Landry N'Guémo

Moderators: mat880, conker8, nonobus, Helios, Adrien, Mod's

Landry N'Guémo

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jul 20, 01:07

Played very well when Nancy finished in Top 4. Defensive midfielders able to bring the ball forward are usually quality in the French league. He's got stamina and heart, and still young. Kind of player you don't really know if he's already at his best or can get even better. I think he didn't like Correa's management (French football answer to Strachan), and Mowbray should appeal him.

Landry is certainly an enigma, he himself doesn't even seem to know what is his best position, its obvious though that he is a midfielder, as he lacks the tactical nous to be a defender and the shooting ability to be a forward, but he has a great engine and can easily finish the full ninety and his pacy is tidy as well as he always looks to play the ball forward to creat attacking situations. He's also a very good tackler and will track back to cover others mistakes. *cough*Samaras*cough*

One part of Landry's game which could really improve is his consistency or, lack of it for that matter, he either seems to play a blinder or go completely missing, which is extremely irritating for a fan to watch, but even with his inconsistency he does add something to the Celtic midfield which was much needed, bite and ferocity, compensates for his lack of aerial prowess with his crunching tackles, and Zhi and to an extent, Ki will both add the height to the midfield to win aerial battles when needed, even though both need to bulk up, and develop a mindset close to McCulloch, where'd they'd potentially become a bruiser.

His workrate is excellent, he covers every inch of grass but his shooting is pathetic (Surely a footballer should be able to strike a ball cleanly, are the coaches working on this, his shot last week in 2nd half was his best since he arrived) and he isn't the tidiest player because he loses the ball in dangerous areas which is due to him dwelling on the ball at times. However, he is a player that Celtic do seem to miss when he doesnt feature and he has fight and determination in him which is always good to see, he wins his fair amount of tackles also.

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Landry N'GUÉMO

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Aug 11, 06:37

He`s better in LPA, he play real good long passes from the defense, more accurate than 73.

I would say the LPA in the green and the LPS in the yellow area

s-cobar

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 11, 06:49

I'm not going to say these stats are perfect and his long passing may very well be underrated, I think he short passing is the better of the duo though. I'm not sure about having his LPS above his SPS.

Paddy

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Aug 11, 06:56

I`ve seen him in France last season (just some games). I just saw a few short passes over 7 or 8 meters but a lot of long passes, but maybe we wait until he got some games for Celtic.

Wanna Mowbray use him in the starting lineup or is he just a sub?

and what the hell are you doing here? it´s just 7:00 am for you. :o :lol:

s-cobar

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 11, 07:11

It's 8.10am? Also, I don't sleep ;) At all, I dunno why? Mowbray will start him I'd say, he adds a bit of bit to the challenges in the centre of the park, I'll evaluate his Long Passing a bit more as I see a few more games ;):) Thanks for the input.

Paddy

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Aug 11, 07:44

I will look at him, cause I can watch the complete SPL this season.

s-cobar

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 11, 07:48

:D I'll be expecting a lot of posts in the SPL from you then ;)

Paddy

Postby Madrid-Fan » 2009 Aug 24, 14:52

i think he should be a CMF*/DMF

Madrid-Fan

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 05, 15:30

Naturally he's a DMF* and then a CMF. Since Brown is the Out and out attacking of the duo I still feel he's going to be used as a DMF*.

Paddy

Postby Cold_Mac » 2009 Dec 27, 18:24

Imo he is a DMF.
Defence must be raised, his tacklings are very well timed and well executed but on the same way its obvious that he doesn't support the attack enough...
Maybe Def 76 and Attack 65?

Cold_Mac

Postby Paddy » 2009 Dec 27, 19:00

I think Attack 66 is fair, although a raise in Defence is any should be minimal something like a 73 or 74, I could give him sliding, his shots are terrible, they should definitely be brought down.

Paddy

Postby Cold_Mac » 2009 Dec 27, 19:31

Sliding would be fair.
Konami gave him 55 in SA :lol: but I would not rate him much higher.
60 Maybe and ST at the same leve.
Only one shot on target this season and if he shots the ball goes usually wide off target even more than the world famous, world class striker Sebo does.

Cold_Mac

Postby Paddy » 2010 Feb 27, 15:47

I've given him an update and added a nice description.

Paddy

Postby BiG TeL » 2010 Feb 27, 19:40

Paddy, you seem to know perfectly Celtic players (and all SPL players I think). Could you start adding cards to them please?

Thanks for all your work.

PS: I'm thinking on P14 - Enforcer for N'Guémo.

BiG TeL

Postby Josh » 2010 Feb 27, 23:32

Yeah, I think Enforcer would suit him well, maybe Anchor Man as well.

Josh

Postby Paddy » 2010 Feb 28, 14:16

BiG TeL wrote:Paddy, you seem to know perfectly Celtic players (and all SPL players I think). Could you start adding cards to them please?

Thanks for all your work.

PS: I'm thinking on P14 - Enforcer for N'Guémo.

Thanks for the compliment, I'll try to start adding them when I start updating the stats to my OF. It's a lot of work. He could definitely have Enforcer, due to his nature of hustling attackers and his crunching tackles.

Big J wrote:Yeah, I think Enforcer would suit him well, maybe Anchor Man as well.

I'm not sure about Anchor Man, I don't think he's so defensive that he always stays back in front of the back line, he could probably have it but I'm not sure, would you really rate him as that "deep-sitting" of a midfielder? He seems to be less disciplined than a player who'd deserve it.

Paddy

Postby Josh » 2010 Feb 28, 20:31

I think you have got a point about Anchor Man, he would also need Slide Tackle on top of Enforcer.

Josh

Postby Paddy » 2010 Feb 28, 21:05

Sure, I'll add them, anything to say about the stats?

Paddy

Postby Josh » 2010 Feb 28, 21:10

I think the stats look pretty good, though I think his response could be yellow and his LPA green.
What's your thoughts.

Josh

Postby Paddy » 2010 Feb 28, 21:14

In regards to his response he can be a bit lackadaisical at times and he can miss simples balls passing by him, and at times his reading of the game can be somewhat poor. Sort of explains why he has 6 yellows this year.

As for his crossing, its a bit bogey at times, were it to be raised I'd prefer a 74/75

Paddy

Next

Return to FC Girondins de Bordeaux