Moderator: Mod's

Gennaro Gattuso

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 13:35

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Gennaro GATTUSO

Postby Vandeach » 2010 Jan 20, 16:51

Rfuna wrote:
Alcohomicide wrote:Van, I aint saying I agree or disagree with it - but how much Gattuso have you seen this season? :P
Exactly. It would be "utter madness" if you hadn't watched Gattuso at all this season yet still felt the need to jump at me like a "mad dog on speed". Actually, you stating that he makes laser accurate tackles makes me wonder if you watched him at all last season. Gattuso is still fiery at heart but he doesn't contest or fight as hard as he once did. It was also the case last season but I put it down to injury or loss of form. But even now, when he has lost the captaincy and even been dropped to the bench, he hasn't been able to reproduce the style of play he has been known for all these years. If you haven't yet noticed I haven't updated anything yet, I"m still waiting, even for a glimpse. BUt then those of you waiting to watch him, you may have to wait a while since he no longer holds a starting berth. although with Seedorf is at present injured and a derby match coming up game after next, i this weekends match vs Siena will be perfect to catch Gatusso, and even Flamini.

I have watched Gatusso 3/4 times this season, yet I concede that my thoughts are based mainly on the two seasons before that, rather than this one. My main concern is such a drastic drop during such a short period of time, I would understand maybe if at the start of the season you wanted to drop it a few points, Gatusso tackling is still top, top class, and whilst his tackling was certainly erratic last season, you cannot say that in quite a few games, his tackling was spot on. You've obviously seen more of him than me this season, and most likely last season but I am still firmly against dropping him by such a massive amount, I mean, do you really think Flamini's been showing a greater work-rate than Gatusso? Also, Prosser as I stated before, he is not an 'Anchor Man' type player, anyway, I thought you'd left the forum? Can you go please?

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby nico90 » 2010 Jan 20, 19:44

I'm not watching Milan regularly this season, so I cant state anything about his mentality and work rate in general. However, knowing what kind of player he is, I can say that whit no doubts he needs *Enforcer and in the same way he DOESN'T need *Anchor Man.. he isn't stuck in front of the defence, no way!! He runs all over the pitch, with some (not so rare) forward movements.

nico90

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jan 20, 20:09

Vandeach wrote:I have watched Gatusso 3/4 times this season, yet I concede that my thoughts are based mainly on the two seasons before that, rather than this one. My main concern is such a drastic drop during such a short period of time
Oh its been on my mind for quite a while. He still has that same 'fire' in his eyes but it doesn't carry through the whole 90 minutes like in the good old days. And as I mentioned eariler, he has lost the captaincy and been dropped from the starting 11. You would think, like Flamini (and yes I think Flamini could in fact sit higher on the mentality ladder), that any minutes he gets on the pitch he bring his A game and go all out, tackling, shoving and pushing, literally kicking the shit out of anything that moves :lol: He's a hardworker no doubt, but, well, it seems the dog has finally lost its bite. Anyway, I'm not too bothered in how massive the drop is from his original value, what matters is how he compares to other combative midfielders in serie a and Europe (taking all other stats into consideration of course).

Vandeach wrote:anyway, I thought you'd left the forum? Can you go please?
oooh, nice :lol: No worries matey, soon. Very soon.

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby Vandeach » 2010 Jan 20, 20:18

I was talking to prosser, not you Ron. ;) I mean if you went, who would I argue with in Serie A?

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jan 31, 04:38

oh Gennaro "Mad Dog" Gattuso, taken off after just 45 minutes in a derby match, oh how the mighty have fallen :D .

So here's the scenario:

Gattuso's 11 games deep, around 800 minutes, half as a starter, the remaining half coming off the bench. He's had injury plagued latter half of the season in 08/09, and then the beginning of 09/10. He's effectively lost his starting place in midfield and the Milan captaincy, both to Ambrosini. This past derby game was the perfect setting to make his comeback, he was sent off in the last meeting and a result Milan received a drubbing so brutal Milan were then forced into self-reflection and subsequently, a creative (albeit temporary) rebirth. In the derby game he was overrun by a slow Inter midfield, he was yard too slow, lethargic in the tackle and seemingly disinterested at times... vs Udinese midweek he allowed the 3-man Udinese midfield to control the tempo and maintain control of the match throughout. Its understandable some of you want to give him time to get over whatever it is that's hindering his performances. So i think we should take a 'gradual' more measured course with his stats, for example lower stamina and mentality so that they are still at a high standard but not the highest. THerefore I suggest:

stamina @ 88
mentality @ 90

and then:

SPA @ 78
SPS @ 77
BB @ 85
TW @ 87
consistency @ 7
remove covering* and marking*
P14 - Enforcer

Thoughts?

