Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: BigStu, vinnie, Jez, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Videos:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby BigStu » 2009 Oct 27, 17:53

agree with you van also I think he is faster than the current stats suggest

OFF Topic: Like no-ones posted in the EPL today?

BigStu

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Oct 27, 18:01

Well considering it's half term and the weather has been lovely today, as well as the fact where not all social retards. :P

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby BigStu » 2009 Oct 27, 18:05

Vandeach wrote:Well considering it's half term and the weather has been lovely today, as well as the fact where not all social retards. :P

im stuck at home today, pulled my calf muscle yesterday and i can barely walk to the bathroom

BigStu

Postby Enurunner » 2009 Oct 29, 21:14

Vandeach are you sure he shouldn't be in the 90's in speed and acceleration?

As far as I can see his acceleration is his biggest plus. Whenever he's up against a player he'll almost always slow down a bit and then accelerate past his opponent.

I know it's not enough to rate him on the last few games only but he's fired off some incredibly powerful shots. If he keeps that up his shot power might have to be raised. It's already pretty high at 85, though and maybe he's been lucky with his last few shots, but they were rockets. :)

His dribble accuracy could go a few points down, as far as I can see, since he really doesn't do as much dribbling as he does just springting past opponents. He's not a trickster.

Enurunner

Postby Tom » 2009 Oct 29, 21:18

Enurunner, how many times did you watch Valencia at Wigan last season? :roll:

Tom

Postby Enurunner » 2009 Oct 30, 08:25

I only saw him a few games when he was at wigan so I'm basing my observations on what I've seen this season and preseason. It's not much, I know, and I'm a united fan so I'm not the most objective person to rate united's players, but it's what I've observed so far. I might be wrong or at least a bit off in my evaluations but then take my comments as an invitation to watch Valencia the next time he plays. Watch how he plays and then tell me if my evaluation is so much off. :) It might be, it might not, that's what why there's a forum to discuss this, right? :)

I must add that I think his current stats are a pretty good representation of him, I just think they might need a bit of tweaking, but that's just my opinion.

Enurunner

Postby Tom » 2009 Oct 30, 08:57

I have watched Valencia plenty of times this season as I have been intruiged to see whether he alters his playing style to that similar of Ronaldo or whether he maintains his all-round involvement with the team in which he utilises his work ethic, stamina and defensive abilities.

The fact is, some of the ideas you've proposed are too far off in their valuation. Yes, Valencia is undoubtedly pacy and that is reflected by the current stats and his fantastically high Dribble Speed value, but he's not a 90 in any pace department. He's not at a similar level of pace to Ronaldo by any means, but he's certainly similar to his team-mate Park Ji-Sung. Also, where would the logic be in him being quicker than his Wigan days? Unless he had taken tetrahydrogestrinone, it wouldn't be the case. His speed stats could go up very slightly, but he isn't a great deal pacier than the current speed stats.

Also it remains to see whether you truly know about the Dribble Accuracy. One of your reasons for reducing his Dribble Accuracy is on the basis that he "isn't a trickster". The fact is, that's a very minimal effect of the stat, the primary focus of the Dribble Accuracy stat is how good a player's close control is. At Wigan, Valencia's close control was fantastic and better than many players within the Premier League. As for him not being a trickster, well you're certaily wrong there too ;) This following video shows just a few of the various bits of tricks and skils that he's used for Wigan and Ecuador, but it only seems to start showing them mid-way through the video:

As for his Shot Power, he puts no more power into his shots than Fernando Torres who also sits at an 85. He's shown the same level of venom in his shots now as he has in the last couple of years in the Premier League. Also the likes of Nani, Scholes and Rooney evidently have more velocity and power in their shots than Valencia.

Tom

Postby Enurunner » 2009 Oct 30, 09:16

I stand corrected. :D

But I still don't think the way he accelerates past defenders is properly reflected in the game. Is there any way to do this?

Enurunner

Postby Golden_Guy » 2009 Nov 04, 10:21

Few more games like that and we'll have to drop his WFF, I'm afraid. I can't recall him using his left foot a single time in CSKA game. That was just striking.
As for his speed stats, I think he benefits more from his acceleration than TS. These two could be switched.
I also agree with rising his balance by a point or two. As far as that's concerned, he's an animal ;)

So far I am very happy with the way he fitted himself to the team, he's composed and hard working. He could show some smile or do a lil' samba with Anderson, though. ;)

Golden_Guy

Postby aurandon » 2009 Nov 04, 13:53

His BB is lower than Carrick's? That's totally insane. And by the way, Carrick is such a weak guy and he's got 83.

