P07 – Early Cross (SB, WB, CM, SM, AM, WF) (Offensive)
A player with great vision who won't miss the chance to hit an early cross.

P08 – Box to Box (DM, CM, SM, AM) (Offensive)
The indefatigable all-action player covering every blade of grass for the full 90.

P09 – Cut Back Pass (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A player who likes to shoot across goal to bring others into play.

P10 – Incisive Run (SB, WB, SM, AM, WF, SS) (Offensive)
A dribbler whose expertise is to cut in from the wide areas looking for goal scoring opportunities.

P11 – Long Ranger (SW, CB, SB, DM, WB, CM, SM, AM, SS) (Offensive)
A player who needs no invitation to shoot and will always try to create space for a shot.

P12 – Enforcer (DM, CM) (Defensive)
A tough combative player whose sole purpose is to keep the opposition attack in check.

P13 – Goal Poacher (SS, CF) (Offensive)
A predatory striker who plays off the shoulders of the last defender.

P14 – Dummy Runner (SS, CF) (Offensive)
A player who attracts the defence to create space for other players to exploit.

P15 – Free Roaming (CM, SM, AM, SS) (Offensive)
A player with a keen eye for goal who surges forward at any given opportunity.

P16 – Extra Attacker (SW, CB) (Offensive)
An offensive-minded center half who orchestrates the attack from the back.

P17 – Chasing Back (SS, CF) (Defensive)
A forward who likes to track back and help out the defence.

P18 – Talisman (CM, SM, AM) (Offensive)
The talisman who can drive the entire team forward.

P19 – Fox in the Box (CF) (Offensive)
A striker who lurks in the opposition 18 yard box just waiting for the ball.

Skill Cards

S01 – Marauding
The player will regularly run in behind the defence and go for goal.

S02 – Passer
The player will create goal scoring opportunities with perfectly timed passes.

S03 – 1-on-1 Finish
Makes 1-on-1’s easier to put away.

S04 – PK Taker
Makes the player a better penalty taker.

S05 – 1-touch play
Improves the player’s first touch when passing and shooting.

S06 – Outside Curve
Improves touch when using the outside of the foot.

S07 – Man Marking
Makes the player stay tight on the opponent when marking.

S08 – Slide Tackle
Improves the player’s ability to slide tackle.

S09 – Covering
Player will provide better cover for any space left by teammates.

S10 – DF Leader
Makes offside traps more effective.

S11 – Penalty Saver
Improves chances of saving penalties.

S12 – 1-on-1 Keeper
Makes it harder for the opposition to score in 1-on-1 situations.

S13 – Long throw
Improves the range on long throws.

S14 – Speed Merchant
Enables Special High Speed Turns.

S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Matthews Feint and the Upper Body Feint.

S16 – Roulette Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Marseille Roulette or the One-footed Roulette.

S17 – Flip Flap Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Flip Flap or Reverse Flip Flap.

S18 - Turning Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Cross Over Turn.

S19 – Scissors Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Step Over Techniques including Step Over Dummy and Reverse Step Over Dummy.

S20 – Flicking Skills
Improves technique and precision when Lifting the Ball or executing the Rainbow Flick.

S21 – Step On Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the L Feint, Drag Back Turn, Drag Back, Backheel Feint or when taking touches with the sole of your foot.

S22 – Side Stepping Skills
Improves technique and precision when executing the Sideway Dribble, Sideway Scissors and Sideway Step Over.

S23 – Super-Sub
Improves player’s abilities when introduced late in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

In P Cards

There is no more the previous SB cards: P01 – Overlapping Run & P02 – Deep Cover. So, now we should subtract two from each card's number of last year, like P03 -> P01 or P21 -> P19.

The only change in this section is the name of the previous P06 – Speed Merchant card. As you know, it's now called P04 – Darting Run.

Also SW position is added to each relevant card as it's back with 2011.

In S Cards

There is some additions and name changes.

2010's S01 – Reaction -> S01 – Marauding

S14 – Speed Merchant is a new card (it has nothing to do with the old P card Speed Merchant) and by checking the players who have it, we can comfortably say that it's a special one which is for special players. In the default database, Konami's given this card to only 16 players (or all I could find: Arshavin, Wright-Phillips, Krasic, Alexis Sanchez, Piatti, Villa, Messi, Ronaldo, Capel, Ribery, Robben, Elia, Donovan (Dotan :mrgreen:), Tamada, M. Moralez and S. Blanco). I think that everyone's got the logic of it now. Also I strongly recommend you to see the effect of this card by yourself giving it to any player who doesn't have it and seeing the difference in his dribbling style. By the way, it's definitely nothing to do with the previous S14 – Quick Turn card as well. You know, Quick Turn is the Cruyff Turn. I've tried many players (not all) and seen that Vela, Drogba, Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo from them can do this trick. They've only a card commonly: S18 - Turning Skills. For example knowing that Rooney had Quick Turn card, didn't have Cross Over Turn card in 2010 and now has S18 in 2011, we can say that in fact, Quick Turn and Cross Over Turn tricks are now combined with one card: S18. Also I eat my post about that in the 2010 cards thread. :D Terry can't do it of course..

S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills is a newly added card.

The old S15 – Marseille Roulette & S16 – One-footed Roulette cards are now combined with the S16 – Roulette Skills card.

2010's S17 – Elastico -> S17 – Flip Flap Skills

2010's S18 – Cross Over Turn -> S18 - Turning Skills (As I mentioned a few ago, it also includes the Quick Turn skill.)

2010's S19 – Quick Scissors Dribble -> S19 – Scissors Skills

2010's S20 – Scooping -> S20 – Flicking Skills (Also see the explanation.)

S21 – Step On Skills is another new card.

S22 – Side Stepping Skills is a new one as well.

2010's S21 – Super-Sub -> S23 – Super-Sub

Feints Guide

Credits and Sources

the 2010 cards thread here (by Nrby), neoseeker.com and me for arranging them. :)

Last edited by Kanouté on 2010 Nov 08, 17:44, edited 4 times in total.
Kanouté

by »

Re: Player Index 2011: A General View

Postby Fiddy » 2010 Nov 01, 18:01

great post man, thanks ;)

Fiddy

Postby Gugu » 2010 Nov 01, 23:43

Now I am not confused :oops: Yay :D
Thanks man :)

Gugu

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 02, 07:26

You're welcome, lads. :)

Kanouté

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Nov 07, 11:45

what a mistake. :)
Overlapping and Darting are same mate. Speed Merchant transferred to special abilities. Deep Cover deleted, but overlapping wasn't.

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 07, 11:52

hm, I've checked the card shape(same - meaning the picture in the game), the explanation(same), the player positions that are appliable for this card and the number p06-2>p04, in comparison with 2010's sm card. so, thought that everything is ok for the translation. I highly doubt if it's the way you think.

Kanouté

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Nov 07, 12:03

Das ist das! wrote:hm, I've checked the card shape(same - meaning the picture in the game), the explanation(same), the player positions that are appliable for this card and the number p06-2>p04, in comparison with 2010's sm card. so, thought that everything is ok for the translation. I highly doubt if it's the way you think.

i like your threat but i saw a mistake and showed for help.

bjk_melo_151

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 07, 12:10

Thanks for the appreciation but I've told you that I've doubts on your suggestion and why. I have some evidences for it whereas you haven't any. So it'd be far better you to tell me the reason why it's a mistake if so, rather than saying only 'hey you made a mistake'.

Also, as a simple example, if it would be the way you think, why on earth would it (overlapping run) be appliable for an AMF or a SS now?

Kanouté

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Nov 07, 12:27

Das ist das! wrote:Thanks for the appreciation but I've told you that I've doubts on your suggestion and why. I have some evidences for it whereas you haven't any. So it'd be far better you to tell me the reason why it's a mistake if so, rather than saying only 'hey you made a mistake'.

mate, Overlapping Run works for side running (for side players). Reaction worked for this function and movement to channels in PES 6. Now Darting Run swapped with Overlapping Run also Overlapping Run upgraded with Darting because Overlapping works with only side backs. Speed Merchant is only running no matter how (like a cat :) ) generally speed merchant works for turns between defense and attack.

Last edited by bjk_melo_151 on 2010 Nov 08, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
bjk_melo_151

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 07, 12:34

You're trying to provoke me to be a cocky guy but I'm never gonna do it.

Kanouté

Postby ad3m4nz » 2010 Nov 07, 14:04

bjk_melo_151 wrote:what a mistake. :)
Overlapping and Darting are same mate. Speed Merchant transferred to special abilities. Deep Cover deleted, but overlapping wasn't.

Mate that doesn't make sense, why would they make overlapping and then forget about deep cover, Darting run is similar to Speed merchant P-card of 2010, deepcover and overlapping runs are controlled by player attack defense tendencies now which we cain include balanced, solely defensive and solely offensive. Its the only thing that makes sense to me, I really doubt im wrong but untill tested further, Im personally sticking with this.

ad3m4nz

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 07, 22:29

I dunno why it didn't catch my attention, anyway, I guess that he doesn't know that this year's speed merchant card is a new card and different than the last years p card speed merchant (which is now darting run in p cards). most probably he hasn't even checked the notes in the first posts. that's all.

so melih, you make stats by yourself and also have a thread on evoweb, if you are giving darting run to players as thinking that it's overlapping run, I strongly suggest you not doing it anymore. OR and DC is OUT.

alright.

Kanouté

Postby Ace » 2010 Nov 08, 00:13

Very useful work Das, I'm starting updating some Serie A players now :)

Ace

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Nov 08, 01:55

Das ist das! wrote:You're trying to provoke me to be a cocky guy but I'm never gonna do it.

what? nice. Hope you like it. I'm not defending myself against you. Because this is very funny. You do not forget this: "Learn is expensive, but ignorance is more expensive too." I'm not challenging with you, if you understood to this (challenge). I can't make anything.

Das ist das! wrote:I dunno why it didn't catch my attention, anyway, I guess that he doesn't know that this year's speed merchant card is a new card and different than the last years p card speed merchant (which is now darting run in p cards). most probably he hasn't even checked the notes in the first posts. that's all.

so melih, you make stats by yourself and also have a thread on evoweb, if you are giving darting run to players as thinking that it's overlapping run, I strongly suggest you not doing it anymore. OR and DC is OUT.

alright.

hmm, nice. It's (comment) reminded to me a person from there... "You must think my idea or you never talk anything." I will finish comment writing to any people threat for now. Nice job. I am reading again for now.

bjk_melo_151

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Nov 08, 08:15

offff what did I do there for god's sake?! you don't know it but still you're insisting on your ignorance. If you would try or could understand my replies, there wouldn't be any problem. I tried to help you with my all patience and kind behaviours. It seems that you never deserve sth like this. ignorance is bliss. Being grossly ignorant is the fucking nirvana. I really dunno why on earth I had got in that ridiculous, nonsense debate. It was nothing but wasting my time.

Ace wrote:Very useful work Das, I'm starting updating some Serie A players now :)

cheers, mate. hope it will go smoothly. :)

Kanouté

Postby general suvorov » 2010 Nov 08, 09:52

another typical melo weirdness. Instead of praising the effort, he focused on his self-rightous points as usual. Das ist Das, I'd not make it big problem, just keep up the good work brother!

general suvorov

Postby Fides » 2010 Nov 08, 10:10

Great thread:)

Fides

Postby Uzair » 2010 Nov 08, 15:48

so wait, just how does the new 'speed merchant' affect the way a player dribbles????

EDIT: and who exactly deserves it. i know i could just test it myself but it's very cold in my room where my ps3 is so.... :oops:

Uzair

Postby JMVP » 2010 Nov 08, 16:29

If I haven't got it wrong, Quick Turn is the Cruyff Turn, right?

Yes, yes and yes. Don't put it has a question, just say it straight because that's what it is and what it always as been.
I think some people still think of quick turn as a faster way of turning, like this new speed merchant card.

what a mistake. :)

:roll: No, they're not. You are wrong, Das is right, simple as that.

JMVP

Postby Uzair » 2010 Nov 08, 16:31

oh wait does 'speed merchant' give a player the ability to do something like the 'piksi turn' ala Dragan Stojkovic because all the players you listed that have it as default do it quite often when dribbling...i think.

Uzair

Next

Return to Attributes analysed and explained