Rfuna

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2010 Jan 31, 04:45

Agree. He's not the same :cry:

brazilianpesfan

Postby Tom » 2010 Jan 31, 14:56

nico90 wrote:...and in the same way he DOESN'T need *Anchor Man.. he isn't stuck in front of the defence, no way!! He runs all over the pitch, with some (not so rare) forward movements.

Deep-sitting doesn't mean static. It just refers to where the player will be put in the formation.

Tom

Postby nico90 » 2010 Jan 31, 16:27

GoonerLover66 wrote:
nico90 wrote:...and in the same way he DOESN'T need *Anchor Man.. he isn't stuck in front of the defence, no way!! He runs all over the pitch, with some (not so rare) forward movements.

Deep-sitting doesn't mean static. It just refers to where the player will be put in the formation.

I didn't explained well, but i didn't mean static..I just wanted to say that this isn't his position..he isn't "deep-sitting"

nico90

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jan 31, 16:34

nico90 wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:

I didn't explained well, but i didn't mean static..I just wanted to say that this isn't his position..he isn't "deep-sitting"

actually, in recent matches, he has been positioned deep as the anchor man in midfield

Rfuna

Postby nico90 » 2010 Jan 31, 18:36

Than, it's my fault. I didn't consider recent times; btw, if gattuso is in front of the defence, where is Pirlo??

nico90

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jan 31, 18:50

nico90 wrote:Than, it's my fault. I didn't consider recent times; btw, if gattuso is in front of the defence, where is Pirlo??

Well Seedorf has had a slight injury so Pirlo has that role behind the forwards, although it's more a free role, roaming around the midfield, while plays more centrally. And then Gattuso sits behind the both of them.

Rfuna

Postby adieet » 2010 Feb 08, 17:15

okay.. agreed...i guess this is more realistic.
SPA @ 78
SPS @ 77
BB @ 85
TW @ 87

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Postby Zeem » 2010 Feb 22, 07:55

Well stamina has dropped. Yesterday he had his hands on his waist at 78 minutes and looked tired and then he was substituted at 80. I was watching the Manchester game from 3 years ago a while back and my he definately is not the same. He ran from Ronaldo to Evra and the others shaking his body right and left when he reached them to scare them ALL game long. I tried that once, couldn't last for 10 minutes. So I agree with a value between 88-90.

As for mentality, dropped a bit but still I have to watch some more to see if it drastically dropped. :)

Zeem

Postby adieet » 2010 Mar 14, 03:50

update as Rfuna suggested ?
yes.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Mar 15, 20:05

edited stamina, BB, Sps, Lpa, Tw, and mentality. Removed slide* and marking*

Rfuna

Postby zuo » 2010 Jun 06, 12:13

Lowered Consistency to 6. Added Index Cards.

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby Rfuna » 2010 Jun 06, 14:47

zuo wrote:Lowered Consistency to 6. Added Index Cards.

played like a man possessed yesterday vs Switzerland. Like it was his first cap.

Rfuna

Postby zuo » 2010 Jun 06, 15:28

Rfuna wrote:
zuo wrote:Lowered Consistency to 6. Added Index Cards.

played like a man possessed yesterday vs Switzerland. Like it was his first cap.

yep,i saw that...he's still full of pride and tough. he knows that he has to show that he's still needed in the group....
at least to prove Lippi he wasnt wrong. but honestly consistency 7 was clearly gone...even at the previous update.

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby Alex_10 » 2010 Jun 07, 21:41

and pulled off some nice dribblings here and there.. Seems a light year distant from the barking dog from Scotland :lol:

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby midivial » 2010 Jul 06, 10:15

when are we going to see a classic gattuso stats since he is on the verge of moving out of europian football

midivial

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players