Jack Wilshere

Moderators: vinnie, BigStu, Jez, Mod's

Jack Wilshere

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:53

Spoiler: show
Jack Wilshere is an amazing English talent. In February 2008, he made his debut for Arsenal Reserves against Reading, and scored Arsenal's only goal of the match. In April he made his home debut, against Derby County Reserves, coming off the bench to assist Rhys Murphy. Against a West Ham United side, he set up the first goal for Portuguese striker Rui Fonte and was the scorer of the second goal, a curler that went into the top corner. He then played in the Atalanta Cup along with the club's other Under-16 players where they won the tournament and Wilshere winning player of the tournament.

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2013 Nov 29, 23:30, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Jack WILSHERE

Postby chanman » 2009 Aug 03, 00:49

deity86 wrote:I was just thinking that aswell :D He controls, dribbles, passes and shoots predominantly with his left even in situations where it would be easier to use his right.

Also, does anyone have a reliable source for his height/weight? He looks to be the same if not ever so slightly taller than Arshavin who stands at a mighty 172cm on here.

All of the sources I have checked have confirmed 170cm.

chanman

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Aug 03, 10:21

This guy is going to be an immense talent. Light-years ahead of most kids coming through at any club. I'll reserve my judgement on any figures til' i'm a little more confident.

fishdalf

Postby Karlos3004 » 2009 Aug 06, 02:54

Any thoughts on slight passing increase. Whenever I've seen him play his ability to pick the man in space has always stood out. Also he has a tendency when shooting to go for the audacious option rather than the simpler one, exemplified by the attempted chip against Rangers.

Ander-son, son, son
Ain't got shit on Fàbregas

*Red Army*
Karlos3004

Postby pietja » 2009 Aug 06, 10:22

yes, his passing is indeed really nice. Although not very range-wide but accurate and suprising for the opponent. He can get his teammates to goal scoring opportunities with them as well, he already showed that many times. on default konami stats he has *passing, maybe we should give him one here too? what you guys think?

pietja

Postby Playboy » 2009 Aug 07, 09:01

Attack: 72 to 75 (minimum)
Defence: 42 agree
Balance: 80 agree
Stamina: 80 (could be 3-4 point higher, but it's ok for now)
Top Speed: 82 agree
Acceleration: 86 to 87
Response: 76 to 78 (he isn't that low in response area)
Agility: 87 to 90 ( I'm sure he's no lower than 90, he has such great quick movements that makes opponent try real hard to follow him)
Dribble Accuracy: 80 to 83
Dribble Speed: 83 to 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 78 to 80
Short Pass Speed: 77 to 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 75 agree
Long Pass Speed: 74 to 75
Shot Accuracy: 72 agree
Shot Power: 82 agree
Shot Technique: 74 to 76 (atleast for now)
Free Kick Accuracy: 65 ...I don't know.. so I agree
Curling: 79 this could go higher, maybe 3 points for now
Header: 64 ...
Jump: 70 agree
Technique: 81 to 84
Aggression: 82 agree
Mentality: 76 agree for now could be 78-80 without a problem
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 80 completely agree , we have to see more from him.. I predict he will in year or 2 be on 85-88, maybe even to 90 in this.

I'm not yet sure about *passing star,.. I'll say YES to this, cause i think he needs it, but I'm not sure what's criteria here for giving passing. You decide guys.. my vote goes for yes to passing.

Playboy

Postby Ken » 2009 Aug 07, 13:06

Playboy wrote:Attack: 72 to 75 (minimum)
Defence: 42 agree
Balance: 80 agree
Stamina: 80 (could be 3-4 point higher, but it's ok for now)
Top Speed: 82 agree
Acceleration: 86 to 87
Response: 76 to 78 (he isn't that low in response area)
Agility: 87 to 90 ( I'm sure he's no lower than 90, he has such great quick movements that makes opponent try real hard to follow him)
Dribble Accuracy: 80 to 83
Dribble Speed: 83 to 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 78 to 80
Short Pass Speed: 77 to 80
Long Pass Accuracy: 75 agree
Long Pass Speed: 74 to 75
Shot Accuracy: 72 agree
Shot Power: 82 agree
Shot Technique: 74 to 76 (atleast for now)
Free Kick Accuracy: 65 ...I don't know.. so I agree
Curling: 79 this could go higher, maybe 3 points for now
Header: 64 ...
Jump: 70 agree
Technique: 81 to 84
Aggression: 82 agree
Mentality: 76 agree for now could be 78-80 without a problem
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 80 completely agree , we have to see more from him.. I predict he will in year or 2 be on 85-88, maybe even to 90 in this.

I'm not yet sure about *passing star,.. I'll say YES to this, cause i think he needs it, but I'm not sure what's criteria here for giving passing. You decide guys.. my vote goes for yes to passing.

This whole set of stat is overkill, he is yet to prove himself at the top level, we wouldn't want to go overboard with him.

