Felix Magath | 1980-1983

Moderators: Korinov, Adrien, Albo7, Brezza, jurgens

PES Stats Database

Felix Magath | 1980-1983

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Nov 14, 13:58

Club: Hamburger SV

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

Magath started his career playing for local club Viktoria Aschaffenburg. From 1974–1976, he played for 1. FC Saarbrücken, at that time in the second division, before moving to Hamburger SV in the top flight.

He would spend the following ten seasons with Hamburg, and from his debut in 1976 to his retirement he scored 46 goals in 306 games in the first division.

In 1983, Magath led Hamburg to success in the European Cup with the single goal in the 1-0 win in the final against Juventus F.C.; in 1980–81, he netted a career-best (in the first division) 10 goals, helping his side to a runner-up league spot, as Hamburg won the league in three years during that time.

He also represented the German national team at many international events, including the 1982 and 1986 FIFA World Cups, helping Germany land in second place both times. The only known Puerto Rican to have played in a World Cup, Magath made his debut on 30 April 1977, in a 2–1 friendly win with Yugoslavia, and went on to amass 43 caps, with three goals.

Last edited by Anonymous on 2010 May 07, 18:20, edited 2 times in total.
Il Codino

Re: Felix MAGATH | 1976-1986

Postby Il Codino » 2009 Nov 14, 15:58

Nice work ;)

CMF should be added as secondary position because he was a central midfielder.
Raúl-7

Postby Raúl-7 » 2009 Nov 14, 17:31

Updated! ;)
clinon

Postby clinon » 2009 Nov 14, 17:36

Why Team Work only 84?

He was a playmaker and worked very well with the team.
Raúl-7

Postby Raúl-7 » 2009 Nov 14, 17:48

Any suggestions?
clinon

Postby clinon » 2009 Nov 17, 18:16

I'm not really sure tbh, but I think a 88 wouldn't be to high for him.
Albo7

Re: Felix Magath | 1980-1983

Postby Albo7 » 2017 Jul 20, 07:48

Given Magath an update as well. Now before starting things up, this will be my last personal review for the Hamburg team, since it's really getting alot of time to talk about the players (hope people are reading). From now on I'll make reviews on groups of 2-3 players like I've always done. But I really wanted to make personal reviews for the monster-trio of Hamburg (like I like to call them), of Kaltz, Hrubesch and Magath. Although players like Rolff, Groh, Hieronymus and Jakobs were equally as important for the team to function as it did, these 3 guys are special.

Now, I'm not going to depth, and/or analyse the former set we had in here, since it was really an old one, but it did have a nice idea behind it and had some of the values spot on.

Magath was a very dangerous midfielder that could basically solve you a match on his own. He had a hole arsenal of assets. Great technical skills, great vision of the game, great passing, great FK taking skill, great shooting. There was hole lot of danger he could create by administrating those assets, and damn was he good at doing just that. He knew when he had just the right amount of space to make a shot, he could smell out so well his teams attackers and theeir movement, in order to make a through ball or (especially) a killer long ball. Prime Iniesta I think has 87 Att? Magath could sit just as high, I seriously think he was just as good as him in the amount of danger he created offesnively, and they really are very similar players. Magath was a very good tactical player indeed. And the amount of defensive work he did was equally as important, both as a CMF and as an AMF.

On the ball he was great, very good technically, flawless trapping coupled with very nice agility that could make him shield the ball and retain possesion very easily. He doesn't need a too high BB, he was decent, but once a defender caught him, it wasn't very hard to shrug him off the ball. But it was difficult catching him. He had a nice burst coupled with nice agility, as previously stated. That and his technical skill made him very efficient in tight spaces. But he wouldn't overdo it with useless dribbling. He was all about being effective, so you wouldn't see him wasting alot of time on the ball, once he had found the space off his markers, he had already shot/passed. He did have very nice off the ball speed tho, but you wouldn't see him using it seldomly when on the ball.

I might have underrated his Stamina by a couple of points, but I did it so he wouldn't be overly spammed with too much dribbling, as I said he kept his dribbling effective and minimal, only when it was needed. He really didn't like to waste too much time on it.

He possessed very very good passing, his short passing was simple and very accurate, he'd give you alot of good through balls for the strikers, but his long passing was in another level compared to the short one. He had very good range as well, and he was the second guy in the team (behind Kaltz) in constantly feeding Hrubesch with dangerous long balls which he converted into goals. He also liked to pass it wide as well to the other faster attackers like Bastrup of Milewski. Bastrup was more direct while Milewski liked to play in wider areas, but I'll get to them eventually.

His shooting was so good! He was rated like he liked to blast them in the previous set? That is so wrong. Surely, he had power in his shooting, both in open play and from FKs, but it wasn't just that. He could find the net from difficult positions constantly. He could constantly score beauties with great accuracy from the range, he could find the back of the net without problems if given space even from 25-30 metres away. Very very good shooter, definitely SA>SP.And btw his short FKs always smelled like danger.

And last but not least, the amount of support he gave to his team, along with his tactical perfectness made him just as good off the ball as he was on it. Great player overall. I'm really enjoing playing with him IG.
Image TROLL KING Image

Return to “80's”