Goran Pandev

Moderators: zuo, čale, crisfar, Epsi, Mod's

Goran Pandev

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 14:41

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Goran PANDEV

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 19, 15:07

okay, so a few suggestions i think he's slightly faster than this and can run with the ball quicker than this also, he's a fantastic dribbler and i think his DA could go up even further

Paddy

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 19, 16:01

Paddy wrote:okay, so a few suggestions i think he's slightly faster than this and can run with the ball quicker than this also, he's a fantastic dribbler and i think his DA could go up even further

I would have to disagree. I've seen him a lot, and TS 81 seems pretty generous. His dribbling & technique is already very high. Look at the Serie A ladders, and tell me who you think he is better or equal to. 85DA &87 tech look right to me. If his DS was high, he would beat people off of the dribble better, which he really dosn't do it with pace, but more technique or *tactical dribbles.

Don't know why you have sudden love for Lazio, but these stats seem okay. I know that Gooner was planning on making some stats, and he decided not to. So maybe he would like to chime in.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 20, 08:18

Well I would have had his Aggression higher for starters, he makes quite a lot of attacking runs and scores a lot of goals from close range. I'd have more or less put him in the 84-86 bracket

I'd have had his FKA higher too, whilst I can't remember him scoring a free-kick, he has taken them and used more placement that Fabregas does. So to see that there's a 5 point deficit between them, with Pandev being the lower, is somewhat puzzling. Obviously you don't want to put him too close to Christian Ledesma (nor should you) but I do think that a slight increase would be justified.
Equally, I'd have had his Curling higher. I remember that curling shot he scored for Ancona Calcio against Bologna. Also that Free Kick against Fiorentina showed decent curling, although he didn't actually score it (It went over the bar). Don't forget the chips that he has scored as well, the first one that comes to my mind is the one he scored against Reggina (or was it Perugia? I'm not sure).

What I am truly surprised about is the current Balance value he has. Pandev is definitely a hard player with great body balance and it's almost impossible for opponent defenders to beat him in physical duel, I've seen this numerous times when he has played for Macedonia.

However Paddy does have something of a point about his DA. Pandev does have fantastic control of the ball when running, and although I don't know how he'd fit on a Serie A ladder, he'd be ranked quite high in most other leagues. You look at the goal he scored against Juventus in the 04/05 season and think "Jesus Christ! Why does he not have a 90!" when you see him completely bamboozle Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram and Zebina. And there are numerous other examples of him doing this, do you remember his goal against Ascoli?

Tom

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 20, 10:22

DA: In looking at the ladder, he does seem better than the players he is currently grouped with. I would put him in the 87-89 range based on the ladder. I don't think his DA is as good as Totti who sits at 90, and I am pretty sure he is better than Mancini and Vucinic who sit at 86.

89: Antonio CASSANO, Mauro CAMORANESI, Alessandro DEL PIERO
88: Antonio DI NATALE
87: Fabrizio MICCOLI

Agg: I was okay with an 81 because he seems to be playing more of a SS role a lot, and isn't making those lines runs. But it could definitely go up some...but he is no Pippo :P
FK: Exactly, he has taken them, but hasn't scored. But yes, he often will line up for them, but usually Ledesma or Zarate will take them. He can definitely be in the 72/73 range.
Curling: Seems fair, I looked up a lot of his past goals and I see what you are saying. I'm thinking 78
Balance: In looking at the ladder 84 seems fair. That puts him on par with Douglas MAICON, Paolo MALDINI, Javier ZANETTI, JUAN, Zdravko KUZMANOVIC, RONALDINHO, Daniele BONERA, Paolo CANNAVARO

New Plus Previous Suggestion Summary:
Stamina: 83
Balance: 84
DA: 87-89
Response: 82
Agility: 83
FK: 72/73
Curl: 78
Aggression: 84-86
TW: 82

Thanks for the help Gooner!!

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Jan 07, 09:29

Updated!! 8-)

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Audacity » 2009 Feb 10, 19:18

One of my favorite players. Shouldn't he have higher mentality? 72 is ridiculous. That's for the Quaresmas of this world.

Audacity

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Feb 10, 21:39

Audacity wrote:One of my favorite players. Shouldn't he have higher mentality? 72 is ridiculous. That's for the Quaresmas of this world.

Quaresma's are around 67/68. He is much more hardworking than Quaresma. But if we are saying 76 is average for Mentality...I'd say he is below definitely below. And for Strikers the average probably should be like 74/75 because you don't want them tracking back too far. 72 may be a bit harsh, but its not terrible for Pandev.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Feb 11, 21:52

I am big fan of Pandev, but I would agree with jmg. I think mentality is fine.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby Audacity » 2009 Feb 13, 16:19

Still think mentality should be around 74-75.

Also, DS could go up, as well as ST. He can score some crazy goals.

Audacity

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Feb 13, 17:31

Is that judged on youtube vids at his best, or general play? I can still score crazy goals with him, just not every game.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 01, 12:07

This stats would make him a striker in Adebayor,Pato,Huntelaar quality.

Jaxinho

Postby Ace » 2009 Aug 01, 12:16

are you sure? he's not similar to Adebayor or Huntelaar, maybe he's similar to Pato but Pato is better (and his stats are better). I said it because I want to suggest you to compare him to SS, not CFs ;)

about Pandev stats, the only > 85 are DA and Technique, the others are in low 80s, so he's not a moster but a very good player (indeed he is, maybe a bit inconsistent this year) who plays for a medium level club.

Ace

Postby Jaxinho » 2009 Aug 01, 12:22

Ace wrote:are you sure? he's not similar to Adebayor or Huntelaar, maybe he's similar to Pato but Pato is better (and his stats are better)

about Pandev stats, the only > 85 are DA and Technique, the others are in low 80s, so he's not a moster but a very good player (indeed he is, maybe a bit inconsistent this year) who plays for a medium level club.

I dont said his similar to Adebayor or Huntelaar. I said from stats overall in same category. Not just DA and tech , also shot tech , aggression are 85. Overall his almost strong like Adebayor,Huntelaar.

Dribbling 87 looks really high for me. There is Mauro Zarate much better.

Jaxinho

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 02, 00:40

You need to let this one go...these are some of the most accurate stats on the database. They were made in collaboration by me and gooner at the end of last season.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Aug 02, 21:29

jmg721 wrote:You need to let this one go...these are some of the most accurate stats on the database. They were made in collaboration by me and gooner at the end of last season.

DS and TW need addressing, the former needs to be increased and latter lowered.

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 03, 02:53

I actually disagree Ron ;) I feel his dribblnig is good because he is tight with the ball to his feet but he is never beating people with his DS. His DS is okay AT BEST IMO. He is slow and methodical with the ball. Considering his 81TS and 83Acc....I think anything above an 80 would be overrating :ugeek:

I can't remember the reasoning behind the 82 in TW....but what is the reasoning for lowering it? His passing stats aren't that great, and he isn't a selfish player.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Aug 03, 18:49

jmg721 wrote:I actually disagree Ron ;) I feel his dribblnig is good because he is tight with the ball to his feet but he is never beating people with his DS. His DS is okay AT BEST IMO. He is slow and methodical with the ball. Considering his 81TS and 83Acc....I think anything above an 80 would be overrating :ugeek:

I can't remember the reasoning behind the 82 in TW....but what is the reasoning for lowering it? His passing stats aren't that great, and he isn't a selfish player.

My thinking was, with his incredible tech and DA, he should have no problem running with the ball. But I think you're right, not sure if 80+ would be overrating him tho, but he does look painfully slow... it's weird in a way. As for TW I think he should be lower than Rocchi, he's more selfish, goes straight for goal whenever he can rather exchange quick passes. IMO 79 is a more representative number.

Rfuna

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 03, 21:39

Rfuna wrote:As for TW I think he should be lower than Rocchi, he's more selfish, goes straight for goal whenever he can rather exchange quick passes. IMO 79 is a more representative number.

When you say it like that it seems like a no brainer and should be updated. But the point I will bring up is that they have 2 different Registered Positions. For a CF to have high TW isn't always a good thing. Couldn't that make them less selfish and pass when they have a good scoring opportunity? So they might be on different scales.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Aug 03, 22:02

jmg721 wrote:
Rfuna wrote:As for TW I think he should be lower than Rocchi, he's more selfish, goes straight for goal whenever he can rather exchange quick passes. IMO 79 is a more representative number.

When you say it like that it seems like a no brainer and should be updated. But the point I will bring up is that they have 2 different Registered Positions. For a CF to have high TW isn't always a good thing. Couldn't that make them less selfish and pass when they have a good scoring opportunity? So they might be on different scales.

in anycase, Pandev isn't the type participate in swift passing moves. He currently sits 1pt away from Del Piero which to me doesn't make sense, and he shouldn't be level with Mutu either. He should probably be registered as a CF since even Lavezzi likes to further back and thread passes in the penalty area. Pandev in constrast likes to run into the area to recieve a pass (either from Zarate or Foggia).

Rfuna

Next

Return to SSC Napoli