Valencia loves to run pass defenders by his pure strength, proving the quality of his body. His BB should definitely be raised.

aurandon

Postby Roney92 » 2009 Nov 29, 21:18

I think Valencia get a good Feedback(alibies) but he must have better balance and Shoot(90) power(very very strong shoot)and if we take for example Fereira P(81),Carrick(83),N.Kraincat(81),(realy poor guys) etc than I am sure that Valencia need have balance 83 or 84 because he pass their guardians with speed and with physical strength so just raise he"s balance and he will be great :D

Roney92

Postby Tom » 2009 Nov 30, 18:59

Roney92 wrote:I think Valencia get a good Feedback(alibies) but he must have better balance and Shoot(90) power(very very strong shoot)and if we take for example Fereira P(81),Carrick(83),N.Kraincat(81),(realy poor guys) etc than I am sure that Valencia need have balance 83 or 84 because he pass their guardians with speed and with physical strength so just raise he"s balance and he will be great :D

...Aaaand lock!

Tom

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Nov 30, 19:26

Do you not think we should be harsher with these noobs? I mean, look how long it took for imi to get a temporary ban, and we all know he's about as much use as the 'I am under 18' button on redtube.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby ThaReaper01 » 2010 May 25, 22:27

I guess I'll start. Some suggestions from lfc 4 eva on evo-web:

Top Speed: 88
Acceleration: 90
Dribble Speed: 89
Long Pass Speed: 86

I'd agree. But balance is difficult. I think he deserves higher than Busquets for sure though. :D

Cards
P06 - Speed Merchant
P11 - Cut Back Pass (iffy)
S02 - Passer (iffy)
S05 - 1-Touch play
S06 - Outside Curve
S09 - Covering (iffy)
S14 - Quick Turn

ThaReaper01

Postby EFLno1 » 2010 May 26, 00:35

ThaReaper01 wrote:I guess I'll start. Some suggestions from lfc 4 eva on evo-web:

Long Pass Speed: 86

I'd agree. But balance is difficult. I think he deserves higher than Busquets for sure though. :D

Cards
P06 - Speed Merchant
P11 - Cut Back Pass (iffy)
S05 - 1-Touch play
S06 - Outside Curve
S14 - Quick Turn

I was worried that you will never unlock this topic :)))
and Totally agree with ThaReaper01 especially at this from BB, because if you can have BB Busqet 82, then Valencia could have 81 for sure if not more.

To do this, I am sure that he needs to increase

Top Speed: 88/78
Acceleration: 90/91

EFLno1

Postby Paddy » 2010 May 26, 00:53

Valencia is stronger than Busquets, its obvious!

Paddy

Postby iman » 2010 May 26, 03:38

@BB:
i dont know about Busquets but about C.Ronaldo that played alot at right side of manchester, i clearly see that Valencia if isnt stronger than him, isnt weaker, also see ronaldo so high speed and agility and also higher length and heavier that all of this parameters very help him in battles.

if i want say a value suggest 83 and also Ronaldo should be 82 that make a good balance between them.
if u think really 83 is little harsh (i dont think , even his chest and arms show that he is a strong black man) so at any condition Ronaldo should be one point lower.

@Speeds and DS:
yes he need go up these values dont match by his real games.

@ LPS:
yes he has powerfull long passes and 84 is low for him.

--also he need PES10 Cards!

my suggestions:

Def:
his Def is high and i dont see that high number on him in ManU and i didnt see he will be a very defensive SM by good tackles and related actions, so i suggest 50 , 5 point lower than Rooney, Rooney is better than him in one 2 ones and tackles.

Agg:
i say one point higher, if Nani get 86 in next update it will be fair that Valencia be one point lower.

Last edited by iman on 2010 May 26, 07:50, edited 2 times in total.
iman

Postby Vranny » 2010 May 26, 03:47

Small suggestion but does he really need CM as a position? I can't remember him playing there for Wigan or Manchester United.

Vranny

Postby iman » 2010 May 26, 04:06

his playing style isnt like CM player! i dont think he even need AM, he is like a classic SM

iman

Postby EFLno1 » 2010 May 26, 08:25

This is my suggestion:

Balance: 83

Last edited by EFLno1 on 2010 May 26, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
EFLno1

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC