Bruno Alves

Moderator: Mod's

Bruno Alves

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 15:18

Spoiler: show
Bruno Eduardo Regufe Alves (born 27 November 1981) is a Portuguese football (soccer) player that plays as a central defender. He currently plays for FC Porto. He was best known for viciously delivering a headbutt into Nuno Gomes's face in the 2005-2006 FC Porto-Benfica for wich he received a red card. Known to be a violent player Bruno Alves became a more calm and concentrated player which surely helped him to show his true value to the team. Strong, tall, and almost invincible in the air, Alves gained a place to Ricardo Costa and João Paulo in FC Porto starting eleven this season and it seems very difficult for anyone to take it from him.

Last edited by RB7 on 2008 Dec 09, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Bruno ALVES

Postby Prata » 2009 Jul 13, 19:31

Updated LPS

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby Paddy » 2009 Aug 06, 17:18

Would anyone argue with a higher value for his jump?

Paddy

Postby yourigo » 2009 Aug 08, 09:54

no argument here, i always thougth he jumped very high, i mean, he got his foot in a guys shoulder :shock: . he jumps consistently high, i think that's the requirement for a good jump value.

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby da_ni » 2009 Aug 11, 08:07

in my opinon, his jump is in the red area...i can´t remember anyone else that jumps as high as B alves. i mean, he can jump almost abouve another player...in las weak end, at the portuguese super cup his waist was on the same level as the defender's head... andi already saw him jump even higher...
but not being so drastic, and not raising a value so much in one time, i think that at leas 93 / 94...any lower than that doesn't show how high he can trully jump..

"My heart only has one colour: Blue and White!!
João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 11, 11:06

What surprises me is that this is still being discussed. Nobody jumps as high as this guy in today's professional football - no one. A 90 doesn't begin to reflect that. He's head and shoulders (and waist) above everyone else in jumping. I say give him 95 Jump and be done with it. Anything less is just being stingy with numbers.

Viriato

Postby Prata » 2009 Aug 11, 11:47

IMO Klose jumps higher than Bruno ALves and he has 94 so maybe Bruno Alves could get a 93

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby Dos » 2009 Aug 11, 17:51

Viriato wrote:What surprises me is that this is still being discussed. Nobody jumps as high as this guy in today's professional football - no one. A 90 doesn't begin to reflect that. He's head and shoulders (and waist) above everyone else in jumping. I say give him 95 Jump and be done with it. Anything less is just being stingy with numbers.

Agree.

His goal vs Paços was amazing. :shock:

Dos

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 13, 12:57

Guys remember he's almost 1,90, i would go for 92 for jump.

p1rha

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 14, 07:48

Well, since Kenwyne Jones has got 92 and about the same height as Bruno Alves, I can't think of less than 93 for Bruno Alves. I do think TDM is right about his comparison with Klose though, Klose might be a tad better but Bruno Alves is still much taller so a 93 might do it.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Re: BRUNO ALVES

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 15, 15:35

I respectfully disagree. Without taking anything from his great leaping ability, Klose's jumps are mostly taken with a headstart, whereas Bruno Alves can leap from prone positions like there's a hornet's nest up his ass. I saw it during the Portugal-Serbia warm-up at Alvalade - the guy is almost unbelievable. It's both due to his athletic ability and his footvolley background. Ask most anyone in Póvoa do Varzim, and they'll tell you about him hopping about like a beach flea during footvolley matches.
Klose might be a better header, but Alves is a more impressive jumper. If anybody in this database deserves a 95 in Jump, it's him.

Viriato

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 19, 14:12

What do you guys think?

Viriato

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 19, 14:24

it's hard to say u know,i have him with 92 now and he jumps higher than anyone, though i feel he could jump even higher sometimes. Besides Gullit is also 1,90 tall and was also an incredible jumper, yet he is rated at 90.

And here's something for RB7, u said to me u wouldn't raise his FKs (rightly so, 'cause u didn't) but i've seen Hulk only one point behind (never scored a FK in portugal), Danny at the same level with better swerve (if he ever scored a FK i didn't saw it), Meireles only 2 points behind with much better swerve...

What do u have to say about that? (keep in mind u did Danny´s stats)

p1rha

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 19, 15:30

[quote=phr1a]And here's something for RB7, u said to me u wouldn't raise his FKs (rightly so, 'cause u didn't) but i've seen Hulk only one point behind (never scored a FK in portugal), Danny at the same level with better swerve (if he ever scored a FK i didn't saw it), Meireles only 2 points behind with much better swerve...

What do u have to say about that? (keep in mind u did Danny´s stats)[/quote]

First of all, Danny's stats were tweaked by Re-Arranged.
Secondly, all those guys take Free Kicks and Hulk even scored.. you just need to peep the compilations. Now, as to Bruno Alves.. why the heck would he be boosted, he scored one goal and hit the bar once, has missed all the others.. scoring two goals (at most) doesn't make you great at Free Kicks, he only started taking them because Porto didn't have a solid Free Kick Taker..
And BTW, curling is more than free kick related, it has to do with shots and passing too.. and Bruno Alves' curl on free kicks is very limited.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 20, 02:20

No argument on FK - all we have are two goals and hearsay 'evidence' that Alves scored as many free kicks as Ronaldo in training.
Jump, on the other hand, I feel is a whole different matter, and I push again for a 95 with the reasoning I provided above.

Viriato

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 20, 02:43

77 FKA isn't too bad for a player like him. Tamas scored even more fks in his career and has roughly the same value. Keep in mind that Cbs are usually being used because they have a very hard shot. Bruno Alves is no exception there with 88 SP

I'm against you
PMC

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 20, 13:36

he scored 2 in a season in maybe 5 tries. He used to score them in the youth squads, and he was good at it. It's true CBs r often used in long FKs 'cause of them SP, but BA scored both over the wall. It's just on a comparison basis that i want to be clarified on the reasons why players that have never scored FKs in their senior carrers have the same values as someone who has scored 2 last season.

p1rha

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 20, 13:56

I've been looking around and noticed that PSV's Balázs Dzsudzsák has 83 in FKA after what? Two goals? The placement of his shots is not better than Bruno Alves', so either one should be lowered or the other raised.

And, at a risk of sounding insistent, what about his Jump?

Viriato

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 20, 14:10

Ok, this os BA with 98 jump, 90 BB and heading 83 on training (red arrow)

Image Image

Quite good, seems realistic, he won nearly evrythig against Pepe (86) and CR7 (88). I think he could have jumped even higher if i could give him a higher ball.
After this i tried him in a ofensive role against F. Meira (1,90 header 79, jump 78), and guess what, Meira still jumps high as fuck with 78! If it's just BA against Meira in the box and Meira is defending then he will win almost everything but i think that's a problem in the AI. BA defending against Meira is also efective but more spetacular with longer, rather than higher jumps that throw the ball further away.

Personaly i'm gonna keep him at 98 for sometime , not that i think he deserves it :? , i think it should be kept for shorter guys though he's special. I'll test it better and see if he does some impossible jump, like ...

Image ImageImageImage

One thing i came across when i was in that training was that CR7 should have an icredeble jump as well (remember the goal against roma?), he jumps nearly as high as BA, he just keeps his legs streched so it seems like he hasn't jump as high but he's another tall grasshopper.

ImageImage

p1rha

Postby RB7 » 2009 Aug 20, 20:42

If you play them on a red arrow you won't get the stats' effects.. they'll not be the stats posted in the forum, therefore, your discussion seems a bit confusing.
Besides, CB's are always stronger on aerial balls since they get most balls in front of them and a striker usually has to place themselves on the right situation to jump for the ball while CB's usually just jump.

As to Viriato, I'd be cool with 95.. this guy flies.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Viriato » 2009 Aug 21, 00:47

That's three agrees for 95 in Jump. Anybody else? Anyone strongly opposed to it?

Viriato

PreviousNext

Return to Fenerbahçe SK