Shinji Kagawa

Moderators: Jez, vinnie, BigStu, Mod's

Shinji Kagawa

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Mar 15, 11:22

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Nov 29, 23:22, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Shinji KAGAWA - Cerezo Osaka

Postby Helios » 2009 May 25, 16:43

Japan's rising star Shinji Kagawa is set for trial stints with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

According to reports in the Far East, the 20 year-old is considering offers to train with the Primera Liga giants, subject to approval from his club Cerezo Osaka.

"The Spanish league is my favourite. The attacking mentality suits my style," Kagawa said on Nikkan Sports.

"My dream is to play in the Champions League one day, so this is a great opportunity."

The skilful midfielder made his debut for the national team last May and has gone on to earn eight more caps for the Blue Samurai.

Regarded as the country's top young talent, Kagawa is backed by Cerezo club president Nobuyoshi Fujita to make it big in Europe.

"We will definitely consider any offers that we believe will benefit him," he said.

"It is a dream of his to play overseas. He has our full support."

Besides Barcelona and Real, Espanyol and Atletico Madrid are also reportedly monitoring the player's progress.

Helios

Postby Paddy » 2009 Nov 23, 18:51

imscouting.com

Shinji Kagawa is the next Shunsuke Nakamura or Hidetoshi Nakata, if reports from within Japan are to be believed.

But it's not just the Japanese who are raving about this diminutive 20-year-old midfielder from Kobe - both Real Madrid and Barcelona have already been reported as showing interest. And, while the Spanish giants might, realistically be a little ambitious a target at this time, Kagawa has made it plain he wishes to play in the European Champions League - sooner, rather than later.

He might just get that wish, but the more likely destination would be a Dutch or German team for now, although, with his regular appearances for the national side mounting, he may well qualify for a work permit in the Premier League sometime soon and he would not be overawed by that prospect.

At the age of 20 he has appeared for his country at all age groups, and played in the Beijing Olympics while just 19. He has already notched up 10 appearances for the full team - scoring two goals in the process - and this has been while in the second division of Japanese football.

For Cerezo Osaka, in his first hundred or so appearances he topped the 40 goal mark - all from midfield! He was instrumental in guiding Cerezo Osaka to promotion this season, with 27 goals, despite regularly being called up for the national team duty.

With a host of Spanish teams reportedly interested including Espanyol and Atletico Madrid, a move to Europe seems more than likely. He would be a huge loss to the Osaka team if he is prised away in 2010, but he would be an asset to the team that entices him.

So why is there so much fuss about Kagawa? The 20-year-old is a box-to-box midfielder, who makes up for his slight build (172 cm) - with a tireless, end to end work rate. He can create, destroy and score goals!

Kagawa has a great vision of the field; he is a very smart player and can do a lot of things in the game, starting with scoring goals, with long shots from distance, or by dribbles into the box. He has provided some beautiful assists both with short and long passes to the strikers.

His strongest foot is his right but he can also provide goals with his left. Kagawa is very fast and has great acceleration. He is a small player with poor heading and is physically weak so the English league may not suit him but Kagawa could excel elsewhere in Europe.

The comparisons with the likes of Shunsuke Nakamura and Hidetoshi Nakata do not seem out of place, Kagawa is a young man with a bright future.

Paddy

Postby Mouarikh » 2009 Nov 23, 19:16

Cerezo Osaka are currently in the Japanese second division just so people don't get to far ahead of themselves when reading about this guy.

I quit the forum. Stop contacting me on pm's please.
Mouarikh

Postby Helios » 2009 Nov 23, 20:07

He probably won't make old bones there ! :lol: Top Japanese clubs and few European ones want him badly.

Matsui and Hirayama moved straight from J-League Division 2 to top European Leagues. The competition is inferior technically to the Division I, but it's physical and extremely demanding. In 2009, the J2 clubs are playing 51 League games - triple round-robin- ! :shock:
Not to mention additional competitions/games (the Emperor's Cup for example).

If you can handle this exhausting and tiresome marathon you won't have too much trouble to align successive games at a higher level.

Helios

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Dec 01, 09:45

"The 20-year-old is a box-to-box midfielder"

*scrolls up* Hmm?

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Re: Shinji KAGAWA

Postby Fiddy » 2010 Mar 13, 14:53

his passing stats seem kinda too low to deserve P08 – Pinpoint Pass no ?
and he could have Quick Turn

Fiddy

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Mar 13, 15:22

my stats changed correctly:)

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby Helios » 2010 Mar 13, 22:00

I just added his 'must to have' cards while standardizing the post graphically. I think he is very underrated in the first post but I want to see his progress in division 1 before updating him. He scored 27 goals last season (very impressive for a midfielder) but he must confirm his previous good performances at a higher level to convince European scouts or the NT coach.

Helios

Postby Fiddy » 2010 Mar 13, 22:10

can't u even give an conservativ update ?

Fiddy

Postby Helios » 2010 May 01, 21:50

Fiddy wrote:can't u even give an conservativ update ?

Done. His stats should be ok for a while now. ;)

He is greater than ever by the way, he was even the top scorer of the league (5 goals) before today's games. :shock:

Helios

Postby Fiddy » 2010 May 01, 21:53

great update man ;)

Fiddy

Postby Helios » 2010 May 09, 16:09

Helped his team last week to overcome Kashima (2 - 1) scoring the opening goal.

According to a Japanese source, Borussia Dortmund made an official offer to acquire him.

Wait and see.

Helios

Postby Fiddy » 2010 May 09, 18:22

well, i'd love to see him in the Premier League tbh ;)

Fiddy

Postby gemgem » 2010 May 11, 13:37

move to Dortmund

gemgem

Postby Mouarikh » 2010 May 11, 15:14

In July, Japanese league is still going.

I quit the forum. Stop contacting me on pm's please.
Mouarikh

Postby Helios » 2010 May 13, 21:51

Cerezo's website confirmed the transfer. It's official. Perhaps it's time to move him.

He won't resume J-League I think. He will travel to South Africa (regardless of his participation as a player or not, since Okada said he would take 4 young players with the group - not among the 23 - and he specified that Kagawa was one of them). After that, he would have holidays I guess. He will certainly participate in the pre-season training with Dortmund.

Helios

Postby Helios » 2010 May 16, 02:03

Scored a beautiful free kick today in what was his last game for Cerezo Osaka :

But the interesting thing is the great example of sportsmanship and fairplay shown by the fans to the player who just cost them the game :

Fans of Vissel Kobe stayed for about 30 additional minutes to pay tribute to him. That's how football and sport in general should be.

Updated his age and added compilations of him to first post.

Helios

Postby kasi » 2010 May 16, 21:33

great videos and welcome to dortmund :P

kasi

Postby KingKonami » 2010 Aug 15, 23:32

his first impressions are awesome, maybe we have to update him next time, lookin forward to the season start

KingKonami

Next

Return to Manchester United FC