Raúl Meireles

Moderator: Mod's

Raúl Meireles

Postby JTMachado » 2008 Dec 09, 15:05

*Note: Due to playing a different role at his club, Meireles only warrants S09 - Covering / Covering when playing for his NT.

JTMachado

by »

Re: Raúl MEIRELES

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Sep 03, 14:37

Aggression should be raised imo by the looks of his NT performances at least.

Kanouté

Postby justicecorp » 2010 Sep 30, 21:35

I think his mentality should definitely be 90. He is an extremely hard working midfielder, and definitely doesnt get recognised enough for that. If you watch alot of his games too I'd say he was worthy of having playmaking and centre on his list of abilities. Lets get it sorted, give the man his dues.

justicecorp

Postby yourigo » 2010 Sep 30, 23:07

yeah he's in a big club now, even if he plays worse let's give him better stats

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Sep 30, 23:09

justicecorp wrote:I think his mentality should definitely be 90. He is an extremely hard working midfielder, and definitely doesnt get recognised enough for that. If you watch alot of his games too I'd say he was worthy of having playmaking and centre on his list of abilities. Lets get it sorted, give the man his dues.

I really don't agree with any of your suggestions.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby JMVP » 2010 Oct 13, 19:37

Luisao82 wrote:
justicecorp wrote:I think his mentality should definitely be 90. He is an extremely hard working midfielder, and definitely doesnt get recognised enough for that. If you watch alot of his games too I'd say he was worthy of having playmaking and centre on his list of abilities. Lets get it sorted, give the man his dues.

I really don't agree with any of your suggestions.

Me neither, actually I think he's very well rated. I'd only decrease his pass speed, it's a bit too high.

JMVP

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2010 Oct 15, 16:08

Until Roy wakes the fuck up and realises he isn't a SMF then we should lock him IMO as otherwise were only going to get people wanting him being downgraded.

lfc 4 eva

Postby Santa Klaus » 2010 Nov 01, 21:10

He needs to improve his game in Liverpool, to help Liverpool...at this moment, he isn´t doing such a good games...but I rely on him, he needs time to be in a good way.

Santa Klaus

Postby Paddy » 2010 Nov 01, 21:20

He's being played as a SMF.

Paddy

Postby BigStu » 2011 Jan 23, 20:00

Seems to be flourishing under king kenny.................

BigStu

Postby Jez » 2011 Jan 23, 23:27

I wouldn't say it has anything to do with Dalglish to be honest, all good players come good eventually, I just think it's a coincidence althogh there's no denying he had been played out of position a bit by Hodgson.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2011 Jan 25, 19:33

It's no coincidence whatsoever jez. The fact he's no longer stuck on the right with a sore neck from staring at all the long balls might have something to do with his upturn in form. Its a bit premature to say he's flourishing though.

lfc 4 eva

Postby xantam » 2011 Feb 02, 22:20

Skill card marauding anyone? or At least a AGG bump from 73 to 79-82

After Kenny's arrival he's been doing a lot of these deep runs, which has rewarded him with 3 goals in the last 4 matches.

xantam

Postby JMVP » 2011 Feb 03, 12:05

xantam wrote:Skill card marauding anyone? or At least a AGG bump from 73 to 79-82

After Kenny's arrival he's been doing a lot of these deep runs, which has rewarded him with 3 goals in the last 4 matches.

Yes to marauding/reaction, and not just for what he's been doing at Liverpool. In Porto he was more defensive minded, but when playing for the NT he deserved that card, such was the frequency and the quality of his late runs into the box.

JMVP

Postby Gose_Chicharito14 » 2011 Feb 06, 18:05

JMVP wrote:
xantam wrote:Skill card marauding anyone? or At least a AGG bump from 73 to 79-82

Yes to marauding/reaction, and not just for what he's been doing at Liverpool. In Porto he was more defensive minded, but when playing for the NT he deserved that card, such was the frequency and the quality of his late runs into the box.

remove DMF i think he played AMF*,CMF
+ some sugestions:
Attack: 76
Shot Accuracy: 73 -> 74
Shot Technique: 76 -> 79
Aggression: 73 -> 80

Gose_Chicharito14

Postby fishdalf » 2011 Feb 06, 21:07

Gose_Chicharito14 wrote:
JMVP wrote:

remove DMF i think he played AMF*,CMF
+ some sugestions:
Attack: 76
Shot Accuracy: 73 -> 74
Shot Technique: 76 -> 79
Aggression: 73 -> 80

AGREED, his aggression is his biggest omission from these stats.

fishdalf

Postby xantam » 2011 Feb 07, 01:08

And the man scores again against Chelsea !! Yet from another deep midfield run.

Great technique on the strike and determination to get into the box.

Also made a quality run that could've seen him through goal if kuyt could've crossed it better.

Made a nice chip through ball to kuyt . Was composed throughout the game, great movement and energy level.

Suggestions:

DA: 80 - He's got pretty decent accuracy. Keeps it close to his feet but not too close. 1point better than the likes of alex song and jack rodwell.
Res: 85 - He's always on the move to pick up loose balls and go after second balls. Most of his goals this season has been from those loose ball situations and deep runs a la gerrard/lampard'ish. Quick to react when under pressure, reads the game well and usually distributes the ball intelligently. More Brains over brawns.

xantam

Postby tasmin » 2011 Feb 07, 05:59

what do guys think about his shooting , specially SA and ST ? maybe SA 77and ST79-80.about SA could be even higher , looking his goals he placed them in to the right place , really gives no chance to the keeper !

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby xantam » 2011 Feb 07, 08:34

tasmin wrote:what do guys think about his shooting , specially SA and ST ? maybe SA 77and ST79-80.about SA could be even higher , looking his goals he placed them in to the right place , really gives no chance to the keeper !

I suggest:

SA: 75-77 - Meireles isn't really clinical therefor anything above 77 would be a bit too much I think and he would be as effective as kuyt or a striker. What makes him a threat is his shot power and very good technique when striking the ball. A 77 SA keeps the majority of shots on target as he does in real life. But its the shot power and quality of the strikes that gets him the goals.

ST: 83-85 - Raul has no doubt excellent striking technique. We've seen this against wolves where he tries two difficult shots and pulls one wonder goal off. He get's another against stoke(although in the 18yard box), which was a strike of pure conviction. The Chelsea volley with his left should not be taken lightly. He's under pressure and needs to hit it with his weaker foot in a awkward position, yet he gets enough contact on it to make it go past cech and on target. For another example of his striking ability is the left footed thunderbolt against malta or was it cypres? Where portugal somehow ended up drawing 4-4 or something.
All of this isn't pure coincidence. The man can shoot and he has proved that. He surely needs a update here.

SP: 87-88 - Added his decent accuracy and good shot technique. His shot power really is the last puzzle on why he is such a threat whenever he has space to take a shot( either outside of the box or in). As long as his shots are on target and it's a bit left or right of the keeper. His shotpower will help him hit the back of the net. His shotpower is pretty much equal to that of Aquilani's. I don't really see too much difference between them two.

xantam

Postby Luisao82 » 2011 Feb 07, 09:48

[quote="Gose_Chicharito14]remove DMF i think he played AMF*,CMF [/quote]

Nope. He can play there and he's actually a very decent DMF.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby yourigo » 2011 Feb 07, 12:30

he's been deployed as a dmf for the NT under paulo bento...it's not perfect but it's better to have a ball-playing midfielder there than Pepe...it's worked out very well so far

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

PreviousNext

Return to Fenerbahçe SK