Re: Bafétimbi GOMIS

Postby Shadowx55x » 2009 Aug 28, 01:09

Gomis in Lyon Uniform :

For the good of the forum.......
Shadowx55x

Postby as_10 » 2009 Sep 15, 14:01

Change team in 1st post please. ;)

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
as_10

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Sep 15, 14:21

i dont watch this guy much, but is his ST that good? hes on par with Lampard and Gerrard, idk are there any nice goals he scored lately or something, videos?

N3KR0

Postby Ace » 2009 Sep 15, 19:31

nekroman619 wrote:i dont watch this guy much, but is his ST that good? hes on par with Lampard and Gerrard, idk are there any nice goals he scored lately or something, videos?

I think you didn't choice the right people to make a comparison. He's a CF and 85 is a great value for a CF....Lampard and Gerrard are AMF/CMF so an 85 for them will be world class, but not for a CF ;)

Ace

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Sep 26, 22:37

Ace wrote:
nekroman619 wrote:i dont watch this guy much, but is his ST that good? hes on par with Lampard and Gerrard, idk are there any nice goals he scored lately or something, videos?

I think you didn't choice the right people to make a comparison. He's a CF and 85 is a great value for a CF....Lampard and Gerrard are AMF/CMF so an 85 for them will be world class, but not for a CF ;)

Right right.
Okay then is he on the level with NIANG? SP:85 ST:83
:)

N3KR0

Postby bff » 2009 Oct 07, 21:44

lol!

he fainted during a france nt's training... :shock:

bff

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Oct 10, 11:39

Vandeach wrote:To be honest there are far more pressing concerns than his DA and TEC, imo.

His balance could be raised, probably even further considering his height and weight. He just does not get knocked about by anyone and it is his great physical strength that makes him such a threat, I'd say he could sit nicely on an 87. His stamina also looks low, he has bags of energy and runs for a lot of the match, conditioned like an olympic athlete, this could probably be an 85.

Also couldn't his defence be raised? His defending from the front is fairly decent and isn't lazy like his defence and mentality stats make out, I'd give him a 40+ for defence. Furthermore his LPA should be raised, at least to the site standards, LPA: 72 and LPS: 74 should do, he isn't a half bad crosser for a striker. Furthermore I'd lower his ST stat, yes he can score some wonderful goals, but for every wonder strike, there are 4 other complete mishits. He can, on occasion strike the ball very poorly and isn't a brilliantly cultured striker of the ball as much as 85 suggests, this could probably go down to an 83.

I'd also raise curling, his shots can have a fair bit of bend on them. Even the ones struck with fearsome power. His shots do have quite a nice curled quality and could probably sit on a 77/78. Also I know he is a threat in the air, but I'd lower value, his fantastic strength and jumping ability make him so hard to deal with in the air, his heading technique isn't great and doesn't generate the power via his neck muscles as much as Nimani or Šimic on an 83. Similarly I'd raise his jump though, he really does have a fantastic leap and is really very impressive the way he towers over some very tall defenders, would you say his jump is any worse than Cetto's, strangely enough Govou is rated 4 points above Gomis in jump :?.

Furthermore I'm also rather shocked to see his aggression value this low, he constantly makes attacking runs and I don't see how he is any less attacking than Kone, on an 89, who quite probably Gomis makes more attacking runs than. I'm also sure he isn't this lazy, hell he's on par with Berbatov! Gomis can quit when the going gets tough but generally closes players down to a decent extent, sure he's no Tevez but he can be fairly hard-working. I'd put this at a 77.

Anyone?

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby nonobus » 2009 Oct 10, 16:49

Vandeach wrote:To be honest there are far more pressing concerns than his DA and TEC, imo.

His balance could be raised, probably even further considering his height and weight. He just does not get knocked about by anyone and it is his great physical strength that makes him such a threat, I'd say he could sit nicely on an 87. His stamina also looks low, he has bags of energy and runs for a lot of the match, conditioned like an olympic athlete, this could probably be an 85.

Also couldn't his defence be raised? His defending from the front is fairly decent and isn't lazy like his defence and mentality stats make out, I'd give him a 40+ for defence. Furthermore his LPA should be raised, at least to the site standards, LPA: 72 and LPS: 74 should do, he isn't a half bad crosser for a striker. Furthermore I'd lower his ST stat, yes he can score some wonderful goals, but for every wonder strike, there are 4 other complete mishits. He can, on occasion strike the ball very poorly and isn't a brilliantly cultured striker of the ball as much as 85 suggests, this could probably go down to an 83.

