Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Videos:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Jez » 2010 Jul 03, 02:05

He's not clearly quicker than Evra at all. And we don't base stats on what people have said or written about someone, we base them on what we see, and as such, these speed stats are fine. He's quick, and these stats make him so.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2010 Jul 20, 09:19

I think his balance can go up a little, he's stronger and doesn't go to ground as easily as Ronaldo.

TheTrueSeto

Postby EFLno1 » 2010 Jul 20, 10:45

His BB has already increased to more,does not make sense to increase again,we raise his BB and he has not played an official match, and now it increase again, really does not make sense, in my opinion ACC can go to 1 above, and everything else is great.

EFLno1

Postby Gose_manchester » 2010 Jul 22, 13:32

EFLno1 wrote:His BB has already increased to more,does not make sense to increase again,we raise his BB and he has not played an official match, and now it increase again, really does not make sense, in my opinion ACC can go to 1 above, and everything else is great.

I agree and aboud the card i think
P06 - Speed Merchant
P10 - Box to Box
P12 - Incisive Run
P17 - Free Roaming
S01 - Reaction
S14 - Quick Turn
S19 - Quick Scissors Dribble
S20 - Scooping

Gose_manchester

Postby naruhodo » 2010 Aug 14, 00:48

Hey guys, just a suggestion.

By his own peers' account, he is the quickest player on the team. But I find his ACC and TS a little lower than it should be. Even Konomi got his TS at 92.

Antonio is also quick on the ball and on I say as fast as Ashley Young, if not, more, off the mark.

BB should be 85. He is strong and able to fight off challenges better than any winger I've seen.

Maybe his LPA and LPS should be boosted a bit. One of the most consistant crossers around.

Suggestion for cards:

All out attack - Besides Fabregas, created the most goal scoring chances. What does this say? When he has the ball, his teammates push up and find space.

Speed Merchant- No explanation needed.

Cutback Pass - Likes to run down the wing and throw in crosses after getting past his marker.

Cover - Never tires and is all over, covering for his teammates,especially his rightback.

Quick turn - Self explanitory.

Reaction - On both defending and moing foward, has great response.

Free Roaming - Stays in position, but has shown to move into the area for some crucial goal.s Used to score a majority from long range crackers but now moves in for the kill.

Thats all for now. Incisive run any one?

naruhodo

Postby LiamwPk » 2010 Aug 14, 08:22

I would've thought his acceleration would be lightly higher than his top speed. He seems quite quick off the mark. Although I'd say his pace is pretty similar to Nani, who has TS 87 and ACC 89, and Valencia is only slightly better

EDIT: Changed speeds.

Last edited by LiamwPk on 2010 Aug 14, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page/ (PES Wiki)

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/ (Neoseeker)
LiamwPk

Postby iman » 2010 Aug 14, 09:27

Nani didnt update.
new Nani has TS: 87 Acc: 89

iman

Postby naruhodo » 2010 Aug 15, 18:17

So exactly how is Nani faster than Valencia? Just curious when even their own teammates say Valencia is fastest on the team? :roll:

I think in my opinion, top speed is good at 92 as it is in PES, his ACC is 92 (starts as quick as he runs) and DS 89-90 atleast. :P

naruhodo

Postby LiamwPk » 2010 Aug 15, 18:36

I think Nani and Valencia should have the same speed but with Valencia having more acceleration. Since I see Valencia a lot of time have that sudden change of speed which is based on his acceleration

http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page/ (PES Wiki)

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/ (Neoseeker)
LiamwPk

Postby naruhodo » 2010 Aug 15, 21:53

Yeah, well, they should be pretty close anyway. If Nani is 87, Valencia is 89 for me but in PES, Konami gave him 92. That's fair. But his DS should be same as Nani, around 87-89 atleast to be fair. And ACC is his best asset. Can we agree on 92?

naruhodo

Postby Paddy » 2010 Aug 26, 16:23

Unlocked and added a description.

Paddy

Postby BigStu » 2010 Aug 26, 16:28

could I just say I don't think he is worthy of an 82 for balance, 80/81 is enough

BigStu

Postby ThaReaper01 » 2010 Aug 26, 16:57

Chelseakid08 wrote:could I just say I don't think he is worthy of an 82 for balance, 80/81 is enough

Bollocks. He's every bit as strong as Malouda.

