Bruno Alves

Moderator: Mod's

Bruno Alves

Postby JTMachado » 2008 Dec 09, 15:18

Spoiler: show
Bruno Eduardo Regufe Alves (born 27 November 1981) is a Portuguese football (soccer) player that plays as a central defender. He currently plays for FC Porto. He was best known for viciously delivering a headbutt into Nuno Gomes's face in the 2005-2006 FC Porto-Benfica for wich he received a red card. Known to be a violent player Bruno Alves became a more calm and concentrated player which surely helped him to show his true value to the team. Strong, tall, and almost invincible in the air, Alves gained a place to Ricardo Costa and João Paulo in FC Porto starting eleven this season and it seems very difficult for anyone to take it from him.

Last edited by RB7 on 2008 Dec 09, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.
JTMachado

by »

Re: BRUNO ALVES

Postby Romanista » 2010 Sep 06, 19:51

forza Roma, forza Armenia!!!
Romanista

Postby JMVP » 2010 Sep 07, 12:19

That is correct, he is 1,89 and every source points that way. Even konami got that one right.

And since i'm at it, i'd like to say i think he is overated in some areas. Just take a look at Lúcio and, even admiting Lúcio is underated, you'll notice some numbers don't fit very well, like both having the same defence value, or Bruno having the covering star.

According to the current PSDB stats, Bruno is probably a better defender than Lúcio, and that isn't right. You can blame Lúcio's slightly underrated stats, but that doesn't change the fact that Bruno is overated in some aspects like his defence value.

He has this massive leap and a 90 for BB, those are the skills that made him famous. He's a big and strong guy, yet he isn't so slow or heavy like most players of his size.
On the other hand he isn't exactly a sharp defender, with amazing positioning, reading of the game or tackling ability (in fact his tackling is quite poor). I mean, if i think of someone like Daniel Carriço who has an 81 for defence i reckon it's unfair, because Carriço positions himself just has good or even better than Bruno, and he's defenetly a better tackler. Not a better defender overall, because compared he lacks the physical presence of Bruno, which is a determinant factor. And objectively Bruno is not on pair with guys like Chivu, Méxes, Lúcio, Chielinni or Piqué in terms of positioning and tackling.
Bruno is a lord in the air, but if he faces a fast and technical opposition he is not so good. If we think about the PES game it self, he has the ability to push aside most players, just like in real life were he rarely tackles. Imo an 85 or even an 84 would suit Bruno better, making him more like the type of defender he is.

Italy:
85: Alessandro GAMBERINI, Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE, Kakhaber KALADZE, JUAN
84: Diego LOPEZ, FELIPE dal Belo, Marco MATERAZZI, THIAGO Emiliano da SILVA, Paolo CANNAVARO, Nicolás BURDISSO

Spain:
85: Tomáš UJFALUŠI, Cata DÍAZ, PEPE, GONZALO Rodríguez
84: Albert LOPO, David BELENGUER, Raúl ALBIOL, Julien ESCUDÉ, Sébastien SQUILLACI

England:
85: Thomas VERMAELEN, Phil JAGIELKA, Ledley KING, Matthew UPSON
84: Ryan NELSEN, Sylvain DISTIN, Brede HANGELAND, Kolo TOURÉ, Paulo DA SILVA

Germany:
85: Per MERTESACKER, Josip SIMUNIC
84: Martín DEMICHELIS, Daniel VAN BUYTEN, NALDO, GEROMEL, Christoph METZELDER, Arne FRIEDRICH, Simon KJÆR

Russia:
85: -
84: Sergei IGNASHEVICH, Roman SHARONOV

JMVP

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2010 Nov 15, 10:19

With those stats he should be playing in Real Madrid. :o

Drop his Defence to 84 like others said seems reasonable, also update his height to 189cm.

alawadhi3000

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Nov 15, 10:57

I agree with decreasing his DEF to 84.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby BigStu » 2010 Nov 16, 17:28

alawadhi3000 wrote:With those stats he should be playing in Real Madrid. :o

what the fuck, do you actually know anything?.................

BigStu

Postby Paddy » 2010 Nov 17, 08:47

He's right, Alves is definitely good enough for Madrid and these stats make him out to be, perhaps he's overrated a touch but he's a quality defender.

Paddy

Postby JMVP » 2010 Nov 17, 13:20

Paddy wrote:He's right, Alves is definitely good enough for Madrid and these stats make him out to be, perhaps he's overrated a touch but he's a quality defender.

Both Pepe and Carvalho are way better than him. Alves would be great for any EPL club because of his strength and aerial ability and the way his imposing figure pleases the fans. I can imagine him at Chelsea or United (more at Chelsea than United) but not in Madrid.

Anyway, if someone wants to change anything you might want to start with his height. After that defence, response and TW could be tweaked.

JMVP

Postby Paddy » 2010 Nov 17, 14:08

He's better than Albiol and well, Pepe is either frequently injured or banned, and well, Carvy is aging (yet still superb) and well, his fitness isn't as good as it was in 08, if he can finish the season with 30+ league games I'd be surprised. I'm not saying that Madrid should sign him, but he'd add a new dimension to their defence, definitely, a physical attribute which is lacking in a pairing of Carvalho and Pepe. I agree in what you'd tweak though.

Paddy

Postby cescjiang » 2010 Nov 17, 14:14

Anyway, the club and age are certainly out. And I remember he can play SB as well.

cescjiang

Postby yourigo » 2010 Nov 17, 14:40

when did he play as sideback?

