Pavel PARDO

Moderator: Mod's

Pavel PARDO

Postby Heui » 2008 Dec 13, 20:41

After legendary Zvonimir Soldo retired in June 2006, Stuttgart were in desperate need of a quality defensive midfielder to at least partly fill the huge gap Soldo had left. For a decade had the 189cm tall Croatian been one of the dominating figure in Stuttgart’s midfield, backing the likes of Krassimir Balakov or Aliaksandr Hleb.
Bringing in Pardo was what can be called the best signing since having signed Meira from Benfica.
Right from the start did Pardo do what everyone expected him to do: being a worthy successor of Stuttgart legend Soldo
Yet, I’m gonna go into more detail later on after having given u some information on Pardo’s career. :P

Pardo’s career started in 1993 at the age of 17 at Atlas de Guadalajara, the local team of his home town; one of quite a number of similarities between his and Meira’s career tbh.
After five years there, he made his way to UAG Tecos where he only stayed one season before being signed by Mexican giants Club América. What did I just say bout similarities between their careers? :D
He spent 7 quite successful years in Mexico-City where he won two Championships, before he was signed by Stuttgart in summer 2006, making him and fellow Mexican Ricardo Osorio, who Stuttgart signed from Cruz Azul, the first Mexicans in Bundesliga.

Pardo’s play is very much alike Meira’s in terms of anticipation and determination though the Mexican also has other strengths which make him very important for his team.
Yet, since he is the successor for Soldo, comparisons between them are legal and should be made. Soldo’s play was dominated by physicality which was not really astonishing since he stood at 189/88. Considering the fact that Pardo is only 175/69 it could be doubted that he is able to take it to his opponents in the same way Soldo did. WRONG! :P Pardo is not only able to bring it to the opponent’s players physically, he is also one of those who you need as a true #6 coz he knows when to commit a (rather hard) foul to wake up the team and make a statement on the pitch. Those were qualities Soldo was loved for by Stuttgart fans and they now love Pardo for.
Nevertheless, Pardo’s play doesn’t only consist of chopping players down. He has great vision which is one of the most important features a DM should have to be successful (see “importance of the DM” discussion PLF’s thread). Pardo is able to play pinpoint passes to team mates, be it from deep down in his team’s half or as a nice through ball to open the opponent’s defence.
Besides him being physically and technically gifted, his main asset is his mental strength. Pardo simply keeps going just like Meira till the final whistle blows, another quality Stuttgart fans highly appreciated in Soldo.

by Red_Phoenix

Last edited by Heui on 2008 Dec 28, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Heui

by »

Re: Pavel PARDO

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 13, 03:58

You are helpless :|

This isn't an opinion...you are disputing facts :lol:

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 13, 05:52

jmg721 wrote:You are helpless :|

This isn't an opinion...you are disputing facts :lol:

OK u know everything better Mr cocky! Image

Jaxinho

Postby Shini Kahn » 2009 Aug 13, 06:37

Jaxinho, where are you from? I assure you that Mexico is NA, it doesnt matter that we consider us latinos. We consider us latinos because we speak spanish. It has nothing to do with the division between the different Americas. Following your reasoning Spain should be considered as Central or South America because the speak spanish as well.

Us mexicans consider ourselves latinos because we speak spanish and not for anything else.

http://forofutbol.2000paginas.com/
Shini Kahn

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 13, 07:09

Shini Kahn wrote:Jaxinho, where are you from? I assure you that Mexico is NA, it doesnt matter that we consider us latinos. We consider us latinos because we speak spanish. It has nothing to do with the division between the different Americas. Following your reasoning Spain should be considered as Central or South America because the speak spanish as well.

Us mexicans consider ourselves latinos because we speak spanish and not for anything else.

Am from Ecuador. And just speaking spanish dont means ur a Latino. Latinos are a mixed race who are mainly living in South(Latin) America and also in Central America. As Indigenas (real native Americans) are the real latinos but then got mixed mainly with black(West African heritage) and whites (European mainly from Italy,Portugal and Spain). But in the end we are all Latinos. Not cause only we are speaking spanish cause we are based here since alot of years and made our own huge culture what is world wide unique. Cant find in US America cant find in Europe or Africa!

Jaxinho

Postby Shini Kahn » 2009 Aug 13, 07:19

Jaxinho wrote:
Shini Kahn wrote:Jaxinho, where are you from? I assure you that Mexico is NA, it doesnt matter that we consider us latinos. We consider us latinos because we speak spanish. It has nothing to do with the division between the different Americas. Following your reasoning Spain should be considered as Central or South America because the speak spanish as well.

Am from Ecuador. And just speaking spanish dont means ur a Latino. Latinos are a mixed race who are mainly living in South(Latin) America and also in Central America. As Indigenas (real native Americans) are the real latinos but then got mixed mainly with black(West African heritage) and whites (European mainly from Italy,Portugal and Spain). But in the end we are all Latinos. Not cause only we are speaking spanish cause we are based here since alot of years and made our own huge culture what is world wide unique. Cant find in US America cant find in Europe or Africa!

Now I tell you. If I'm mexican, and I'm telling you that Mexico (my country) is from NA, how can you tell me that I'm wrong? Think that I don't knoe about geography related to MY COUNTRY? C'mon dude.

http://forofutbol.2000paginas.com/
Shini Kahn

Postby Tom » 2009 Aug 13, 09:18

Jaxinho wrote:
tamaguchi_japa wrote:Israel is also from geography betwenn Asia(middle east) and North Africa but they still counting in UEFA since they more Europeans.

Not true. Israel left the AFC because the football teams of other AFC nations refused to play against them due to Israel's geopolitical situation, and in 1974 Israel left because their position was - in their own words - untenable. They started playing games against European opposition because they were one of the continents willing to play them and in 1994 Israel recieved full UEFA membership.

Jaxinho: Mexico is in North America whether you like it or not. Whilst there is a direct contrast of cultures between Mexico and USA/Canada, that is only because of each country's own history (USA has built its history on it's English and German ancestors, Canada on its English/French heritage and Mexico with it's affiliation with Spain). Whilst Mexico embellish Hispanic culture, it does not mean that they are geographically part of South America (Another area of Earth in which there is a strong Spanish/Portugese history). Moreover, in the UN Mexico has been specified as being in North America

jmg721: There are more than 3 countries in the North American continent. There has often been dispute about whether the Central Americas (i.e. Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, St Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda etc.) are part of North America or are a continent in their own right. However since the late 1950's, when the USA started to import and trade with Central American countries to a greater degree and emigration to the US increased almost ten-fold (i.e. from Dominica and Puerto Rico), the affiliation seems to have blossomed and generally most countries (within that central region) would class themselves as being North American. Having said that, some countries within that region still class themselves as being part of the British Commonwealth ;)

So all this geographical debating can cease now, trust me I'm a Sporcler.

Tom

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 13, 14:10

Shini Kahn wrote:
Jaxinho wrote:

Now I tell you. If I'm mexican, and I'm telling you that Mexico (my country) is from NA, how can you tell me that I'm wrong? Think that I don't knoe about geography related to MY COUNTRY? C'mon dude.

Dont matter really if ur Mexican or not. Many Mexicans say as well that Mexico is a huge part of central America. But i agree that Mexico is very near to USA but for me still more C.America then N.America.

If Mexico is really a member of North America why Mexicans cant come and go just like that to USA or Canada? But Canadians can join easily to USA or Americans to Canada as well.

Jaxinho

Postby Tom » 2009 Aug 13, 18:11

Jaxinho: North America is a continent, Central America is a colloquial name used to describe the "bridge-like" land-mass between the two bulks of land mass.

Secondly, immigration policy has nothing to do with being on the continent or not :lol:

Tom

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 13, 18:19

This guy is unbelievable. :shock:

And the immigration process is the same for Mexico and Canada. It is just that Mexicans are know for immigrating illegally...that is why it is such a big deal.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 13, 18:22

What an interesting read.

Paddy

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 14, 00:11

jmg721 wrote:This guy is unbelievable. :shock:

And the immigration process is the same for Mexico and Canada. It is just that Mexicans are know for immigrating illegally...that is why it is such a big deal.

Nah its about they categorizing people from country to country and some other issues. The same for blacks in USA there is surely still a hided racism. Any intiligent black would agree with me on this. Love it or hate it but its the reality.

Jaxinho

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 14, 00:23

GoonerLover66 wrote:Jaxinho: North America is a continent, Central America is a colloquial name used to describe the "bridge-like" land-mass between the two bulks of land mass.

Secondly, immigration policy has nothing to do with being on the continent or not :lol:

Yea i know just like caribbean or middle eastern.

So the other central American countries also count as North America ? NO!

But if u ask is central Americans are more closer to North or South i would say South.

Especially Mexican teams and even Costa Rican,Hondurian teams should have more rights for joining Copa Libertadores. They will bring more competion to the Latin football.

I believe every true Mexican football fan would love to see their teams much more in Copa Libertadores.

But can never imagine a American or Canadian club inside that competion. They can continue to play in they own silly CONCACAF champions league.

Jaxinho

Postby Oriello » 2009 Sep 01, 22:39

Jaxinho there are only seven continents in the world; 'Central America' is not one of them, it is a region, and according to Rand McNally belongs to North America. So if you still got a problem take it up with him.

And for the second most distressing issue in this thread;

Jaxinho wrote:@ jmg721

Say what? Seriously what u Americans now about geography and culture? Fast food all day.

What is wrong with that?
You sir have clearly never enjoyed an Uncle Burger!

Now that I got you salivating I can tell, Jaxinho you are like me - a connoisseur and only the finest will do so I recommend a Bacon Cheddar Double from Johnny Rockets--or better yet I am going to have to recommend a Quadruple Bypass Burger.

Look at that, service with a smile! Now thats what I call classy. =)

And if you double post reply me like you did everyone else I just might have to bitch slap you. ;P

And JefityJeffJeff :?: thank you for peaking my interest with that 'Sporcler' remark, I just discovered one can know all the countries in Europe but still time out after 8 minutes, on the account of me being a terrible speller and failing to get Herzegovina, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg, right for over 3 min. :roll: :lol: I do not know what went wrong I slammed my keyboard and even swore a few times...should have worked. And Turkey part of Europe, not what I was taught, only a sliver in Europe the rest is supposed to be grouped under Asia. :?

Also I think Pavel is 33 years old now July 26th 1976 is his birthdate.

Oriello

Postby Ken » 2009 Sep 01, 22:45

This is PSD, not an online Geography class. Let's get back to business !!

Ken

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 02, 01:07

Oriello wrote:

Look at that, service with a smile! Now thats what I call classy. =)

I think I just fell in love...

I'm against you
PMC

Postby Mouarikh » 2009 Sep 03, 00:26

With the girl or the burger? My guess would be the burger since the girl isn't that good looking.

I quit the forum. Stop contacting me on pm's please.
Mouarikh

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 04, 12:42

I'm hungry now... Thanks Oriello.

Paddy

Postby PIPA23 » 2009 Dec 05, 10:39

TKash wrote:With the girl or the burger? My guess would be the burger since the girl isn't that good looking.

both are good looking imo :D

PIPA23

Postby Tom » 2009 Dec 05, 10:44

This has got to go down as one of the most off-topic but funniest player's stats thread. It would definitely come up in a list of the greatest PSD threads

Tom

Postby Stringerbell » 2009 Dec 06, 02:07

I cant believe the boundaries of North and South America are being argued. From Alaska to Panama is North America. On a side note however I agree with these stats wish there were more America players on the database though...

Stringerbell

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players