Ciprian Marica, Konyaspor

Moderator: Mod's

Ciprian Marica, Konyaspor

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 13, 15:16

Last edited by PMC on 2009 Jan 02, 20:57, edited 6 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Ciprian MARICA

Postby Heui » 2009 Apr 15, 16:03

PMC is right, he's actually a great finished when under pressure but sadly he doesn't show this quality in Stuttgart

Heui

Postby coolactive » 2009 Apr 15, 16:53

Heui wrote:PMC is right, he's actually a great finished when under pressure but sadly he doesn't show this quality in Stuttgart

Ok, I believe you, but how can you convince others that he is right there in ST where Alexander Frei (85) is and that he is better then Mladen Petrić and Grafite @(84) or Edin Dzeko @79 ?

http://www.fcradnicki-nis.com/
FK Radnički Niš Stadium Reconstruction : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVC8KPA70hM
coolactive

Postby PMC » 2009 Apr 15, 21:08

@ Monkevski

He is a strong player... if you watch an NT game or one of Marica's better performances you can see that defenders really struggle to shrug him off once he's in possession. He managed to outmuscle guys like Toraman, Lucio, Materazzi and killed the whole spanish defence at a point for example. He can easily draw players on him but he easily gives up when things aren't going too well... 82 won't make him a beast either but he's definately well built and can show it off.

@ Heui

Marica played SM at times for the VFB and at Shaktar but its not really his favored position, I think it can be optional* and Marica started out as WF originally so it should remain a 2nd position atleast.

@ coolactive

I don't know much about Dzeko, but Petric is a bid of a lazy finisher and not as combatant as Marica in a duel. Grafite has a superb balance which helps him execute his shots as he can physically beat players so its a bad basis to compare to.

Marica is immature and sadly not trusted enough at the VFB as Gomez is the turning point of Stuttgart, no matter what form he's in. Marica has been terrible in the BuLi but the whole team plays very badly which doesn't favor his situation either. But his Romania NT scoring stats are very good and he still shows glimpses of his talent when given the chance.

I'll try to gather video evidence of his qualities.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby monKevski » 2009 Apr 15, 21:26

You might be right, but you must see in the present, not in the past.
In this season (and the games in the season before) I didn't see him as a strong striker for his size. On a direct running duel with strong and fast defenders like Naldo, Lucio or Westermann he'll lost the duel, but against slow defenders he has his speed and will run them away.

In the NT and earlier for Shakhtar he seems to be strong, but nowadays in the Bundesliga he doesn't seem to be that, at least for me. There will be 80 quite good.

Any arguments for that high Shot Technique value? In my eyes, the gap between SA and ST is too big and he hasn't really shown great Shot Technique in the games for Stuttgart.

monKevski

Postby PMC » 2009 Apr 15, 21:41

monKevski wrote:You might be right, but you must see in the present, not in the past.
In this season (and the games in the season before) I didn't see him as a strong striker for his size. On a direct running duel with strong and fast defenders like Naldo, Lucio or Westermann he'll lost the duel, but against slow defenders he has his speed and will run them away.

In the NT and earlier for Shakhtar he seems to be strong, but nowadays in the Bundesliga he doesn't seem to be that, at least for me. There will be 80 quite good.

Any arguments for that high Shot Technique value? In my eyes, the gap between SA and ST is too big and he hasn't really shown great Shot Technique in the games for Stuttgart.

funny that you mention Lucio, in the tur game Marica was heavily frustrating Lucio to a point that he had started to kick the sh*t out of him till he actually injured Marica. Until that point Lucio was physically inferior and lost most duels against him.

his shot placement is average, his shot technique class... how many chances does Marica average to show off his shot technique? Almost each of the few goals he's scored that season and the one before were solo efforts where he somewhat got past a player or scored not facing the goal directly. The fact that he rarely gets into a scoring position has nothing to do with his skill.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby monKevski » 2009 Apr 15, 22:03

Lucio is a quite fast defender, for me one of the fastest in the Bundesliga.
But what you said shows that Marica is very fast but not really strong.

For me he didn't show his great shot technique, yet.
And you said, the few goals he scored resulted by a solo effort.
That doesn't such that high ST, only that he's fast and run the defenders away to stand alone in front of the goal keeper.
He do that often enough, but he awards his chances to score too often.
But I think a value of 82-83 would be accurate, otherwise the gap between the Shot Accuracy would be to big in my opinion.

I'd like to see, what do the others say like Heui.

monKevski

Postby PMC » 2009 Apr 15, 22:11

monKevski wrote:Lucio is a quite fast defender, for me one of the fastest in the Bundesliga.
But what you said shows that Marica is very fast but not really strong.

For me he didn't show his great shot technique, yet.
And you said, the few goals he scored resulted by a solo effort.
That doesn't such that high ST, only that he's fast and run the defenders away to stand alone in front of the goal keeper.
He do that often enough, but he awards his chances to score too often.
But I think a value of 82-83 would be accurate, otherwise the gap between the Shot Accuracy would be to big in my opinion.

I'd like to see, what do the others say like Heui.

you seemingly misunderstood me and haven't seen much of Marica yet. I said he outMUSCLED Lucio, not outsprinted him. I'm not saying Marica is stronger than Lucio but he's strong enough not to get pushed away by him.

and his solo efforts weren't one on ones with the keeper... he did a solo effort by taking the ball himself to shoot himself... he's not a tap in poacher type of striker but someone who can create his own chances out of nothing which is why he has a high ST.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby coolactive » 2009 Apr 15, 22:12

Ok, he is talented I believe you, maybe Grafite was a bad comparation.
But, lets compare Marica with Helmes from Leverkusen.
Helmes is 182/81, plays CF and WF, a German national player.
This season : 20 goals in BuLi + 3 in Pokal + 1 in nt , 5 assists
His ST stands at 84, Marica ST is 85.
Is it really a point higher then Helmes, no matter what we might think of Marica abilities ?

FK Radnički Niš Stadium Reconstruction : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVC8KPA70hM
coolactive

Postby PMC » 2009 Apr 15, 22:25

coolactive wrote:Ok, he is talented I believe you, maybe Grafite was a bad comparation.
But, lets compare Marica with Helmes from Leverkusen.
Helmes is 182/81, plays CF and WF, a German national player.
This season : 20 goals in BuLi + 3 in Pokal + 1 in nt , 5 assists
His ST stands at 84, Marica ST is 85.
Is it really a point higher then Helmes, no matter what we might think of Marica abilities ?

Helmes is getting more scoring chances (Marica gets like 1/2 chances at most per game), has a better attack rating and has 4 points more in SA than Marica. You need to look at the combination of stats rather than just one segment because looking at the overall comparison Helmes is a much better finisher than Marica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eLyXsQD9Tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jT3cnMWX20

I couldnt find his goals against Spain and Karlsruhe yet but he's done much more but they're hard to find on the web

I'm against you
PMC

Postby coolactive » 2009 Apr 16, 06:24

Ok, I watched videos, I understand what are you trying to tell me. If you think he is worthy those values then it is Ok. Still, I think he is overrated in some sections we discussed earlier and that he needs a slight downgrade in condition (which is already done) and considering his scoring abilities - his grades does not represent his performance this year, it represents more yor impression of him...

coolactive

Postby PMC » 2009 Apr 16, 08:30

coolactive wrote:Ok, I watched videos, I understand what are you trying to tell me. If you think he is worthy those values then it is Ok. Still, I think he is overrated in some sections we discussed earlier and that he needs a slight downgrade in condition (which is already done) and considering his scoring abilities - his grades does not represent his performance this year, it represents more yor impression of him...

I know what you're getting at, my friend ;)

the problem with Stuttgart and Marica is, quite frankly, that he doesn't get many scoring opportunities as every ball is aimed towards Mario Gomez which means he's tactically disadvantaged. That + his low mentality and poor fighting spirit will have him give up very easily which is the reason he gets subbed off regularly. The coach intended to use Marica as a SS sort of like Cacau but that's not his natural position.

