Right CK: Aboutrieka
Penalties: Hosny

Players to come up on corners:
Wael GOMAA

Older Competitions Rosters:

Confederations Cup 2009
African Cup of Nations 2010

Credits to Anubis

Last edited by anubis_ on 2013 Apr 19, 20:15, edited 11 times in total.
anubis_

by »

Re: EGYPT

Postby AndreVB » 2009 Jun 21, 21:27

You should bring up waht you disagree with specifically in the individual players threads. You should also stop being so fucking biased. Sure they won against Italy and they are a very strong side, but just look in their qualifying group for the coming WC. One point against Zambia and Algeria isn't that impressing. They do not seem to be that consistant and you saw that today against the United States aswell.

AndreVB

Postby GothicSpiky » 2009 Jun 22, 01:35

@ total007, as AndreVB said Egypt is a very inconsistent team, of course the team has their days like Brazil match and some off days like today against the US.

You not being able to play well with the stats of the team as is, doesn't necessarily mean that the stats are not fair and i am underrating the players you love, being a stat maker ( something i cant say about myself anyway, i am just trying to help the community) is about noticing strengths and weaknesses of each player and being able to use the ladders to give each player reasonable values.

So again i am asking you to stop being biased and head to the players individual threads and post your comments, suggestions and we can have a discussion there. you are hijacking the Egypt NT thread, which is not the appropriate place for these sort of discussions.

GothicSpiky

Postby Persee » 2009 Jun 22, 17:21

It will be ok if we stop this conversation and we talk more about Egypt that, like said GothicSpiky, Egypt is a very inconsistent team that you can see in their 3-0 loss against USA. Now lets stop and lets talk about the thread!!!!

P-S: Btw, GothicSpiky, I hope you wont stop making Egyptian players because your stats are good and this thread needs you ;)

Persee

Postby GothicSpiky » 2009 Jun 22, 17:50

Talking about the Egyptian team, i believe the loss to USA is due to some critical errors made by the coach.

Not choosing Mido was a big mistake, he is a very experienced striker with lots of abilities, he should have called him to replace injured Zaki at least.

After two world class displays against two of the world's greatest teams, accumulated fatigue and injuries affected the team very badly in the USA match and it was very obvious that the lack in certain positions was crucial.

The other critical mistake the coach made was the formation, he thought USA would be a piece of cake and so he used a very attacking formation which cost him the loss of midfield, USA had the midfield under their control and kept sending balls to Donovan who is super quick compared to the slow Egyptian defense.

Overall the team didn't live to its potential but i believe they produced some very good displays and proved their abilities, they just need to work on the consistency to become a really dangerous side.

P.S., i am not stopping sam 250, i will continue to post and update players. as soon as i finish exams i will rework my egyptian ladders and compare them to the global ladders and update all players.

GothicSpiky

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Jun 23, 00:04

GothicSpiky wrote:Talking about the Egyptian team, i believe the loss to USA is due to some critical errors made by the coach.

Not choosing Mido was a big mistake, he is a very experienced striker with lots of abilities, he should have called him to replace injured Zaki at least.

After two world class displays against two of the world's greatest teams, accumulated fatigue and injuries affected the team very badly in the USA match and it was very obvious that the lack in certain positions was crucial.

The other critical mistake the coach made was the formation, he thought USA would be a piece of cake and so he used a very attacking formation which cost him the loss of midfield, USA had the midfield under their control and kept sending balls to Donovan who is super quick compared to the slow Egyptian defense.

Overall the team didn't live to its potential but i believe they produced some very good displays and proved their abilities, they just need to work on the consistency to become a really dangerous side.

P.S., i am not stopping sam 250, i will continue to post and update players. as soon as i finish exams i will rework my egyptian ladders and compare them to the global ladders and update all players.
nice observations. i think most african teams suffer from this problem, and also a lack of tactical discipline. Another issue is inexperience with both players and coaches. Glad to hear you're sticking around, I will also do my part and creat more african players, at least those that will participate in next years world cup

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby Helios » 2009 Jun 23, 21:09

The victory of Algeria in Zambia (just few hours before the game) completely sapped and undermined the morale and concentration of Egyptians players as they were hoping for a draw to maintain their chances.

Helios

Postby Ace » 2009 Nov 14, 13:32

this thread wasn't updated since Conf Cup, what happened to GothicSpiky? he's not online since july...

Ace

Postby total007 » 2009 Nov 15, 01:53

i don't know where is he and thread need update and his posts in caf

Egypt ,Al Ahly .
total007

Postby Ace » 2009 Dec 30, 22:23

Announced players for CAN2010

GK: Essam El Hadary (Ismaily), Abdel Wahed Al Sayed (Zamalek), Mahmoud Aboul Saoud (Mansoura).

DF: Wael Gomaa, Sayed Moawad, Ahmed Fathy (Ahly), Mahmoud Fathallah, Hani Saied, Mohamed Abdel Shafi (Zamalek), Moatassem Salem (Ismaily), Ahmed Al Muhammadi (ENPPI), Abdel Zaher El Saka (Eskisehirspor).

MF: Ahmed Hassan (Ahly), Shikabala (Zamalek), Abdul Aziz Tawfik (ENPPI), Ahmed Eid (Harras El Hodoud), Hosny Abd-Rabou (Ahly Dubai), Hossam Ghaly (Al Nasr).

FW: Emad Metab (Ahly), Ahmed Raouf (ENPPI), Al Sayed Hamdi (Petrojet), Mohamed Nagi 'Geddo' (Ittihad), Mohamed Zidan (Dortmund).

updated first post with these players, numbers still not official

Ace

Postby Ace » 2010 Jan 04, 02:07

Added official numbers. Now first post is updated to CAN2010.

Ace

Postby total007 » 2010 Jan 04, 17:09

Abou Treika - injury
Amr Zaki - injury
Mohamed barakat - injury

Last edited by total007 on 2010 Jan 09, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
Egypt ,Al Ahly .
total007

Postby Ace » 2010 Jan 17, 00:06

I heard from an italian radio that egyptian coach called only muslim players for CAN.

Ace

Postby Mouarikh » 2010 Jan 17, 00:15

That is pretty much true, the last Christian to play for the Egyptian national team was Hani Ramzy in 2003. People in Egypt also don't really like Shikabala because he is black.

Egypt isn't a very tolerant country.

I quit the forum. Stop contacting me on pm's please.
Mouarikh

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jan 17, 02:22

TKash wrote:That is pretty much true, the last Christian to play for the Egyptian national team was Hani Ramzy in 2003. People in Egypt also don't really like Shikabala because he is black.

Egypt isn't a very tolerant country.

:lol: thats messed up. People don't like him but wait til he scores in a cup final :)

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby total007 » 2010 Jan 17, 08:07

there is no in egypt white people or black people there is no deference between muslim or christian we are all the same
if u have the list of the 16 team in the egyptian league there is no any christian player that is preforming well so that he could be taken NT , remember hany ramzy when he was the captain of egyptian NT & he was christian ,i don't know why you said that in egypt we all love black people not only we love them we always say that they are the real owners of egypt go back before our competitions u will find that every time the NT play his friendly matchs in Asouan ,
{Shikabala because he is black} i want talk much but shikabala is a troublemaker with his mates & crowd so he doesn't participate much to NT.

Egypt ,Al Ahly .
total007

Postby Mouarikh » 2010 Jan 17, 10:07

I have iived in Cairo,Egypt for six years, aside from constantly visiting it over the years. Egypt has a problem with racism. Hell, even I have dealt with some racism myself because I look Asian.

I don't even need to look far for a example, on the 6th of January (The 7th of January is Christmas according to Coptic Calendar) a Muslim Egyptian went a shot up a Coptic Church in Naga Hamadi killing one person and injuring a few others because a Christian Egyptian raped a muslim girl.

There really isn't a reason to pretend otherwise, Egypt has a lot of good but you just can't ignore the racism. I'm Saudi and I can easily admit racism is a huge problem in Saudi Arabia aside from the oppression and a bunch of other problems.

I quit the forum. Stop contacting me on pm's please.
Mouarikh

Postby total007 » 2010 Jan 17, 10:35

i agree every country in the world have the good & the bad.

Egypt ,Al Ahly .
total007

Postby Oswaldo » 2010 Jan 24, 12:07

Well..I am venezuelan but me and family have transfered to live in the middle east since 2007 for my father job.we visited Egypt twice and we were surprised how people were kind ..they treated us really good although it's very clear we're not egyptians or arabs. I cannot deny that we felt very comfortable there with those simple and kind people just like we in Venezuela. you cannot judge a whole country because some people there behaved bad. Racism is an issue that is faced in every society and throughout the ages. I challenge u to give me a country that doesn't suffer from racism. Even in developed country such as the U.s. some people with the same nationality show racism to each others, and the problem may be worse in developing countries. Anyway i don't think this topic is good to discuss in this thread, but i had to clarify that.sorry.

I don't live in Venezuela, but Venezuela lives in me
Descansa en paz, Roberto
Te echaré de menos
Oswaldo

Postby Ace » 2010 Jan 29, 23:20

anubis wrote:this is ok with me .. but i wanna ask a question .. if we suggested stats will u post it ?

To suggest stats you must write in players' threads, not here :)

BTW, I cleaned the topic.

Ace

Postby Ace » 2010 Feb 26, 14:20

New call-ups:

GK: Essam Al Hadari (Ismaili), Abdelwahed Al Sayed (Zamalek), Mahmoud Aboulsaoud (Mansoura)

DF: Mohamed Abdelshafi (Zamalek), Ahmed Al Muhammadi (ENPPI), Abdelzaher Al Saqqa (Eskisehirspor), Mahmoud Fathallah (Zamalek), Ahmed Fathi, Wael Gomaa, Sayed Moawad (Al Ahli), Hani Said (Zamalek), Moatasem Salem (Ismaili)

MF: Hosni Abd Rabou (Al Ahli), Mohamed Aboutrika (Al Ahli), Hossam Ghali (Al Nasr), Ahmed Hassan (Al Ahli), Mahmoud Shikabala (Zamalek), Abdelaziz Tawfiq (ENPPI)

FW: Ahmed Eid (Haras Hodoud), Sayed Hamdi (Petrojet), Emad Motaeb (Al Ahli), Mohamed Nagui (Ittihad), Ahmed Raouf (ENPPI), Amr Zaki (Hull City), Mohamed Zidan (Borussia Dortmund)
---
25 names, it's CAN team plus Aboutreika and Zaki. By now I don't think we have to change first post.

Ace

PreviousNext

Return to CAF