Claudio Maldonado

Moderators: Reverend, KeyserSoze, Mod's

Claudio Maldonado

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jun 14, 22:31

Name: Claudio Andrés del Tránsito Maldonado Rivera

EXPLANATION:

Spoiler: show
Attack/Aggression: Never lends a helping hand to our attackers. Likes to stay well out of the opposition half and provide cover. Lugano and Edu seem more keen at going forward than this guy.

Defence: Pretty good actually. Good at closing down the opposition before they have the chance to shoot or cross.

Stamina: Can handle a full 90 minutes, but only because he does fuck all during a game.

Speed/Acceleration: He cant really pounce on his man quick enough if there's a fair degree of gap between 'em. He's quick enough close his man if they're within a close proximity. With that said, quick strikers find it easy to burst him aswell.

Agility: Has a really nice turning circle and uses it to his advantage whenever he gets pressured to lose the ball.

Dribbling/Technique: Is the most comfortable in possession compared to the rest of our DM, but never ever tries anything fancy while in possession of the ball.

Response: Really alert, really responsive to loose balls. One of his better assets. Reacts quickers than most of our central defenders, wingers and some of our defensive midfielders. Definitely one of the best in our squad when it comes sharpness.

Passing: He's our most conservative passer, by a mile. Even Edu and Lugano are more daring than this guy. Hell, he doesn't even cross to anyone, that's how simple he likes it. He likes to gain posession and play a 5-10 meter ground pass to an open teammate playing on his right hand side. He crosses so rarely that I can't even remember the last time he actually even crossed.

Jump: Likes to saty firmly glued to the ground. He poses the least aerial threat in our squads and has no input at clearing crosses made into our box.

Mentality: As I mentioned in the old forum, having this guy in the starting 11 is like starting the match 1 man. He has the least presence out of all his teammates and rarely ever tries to get noticed by anyone. He can go entire match doing practically nothing. He's even less noticeable than Alex

Teamwork: Constantly stay communicated to Edu and Lugano and is very aware of everyone around him. Definitely one of his assets. Always looks around to make the pass to the man he intended to. One of the best at this in our squad.

Weaker Foot Frequency: Not only does he never use his weaker foot, but he won't even play passes to players playing on his left side. He doesn't even use his left foot to play the simplest of passes.

STARS: *Covering is the star he honestly deserves. It's the only thing he knows how to do anyways.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, he sticks to centre of the pitch ALOT so I added the star. Downgraded his FKA, isn't a regular scorer.

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Claudio Andrés del Tránsito MALDONADO Rivera

Postby dsc748 » 2009 Oct 14, 15:30

Will his defense stay at 73 or go up a little?

dsc748

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 14, 19:07

with the Romanian league also in mind, I seriously doubt he should get anything above 74. no way on earth is on par with Ovidiu Petre! positioning isn't a strong side to Maldonado. I'm ok with *Slide and *Cover, but an increase in defence is an insult to soo many players! the turkish league is roughly on par with the romanian league so with that also in mind, i highly doubt maldonado could even compete as one of the better DMs in the Romanian league. if maldonado is given a defensive value in the green region, the Turkish league will need serious revision. he was practically 3rd choice after Selcuk and Deniz, guess why? because he couldn't cut it! Do you lot honestly believe he should be on par with Yaya Toure? God, i can't underline this enough!

A-SK

Postby squallzinn » 2009 Oct 15, 12:38

Romanian League?

squallzinn

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 16, 20:12

I know he's playing in the Brazilian league, but i try and compare our stat ladders to the Dutch and Romanian ladders. At the moment, Willians is sitting on 76 eventhough he get's booked alot and Toro is sitting on 73 which is actually an awesome figure for a league that isn't renowned for great defending. Only a handful of players sit on a value between 73-76 in the Portuguese, Romanian, Greek, Dutch and Russian leagues! Why are the standards soo much higher for the Série A? I'm aware that the wingers/fullbacks aren't defensively brilliant at defending, but that's not enough of a reason to have the defensive players on figures higher than they should be. Honestly, where's the logic in this? *Covering and *Sliding will already make Maldonado good at filling gaps in defence and slide tackling. What else can you expect from a DM?

