Frédéric Kanouté

Moderator: Mod's

Frédéric Kanouté

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 23:18

Quick and strong Malian striker, named African footballer of the Year for 2007. Kanoute has won 18 caps and scored 8 goals for Mali at international level. He joined Sevilla in 2005 from Tottenham Hotspur where he showed flashes of brilliance during his two years with club but fell out of favour prior to his departure. His former clubs also include Lyon and West Ham United. He has developed into a key player since joining Seville and over the last two seasons he has been a reliable goal scorer, he also made a an important contribution towards Seville winning the UEFA Cup in 2006 and 2007. Last season he looked sharp in front of goal and scored 16 goals in 30 appearances. Kanoute has impressive movement, awareness and his pace enables him to get beyond defenders, he also has good composure in front of goal and strikes the ball well.

Credits to RB7 and Markulur

Last edited by Markulur on 2009 Jul 02, 13:04, edited 3 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Frédéric KANOUTÉ

Postby Oswaldo » 2009 Mar 13, 19:21

i like these stats!!
the only suggestion is to raise his ST to 85
he can score from difficult angles...

I don't live in Venezuela, but Venezuela lives in me
Descansa en paz, Roberto
Te echaré de menos
Oswaldo

Postby bff » 2009 Mar 16, 17:24

i definitely agree with it! he can shoot the ball to the goal pretty well, don't regarding how the ball comes to him. i could go even higher with 87 in ST...

bff

Postby Markulur » 2009 Mar 21, 21:23

A 86 seems good for me. On par with Rooney. Probably more can be a bit too much.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Markulur » 2009 Jul 02, 13:04

Updated. Practically a new set on the first post. Thanks to RB7.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby fillerup » 2009 Jul 11, 13:12

what about ST? i think its should be 87, about the same as fabiano i think

fillerup

Postby Markulur » 2009 Jul 11, 13:39

I don't think so. Luis Fabiano knows how to shot better under pressure and in dificult positions that Kanouté can't like him. Kanouté is more power and TW and Luis Fabiano is more shot and positioning.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby fillerup » 2009 Jul 11, 13:43

well you're the la liga expert so i wouldnt disagree, but it seems you changed your opinion because you were agreeing to raising it before

fillerup

Postby Markulur » 2009 Jul 11, 13:47

fillerup wrote:well you're the la liga expert so i wouldnt disagree, but it seems you changed your opinion because you were agreeing to raising it before

Yes, I saw more of him and with some discussions with RB7 I saw my wrong point of view. ;)

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Oswaldo » 2009 Jul 15, 13:06

Markulur wrote:
fillerup wrote:well you're the la liga expert so i wouldnt disagree, but it seems you changed your opinion because you were agreeing to raising it before

Yes, I saw more of him and with some discussions with RB7 I saw my wrong point of view. ;)

No. I think u were right,before. :)
Kanoute is not less than Aguero (ST86) for example at this point..he is quite good at finishing..and a lot of his goals came from tight angles ...he doesn't lose his accuracy under stress.

BTW,Mark..i've noticed that you nearly fully depending on RB7 opinions...seems like he dictate u what to do..I hope that you take into account other members' posts and try check on them...I know that your task is hard that it is not easy to moderate about 300 threads..but it's worth to listen from otherswho can ease it for u,especially those who concentrate on some players that you maybe don't have time to watch them carefully..and i'm sorry if upset you with this advice.

Descansa en paz, Roberto
Te echaré de menos
Oswaldo

Postby The_Red_Devil » 2009 Jul 15, 13:11

zavongi wrote:BTW,Mark..i've noticed that you nearly fully depending on RB7 opinions...seems like he dictate u what to do..I hope that you take into account other members' posts and try check on them...I know that your task is hard that it is not easy to moderate about 300 threads..but it's worth to listen from otherswho can ease it for u,especially those who concentrate on some players that you maybe don't have time to watch them carefully..and i'm sorry if upset you with this advice.

Don't listen to him Mark, I think it's great when statmakers collaborate and share stat editing standards.

Listen to people who make reasonable suggestions but because you two share the same sort of standards, it's better if you two try and agree on certain values before taking anyone else's advice.

Zinedine Zidane: "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."
The_Red_Devil

Postby Oswaldo » 2009 Jul 15, 13:41

The_Red_Devil wrote:Don't listen to him Mark, I think it's great when statmakers collaborate and share stat editing standards.

Listen to people who make reasonable suggestions but because you two share the same sort of standards, it's better if you two try and agree on certain values before taking anyone else's advice

Please..i didn't say that Mark and RB7 shouldn't share opinions,No,it's good to take opinions from people who have clear views such as RB7..what i said was that Mark should consider realistic suggestions and i didn't mean crazy ones as u thought but it's also good to listen from people who more watch a team and have a good sight of its players..
Mark,yes,in a lot of the posts you're referring to RB7 w/o explain anything...and people like to know why did u make those changes...and,again don't take my post as a squib...
and you,The_Red_Devil,if u only want mods to decide the stats,so it's better not to let anyone register in PSD.

Descansa en paz, Roberto
Te echaré de menos
Oswaldo

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jul 17, 00:08

Take it easy mate, there's no dictating :lol:
We just share opinions and work on stats.. I give him my vision of the player he gives his and we reach a conclusion.. if I can show my point and he agrees of course his opinion about a stat will change but when we both know the players we agree on most stats.
And don't worry your opinion is not ignored.. we post new sets so you guys can take a look at them and discuss from there :)

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Oswaldo » 2009 Jul 17, 09:23

RB7 wrote:Take it easy mate, there's no dictating :lol:
We just share opinions and work on stats.. I give him my vision of the player he gives his and we reach a conclusion.. if I can show my point and he agrees of course his opinion about a stat will change but when we both know the players we agree on most stats.
And don't worry your opinion is not ignored.. we post new sets so you guys can take a look at them and discuss from there :)

Thank you for your nice answer :)

Descansa en paz, Roberto
Te echaré de menos
Oswaldo

Postby PMC » 2009 Sep 17, 06:57

very nice stats

I'm against you
PMC

Postby Markulur » 2009 Oct 20, 15:10

Gooner suggested a 48 for his Defence and I'm really agree considering his continuated movements back to playmake or defence.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Tom » 2009 Oct 20, 15:18

Markulur wrote:Gooner suggested a 48 for his Defence and I'm really agree considering his continuated movements back to playmake or defence.

I'd also suggest a higher Mentality value, he has a fair work rate and certainly doesn't appear lately. But he isn't anything special, he's rather average in this department really and so I'd probably give him a 78 in this area.

His Team Work absolutely has to go up though, his vision when it comes to understanding his players movements is astonishing. For example, his understanding of Jesus Navas' movements is phenomenal and always seems to know where that little winger is going to. An 85 would definitely be justified!
Although at the same time, I feel his SPA and SPS is ever so slightly too high.

I'd reduce his Technique to an 82/83, it's very good but it doesn't appear to be a mid 80 as he often has a touch that will go too far away from him.

His Curling could be higher, he has a great amount of dip in his shots and has the ability to bend a shot well from a tight angle. An 80 wouldn't be unfair, slightly below Soldado.

He's also amazingly agile for a big player, when controlling the ball he can turn ever so exquisitely and fluidly. He has surprising grace and I don't feel that the current 79 conveys that, an 83 perhaps?

I'd also raise his Aggresion to an 85, reduce his DA to an 82/83, increase his DS to an 81 (82 at a push), and his ST to an 85

Tom

Postby Markulur » 2009 Nov 04, 11:17

Updated with Gooner's suggestions.

For cards... Obviusly he need this...
P16 – Dummy Runner
P21 – Fox in the Box
S04 – PK Taker

And I doubt on...
P15 – Goal Poacher
P19 – Chasing back

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby Tom » 2009 Nov 04, 12:54

Yup, Luis Fabiano is the player who warrants the Goal Poacher card and not Kanoute. Kanoute doesn't deserve the Chasing Back card because, whilst he does track back, he doesn't track back deep into his own half as a player with the card would.

I'm pondering about Cut Back Pass, but I'm not fully sure what the card does.

Tom

Postby deity86 » 2009 Nov 04, 13:16

From my recollection (or simply looking at this) it seems CF's can't have Cut Back Pass. Does seem like quite a vague card though, pretty much anyone could have it.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Next

Return to Retired Players