Ashley Cole

Moderators: čale, Epsi, crisfar, zuo, Mod's

Ashley Cole

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:19

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 04, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Ashley COLE

Postby Paddy » 2010 Feb 11, 20:20

Sure he wasn't trying to spell Zhirkov?

Paddy

Postby Kostaz » 2010 Feb 11, 21:11

GoonerLover66 wrote:Surely it took you longer to come up with that nickname than the time it would have taken you to simply right "Zhirkov"?
Actually that nic is used by most Chelsea fans.

P.DIDDY wrote:Sure he wasn't trying to spell Zhirkov?

Yup,it Yuri Zhirkov #18

Kostaz

Postby Nefarel » 2010 Feb 12, 15:15

Kostaz wrote:Yup,it Yuri Zhirkov #18

Wow someone deciphered it.

Nefarel

Postby MarcusAurelio » 2010 Mar 31, 14:46

So am I right in understanding that whilst discussions were plentiful (atleast from what I've seen), no conclusion was reached on any sort of an update?

Requesting classic stats for:
Johan MJÄLLBY
Magnus HEDMAN
Andreas JAKOBSSON
Viktor ONOPKO
MarcusAurelio

Postby BigStu » 2010 Mar 31, 15:14

it was meant to be updated with the set posted a page or two back

BigStu

Postby deity86 » 2010 Mar 31, 15:50

I've made a couple of tweaks since the set was put up, namely his Att/Def and SA.

I did agree that it was maybe harsh to have Ashley too low in terms of Defence but it didn't really occur to me to raise his Attack as I wasn't particularly sure he'd deserve it at that point. Needless to say I've changed my mind since, he shows quite a high degree of intelligence in the attacking half, on par with likes of G. Johnson and Bosingwa I'd say. Ignore the description for Att/Def though it still applies, the values are obviously different ;)

deity86 wrote:The main changes from the current set are..

Attack/Defence: 74/74

Right, his Att/Def has been tweaked slighty to a 74/74 respectively combined with other key factors which I'll mention a bit later. I do see him as being an extremely balanced player. He plays the natural defensive role which we've been to accustomed to seeing during the Mourinho era where tactics, and injury, curbed his attacking enthusiasm. The thing we're also seeing over the last year or so is the rediscovery of his Arsenal form in terms of attacking intent and ability. He literally covers every blade of grass down the left flank nowadays due to his attacking nature yet still has the defensive inclination to get back and still be a world class defender, he really does manage to combine both facets of the game to a high degree.

Top Speed/Acceleration: 87/87

He has lost a touch of pace since his earlier days before injury and age (no, he's not old :P) have taken their toll though he's obviously still quite quick. This will put him around the likes of Gibbs and Richardson which seems a bit fairer.

Response: 86

Van brought this up orignally and I more than agree. His overall reading of the game is immaculate, defensively and offensively. He's very adept at timing his challenges and nipping in to take the ball off of an opposing players foot. He's equally as good at responding to, and picking up loose balls, though obviously his pace helps here also. It really is one of the key elements to his game.

Aggression: 83/+ P01 - Overlapping Run, S01 - Reaction/*Reaction

Now on first glance it may look overkill but bear with me, he honestly doesn't bomb forward constantly with these values when his Att:Def ratio is taken into account. In fact he still felt quite reserved, at times hesitant to push on beyond the ball rather preferring to hang back level or behind the player in possession. Overall though he felt quite decent, he did make some nice overlapping runs though I still didn't see him bursting into the box from wide as often, even with *Reaction though I think that's more of a case with the game than anything else. This one is more of a case of "feel" as it may or may not sit strangely on the ladder.

Team Work: 83

Nowadays a SB is an integral part of the team with most modern day players playing both attacking and defensive roles for the team. Defensively - along with his other attributes - he's good a very good understanding with those around him, I wouldn't call him an organiser or even the most vocal but makes up for it with a general awareness and intellect. Now in terms of when he joins in attacks he has an ability to participate in good team moves and doesn't seem out of place when involved in any link up play. It's an area in which players like Lampard, Ballack, Deco and J. Cole may make him appear better, or even more aware than he actually is with their ability to bring him into play but he's certainly more than adequate.

Some other more minor changes are to Stamina, DA SPA, LPS and Tech. All of which would make him look like this..