If Dario Srna wouldn't play SM at Croatia's NT he probably wouldn't have SA 76 and ST 76 either as he plays as sideback for Shaktar and therefore has less chances to show his finishing skills.

If there are stats that you can rightfully doubt its probably attack, responce and teamwork as those influence the players intelligence in a game but almost all of Marica's goals were scored out of difficult circumstances.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 10, 03:06

monKevski wrote:I also would decrease his Balance to 80. He's not so strong and lost to much duels at the moment.

And his ST should be lower, 85 is really to high. I think 82 would suits him. ;)

I disagree with BB 80... he loses some physical battles but he wins the most important ones... he's a VERY combative player in duels and relies on it alot to beat his opponent. The problem is that he isn't making the best of it most times but that's due to his poor reaction and lack of insistence. Just check him outmuscling Escude, Materazzi or others with relatively ease. IMO he's a point stronger than Mutu so 82 is fair imho.

Regarding ST... almost all of his goals came from akward difficult positions... he lacks accuracy but he's someone who can score out of very difficult positions.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby TigerCourage » 2009 Oct 10, 19:26

I'd say Top Speed 88 - 89, he runs like a nutcase without the ball.

TigerCourage

Postby Shubitidze » 2009 Oct 11, 11:14

Shubitidze

Postby PMC » 2009 Oct 11, 11:17

TigerCourage wrote:I'd say Top Speed 88 - 89, he runs like a nutcase without the ball.

I disagree... Marica is a very pacy player but he uses it so rarely that he's not much of a threat with it. His acc. is orange which will enable him to be very fast when he has to be but he never had a reputation of being lethal on the counter.

a few ideas regarding him

BB: 81-82 = he's fairly combative and physical in his duels... he'll still not win many balls with his stats but will stand more of a chance which is realistic

Responce can probably go down a notch

DA: 81 = he can dribble, but he's not really overly technical in that area

Technique: 80-81 = his 1st touch kinda decreased lately... he needs a few attempts to control the ball

mentality: a huge ?-mark imo

Teamwork: this one can only be discussed if we settle the other aspects of his game

I'm against you
PMC

Postby coolactive » 2009 Oct 11, 12:03

a few ideas regarding him

BB: 81-82 = he's fairly combative and physical in his duels... he'll still not win many balls with his stats but will stand more of a chance which is realistic

Agree with 81. I had a chance to see more of him recently, nt games, so i have the same opinion

Responce can probably go down a notch

I am not for changing anything there.

DA: 81 = he can dribble, but he's not really overly technical in that area

agree

Technique: 80-81 = his 1st touch kinda decreased lately... he needs a few attempts to control the ball

Not quite there with you... Wouldnot change his Technique...yet

mentality: a huge ?-mark imo

-2 points maybe ?

Teamwork: this one can only be discussed if we settle the other aspects of his game

Looked like Jovanovic style of play we discussed on his page... Doesnt strike me as a great team player too

coolactive

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Oct 14, 13:15

What about his ST - he never show at Stuttgart why he is on 85 in this point.

Maybe PMC or Coolactive can say, if this represents him well at the NT.

s-cobar

Postby PMC » 2009 Oct 14, 17:46

s-cobar wrote:What about his ST - he never show at Stuttgart why he is on 85 in this point.

Maybe PMC or Coolactive can say, if this represents him well at the NT.

He did show at the VFB that he has a great ST... he just barely shoots or scores whatsoever.

but check out the goals he scored in his career... almost each one of them was a tough one.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby TigerCourage » 2009 Oct 27, 11:51

I think this guy needs the S17 elastico card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkrnuuFSAM

TigerCourage

Postby monKevski » 2009 Oct 27, 15:48

We don't work on the base from Pes 2010 yet.

monKevski

PreviousNext

Return to Turkish Super League