The only thing I might agree with is *Passing, but if we are going to give him let's put it as optional because there are many players out there that can pass like him but still don't warrant it.

Ken

Postby pietja » 2009 Aug 07, 21:59

I also think Playboy's stats seem a bit too high, although some of them seem reasonable. A slight increase in LPS and ST would be good if you ask me, he already showed some good shots/long passes, yet he's still on white values there. I would put something like 76 in both. Also, as I said before I feel that his curling could go a bit up, we've all seen what he's sometimes capable of in terms of curl, 82 would represent him good for now, imo.

pietja

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 11, 18:37

Could anyone wupdate his name to : Jack 'Cruyff+Pele+Maradona+Zidane' Wilshere

Paddy

Postby Agüero » 2009 Sep 11, 18:49

He is ten days older than me and already playing for Arsenal... what have I done with my life :lol:

Please, if I make mistakes in English, correct me, I want to improve.
Agüero

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2009 Nov 13, 18:11

BB 80?? for a 17 years old guy,170 tall,and 64 kfg weight?? :shock:

Mrky_MNE

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Nov 13, 19:18

So what? That still makes him relatively weak.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2009 Nov 13, 23:15

yeah,but players like messi and pato have lower BB than him....and i'm sure they are stronger...besides,i really can't deserve yellow value....

Mrky_MNE

Postby deity86 » 2009 Nov 13, 23:32

Well first of all Pato is 9cm taller and weighs 7kg more than Wilshere so he'll still be stronger than him so there's no real comparison there. Messi is slightly heavier though I'm not sure 3kg's make a huge difference in game. I'm guessing you have actually seen Jack play and aren't just saying this because he's only 17? For a guy of his size he can more than hold his own, part of it is due to him being a bit "gritty" but he is deceivingly strong. He's embarassed far bigger more experienced players with the fact that's he's not scared to go into a physical battle, he may not always come out on top but he doesn't get out-muscled easily. Even with his current value combined with his height/weight he'll still be a bit of a pushover for alot of players in game.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Mrky_MNE » 2009 Nov 13, 23:35

yeah I waatched him couple of times...but BB 80 is just too much...look at messi....he maybe seems weak,but he can pass 2-3 players,which are pushing him from all directions...but that is story for another topic...i think for wilshire 77 would be enough...

Mrky_MNE

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Nov 14, 09:41

Crnogorac wrote:yeah I waatched him couple of times...but BB 80 is just too much...look at messi....he maybe seems weak,but he can pass 2-3 players,which are pushing him from all directions...but that is story for another topic...i think for wilshire 77 would be enough...

You obviously haven't either:

a) Seen Jack Wilshere play.

b) Or have no idea about the effect of height and weight on BB.

You're argument is just plain wrong, yes, Messi can pass players, but that's due to his exceptional close control and one of a kind agility, Wilshere is stronger than Messi, I have no doubt in saying that, if anything Wilshere should have a higher BB, as he continually out-muscles bigger players than him, last season Mario Melchiot couldn't get better of him physically, and look how high his BB is.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby Luisao82 » 2009 Nov 14, 10:05

I've seen some of Wilshere's games lately and I reckon he's stronger than what I thought.

But I don't see him deserving a higher BB than Messi, even taking in account the 3 Kg gap.

And for me is plain wrong to say that Messi can pass players due only to his exceptional close control and agility... Messi is a VERY strong player for a guy his size and often I've seen him holding off physical defenders.

I really don't think that Wilshere is stronger than Messi.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Nov 14, 10:12

I didn't say that those are Messi's only ways of passing players, it's just that the majority of the time, he uses his close control and agility, and rarely has to use his strength, but to be honest, the issue is not with Wilshere's value, Messi is definitely stronger than a 78! Messi could certainly sit on an 81 sort of value, with Wilshere sitting level or perhaps one higher.

The issue is, you guys don't seem to understand the effect of height and weight on BB, this value still makes him fairly weak, and Wilshere is most definitely not weak. Wilshere deserves at least this value in his own right, other players being underrated is not a case to lower Wilshere.

Vandeach

Postby Luisao82 » 2009 Nov 14, 10:19

Vandeach wrote:The issue is, you guys don't seem to understand the effect of height and weight on BB, this value still makes him fairly weak

Then I suggest Wilshere a 83 for BB, and 1 higher for Messi.

IMHO, there's no way Wilshere deserves a higher BB than Messi.

Luisao82

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Nov 14, 10:21

He is, no point even arguing with me about that, Wilshere can out-muscle some ridiculously big players, whereas Messi would just fall down in the face of them, I have yet to see Messi out-muscle the biggest of players, whereas it is something Wilshere exhibits whenever he plays.

Also, Messi does not deserve an 84 for balance.

Vandeach

Postby Luisao82 » 2009 Nov 14, 10:34

I also have seen Messi out-muscle some ridiculously big players as well. And I think he does deserves mid 80's in BB.

That's my sincere opinion.

Luisao82

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal FC