Sergio Canales

Moderators: JuLiTo, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Fixer, Xyder, Mod's

Sergio Canales

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Nov 25, 16:01

Last edited by Fevernova on 2010 Jul 09, 12:49, edited 4 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Sergio CANALES Madrazo

Postby fastre » 2010 Jan 11, 00:02

It's true that there are something wrog in this stats (for example he isn't as slow as Raúl), but as you should know we can't judge a player for one game... IMO we should wait at least 2 o 3 match to make suggestions

Last edited by fastre on 2010 Jan 11, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
fastre

Postby SportingGijón » 2010 Jan 11, 06:37

fastre wrote:It's true that there are something wrog in this stats (for example he isn't as slow as Pique ), but as you should know we can't judge a player for one game... IMO we should wait at least 2 o 3 match to make suggestions

I think It's true It's better to see more of his qualities to make a general update, btw wonderful Image :)

10th will be on Santiago Bernabéu...
SportingGijón

Postby Arnau » 2010 Jan 11, 21:55

I hear he have some stamina problems so 77 its maybe to much for him i suggest 70.

Arnau

Postby SportingGijón » 2010 Jan 11, 22:06

Arnau wrote:I hear he have some stamina problems so 77 its maybe to much for him i suggest 70.

Maybe that hye's a young boy? :lol:

10th will be on Santiago Bernabéu...
SportingGijón

Postby JuLiTo » 2010 Jan 12, 16:25

JuLiTo

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 12, 16:36

julitoveredon wrote:

What are U trying to prove with this vid, Julito? That he had an excellent performance? We all know that, but we can´t go changing stats here and there every time someone plays a great game. For example, in my opionion Higuain is becoming one of the best finishers in the world, yet, he stil has 82 for SA, you see? It ain´t that easy...really.

"Our ancestors created fire...it changed humanity. We created PES...same results"
Fevernova

Postby JuLiTo » 2010 Jan 12, 17:09

I do not want to demonstrate anything, only that his current stats are ridiculous in my opinion, to amply demonstrated at least a small rise, but do not insist until you play 50 games :lol: :?

JuLiTo

Postby Xyder » 2010 Jan 12, 17:16

julitoveredon wrote:

Damn boy :evil: :roll:

Well he is clearly the revelation of La Liga, more than Muniain, IMO we need to give to him more time (Pedro is doing well since pre-season and it's recently updated), he showed an amazing level, but like Pedrito, we need to be sure that is his natural quality and not a fitness/consistency peak. From the litlle I have seen him, I was really impressed with his goals against Sevilla, but he has one quality that I like so much, he controls the ball with both feet, and then twist so fast to put the ball away from the keeper. He use that versus Espanyol and Madrid and reminds me a little to Pedro.
This guy reserve an update for sure, but be patient friends, with this stats we can make a first idea about him, but it's to soon to make a general update.
I will remind you that in this forum aren't allowed put new set of stats without a great explanation (not only 2 or 3 lines of text), and please discuss Higuain's things in Higuain's thread, I personally think that some stats need to be updated, but I want good suggestions of experienced people, not only a newcomer that says "He score alot, upgrade SA by 5 points!" for example, I know you can make more precise and logical suggestions ;)

Xyder

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 12, 17:30

Xyder wrote:please discuss Higuain's things in Higuain's thread, I personally think that some stats need to be updated, but I want good suggestions of experienced people, not only a newcomer that says "He score alot, upgrade SA by 5 points!" for example, I know you can make more precise and logical suggestions ;)

I was just making a point, Xyder. Thanks for backing me up in the sudden update crisis!! ;)

"Our ancestors created fire...it changed humanity. We created PES...same results"
Fevernova

Postby N3KR0 » 2010 Jan 19, 07:44

N3KR0

Postby Markulur » 2010 Jan 19, 21:33

It's incredible how the media do what they want with people's minds... With 2 appearances, he seems the most promising player of the world and the most wanted transfer for teams like Real Madrid... Honestly, he needs a lot to show yet and sure that, if he goes to a big team, he will be nothing on the future.

I'm agree with julito that first post doesn't represent Canales considering this ridiculous 74 on attack being one of his good points, his tactical knowleadge on the box and breaking the line. Do you considerate him close to Pennant or Filipe?

We have another similar case on Agression on this ... 74. Did you saw how he is always trying to break the defence line?

Passing and TW are a bit wrong too seeing how he connects with his teammates and his decent passing.

We have to be patient until the end of the season at least, but we have to rate him at least considering his style. On first post he seems a totally different player.

PD: It's tiring to see how easy is to put a compilation video of only two/three matches on topics that has began recently here without any explanation. Explanations and comparations please!

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 20, 16:41

Updated (Based on recent performances, vids and suggests from fastre, Xyder, julito, Markulur and Co.:

ATT - 74 < 78
TS - 78 < 80
ACC - 79 < 82
RESP- 75 < 77
DA - 78 < 79
SPS - 73 < 77
LPA - 77 < 80
LPS - 74 < 76
SA - 71 < 75
SP - 76 < 77
ST - 79 < 80
TEC - 82 < 83
AGG - 74 < 77
TW - 74 < 77

Let's not forget that up until now, he's had a few great games, but that doesn't mean he is Michael Owen, who at this age scored the 98 WC best goal,a gainst a huge team and was playing for one of the best teams in the Premiership.

Canales it's still at a rather easy team to show-off, not much competition, I'm pretty sure that if he was in Real or Barça he´d be a normal developing player, not a genius as some are already suggesting...This is my final call, at least for now.

Thanks!

Fevernova

Re: Sergio CANALES

Postby JuLiTo » 2010 Jan 20, 18:18

I feel good for now, but we shall see if it continues its progression ;)

JuLiTo

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2010 Jan 20, 18:30

I think we can close this thread until the end of season.

brazilianpesfan

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 20, 19:22

msf_1992 wrote:I think we can close this thread until the end of season.

Definately a good suggestion. ;)

Fevernova

Postby Xyder » 2010 Jan 20, 20:24

Ok, then I close the thread until the finish of La Liga 09/10 ;)

Xyder

Postby Xyder » 2010 Mar 17, 13:58

Well, thanks to s_cobar I'll return to evo web with the notice about a new set of Canales, by our friend GoonerLover66. If anyone haven't see it, I'll post it here as a source of information and if you're ok we can update this thread with Tom's suggestions about Canales, waiting for the creator of the set if he had to add something.

GoonerLover66 in evo-web wrote:

In the modern footballing world it remains hard to be an undiscovered gem. Scouting starts at an early age, with players as young as seven often being brought into a professional football club’s academy. There is a huge demand to know about the “next big thing” and how to acquire them at the cheapest possible cost, and this invested interest in scouting has made football very small in a way. A team’s young trump card is no longer hidden or surprising simply because the young player has been followed throughout his short life, and this is very much the case with Sergio Canales. His progression and career has been recorded on You Tube over the last ten years, with one of the videos I have provided with this update being footage of a 12 year old Canales playing a match, and by being thrust into the public eye at such a tender age with such visible ability has resulted in countless teams fighting over his signature on their contract. In 2006, fifty percent of the rights to Canales were bought by Deportivo de La Coruña in a deal involving the transaction of numerous other players (including Pedro Munitis and Dudu Aouate) between the two clubs - a deal rather impressive for a player who hadn’t played a single minute of first team action for Racing Santander at the time. In fact Canales only made his debut for the Racing Santander first team last season in a UEFA Cup match against FC Honka, yet his appearances last season were restricted purely to appearances off the bench and not through full matches. But it was Miguel Ángel Portugal’s appointment this season that has seen Canales explode onto the scene with a flurry of stupendous goals against superior opposition, and has thus driven the Spanish media into a driveling frenzy. But no performance goes unnoticed and, as I stated before, resulted in Real Madrid acquiring Canales for the rather surprising transfer value of €4,5 million, a real bargain compared to many youngsters showing the slightest amount of potential, and for him to be transferred to Los Blancos at the end of the current La Liga season. Many questions have arisen regarding this move; will Canales now squander on the bench? Or will he be given the chance and take to a higher stage and realise his true potential? Will he learn from the elder players at Real Madrid? Or will he be daunted by their superior transfer fees and thus cloister himself in the process. Only time will tell.

VIDEOS:

EXPLANATION:

Positional Sense
If there is one thing that Canales has proved time and time again for Racing Santander, it is that he can play a defensive line [u]unbelievably[u] well. There are few youngsters that can exploit the offside trap like Canales can, and it is that very reason why few youngsters score as often as Canales. He knows how to punish a defender for the slightest of mishaps or losses in concentration. His positional sense, his vision if you like, combined with his immediate burst of pace has made him a lethal player in the La Liga, a league famed for it’s pace and so it makes you wonder how dangerous he could potentially be as a player in any other league.

Agility
Like countless young Spanish midfielders current plying their trade in the La Liga, Sergio Canales has the same physical skill to pivot and turn with total ease. His movements are very fluid and, whilst he may not do it to the same degree as Perotti, Jesus Navas or Santi Cazorla, it enables him to move and cut through opposing players with total ease – although don’t confuse this statement, it doesn’t mean that he warrants the Mazing Run card. His body swerves and the odd feint prove him to be a difficult player to keep track of or mark, and his ability to turn swiftly when in possession of the ball makes him a player that can score from almost anywhere in the box – and it has shown.

Passing
Now, there’s one aspect about Sergio Canales that people seem to spout whenever discussing the lad. They say that his passing is absolutely terrific. A stand out aspect of his play. They’ll draw comparisons between him and the likes of Guti and Fabregas. Bollocks! You could name, at the minimum, 30 young players who are significantly better than him when it comes to passing. Canales is an alright passer, and in the final third he can play a good pass, whether it be a ground pass or a long pass, but to draw such comparisons to such playmakers is certainly over the top. Heck, to even put Canales into the yellows for his Short Pass Accuracy would be pushing it. Sure, he has the power and pace behind his passes, but his style of passing is mostly economical and he will fairly often pass the ball to the opposition. To put Canales at an 80+ value for his Short Pass Accuracy would compromise the difference between himself and his other colleagues such as Colsa, Lacen and Munitis, who are both certainly superior to Canales in this department. One thing also said continuously about Canales is that he has excellent vision. Now this isn’t a necessarily incorrect thing to say about Canales, but the interpretation of what this means has become incorrect. The “vision” lies more in his ability to play the line at a phenomenal standard for a young midfielder, or his ability to exploit space or his movements to make that final pass played to him count. So, to be blunt, he has the anticipation to get into good positions to make a goal-scoring opportunity or, to be blunt, attacking positional sense. But in terms of the vision of his passing, well, it’s not bad but, like I’ve said before, you’ll see countless young playmakers superior to him in this department. He can play an accurate long pass in a dead-ball situation, that’s certainly true, and that thus shows a good understanding of his team-mates movements – but that’s more a repeated training ground procedure rather than the foresight to pass the ball into an exploitative space. He’s simply just a mezza punta, and his passing is highly indicative

Shooting
Canales is often described as being cool when shooting, an adroit finisher if you will. This one statement, released onto the internet by some journalist or blogger, has driven the media into an absolute frenzy, claiming that he is the solution to every club’s weaknesses and that he’s the next Julen Guerrero or Rafael Van Der Vaart, and whilst the goals that he has scored are certainly evocative of the aforementioned at their peaks, there is still quite a large amount of practice he needs to complete before he’s even close to being mentioned in the same league as the previously mentioned players. There is still rashness to his shooting, although conveniently for Canales a highlights reel will scarcely show that. Take the match against Sevilla, Canales scored two exquisite goals, there’s no doubt about that. But how many people took notice of the three shots he took before the first goal? All of which were skied high because, unbeknownst to any logical person, he decided to volley them all with his first touch even though, for two of the shots at least, he definitely had the time and capability to take more touches and get even closer to the goal. I’m not sure what was the cause for this exactly, an over confidence in his ability (Although one of the other areas of his playing style would contradict this)? An over eagerness to make his mark on the game? A desire to perform the spectacular? Who knows? However, this should not be construed as me stating that Canales is a poor finisher, I don’t believe that by any means in fact his finishing is very accomplished and ahead of many forwards, let alone midfielders, of his age. The fact is, Sergio Canales needs to refine his finishing further. Yes, he’s scored a fantastic amount of goals given his appearances, but the principle of the matter is that he could have scored a lot more.

Weaker Foot
One of the more peculiar traits of Canales is his usage of his opposite foot. However, his proclivity to use his left foot instead of his right can be considered one of his foibles. Whilst he did use his right foot for the two touches he made when he scored against Valladolid (URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqPjNZ_Tog), it paints an all too incorrect picture about his inclination to use his right foot, for it truly is quite a rarity for him to use his right foot. In fact, you could class it as being one of his foibles. There are too many scenarios where, with several opposing players on him, he’ll inconveniently use his left foot, rather than his right, and thus lose possession or make a doomed pass. Granted, this can be perceived as that paradigm case of young players rushing their movements, but if you watch his forays forward when dribbling with the ball, you’ll see that he only uses his left foot, rather comparable to Sevilla’s Diego Capel - although Diego Capel is genuinely crap with his opposite foot, so it’s not really the best comparison. It’s rather frustrating really, he has the control and ability in his opposite foot yet he doesn’t use it that often, and clearly favouring his left. Perhaps it’s a lack of confidence towards his left foot, or perhaps he’s trying to keep it secret from the opposing players like a trump card of sorts; whatever the reason may be, it certainly draws you to wonder about his future potential with utter intrigue and curiosity, about the enigma that Sergio Canales may be.

Free Roaming
Rather interestingly, Canales has not truly been pinned down to a set role within the team per se. Granted, he is an attacking midfielder, but one who has been assigned a free role with a literal “I’ll do what I like” attitude encouraged by Miguel Ángel Portugal, and in this free role he is encouraged to go forward at any given opportunity. He’s always attacking the goal and tends to be the player furthest forward for Racing, and it is this that’ll often lead you to believe that Serrano, Munitis, Xisco and Tchité are being lazy when really it’s simply a case of Canales having a real gung-ho attitude. Although you could plausibly argue that this is a flaw in his playing style, his inclination to charge forward at any given moment often results in him being caught offside with some frequency and often completely out of action when a counter attacking move is instigated against Racing. Although, a lot of his being “out of action” can be pointed to his refusal to track back or use unnecessary energy, and I suppose this feature of Canales is rather comparable to that of Andrei Arshavin.

Xyder

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2010 Mar 17, 14:04

damn, this set is awesome. 1st post please :mrgreen:

brazilianpesfan

Postby s-cobar » 2010 Mar 17, 14:07

I love this set, that`s the reason why I sent it to Xyder.

s-cobar

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Mar 17, 16:10

Xyder wrote:waiting for the creator of the set if he had to add something.

There´s really not much to add, Xyder. Excellent analysis, however, I was searching for the set in evo-web, but I couldn´t find it, is there a direct link or something?

BTW, I´m still sending you my update of the stats (almost completed), and togheter we can decide what to do. I think for now, I can make a selection of Gooner´s Info text and add it to the first post, OK? ;)

Fevernova

PreviousNext

Return to Real Sociedad