João Pereira

Moderators: Korinov, brazilianpesfan, Fixer, Mod's

João Pereira

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 15:58

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: João PEREIRA

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 20, 20:05

*Long Throw seems to be an option, he has been trying it and he's not bad at it :lol:

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby element » 2009 Jan 06, 00:37

84 mentality?

element

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 06, 14:04

element wrote:84 mentality?

Yep ;)

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Prata » 2009 Mar 03, 14:54

HIs defence can up a bit like 64/65..

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby RB7 » 2009 Mar 03, 16:16

Agreed but he still has some childish mistakes at times so just raised it to 64.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Prata » 2009 Sep 21, 16:36

every time I saw him he made stupid fouls and never showed classy interceptions or good recovers so i think his respose is overrated, I'd go for the 79 tbh.

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby Prata » 2009 Dec 23, 14:18

Signed by Sporting :shock:

Prata

Postby da_ni » 2009 Dec 23, 20:57

TDM_21 wrote:Signed by Sporting :shock:
why the :shock:
don't you think that João Pereirahas his place in sporting?or is it becouse sporting payed 3M for him? i don't know where they found the money, but it's a good signing for them...sporting doesn't have beter than him playng there..

"My heart only has one colour: Blue and White!!
João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Jan 11, 01:09

Deserves a revyew imo...

Attack: 76
Defence: 70
Top Speed: 86
Acceleration: 86
Response: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 84
Dribble Speed: 84

jorgeaugustogil

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 03:28

jorgeaugustogil wrote:Deserves a revyew imo...

Attack: 76
Defence: 70
Top Speed: 86
Acceleration: 86
Response: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 84
Dribble Speed: 84

learn how to color 1st :roll:

I'm against you
PMC

Postby RB7 » 2010 Jan 11, 15:26

General update. Before shouting overrated please read the explanation.

After a general comparison with Fucile and other SB's.

Attack - Boosted to Evra and Chimbonda's level. Why? Because he's a winger really, he's not just in his position closing in the sideline, he's amazing and can get free by moving all the time to the center and he's usually very wise when getting in the box as well. He improved and he's better than Fucile on this one.

Defence - He's safe but he still needs to improve on this subject, he's very offensive but his physical power still let him chase back well and not get caught on the wrong foot.

Balance - Despite being quite small he's a powerful player that can easily back down most wingers in the league and even strikers. With Evra standing at 82 and strikers like Postiga at 80 (considering the measures of both of them) I don't think João Pereira is really much worse than them. Evra is still taller and heavier but João Pereira should be close.

Stamina - This guy's stamina makes you go nuts. He keeps running nonstop all the game up and down the wing and he's easily as fresh as Ashley Cole or Bosingwa.

Top Speed - Quite fast on the long run..

Acceleration - But better on the short ones and can keep up with more the less any winger on the league.

Response - He fouls a lot due to his attitude but his reading is quite nice, still Fucile tops him. With Miguel standing on 80, it should be pretty close.

Agility - A very nimble player, that can keep his opponents off the ball by using body feints or quick turns.

Dribble Accuracy - Also very technical and has the ability to outdribble one or two opponents easily.

Dribble Speed - Close to Fucile on this one but João Pereira is a tad faster on the ball.

Short Pass Accuracy: Ah, something he needs to improve. Still quite decent and over guys like Bosingwa but not quite as good as Fucile yet.

Short Pass Speed: His passing is pretty powerful though and don't get intercepted a lot.

Long Pass Accuracy: He can cross very well from the side, center, before the box whatever, you just know the ball is going to be good. Pretty close to Mathieu I'd say.

Long Pass Speed: João Pereira also has the skill to pull off a 30 meter long pass if needed, but not as good as Mathieu. They still look very good.

Shot Accuracy: He hits most shots in a frontal position.

Shot Power: Quite some power.

Shot Technique: But he does miss the hardest ones from the side or when pressured.

Free Kick Accuracy: Not really a candidate but he often takes side ones into the box and does pretty well.

Curling: Can put a very impressive amount of curve on a ball.

Header: Not a strong point but he's not horrible.

Jump: Can't fight the big ones here but he'll still jump and fight it all.

Technique: An impressive first touch but he can still get it improved as he sometimes still has some bad ones but the ball receptions are often very soft.

Aggression: Another WOW attribute. He's more aggressive than Filipe Luis for example and he's just one point below Bosingwa or Dani Alves. He usually spends more time in the opposition's midfield than in his and there's absolutely no fear in going on 1vs1 or shooting from distance.

Mentality: Same value as Fucile, very hard working and won't give up from balls. Raul Meireles above him is still arguable but I don't really think João Pereira can top a guy like Sergio Ramos on this one.

Teamwork: Impressive. He keeps up with the team all the time and you know you can always count on him on that right side.

Injury Tolerance: Moutinho like. Gets beaten every match and always stands up and keeps on going. I don't remind him being injured tbh.

Condition Fitness: Around 40 matches last season and 90 minutes match after match. Incredible fitness.

WFA and WFF: His left foot is ok but he still tries not to use it a lot.

Consistency: I thought of an 8 but he's not as consistent as Moutinho or Lucho often are.