Name: Ashley Cole

Club: Chelsea
Number: 3
Position: SB*
Nationality: English _eng

Foot: L
Side: L

Height: 176
Weight: 66

Attack: 75
Defence: 75
Balance: 78
Stamina: 90
Top Speed: 87
Acceleration: 87
Response: 86
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 73
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Speed: 80
Shot Accuracy: 68
Shot Power: 80
Shot Technique: 67
Free Kick Accuracy: 69
Curling: 79
Header: 72
Jump: 85
Technique: 80
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 78
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 83

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 7

CARDS:
P01 - Overlapping Run
S01 - Reaction
S07 - Man Marking
S08 - Sliding

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Reaction
*Marking
*Sliding

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby CDDRodrigo » 2010 Mar 31, 16:48

Agreed.

CDDRodrigo

Postby Fiddy » 2010 Apr 26, 12:14

agree with new set too

Fiddy

Postby deity86 » 2010 Apr 27, 11:06

Same as with Rooney, updated last night.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby N3KR0 » 2010 May 04, 09:19

Finally apart from all the hate videos on youtube :P , a decent video of one of the finest left backs in modern football.

N3KR0

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Aug 09, 17:13

I think he needs to have WFF 3. It was proven by his chance yesterday against United when he really should have used his right foot to strike but instead used the outside of his left and produced a pretty weak effort in the end. This is also why I think he needs S06 - Outside/*Outside, as the more I think about it he uses the outside of his foot quite a lot for nicking the ball around opponents rushing in to the tackle.

WHUfan

Postby BigStu » 2010 Aug 09, 17:43

both of them sound very reasonable, got my support

BigStu

Postby Gugu » 2010 Sep 07, 20:26

I know this is a little skewed but he's lost half a yard

Gugu

Postby zinaldo1982 » 2010 Sep 12, 16:39

You mean pace,i think yes and i also think that is playing with his head a little bit more because the game against valencia who ashley has always been able to keep quiet was a real shocker for me,not just because he was quicker but because ashley looked like he didn't even want to defend against him,i was thinking where has the ashley cole who could keep the likes of lennon,young,ronaldo,walcott quiet gone.

But as long as his defending is ok then i think he will still be ok,i think the stats on here are correct, i would even say that kieron richardsson is quicker than him.

zinaldo1982

Postby Gugu » 2010 Sep 12, 16:45

zinaldo1982 wrote:i also think that is playing with his head a little bit more because the game against valencia who ashley has always been able to keep quiet was a real shocker for me,not just because he was quicker but because ashley looked like he didn't even want to defend against him,i was thinking where has the ashley cole who could keep the likes of lennon,young,ronaldo,walcott quiet gone.

If you are insinuating at the Ashley + Cheryl scandal, it didn't seem to affect him in the world cup (BTW, he looked slower there as well)

Gugu

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Sep 24, 19:30

What do people think to adding P12 - Incisive Run? I say because i'm wondering if it will help to make him a bit more of a goal threat like he is in real life, but i'm not sure on it :?
Also, what about P11 - Cut Back Pass? He seems to be the type of player who shoots across goal to bring others into play?

Just a couple of suggestions :D, and i'm not sure about either of them..

WHUfan

Postby CDDRodrigo » 2010 Sep 24, 19:33

WHUfan wrote:What do people think to adding P12 - Incisive Run? I say because i'm wondering if it will help to make him a bit more of a goal threat like he is in real life, but i'm not sure on it :?
Also, what about P11 - Cut Back Pass? He seems to be the type of player who shoots across goal to bring others into play?

Not sure about P12, but P11 is a great suggestion. I agree.

CDDRodrigo

Postby WHUfan » 2010 Sep 24, 23:35

CDDRodrigo wrote:
WHUfan wrote:What do people think to adding P12 - Incisive Run? I say because i'm wondering if it will help to make him a bit more of a goal threat like he is in real life, but i'm not sure on it :?

Not sure about P12, but P11 is a great suggestion. I agree.

Yeh, i'm actually completely going back on the P12 suggestion as I now realise that it's to do with dribbling with the ball into the box rather than making off the ball runs into the box which is more Cole's style

WHUfan

Postby BigStu » 2010 Oct 14, 17:56

hmm, thoughts on these, three could be +/-1 to be made here and there

BigStu

Postby Gugu » 2010 Oct 14, 19:27

Speed?

Gugu

PreviousNext

Return to AS Roma