Freezing modern stats

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Freezing modern stats

Postby Jez » 2010 May 10, 23:28

It's occured to me that when a a team wins a major competition or has an outstanding season, it is likely that a classic team will be created for them sooner or later. I think that if a current team wins a major trophy, and the chances are that as mentioned, a Classic team will be made, that all the players stats should be copied and frozen so to speak and then transferred into the classics. A prime example would be United winning the European Cup in 2008 or Spains European champions. Two years have passed now, and many updates have occured, and now a lot of the players have changed since then. Eventually we will have to make a Rooney 07/08 and a Fletcher 07/08 and even a Torres 07/08 despite the fact that they have all improved considerably since then. I'm pretty sure every player has changed since then in some way or another. It would be unfair to use Rooney's current set for the 08 team if you chose to create them on your option file for example. It's not going to be a very fun job for anyone. I think it would be best to in future do as I suggested so that the stats are as accurate as they can be. I hope this makes sense. Chelsea for instance should probably be copied over or at least stored somewhere until it is deemed a good point to make a Chelsea 09/10 team. It should probably be the same for whoever wins the Champions League and Europa League, especially Fulham (I think this years team should be honoured with a Classic team at some point anyway regardless of if they win it or not) so as to have accurate stats. I think it will save a lot of time if we do this from now on. I hope this makes sense :)
(Dibs not making stats for United 07/08 :mrgreen: )

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

by »

Re: Freezing modern stats

Postby Wasa_14 » 2010 May 14, 14:59

GREAT IDEA, Than you don't have overrated players so much and it saves time too!

Wasa_14

Postby Kanouté » 2010 May 14, 17:23

Then someones should save them somewhere. Who will do it?? BTW, very good idea.
If the Internet (or PSD :mrgreen:) had been invented before the football, we wouldn't have had that many overrated classic footballers. So that idea would be the perfect solution for rating classics correctly.

Kanouté

Postby Jez » 2010 May 22, 17:24

I guess it should be entrusted with Plava or Brezza. I think we will have to freeze another team come the end of the day ;)

Jez

Postby Sekularac » 2010 May 22, 17:47

Good idea ;)

-VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT-
Sekularac

Postby Nrby » 2010 May 23, 07:51

I'm guessing Inter's current team would be the best place to start if the classic mods agree to this ... I for one do but it's in their hands

Nrby

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 May 23, 09:40

I'm ok with it. I guess either Nrby or global mods could copy current stats in this section (because of the colours and stuff, it seems much easier and faster). Maybe the same can be done with Atletico Madrid stats and formation...

Plava Čigra

Postby Nrby » 2010 May 23, 10:12

there we go ... I believe that's a good example of how it should be done ... the posts are only as good as the original ones where ... I only edited the links on the general description page in the Era Teams section

Nrby

Postby Ace » 2010 May 23, 11:27

I suggest to lock every thread, otherwise there will be unuseful posts.

Ace

Postby Phil » 2010 May 23, 11:33

But aren't classic stats based on a particular time period (09/10 for example of the Inter players been made), whereas normal stats are made by taking into account how they have played for the last few seasons.

Phil

Postby Nrby » 2010 May 23, 11:49

well to be honest this should help to bridge that gap between classics and contemporary players ... I mean it makes no sense to have one set of stats in the normal OF and another one in the classics that is better just because those are classic

Nrby

Postby Jez » 2010 May 23, 12:00

Happy to see this catching on :)
Just a note though, some of the players have classic stats already e.g. Eto'o so they should be added to the bottom of the'r other respective stats ;)
Great job though Nrby!

Jez

Postby Nrby » 2010 May 23, 12:07

right ... didn't consider that ... I just made a full copy cause it was easy for me being able to edit all the players in each section ... form here Plava can take over

Nrby

Postby BigStu » 2010 May 23, 12:14

Eventurely Chelsea can be added though as the current stats need overhauls for many players it can wait a while

BigStu

Postby Jez » 2010 May 23, 12:32

I just wish this had started a couple of years ago..

Jez

Postby Brezza » 2010 May 23, 19:12

Ive Added 2009-10 era Lucio, Quaresma, Eto'o, Materazzi, Samuel, Motta and Toldo, to their already made threads. :)

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby CDDRodrigo » 2010 May 23, 21:24

I like the idea, but it should be implemented only to the CL champions. For example, current Chelsea shouldn't be freezed, cuz they didn't win the CL.

CDDRodrigo

Postby Jez » 2010 May 23, 21:36

Yes, but winning the domestic double is a great achievment in England. There are teams in the classic era section that havn't won the Champions League. Obviously, I think every team that wins the champions league should be frozen from now on though. World/European Player of the year winners should also be 'frozen' too (having said that, they usually belong to the team that's won the Champions League anyway) Messi for example is likely to be named World player of the year again so the potential for a 'Messi 2008-10' is there. The scary thing is that it looks like he can only get better and better. Some of the Barcelona players could do with similair treatment sooner rather than later in honour of their Treble last term. Also players that have had amazing seasons and are likely to be included in a Classic team in the future. I think Athletico Madrid should have their team frozen too. There's also the FA Cup etc to consider. I think if this had been implemented a couple of years ago then we'd have an accurate Portsmouth 07/08 side in the classics for example.

Jez

Postby julgui » 2010 May 25, 19:30

I had thought of something. But with retired players.
As they withdraw and enter the forum "Retired Player" simply be upgraded to their best season in case of some renowned players more or less important.
Since there are not many differences of attributes is more the typical speeds.
Examples: Cases like those of Oscar Cordoba (post180554.html#p180554)

Last edited by julgui on 2010 May 25, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Señor Ascenso | Mr. Lower Leagues
julgui

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2010 May 25, 19:54

jez wrote:Yes, but winning the domestic double is a great achievment in England. There are teams in the classic era section that havn't won the Champions League. Obviously, I think every team that wins the champions league should be frozen from now on though. World/European Player of the year winners should also be 'frozen' too (having said that, they usually belong to the team that's won the Champions League anyway) Messi for example is likely to be named World player of the year again so the potential for a 'Messi 2008-10' is there. The scary thing is that it looks like he can only get better and better. Some of the Barcelona players could do with similair treatment sooner rather than later in honour of their Treble last term. Also players that have had amazing seasons and are likely to be included in a Classic team in the future. I think Athletico Madrid should have their team frozen too. There's also the FA Cup etc to consider. I think if this had been implemented a couple of years ago then we'd have an accurate Portsmouth 07/08 side in the classics for example.

Not so sure about Atletico. We won the Europa League and reached the Cup final, but this is the worst season in years. In the Europa League it was like throwing a coin and we managed to get head all the time, is pure luck. In the domestic Cup we faced just two top division teams: Racing (saved of relegation for just one point) and Sevilla, and we lost to Sevilla. This team has achieved the first trophie in many years, but is the worst team I've seen in quite a time. Anyway, should anyone be interested in making the team we should froze it in that case.

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
StannisTheMannis

Next

Return to Classics