Bruno Alves

Moderator: Mod's

Bruno Alves

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 15:18

Spoiler: show
Bruno Eduardo Regufe Alves (born 27 November 1981) is a Portuguese football (soccer) player that plays as a central defender. He currently plays for FC Porto. He was best known for viciously delivering a headbutt into Nuno Gomes's face in the 2005-2006 FC Porto-Benfica for wich he received a red card. Known to be a violent player Bruno Alves became a more calm and concentrated player which surely helped him to show his true value to the team. Strong, tall, and almost invincible in the air, Alves gained a place to Ricardo Costa and João Paulo in FC Porto starting eleven this season and it seems very difficult for anyone to take it from him.

Last edited by RB7 on 2008 Dec 09, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Bruno ALVES

Postby RB7 » 2009 May 17, 10:39

No :lol:
He scored what two free kicks, sent three above the bar and deserves 80?
Also they have really few curl and are mostly power combined with little curl.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby p1rha » 2009 May 17, 15:16

RB7 wrote:No :lol:
He scored what two free kicks, sent three above the bar and deserves 80?
Also they have really few curl and are mostly power combined with little curl.

have u ever scored with a player having less than 80? i haven't managed to do it yet, i only think he deserves enough to be able to score them, and 80 is the number imo. one of the best free kickers in the league, i'd like to see a portuguese free kick ladder, where would u put him? who would be ahead of him? aren't there good free kick takers in portugal? and don't forget he's one of the few in the NT that can argue with CR7 about who's gonna take it...
bruno alves is a good freekicker since a young age (in varzim as a youngster he used to go for power, now he goes for placement), his father was one already and time will prove i'm right. besides, if ur statistics are acurate, that means he scored 2 out of five, wich is great, or is it not?
or is it 'cause he scored against ur side? :lol: don't get ofended, just takin' a piss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4Ma_9gwic vs Man U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qzK5mNVk9g vs E.Amadora
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUsrit0rMc vs Sporting

Last edited by p1rha on 2009 May 20, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
p1rha

Postby Mik » 2009 May 17, 15:22

ok 81 Curving is fine but 80 in FKA is a must!

p1rha is right, and Ive seen a lot Bruno Alves playing

He really needs an update by Machado, plz look at his Free kick stats

Mik

Postby Mik » 2009 May 23, 13:53

Why does Bruno Alves have 7 in condition? By your type of evaluation, he should be 8, he played every match, the only player in the league to do it so, should he deserve then a 9? :lol:

I don't really understand this, Fabregas with 8, other players who play just because the coach plays them with too, and Bruno with 7? Why? Because he's from Porto?lol

Other impressive stats his the FKA, he scored 2 goals for a defender, how many did Cardozo scored from FK? And Moutinho? And Veloso? And Reyes? :lol: Sometimes I think It's all about the club.

Mik

Postby Tom » 2009 May 23, 13:56

Mik wrote:I don't really understand this, Fabregas with 8, other players who play just because the coach plays them with too, and Bruno with 7? Why? Because he's from Porto?lol

Firstly, look at how many matches Fabregas has played. He has played more than enough matches to quantify an 8 for Condition.

Secondly, if you can explain to me how you can edit Managerial Decisions in PES then that'd be fantastic and would completely revolutionise stats-making.

Thirdly, it's not a matter of bias. It's probably just a case of not realising how many games Alves has played and therefore the wrong figure for Condition was given. Please stop being such a cynic

Tom

Postby Nrby » 2009 May 23, 13:59

Besides the number of matches in the Portuguese league is significantly less than the one in the English league ...

Nrby

Postby Tom » 2009 May 23, 14:00

Nrby wrote:Besides the number of matches in the Portuguese league is significantly less than the one in the English league ...

That's kind of irrelevant though, don't you think? I believe I may have mentioned my thoughts on this in one of my "Advice threads" but who's to say that, given the capacity, the Portugese Liga players couldn't play as many games as certain Premier League players?

Tom

Postby Nrby » 2009 May 23, 14:04

GoonerLover66 wrote:
Nrby wrote:Besides the number of matches in the Portuguese league is significantly less than the one in the English league ...

That's kind of irrelevant though, don't you think? I believe I may have mentioned my thoughts on this in one of my "Advice threads" but who's to say that, given the capacity, the Portugese Liga players couldn't play as many games as certain Premier League players?

well you are right ... but you never know until they do ... but this would mean that we couldn't give condition 8 to anyone except premiership players ... and that wouldn't be right ... so I guess this is another one of those things that we have to rate be individual leagues and not compare to much to the others

Nrby

Postby RB7 » 2009 May 23, 14:47

It's just the fact that Bruno Alves was not as extreme as Lucho or Moutinho last season but this season he surely deserves it.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby p1rha » 2009 May 23, 15:51

ok, this will probably be my last post on this thread since it hasn't been any positive feedback, i won't bother u folks after this one. 1st, everyone knows i'm a benfica suporter, so no one can acuse me of being biased on this subject. I've been checking Cardozo and he's got:
FKA: 82
Curl: 80
i won't argue about who's the best freekick taker, but i can't see how to justify a diference of 5/3 points between Cardozo and Alves. Do you guys believe there's really such a gap?

p1rha

Postby Mik » 2009 May 23, 18:49

That's the point, positive feedback, and we are in different points here, for me Condition was always been different than what people uses it for, and I can't argue with 3000 guys here posting a lot of players with 8 condition, just because the number of the games he played, honestly in Real Life I don't think It got anything to do with.. But I must confess in PES, condition determines the capacity of a player to play many games in a row without being tired, and if we play a guy 30 matches I just think It's impossible, he just cannot do all the game, and for that I must understand the 8 for players that play a lot of matches, but I'm trying to say that condition doesn't really mean that thing, for example we have such good players with excellent condition and fitness and body capacity and they aren't rated with 8 just because they don't play. That's what I'm trying to say.

Lack of positive feedback and attention and understanding, I was just able to help on whatever, now I don't know what to say. Everything is passed out, I don't even know if people read the suggestions.

And GoonerLover66, stop being such a Premier League narcissist arrogant lover!

And karma to p1rha that is from Benfica and can well be a good adept and analyst of football, and just by his avatar he should be respected. :lol:

Mik

Postby Tom » 2009 May 24, 08:41

Mik wrote:That's the point, positive feedback, and we are in different points here, for me Condition was always been different than what people uses it for, and I can't argue with 3000 guys here posting a lot of players with 8 condition, just because the number of the games he played, honestly in Real Life I don't think It got anything to do with.. But I must confess in PES, condition determines the capacity of a player to play many games in a row without being tired, and if we play a guy 30 matches I just think It's impossible, he just cannot do all the game, and for that I must understand the 8 for players that play a lot of matches, but I'm trying to say that condition doesn't really mean that thing, for example we have such good players with excellent condition and fitness and body capacity and they aren't rated with 8 just because they don't play. That's what I'm trying to say.

Lack of positive feedback and attention and understanding, I was just able to help on whatever, now I don't know what to say. Everything is passed out, I don't even know if people read the suggestions.

And GoonerLover66, stop being such a Premier League narcissist arrogant lover!

If they don't play then how can they justify an 8 for Condition, man? You can't just start from the highest value and work your down from there once they start to play regularly, that's ridiculous. On that basis we'd have to give Youth players high values in most fields and then eventually get to accurate values once they are in regular contention for a first-team spot. I can understand what you're saying, it does make sense, but the fact is that a value must be justified by an action, and if there is no action then there is no possible justification.

And oh my god, you found out! Was it in the way that I refused to give the likes of Vidic a higher Defence value or did you decipher it from where I've continuously said that the Serie A is the best technical league? If you're going to choose to insult someone, don't do it someone that can ban you :lol:

Tom

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 24, 09:18

GoonerLover66 wrote:If you're going to choose to insult someone, don't do it someone that can ban you :lol:

:lol: You mind if I use that line...

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Tom » 2009 May 24, 09:24

jmg721 wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:If you're going to choose to insult someone, don't do it someone that can ban you :lol:

:lol: You mind if I use that line...

Go for it ;)

Tom

Postby RB7 » 2009 May 24, 12:45

Great quote Jason :lol:

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Mik » 2009 May 24, 13:16

:cry: Ohh sorry, but to be known by a moderator like this?! :o This is my lucky day! To have a quote in his avatar??OMG :oops:

I'm just a e-arrogant prick! ;) I like to keep it that way. :lol:

No, seriously, just give more positive feedback and keep the posts active, so people can discuss more constructively, honestly It's what I think.

Respect

Mik

Postby yourigo » 2009 May 24, 23:16

p1rha wrote:ok, this will probably be my last post on this thread since it hasn't been any positive feedback, i won't bother u folks after this one. 1st, everyone knows i'm a benfica suporter, so no one can acuse me of being biased on this subject. I've been checking Cardozo and he's got:
FKA: 82
Curl: 80
i won't argue about who's the best freekick taker, but i can't see how to justify a diference of 5/3 points between Cardozo and Alves. Do you guys believe there's really such a gap?

i have to agree with p1rha here, especially considering cardozo has 82, i can't understand how BA only gets 77 FKA, i think he deserves an 80 at least, he even gets to try them over CR and others in the NT

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby Persee » 2009 May 25, 03:18

Totally agree with p1rha because this guy's one of the best free kick taker in the Liga Sagres, and I suggest:
FKA: 80
Curling: 78 at least (He curls the ball really well in His FK's)

Persee

Postby RB7 » 2009 May 25, 12:52

Again.. not at all.. he's pretty average and with the current value you can hit free kicks.. it's amazing how scoring one great free kick makes you look like a master.
About the curling.. it's a lot of power and little curl in most balls.. nothing more than what given.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Mik » 2009 May 25, 16:33

Now I must agree a little with RD7, with that stats you can score free kicks nicely, but then Cardozo should be reduced and a lot of players too! To be all equivalent. :D

Mik

PreviousNext

Return to Fenerbahçe SK