A-SK

Defence Ladder, DMs

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 19, 07:05

I've taken the liberty of making a ladder just for defensive midfielders. As you can see, the average figure given to a Série A DM seems to be 73 regardless of age, team or experience. Infact, alot of midfielders are given figures that qualify them to be a CB. According to this ladder just about every defensive midfielder in the league is awesome :?
The few defensive midfielders that were given 70 just happen to young or can be opted as central midfielder. Defensive midfielders in Brazil are basically rated as good as the majority of defensive midfielders in Italy. Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? One league is renowned for it's tactical discipline and solid defending whereas the other league is renowned for talent production. What I also noticed was the fact that very few players are given a defensive value in the 60 region. Attacking players are given an attack/defence ratios that make them virtually useless in defence, central midfielders are given figures that make them awesome on both ends of the pitch and defensive midfielders are rated as highly as highly European players eventhough the league isn't played at the same standards. At the moment, the average goal difference per team is pretty low. Flamengo have a terrible goal difference yet their defensive midfielders are being given awesome figures. The only teams that seem to have a good defensive record are Palmeiras, Sao Paulo, Internacional and Gremio. The rest seem to be conceeding as many goals as they're scoring or conceeding more than they're scoring. I want every Brazilian member to look at this and start rating players by comparing the league standards to other league standards. Maldonado can't possibly deserve to be on par with Yaya Toure just because he's doing well in Brazil! This is a league that doesn't give a toss about defending. Brazilian teams rarely play European opposition so I struggle to understand why the standards are soo high :? The league does produce awesome players, but that's no reason to rate the league as highly as the individuals that happen to be gifted. Look at the Brazilian national team. The defensive players have been virtually unchanged for the past few years. Guess why? Because Brazil don't produce reliable defenders. The more gifted defenders just happen to move to Europe and become better defenders! I don't beleive i have to have this discussion when the league is on the verge of being finished!

78: Edmilson

77:

76: Marcos Assunção,
Willians, Lucas Pierre, Emerson, Sandro Gomes, Vanderson

75: Leandro Guerreiro, Jailton, Zé Luís, Uelliton, Sidnei da Silva, Ygor

74: Ralf, Glaydson, Sandro, Jean, Carlos Rafael do Amaral

73: Jonílson, Chico, Rafael Miranda, Rafael Ferreira, Claudio Maldonado, Fabinho, Ramalho, Sandro, Adilson, TÚlio, Ricardo Conceição, Roberto Brum, José Gildeixon, Marcone

72: Renan, Carlos Alberto, Renato Ribeiro, Marcelo Mattos, Fabio Santos, Willian, Germano, Andrade, Acleisson, Willames

71: Leo Gago, Daniel Moradei, Sidney Moraes, Richarlyson, Elton Charles, Nilton

70: Edwin Valencia, Wellington Júnior, Marcelo Oliveira, Paulista

69: Radamés

68: Jônatas Domingos

Série B midfielders

A-SK

Re: Defence Ladder, DMs

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Oct 19, 15:37

A-SK wrote:I've taken the liberty of making a ladder just for defensive midfielders. As you can see, the average figure given to a Série A DM seems to be 73 regardless of age, team or experience. Infact, alot of midfielders are given figures that qualify them to be a CB. According to this ladder just about every defensive midfielder in the league is awesome :?
The few defensive midfielders that were given 70 just happen to young or can be opted as central midfielder. Defensive midfielders in Brazil are basically rated as good as the majority of defensive midfielders in Italy. Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? One league is renowned for it's tactical discipline and solid defending whereas the other league is renowned for talent production. What I also noticed was the fact that very few players are given a defensive value in the 60 region. Attacking players are given an attack/defence ratios that make them virtually useless in defence, central midfielders are given figures that make them awesome on both ends of the pitch and defensive midfielders are rated as highly as highly European players eventhough the league isn't played at the same standards. At the moment, the average goal difference per team is pretty low. Flamengo have a terrible goal difference yet their defensive midfielders are being given awesome figures. The only teams that seem to have a good defensive record are Palmeiras, Sao Paulo, Internacional and Gremio. The rest seem to be conceeding as many goals as they're scoring or conceeding more than they're scoring. I want every Brazilian member to look at this and start rating players by comparing the league standards to other league standards. Maldonado can't possibly deserve to be on par with Yaya Toure just because he's doing well in Brazil! This is a league that doesn't give a toss about defending. Brazilian teams rarely play European opposition so I struggle to understand why the standards are soo high :? The league does produce awesome players, but that's no reason to rate the league as highly as the individuals that happen to be gifted. Look at the Brazilian national team. The defensive players have been virtually unchanged for the past few years. Guess why? Because Brazil don't produce reliable defenders. The more gifted defenders just happen to move to Europe and become better defenders! I don't beleive i have to have this discussion when the league is on the verge of being finished!

77:

76: Marcos Assunção,
Willians, Lucas Pierre, Emerson, Sandro Gomes, Vanderson

75: Leandro Guerreiro, Jailton, Zé Luís, Uelliton, Sidnei da Silva, Ygor

74: Ralf, Glaydson, Sandro, Jean, Carlos Rafael do Amaral

73: Jonílson, Chico, Rafael Miranda, Rafael Ferreira, Claudio Maldonado, Fabinho, Ramalho, Sandro, Adilson, TÚlio, Ricardo Conceição, Roberto Brum, José Gildeixon, Marcone

72: Renan, Carlos Alberto, Renato Ribeiro, Marcelo Mattos, Fabio Santos, Willian, Germano, Andrade, Acleisson, Willames

71: Leo Gago, Daniel Moradei, Sidney Moraes, Richarlyson, Elton Charles, Nilton

70: Edwin Valencia, Wellington Júnior, Marcelo Oliveira, Paulista

69: Radamés

68: Jônatas Domingos

Série B midfielders

really great, analizing this ladder and comparing with some other like EPL or LFP, i would suggest to every player with less than 75, to reduce his defence by 2 points.
Vanderson, Zé Luis, Uelliton, Sidnei da Silva could be in 73.
Ygor in 72.
Leandro Guerreiro, Jailton, Sandro in 74.
Willians imo is the most overrated, anyone who see him, will see that his positioning isn't great, he only steal balls, but cause he is fast and has a great response, he dont have great positioning like Pierre or Emerson
Marcos Assunção too, imo he isn't that great, imo he is more in 74.

well that's my opinion, if everybody agree with my opinion, i'll update my players with this new ladder ;)

so Summaring:
77:
76: Pierre
75: Emerson
74: Marcos Assunção, Leandro Guerreiro, Sandro
73: Zé Luís, Glaydson, Claudio Maldonado, Jailton, Sandro Goiano
72: Ralf, Jean, Sidnei da Silva, Vanderson, Uelliton, Ygor
71: Jonílson, Chico, Rafael Miranda, Rafael Ferreira, Fabinho, Ramalho, Adilson, Túlio, Ricardo Conceição, Richarlyson, Roberto Brum, Willians, José Gildeixon, Marcone, Carlos Rafael do Amaral
70: Renan, Carlos Alberto, Wellington Júnior, Renato Ribeiro, Marcelo Mattos, Fabio Santos, Willian, Germano, Andrade, Acleisson, Willames
69: Leo Gago, Moradei, Sidney Moraes, Elton Charles, Nilton
68: Edwin Valencia, Marcelo Oliveira, Paulista
67: Radamés
66: Jônatas

so imo if he update with this ladder, we'll represent brazilian league better than is now ;)

Last edited by tamaguchi_japa on 2009 Oct 19, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
tamaguchi_japa

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 19, 17:17

@japa
it's clear the some people are struggling to understand how to rate defensive players. it's pretty simple. if a defensive player is rather good at pressuring the opposition into losing possession, but isn't very gifted at positioning or tackling, give him 73. if he happens to be awesome at tackling, positioning and pressuring the opposition, give him 75. if there happens to be a midfielder with all the characteristics of an unorthodox central defender, feel free to give him 77. keep in mind, Edmilson has vast experience in Europe and has shown he can defend as well as a central defender when needed. I don't think it would be fair on Edmilson to on par with a fellow Brazilian that hasn't had the training he's had. oh and before i forget, if there happens to a truely wreckless defensive midfielder with a poor positional sense and tackling ability, give him 70. I try not give a defensive midfielder 68, but if he shows he's not cut out to first choise DM, please feel free to give it to him. If he happens to be primarily central midifielder and has a box to box style, feel free to give him 68 or a lower value. i hope that was helpful and don't forget, don't rate his tackling ability just on his defence. response also influences how clean the tackles will be. if someone happens to be a good tackler, but is rather hit and miss, try and give him a response value of 76-77. the tempo of the Brazilian Série A isn't played at the same level as the rest of Europe. only the best should be given a value of 83 or more. anouther thing to keep in mind has to be to keep his best assets on mid 80 region. i'm currently working on an update for Alex that should standarize his stats with Brazilian players aswell so there's no need to say "but Alex is....." :roll:

A-SK

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Oct 19, 18:56

thanks ali, i`ll try to remember that when i made a set or an update.

but wharever, do u agree with my suggestions? i leave edmilson in 78, cause he is capable to play as CB, and really well. the only who is close to him is pierre and emerson (another great DMF with experience in europe, but he dont play well as CB), even pierre could be in 75 too. about the others, willians is really great to steal balls, but he only made it cause he is too fast, i think he is fastest dmf in world. Leandro Guerreiro is great, but could be in 73, same as sandro goiano and sandro. Jailton often plays as CB in flamengo, when they`re with only 3 CBs (Angelim, Douglas and Welliton) but the last 2 are really crap, so the coach prefer to put jailton as CB than Douglas and Welliton together.
Zé Luis and Glaydson are like maldonado, capable to make great movements or tackles, but they made poor movements or tackles too :lol:
the others like Jonilson, Rafael Miranda, Fabinho, Túlio, Brum are only average. and players like Jonatas or Radames, are more attacking players than defensive, like jonatas is a DMF like Gerson was, not with same technique, but plays like him, he plays as a DMF only to make long pass or this things ;)

tamaguchi_japa

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 19, 21:09

According to transfermarket, Willians has managed to get himself booked 11 times in 24 appearances. Based on your description, he's able to intercept the ball because of his ability to track back and make those interceptions. With that in mind, I would keep his response on a green value. His timing clearly is an area that needs improvement. Something like 79 would be good. His speed, acceleration and agility are pretty awesome so he's easily gonna be able to keep up with anyone. At the moment, he's been given 76 which means he's on par with the likes Essien, Flamini and Toulalan :shock: The players I just mentioned are some of the best defensive midfielders in the world! Willians clearly relies on his physical attributes to defend. Having him on par with the likes of Yaya Toure and Vieira doesn't make much sense when you take into account his disciplinary record. He's averaging a booking every 2 games which is rather poor. Motta's been given 74 because he has a good positional sense, but a rather poor tackling. I doubt he deserves to be on par with someone like Kabore, but having him on par with Jailton doesn't make much sense. Jailton averages less booking and can be opted as central defender. He maybe a shitty central defender, but atleast the manager can trust him enough to play him as CB. Jailton is slower and far less agile so I reckon it's a good compromise. Jailton will play more like a libero/cenral defender whereas Willian have the athleticism to make up for any mistakes the central defenders might make. Jonatas strikes me as a libero sort of player. He isn't played in a defensive position for his defending, but more so for his ball distribution. I'd have his aggression value lower than defensive value, but I don't know Gerson very well. I'd have his aggression low so that the gap between him and the central defenders isn't too far. There's soo many factors you need to take into account. I really wouldn't give "average" defensive midfielders a very high defence value. I wouldn't give them anything higher than 70 to be honest.

EDIT: god, my typing is poor :lol:

Last edited by A-SK on 2009 Oct 19, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
A-SK

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Oct 19, 22:06

well i've update the ladders, seems better now?

tamaguchi_japa

Postby A-SK » 2009 Oct 19, 22:18

looks brilliant. I'm glad we managed to come to an agreement. My intention was just to get the database balanced. I had no intention of insulting the Brazilian league. Hell, that where fenerbahce buy most of the players from :lol:

A-SK

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Oct 20, 00:51

A-SK wrote:looks brilliant. I'm glad we managed to come to an agreement. My intention was just to get the database balanced. I had no intention of insulting the Brazilian league. Hell, that where fenerbahce buy most of the players from :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , thanks a lot m8, im glad too, i was unconfortable with the previous ladder ;)

tamaguchi_japa

Postby renatomm » 2009 Nov 06, 17:14

imo he's' underrated, some suggestions:

Stamina: 84 (doesn't get tired so easily)
Response: 83 (great at intercepting)
SPA: 78 (better than Pierre who imo is overrated)
Mentality: 80 (he fights more than that)

renatomm

Postby squallzinn » 2009 Nov 06, 18:38

renatomm wrote:imo he's' underrated, some suggestions:

Agree with all, except SPA 76 would be enough. SPS could be decreased a little. Pierre deserves 74 on SPA at most.

squallzinn

Postby bff » 2009 Nov 12, 14:59

squallzinn wrote:
renatomm wrote:imo he's' underrated, some suggestions:

Agree with all, except SPA 76 would be enough. SPS could be decreased a little. Pierre deserves 74 on SPA at most.

i totally agree with it

bff

Postby squallzinn » 2009 Nov 13, 17:11

S08 – Slide Tackle
P04 – Anchor Man

squallzinn

Postby A-SK » 2010 Sep 26, 02:59

I think his stamina could possibly be raised. It's apparently one of his better assets, but he does very little to show such stamina. I think it wouldn't be unfair to say that his stamina could be raised to something like 83, no? his dribble accuracy could also be raised to a greener value :D his close control of the ball was pretty good. very rarely gave the ball away, but very rarely tried anything amazing with the ball. something along the lines of 75/76 would be fine. his tenacity should be raised to something like 79. he isn't a hard worker, he just sticks to breaking down attacks and leaving the dirty, tricky work to his teammates.

anyone wanna have a say?

A-SK

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2010 Sep 26, 03:05

updated with renato suggestions.

tamaguchi_japa

Postby A-SK » 2010 Sep 26, 03:20

i don't think the tempo of the brazilian league is quick enough to warrant such a high response. 83 makes him a good ball interceptor on a global level, which is wrong by what i saw from him in the cl games. i don't think he deserves a yellow mentality. all he ever does is play like a third central defender, but with a hint of technical elegance :P i don't think his response should be higher than 82.

A-SK

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2010 Sep 26, 03:28

well i just update with what was previous agreeded, so now we could discuss about it, about men, imo he deserve 80. about res, im not sure about 83, maybe 81-82

tamaguchi_japa

PreviousNext

Return to Colo-Colo