I'd also raise curling, his shots can have a fair bit of bend on them. Even the ones struck with fearsome power. His shots do have quite a nice curled quality and could probably sit on a 77/78. Also I know he is a threat in the air, but I'd lower value, his fantastic strength and jumping ability make him so hard to deal with in the air, his heading technique isn't great and doesn't generate the power via his neck muscles as much as Nimani or Šimic on an 83. Similarly I'd raise his jump though, he really does have a fantastic leap and is really very impressive the way he towers over some very tall defenders, would you say his jump is any worse than Cetto's, strangely enough Govou is rated 4 points above Gomis in jump :?.

Furthermore I'm also rather shocked to see his aggression value this low, he constantly makes attacking runs and I don't see how he is any less attacking than Kone, on an 89, who quite probably Gomis makes more attacking runs than. I'm also sure he isn't this lazy, hell he's on par with Berbatov! Gomis can quit when the going gets tough but generally closes players down to a decent extent, sure he's no Tevez but he can be fairly hard-working. I'd put this at a 77.

I disagree with your suggestions about stamina, gomis is not that build like an athlete. He also don't run that much(not more than the standard CF). Actually he even get tired early in matches. The same for his defense and his mentality. Gomis doesn't track back enough to deserve more than 38(he doesn't track back more than a player like Niang). Since last year he is more lazy (even though he's not on the same level as berbatov...). Hopefully it seems that now at lyon he has shown yet good work-rate(even scoring decisive last minutes goals)

I also disagree with a lowering in his ST because it's one of his main strengh: he is great at volley and acrobatic shots, he can also score under pressure(he has shown it at Sté, EDF, and Lyon). The main issue is his SA, his finishing can be sometimes wasteful. By the way he doesn't seem to me to have particular curving in his strikes. A player like Lisandro has shown way more curl in his shots and passes since he's at Lyon, yet he has Curl76.

It's true gomis have a great jumping ability but his heading technique is also effective. He can put easily precision and power in his headers. I don't think he need a decrease in Header.

To summurize i agree and think about
LPA:70(he isn't on the same level as Lisandro)
LPS:72
CURL:77
JUMP:85
AGG:86
Mentality: 75

and *scoring( he hasproven enough to have the sense of a striker)

nonobus

Postby BiG TeL » 2010 Apr 01, 15:15

Cards:

P15 - Goal Poacher (Scoring+Lines)
S01 - Reaction (Reaction)

BiG TeL

Postby nonobus » 2010 Apr 12, 12:24

Global update.

nonobus

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 16, 23:24

Why the massive drop in Speed??

chanman

Postby nonobus » 2010 Apr 17, 11:32

Because nowadays he's particulary slow, also slower than Gignac or Frau. By the way was he really a fast player?

nonobus

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 17, 21:30

nonobus wrote:Because nowadays he's particulary slow, also slower than Gignac or Frau. By the way was he really a fast player?

No I don't think he is that fast, even at St. Etienne even didn't look fast he never beat players with too much speed just his ability to hold off players enough to shoot. I just remember him having 90 speed and such and I was wondering what made you feel to need to drop him so much. You could be right, I haven't watched much of him at Lyon but I do feel his DA is slighty to low he could at leat be a 79/80 he always seems to control the ball pretty decent in the box, not fantastic but good enough for him to beat players.

chanman

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Apr 24, 12:27

He deserved Incisive Run i think I didn't see his poaching goals. He is Fast Striker.

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby nonobus » 2010 Apr 24, 12:30

If gomis is nowadays fast, then Lisandro Lopez is C.Ronaldo...could you show one's of his goals who is not a poacher goal?

nonobus

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Apr 24, 12:31

in St. Etienne times. I can't see now.

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby Kanouté » 2010 May 10, 10:58

Well, I don't think he's that slow. In St. Etienne times, he was called "Panther" for his speed and I don't believe in that he deserves the current value. I think the main reason of decreasing his TS that much in Lyon time might be his lack of DS. So I suggest increasing his TS and decreasing his Acc and DS a bit.

Kanouté

Postby nonobus » 2010 May 22, 15:05

Update: TS:84.

nonobus

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Nov 07, 11:09

I don't think attack @ 84 plus scoring*/[]goal poacher is right. Maybe if he's mentality was in the 60s. Considering his BB and speed, he makes no impact, he's not at the required level. No intelligent runs, ideas, doesn't hold up possession well, gives up rather easily, just poses no threat. Do opposing sides even bother to mark him :lol: Booed off by his own fans vs Rennais. Applauded back sarcastically :D

IMO attack @ 82, ST @ 84 and mentality @ 74

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby nonobus » 2010 Nov 07, 11:32

Why do you want to decrease his ST ? Funny that you choose that match to bash him, because the overall press found that he made a quite good match. He hold up the possession quite well for a striker with his H/W, who his slow(84-82 for SP-ACC is not to be fast) and rather slow to react, who hasn't post player, and who is asked to play as a post player, made them do many fouls(then a winning FK by Bastos).

nonobus

PreviousNext

Return to Swansea City