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby JMVP » 2010 Nov 17, 14:49

Paddy wrote:He's better than Albiol and well, Pepe is either frequently injured or banned, and well, Carvy is aging (yet still superb) and well, his fitness isn't as good as it was in 08, if he can finish the season with 30+ league games I'd be surprised. I'm not saying that Madrid should sign him, but he'd add a new dimension to their defence, definitely, a physical attribute which is lacking in a pairing of Carvalho and Pepe. I agree in what you'd tweak though.

Pepe isn't injuried that frequently, he just had one terrible injury. He ruptured the knee ligament - i think it's the same injury brazilian Ronaldo had - and he had a long term stop. Carvalho is the best! Man i have Real Madrid TV and they have this program, it's called "La Tertullia" or whatever and they are constantly praising Carvalho, so much it get's boring!
The thing with him, imo of course, is that he kinda wasted some of the best years of his career in England, when he was clearly more suited to the italian or spanish leagues. I gotta admit i was really happy when he moved to Real because he's that player i really admire. And i trust he'll do more than 30 games, Real will be running for every title so there's plenty of games to be played. And following this logic than yeah, Bruno could play for Real but i can't imagine him as a starter, while i can totally imagine him as a Chelsea or United starter.

cescjiang wrote:Anyway, the club and age are certainly out. And I remember he can play SB as well.

Club, age and height. And i'm 99% sure he never played as a SB. The 1% is for that odd situation like Deco being played as a right SB but that doesn't mean he gets the position.

JMVP

Postby cescjiang » 2010 Nov 17, 14:57

JMVP wrote:
Paddy wrote:He's better than Albiol and well, Pepe is either frequently injured or banned, and well, Carvy is aging (yet still superb) and well, his fitness isn't as good as it was in 08, if he can finish the season with 30+ league games I'd be surprised. I'm not saying that Madrid should sign him, but he'd add a new dimension to their defence, definitely, a physical attribute which is lacking in a pairing of Carvalho and Pepe. I agree in what you'd tweak though.

Pepe isn't injuried that frequently, he just had one terrible injury. He ruptured the knee ligament - i think it's the same injury brazilian Ronaldo had - and he had a long term stop. Carvalho is the best! Man i have Real Madrid TV and they have this program, it's called "La Tertullia" or whatever and they are constantly praising Carvalho, so much it get's boring!
The thing with him, imo of course, is that he kinda wasted some of the best years of his career in England, when he was clearly more suited to the italian or spanish leagues. I gotta admit i was really happy when he moved to Real because he's that player i really admire. And i trust he'll do more than 30 games, Real will be running for every title so there's plenty of games to be played. And following this logic than yeah, Bruno could play for Real but i can't imagine him as a starter, while i can totally imagine him as a Chelsea or United starter.

cescjiang wrote:Anyway, the club and age are certainly out. And I remember he can play SB as well.

Club, age and height. And i'm 99% sure he never played as a SB. The 1% is for that odd situation like Deco being played as a right SB but that doesn't mean he gets the position.

Just some memories, maybe not clear. :(

cescjiang

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Nov 17, 15:09

JMVP wrote:Bruno could play for Real but i can't imagine him as a starter, while i can totally imagine him as a Chelsea or United starter.

True.

Luisao82

Postby da_ni » 2010 Nov 17, 17:38

The thing is, Bruno could easilly be playing in almost any club nowadays and he would still play at least 20/25 games per season, in any club, with maybe the exceptions of Madrid, barcelona, or Inter. Of course, I agree his Defense is overrated, I alreaddy sugested a decrease on that a few months ago, it's up to the mods to do the changings (if they havn't by no, I suppose it's becouse they don't agree with it...)
About SB, if he ever played there, was in his days at Farense or Guimarães, now he shureley doesn't deserve it.
I had alreaddy sujested some chnages i thought would replicate him better, but they were pushed aside, you can still have them in consideration, as well as JMPV's sugestion to decrease his TW and Response.

"My heart only has one colour: Blue and White!!
João D. Pinto
da_ni

Postby rossonero99 » 2011 Jan 19, 00:41

Bruno is now in russian club Zenit, he uses the number "3", update please.

VALERIA, SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA !
CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !
TANTE GRAZIE DIAVOLO PER IL #18
rossonero99

Postby PMC » 2011 Jan 19, 02:50

regarding the quality thing... Bruno Alves is a hell of a defender who could probably play for any top club if his style matches the club's philosophy.

I'm against you
PMC

Postby yourigo » 2011 Jan 19, 03:57

yeah he's very good, but i think sometimes he's too aggressive and individualistic. This wasn't a problem at porto because all the refs were bought of by pinto da costa (porto's president for over 20 years) and he had rolando playing alongside him, who is a very calm and composed defender, willing to make up for bruno's faults. they complemented eachother very well.

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Postby PMC » 2011 Jan 19, 06:20

that's a TW and maybe Aggression issue then

I'm against you
PMC

Postby Luisao82 » 2011 Jan 19, 06:27

Wasn't there a discussion to lower his DEF a bit? Whatever happened to it?

Luisao82

Postby yourigo » 2011 Jan 19, 13:56

PMC wrote:that's a TW and maybe Aggression issue then

i mean aggressive in his tackles, i'm not saying he comes high up the field (wich would be aggression stat). the only way i know of to make his tackle harder is low response and high balance, but i don't think those need to be changed, i was just saying my impressions on him, not sugesting stat changes. But i agree with luisao82, the real issue is defence: he currently stands at 86, wich is higher than kolo toure (84), vermaelen (85) and pepe (85). he needs to be lowered one or two points.

yourigo

PreviousNext

Return to Fenerbahçe SK