Definately a very complete RB.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 16:28

these stats remind me alot of Contra some years ago... nice work ;)

I'm against you
PMC

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Jan 11, 19:36

Agree...very nice explanation also...great player...let´s see if he shows in the rest of the season :P

jorgeaugustogil

Postby PMC » 2010 Jan 11, 22:22

well RB is an expert when it comes to RBs ;)

I'm against you
PMC

Postby JMVP » 2010 Apr 27, 17:23

Good player but sooo overated! With these stats he's the better SB in our league by far, wich, imo, it's not necessarely true. Do you guys think he's this much better that Fucile or Coentrão?

Still, SMF should be added to his positions since it was his original position and he played there sometimes this season.

JMVP

Postby JMVP » 2010 May 12, 16:17

I've been watching the ladders and i really felt like :shock: . But yet i'll make one last atempt. Some feedback would be apreciated this time, because comparing all these player requires some efort.

How is J. Pereira a more acurate dribbler than Coentrão? Good as a dribbler as Maicon and Daniel Alves? And his BB, should it be only one point behind Daniel Alves?

How is he a better crosser than Coentrão? His short passing is better than Javi Garcia's or as good as Adrien Silva's?

Quick Scissor Dribble?! He's not Ronaldo or Robinho, his dribbles are often basic with no trickery. I'm taking the risk of looking biased, but imo it would make more sense giving it to Coentrão.

Technique 82, one point behind Maicon? I admit Maicon may be a bit underated, and JP as a good touch but 82 is just too high imo. He is not better here than Filipe Oliveira or Liedson. Carlos Martins has 82, can anyone really argue João Pereira's technique is as good as Martins?

Am i the only one feeling like he is SO overated? Help me please because i can't really understand this!

JMVP

Postby RB7 » 2010 Jun 06, 09:44

Well, as obvious you weren't the only one to compare players to get to some stats, we've tried all season to make good stats for this fella and in Sporting he confirmed what he had showed in Braga in the last seasons.
We have reached this set and we believe it's the right one and besides it wouldn't be smart to change his stats before the new season starts.

But well discussion is welcome.
Yes, João Pereira is an accurate dribble, a guy you never see the ball running from, he can beat 1, 2 players in dribble and he's definately agile enough for that. Coentrão is probably a better dribble but I wasn't the one to drop him. Remember that when I posted his stats Coentrão wasn't updated yet.
His short passing is one of the most reliable if you consider all SB's in Portugal and I don't think his dribbles aren't tricky at all, especially cause this one is based on agility and he often tries to fool opponents using this move.
He is definately better than Liedson on Technique though, Liedson is superb at executing but you can often see that the ball doesn't really get stuck in his feet before his moves. As to João Pereira, he has to deal with simpler passing but still if you pay attention he won't struggle at getting hard balls with quite some ease and the ball always seems softer when it gets to his feet.
Besides, I wouldn't be against 83 for Carlos Martins on that one.

Obviously we used ladders and this fella was one of the hardest to get stats for. But I do think he's spot on for now.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby JMVP » 2010 Jun 06, 23:01

I just compared a few players and mentioned those because the comparisons seemed so obvious. And you only refused the comparison to Liedson, were there's actually a point to discuss about: you say it yourself that Liedson is in worst positions to trap the ball witch is true. And then there's feather weight Liedson having 2 men on him whenever he gets the ball. Hey, having to worry not only with trapping the ball but also standing on his feet is not an easy task ;)
I disagree with the "liedson's technique is defenetly better" but i agree that he is far from great at traping that round thing, although his small frame and dynamic play enhances that handicap even more.
João Pereira is good of course, afterall he is a converted winger. But think of this: JP and Tiago played together, who had/has the better touch? And keep in mind that Tiago plays in the centre were all the pushing, pressing and shoving rolls with no wide open spaces to tap the ball at will.
But that's just technique, there's many other figures i find excessive like his short passing 78/82 is not just reliable, that's excellent for a SB, BB is excessive too even with his size. Of course he can dribble 1-2 players even Maxi can :D , but can he do it better than the others with 83? Hulk is at 82 and the reason why he lost/looses possesion so many times isn't lack of DA. Do you think he's more acurate than Vuk? Personally i think he's overrated in an overall way, not that any stat is ridiculously high.

JMVP

Postby Prata » 2010 Jun 07, 13:35

I think comparing Tiago's technique to J.Pereira's technique, when the last time they played together was... 5 YEARS AGO is irrelevant here. João Pereira's first touch is good, better than Raul Meireles definely, IMO it is at the same level of Carlos Martins' one.
About BB, I can't see why do you think he doesn't deserve 81. He is one of the Strongest SBs in our league, very difficult to take down him in shoulder confrontations. BB is related too with Weight and Length. A player with BB 80 and Weight 80 and Lenght 80 is stronger than one with the same BB but with less weight and Lenght. That's why players like João Pereira have good balance values, ( an example is Miccoli whose BB is 84).
Now about his DA. I think 83 is a deserved value. He can control the ball very well in every situation . At high speed or pure dribbling skills. And is important to know that João Pereira shows that is very mature when is dribbling, he knows when and what to do, often than Coentrão And Hulk, WITHOUT losing the control of the ball.

Prata

Next

Return to Valencia CF