ThaReaper01

Postby BigStu » 2010 Aug 26, 18:27

Malouda
Height: 181
Weight: 73
Balance: 84

Valencia
Height: 181
Weight: 78
Balance: 82

Your saying that the 5kg advantage is only worth 2pts?

BigStu

Postby Paddy » 2010 Aug 26, 19:09

Eh a 5kg advantage is barely worth anything!

Paddy

Postby Jez » 2010 Aug 26, 19:54

I think balance is fine personally. Anyway, I'd rather discuss his Long Pass Accuracy. 86 is already a class value no doubt, but I could easily see it higher. There's every chance that Ashley Young is overated, but there isn't a 4 point gap between them when it comes to crossing. Especially not in terms of accuracy. Ashley Youngs crossing is about Speed and Curl as well as Accuracy. Valencias crosses definitly don't have the whip and pace of Ashley Youngs, but are as accurate as you can get. Whereas Ashley Young gets his head down and regularly whips the ball into the right areas, Valencia picks out individual players to perfection. The partnership he formed with Rooney (or more Rooneys head) last year reminded me of the telepathy shared by Beckham and Yorke back in the day. He literally picked Wazza out inch perfectly on so many occasions and at times running at full pace. Anyway, I digress.. I'm going to suggest an 88 for Long Pass Accuracy. I believe that in terms of sheer Accuracy, he is better than the majority of wingers in the world and consulting the global LPA ladder only cements this for me. I think the key is his style of crossing which as mentioned relies almost solely on accuracy as his crosses have very limited swerve and aren't as quick as some others.

I urge people to watch this video and take note of the crosses it shows against Valencia, Milan, and Villa amongst a few others. His ability to pick a player out in he air so accurately whilst also under pressure is out of this world for me. Couldn't find a video, but his first time cross for Rooney away at West Ham was also fantastic. (The volleyed cross onto Rooneys head after Berbatov sprayed it out to the wing for those who can remember it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmfBGP1wEY&feature=related

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Gose_Chicharito14 » 2010 Aug 26, 23:31

jez wrote:I think balance is fine personally. Anyway, I'd rather discuss his Long Pass Accuracy. 86 is already a class value no doubt, but I could easily see it higher. There's every chance that Ashley Young is overated, but there isn't a 4 point gap between them when it comes to crossing. Especially not in terms of accuracy. Ashley Youngs crossing is about Speed and Curl as well as Accuracy. Valencias crosses definitly don't have the whip and pace of Ashley Youngs, but are as accurate as you can get. Whereas Ashley Young gets his head down and regularly whips the ball into the right areas, Valencia picks out individual players to perfection. The partnership he formed with Rooney (or more Rooneys head) last year reminded me of the telepathy shared by Beckham and Yorke back in the day. He literally picked Wazza out inch perfectly on so many occasions and at times running at full pace. Anyway, I digress.. I'm going to suggest an 88 for Long Pass Accuracy. I believe that in terms of sheer Accuracy, he is better than the majority of wingers in the world and consulting the global LPA ladder only cements this for me. I think the key is his style of crossing which as mentioned relies almost solely on accuracy as his crosses have very limited swerve and aren't as quick as some others.

I urge people to watch this video and take note of the crosses it shows against Valencia, Milan, and Villa amongst a few others. His ability to pick a player out in he air so accurately whilst also under pressure is out of this world for me. Couldn't find a video, but his first time cross for Rooney away at West Ham was also fantastic. (The volleyed cross onto Rooneys head after Berbatov sprayed it out to the wing for those who can remember it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmfBGP1wEY&feature=related

i agree wit this but what you think about he cards

Gose_Chicharito14

Postby iman » 2010 Aug 27, 06:38

i already had LPA 88 in my OF, because really he now where to send pass and his ball always reach to players.

iman

Postby hsnandra » 2010 Aug 29, 21:42

Possible cards -

Speed Merchant
Early Cross (?)
Box To Box
Cut Back Pass
Incisive Run
Free Roaming
Reaction
Quick Turn
Scooping (?)

hsnandra

Postby Brezza » 2010 Aug 29, 22:10

Some of these cards suggestions are a but over the top tbh. Id only go with:

P06: Speed Merchant
P10: Box to Box
P11: Cut Back Pass
S06: Outside Curve

Maybe quick turn.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC