Michael Carrick

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Michael Carrick

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:02

Spoiler: show
Talented holding midfielder, Carrick has won over 10 caps for England at international level. He joined Manchester United in 2006 from West Ham and has played regular first team football since his arrival. During the 2007/08 season he made a good contribution in both domestic and UEFA Champions League competition despite his manager's rotation policy. Carrick has impressive vision, distribution and good positional sense.

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr_OHQcAv1Q

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 30, 09:04, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Michael CARRICK

Postby imi » 2009 May 28, 15:49

stamina 87
he is always on runing and never stop in full time.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

imi

Postby Rfuna » 2009 May 28, 15:57

imi wrote:stamina 87
Carrick? Running :? ?

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby Ken » 2009 May 28, 16:26

I think it is the case of mentality rather than stamina

Ken

Postby imi » 2009 May 29, 04:46

Rfuna wrote:
imi wrote:stamina 87
Carrick? Running :? ?

yes u can see end of the each half time that is the first or second person that ran higher that others.
yes some players dont show that they run in match but thats our mistake that dont attention to some slow CM or DM players but we should that for every attack and defending they must go forward and back.

imi

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 26, 21:15

I think he could use some changes, so where better to start than the A/D ratio. A 72/75 is just too much for my liking, it makes jhim too much like a box-to-box mifdfielder and thats not his style, I think a two point drop in both areas would suit him more, he likes to just kind of sit around in the middle of the park spraying passes about. His balance could probably be lower too, he isn't a battler in the middle of the park and this value makes him stronger than the likes of Scholes and Mascherano, I don't need to tell you thats incorrect. I think an 81 would suit him better, it will allow him to hold his own, but he won't be a midfield bulldozer. His agility could also get raised a notch, considering his height and weight, he can turn fairly freely, and I don't think a 79 would be injustice.

His DS could also be raised, he does slow down on the ball, but a 74 is just harsh. He could probably be around a 78 value, as he relies more on control than speed anyway. His SA and ST could also be swapped, I do think he relies more ion accuracy than striking of the ball, and often struggles to shoot under pressure, but when he has a free shot, he can be fairly accurate, SP could also go down a point, as his shots aren't as powerful as Kuyt or Riera's.Lower FKA too, he doesn't take free-kicks and when he does there from long distance, so thats related to LPA and not FKA, a 74 on par with Fabregas should do. I'd also raise his curling, his passes get a very good amount of curl on his passes and should be much higher, I'd go for an 83 value. His aerial stats can also come down, he very rarely headers but he occasionally jumps to control it with his chest, his header could probably be around 69, and his jump about 78. He doesn'yt need *Covering either, so that can go.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Jez » 2009 Aug 27, 00:44

Vandeach wrote:I think he could use some changes, so where better to start than the A/D ratio. A 72/75 is just too much for my liking, it makes jhim too much like a box-to-box mifdfielder and thats not his style, I think a two point drop in both areas would suit him more, he likes to just kind of sit around in the middle of the park spraying passes about. His balance could probably be lower too, he isn't a battler in the middle of the park and this value makes him stronger than the likes of Scholes and Mascherano, I don't need to tell you thats incorrect. I think an 81 would suit him better, it will allow him to hold his own, but he won't be a midfield bulldozer. His agility could also get raised a notch, considering his height and weight, he can turn fairly freely, and I don't think a 79 would be injustice.

His DS could also be raised, he does slow down on the ball, but a 74 is just harsh. He could probably be around a 78 value, as he relies more on control than speed anyway. His SA and ST could also be swapped, I do think he relies more ion accuracy than striking of the ball, and often struggles to shoot under pressure, but when he has a free shot, he can be fairly accurate, SP could also go down a point, as his shots aren't as powerful as Kuyt or Riera's.Lower FKA too, he doesn't take free-kicks and when he does there from long distance, so thats related to LPA and not FKA, a 74 on par with Fabregas should do. I'd also raise his curling, his passes get a very good amount of curl on his passes and should be much higher, I'd go for an 83 value. His aerial stats can also come down, he very rarely headers but he occasionally jumps to control it with his chest, his header could probably be around 69, and his jump about 78. He doesn'yt need *Covering either, so that can go.

spot on with absolutely everything there
great post!
agree ;)

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby imi » 2009 Aug 27, 07:14

nice post so u mean:
Att 70
Def 73
BB 81
Agi 79
DS 78
SA 75
ST 72
SP 84
FKA 74
Swerve 83
Header 69
Jump 78

remove *covering
----------------------
my ideas:
@ BB
we gave Lampard 83 because we compared him by Carrick, so what's going to happend to him?
also from my eyes he isnt lower than Lampard and i'm sure 6cm doesnt affect to much that he be 2 point lower than him maybe one lower be enough.

@ Def
Carrick style playing is more like a DM and many times we can see him in their box and helping in defending and very well do that so i think he can deserves 75

@ *covering
like that u said he most times are centeral of pitch and dont go in opposite box so whats that mean?
i think that means he cover free scpace of other players that went for attack.

new:
still i think he deserves more stamina.

imi

Postby Brezza » 2009 Aug 30, 15:46

Good Post Shaun 78 for dribble speed looks pretty high for my liking though. He's pretty slow and calculated on the ball, there isn't much difference between the dribble speed between him and Xabi Alonso. I certainly wouldn't rate it higher than Lampard and Yaya Toure. 1-2 point increase at the most imo.

Last edited by Brezza on 2009 Aug 30, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 30, 16:16

It was meant to be a 76. imi, I think my point about balance was proved against Arsenal, when Denilson looked the stronger of the two, and won all of his physical battles against him. Deleting *Covering is an obvious one though, he's simply not that good at it.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby quincy_huang » 2009 Aug 31, 00:40

Vandeach wrote:It was meant to be a 76. imi, I think my point about balance was proved against Arsenal, when Denilson looked the stronger of the two, and won all of his physical battles against him. Deleting *Covering is an obvious one though, he's simply not that good at it.

agree with the suggestion u made above
especially he is strong, but not that strong
current value can get lots of midfielder outmuscle from him while he wasnt really perform like that in real

quincy_huang

Postby aurandon » 2009 Oct 07, 15:06

As a fan of Man Utd, I still have to say this set of stat has overrated Michael Carrick. He should not be awarded Playmaking+Passing considering his vision and post; his BB is also too high: he can rarely keep the ball in his feet when the likes of even Lampard challenges him.

TheTrueSeto wrote:I think he has a great passing range, LPS should be raised to 88

Too high the LPS would make him a crosser or at least a brilliant FK taker, but he isn't. The current LPS has already overrated him.

aurandon

Postby chanman » 2009 Oct 07, 18:09

aurandon wrote:As a fan of Man Utd, I still have to say this set of stat has overrated Michael Carrick. He should not be awarded Playmaking+Passing considering his vision and post; his BB is also too high: he can rarely keep the ball in his feet when the likes of even Lampard challenges him.

TheTrueSeto wrote:I think he has a great passing range, LPS should be raised to 88

Too high the LPS would make him a crosser or at least a brilliant FK taker, but he isn't. The current LPS has already overrated him.

I can agree with you, but I think he can keep passing, just remove playmaking and covering.

chanman

Postby zuo » 2009 Nov 20, 14:38

@vandeach,
for his deep-sitting,couldnt that be an Aggression issue?
I mean,Pirlo is on a 61.
Lowering both ATK and DEF would more influence the quality of his play than modify his moving attitudes.

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby Tom » 2009 Nov 20, 14:42

zuo wrote:@vandeach,
I mean,Pirlo is on a 61.
Lowering both ATK and DEF would more influence the quality of his play than modify his moving attitudes.

But he joins the attack so much more than a 61 for Aggression would make him ;)

Tom

Postby zuo » 2009 Nov 20, 16:08

GoonerLover66 wrote:
zuo wrote:@vandeach,
I mean,Pirlo is on a 61.

But he joins the attack so much more than a 61 for Aggression would make him ;)

Well,i wasnt suggesting a 61,but if you want him to move him less without touching arrows,
lowering both ATK and DEF by 2 points wouldnt do the desired effect,i think.

With the same ATK/DEF ratio,position,arrows,MEN and AGG,he should do the same work,with less effectiveness,if all the others stats remain the same. or not?

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby Tom » 2009 Nov 21, 10:38

Well, no. You're forgetting the crucial point that he doesn't deserve the current Attack and Defence values because he isn't that good in the areas these attributes affect. Carrick shouldn't have a higher Defence value than Fletcher, and the current Attack seems a bit optimistic considering the basis it was raised.

Tom

Postby Paddy » 2009 Nov 21, 14:54

The basis being he plays for United?

Paddy

Postby Tom » 2009 Nov 21, 15:23

Paddy wrote:The basis being he plays for United?

On the basis that the current values aren't perfect and that he's taller than me ;)

Tom

Postby Paddy » 2009 Nov 21, 15:30

I probably shouldn't tell you how tall I am so...

Paddy

Postby Luisao82 » 2009 Nov 21, 21:41

He's 1.86m / 74 kg

There's no way Carrick is 1.89m tall.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC