Micah Richards

Moderators: čale, Epsi, crisfar, zuo, Mod's

Micah Richards

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:55

Image


Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 26, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 111 times

by »



 

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 21, 22:57

his mentality definately needs to be put down, its whats caused him to make mistakes this year

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby fishdalf » 2008 Dec 22, 06:43

I disagree, just because he and the rest of the Man City defence are going through a bad spell does not mean his mentality needs lowering. Don't forget, form is temporary, class is permanent, and Micah definately has bags of class. Usually he chases the ball down well, never gives up, has a never-say-die attitude, but can also go missing from time-to-time, his current value reflects that well. 84 fits into the central defender mentality ladder perfectly, as was discussed a few months back.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 22, 14:41

a few months back he wasn't in this position. This is the time to rate his mentality when they're struggling, and he just can't be assed in their last few games. Aswell as that his positioning has been awful lately, I know he's a class act and want him to do well, but I hope he gets over this rough patch and comes out a better player

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 22, 18:23

Paddy wrote:a few months back he wasn't in this position. This is the time to rate his mentality when they're struggling, and he just can't be assed in their last few games.


So on that basis, you're saying that every player for a Top 4 team must have a low Mentality as they can't have proved themselves in times of trouble? That's a flawed way of looking at it, Paddy. He's proved his attitude throughout last season, the fact that the Manchester City team are going through bad times is not reflective of his Mentality. The fact is, it's Mark Hughes long-ball strategy which is their folly. They've got decent crossers of the ball in Elano and Ireland, and yet they aren't utilising them and are leaving the long ball passing to....Richard Dunne.

User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 15:18
Location: Swansea
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 23, 13:40

not essentially flawed but when a player is going through a rough patch I believe his mentality will get him through it, look at van der meyde, he has a shite mentality

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby dixie1sixty » 2008 Dec 24, 01:13

Bags of class lol? Unproven yet he definitely has potential but hasnt shown it this season. Better at right back IMO

One Evertonian Is Worth Twenty Liverpudlians
User avatar
dixie1sixty
 
Posts: 311
Joined: 2008 Dec 11, 14:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 24, 13:32

I DEFINATELY AGREE WITH THAT! does anyone remember when he played at left back this year :?

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 24, 15:44

dixie1sixty wrote:Bags of class lol? Unproven yet he definitely has potential but hasnt shown it this season. Better at right back IMO


And yet he hasn't played there much this season because of Zabaleta. All he needs is a decent Defensive Coach to help him improve his positional sense and he can be a solid centre-half.

And not a lot of the Manchester City team have shown their ability this season

User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 15:18
Location: Swansea
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 24, 16:00

which is horrible imo, I had Ireland, Kompany and Wright-Phillips in my Fantasy Football Squad

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Brezza » 2009 Feb 05, 15:27

Paddy wrote:his mentality definately needs to be put down, its whats caused him to make mistakes this year


I don't think that its his mentality thats the problem hes a bit of a workhorse I think his response is a tad overaated, i know he has low defence value but his overall awareness and reading of the game can be pretty awful and usually being caught out of position. Tbh players like Upson and Lescott are better readers of the game than he is.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
User avatar
Brezza
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:57
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Feb 07, 21:12

Agree with Brezza. Micah's pace helps him. 'Bit like Sergio Ramos.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
User avatar
Alcohomicide
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: 2009 Jan 15, 17:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby deity86 » 2009 Mar 10, 13:34

It's not something I've paid much attention to but isn't he more agile than this? I see him as being more agile than Gallas who sits on 79 aswell. Any opinions?

Is his passing this poor aswell?

User avatar
deity86
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 17:15
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 11, 00:18

deity86 wrote:It's not something I've paid much attention to but isn't he more agile than this? I see him as being more agile than Gallas who sits on 79 aswell. Any opinions?

Is his passing this poor aswell?

Just as a note...there is no CB in the Serie A that is more than a 78 with the exception of Maldini who is at 81...just something to consider as him being more agile will make him a better defender.

"The Recoba Effect"
User avatar
jmg721
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby Paddy » 2009 Mar 11, 00:21

He's equally adept at playing a SB... moreso on the right.

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby PMC » 2009 Mar 11, 00:43

jmg721 wrote:
deity86 wrote:It's not something I've paid much attention to but isn't he more agile than this? I see him as being more agile than Gallas who sits on 79 aswell. Any opinions?

Is his passing this poor aswell?

Just as a note...there is no CB in the Serie A that is more than a 78 with the exception of Maldini who is at 81...just something to consider as him being more agile will make him a better defender.



theres a few in Romania too :|

I'm against you
User avatar
PMC
 
Posts: 6820
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:51
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby deity86 » 2009 Mar 11, 09:38

jmg721 wrote:
deity86 wrote:It's not something I've paid much attention to but isn't he more agile than this? I see him as being more agile than Gallas who sits on 79 aswell. Any opinions?

Is his passing this poor aswell?

Just as a note...there is no CB in the Serie A that is more than a 78 with the exception of Maldini who is at 81...just something to consider as him being more agile will make him a better defender.

I think it probably is his key. At the moment he relies on his mixture of pace, balance and agility to compensate for his not so great positioning. I was moreso judging on the attacking side of his game.. At this time I see him as a better RB than CB and he's played there alot more recently. I just think when he's dribbling forward he's a little more agile.

User avatar
deity86
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 17:15
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 11, 10:01

As I have stated in MANY threads now. I think as long as he is a registered CB...his stats need to largely represent how he plays as a CB. If you truely feel he is one of the most agile CB's in the world....which he might be. That is fine. But the same goes for players like Santacroce on Napoli. As a RB he looked fluid in space, and as fast as hell. But is that how he plays as a CB...no. He relies more on Response over speed. And to put Santacroce on the level would be an insult to Maldini...not saying Richards is exactly the same as Santacroce, my point is that you have to be careful not to overrate players who can play both CB & SB. Because they will be either too good def & SB. Or too fast & agile at CB. ;)

"The Recoba Effect"
User avatar
jmg721
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby deity86 » 2009 Mar 11, 10:11

I know what you mean, it's quite hard sometimes to find a balance with multi-positional players, especially in Defence. Agility was something I said I wasn't fully sure with, it was just one of those things that he "looks" more agile but I do agree with your point. In the long term I do see him as a top CB he seems to have everything needed to be one, so maybe in future he could deserve an agility update.

As for his passing, have you got any views?

User avatar
deity86
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 17:15
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Micah RICHARDS

Postby PMC » 2009 Mar 11, 10:52

jmg721 wrote:As I have stated in MANY threads now. I think as long as he is a registered CB...his stats need to largely represent how he plays as a CB. If you truely feel he is one of the most agile CB's in the world....which he might be. That is fine. But the same goes for players like Santacroce on Napoli. As a RB he looked fluid in space, and as fast as hell. But is that how he plays as a CB...no. He relies more on Response over speed. And to put Santacroce on the level would be an insult to Maldini...not saying Richards is exactly the same as Santacroce, my point is that you have to be careful not to overrate players who can play both CB & SB. Because they will be either too good def & SB. Or too fast & agile at CB. ;)


Maldini offers more than agility though... and agility is a physical stat such as speed... in my opinion such polivalent players deserve such ratings because that's the reason why they are so valuable...

I'm against you
User avatar
PMC
 
Posts: 6820
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 19:51
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Next

Return to ACF Fiorentina

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests