Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Didier Drogba

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:19

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Didier DROGBA

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 30, 09:32

nekroman619 wrote:
Chelseakid08 wrote:nope shot powers fine as it is and could even be lowered a point

Agree he is great as is.
what do you think about TECH?
no one mentioned his 1st touch, it's simply WORLD CLASS, he rarely loses the balls when his legs get on them, from whatever position!

so true his tech is amazing

BigStu

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Aug 30, 10:25

Chelseakid08 wrote:
nekroman619 wrote:
Chelseakid08 wrote:nope shot powers fine as it is and could even be lowered a point

Agree he is great as is.
no one mentioned his 1st touch, it's simply WORLD CLASS, he rarely loses the balls when his legs get on them, from whatever position!

What numbers do you think he should have?
i'd go for something big really.

N3KR0

Postby jackcarver7 » 2009 Aug 30, 10:42

nekroman619 wrote:
Chelseakid08 wrote:
nekroman619 wrote:

Agree he is great as is.

Agree with that! How big? 90?

jackcarver7

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Aug 30, 10:48

jackcarver7 wrote:
nekroman619 wrote:
Chelseakid08 wrote:
nekroman619 wrote:

Agree he is great as is.

Agree with that! How big? 90?

Well that's kinda too big.
Maybe 87-88

N3KR0

Postby jackcarver7 » 2009 Aug 30, 10:52

Umm ok sounds good to me...

jackcarver7

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 30, 11:49

ill agree with 88 but i think it could be 89

BigStu

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 30, 12:04

Guys, I've been saying how great Drogba's touch is for a long time, and I had quite a few disagrees, but now where going up to extremes. I'm not sure his touch is quite 'world class', especially considering the effect it will have on his dribbling, I'm going with an 86 value, anything higher is over the top, to be honest.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 30, 12:11

Vandeach wrote:Guys, I've been saying how great Drogba's touch is for a long time, and I had quite a few disagrees, but now where going up to extremes. I'm not sure his touch is quite 'world class', especially considering the effect it will have on his dribbling, I'm going with an 86 value, anything higher is over the top, to be honest.

i know i sound like such a noob here but how does tech affect dribbling exactly?

BigStu

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Aug 30, 12:15

Vandeach wrote:Guys, I've been saying how great Drogba's touch is for a long time, and I had quite a few disagrees, but now where going up to extremes. I'm not sure his touch is quite 'world class', especially considering the effect it will have on his dribbling, I'm going with an 86 value, anything higher is over the top, to be honest.

IMO, he showed that he is 'world class' over the past few years.

But dont you think he is better or on par with these guys for example?
87: Andrei ARSHAVIN, Yossi BENAYOUN, Ryan GIGGS, Steed MALBRANQUE, Florent MALOUDA, Wayne ROONEY, Nicolas ANELKA, Selim BENACHOUR, David SILVA, Jose Antonio REYES, Jesus NAVAS, JOAQUÍN Sánchez, Giuseppe ROSSI, Luis FABIANO,
David VILLA, Cristiano DONI, Goran PANDEV, Jérémy MENEZ, Daniel CARVALHO

Drogba keeps the ball well, we should also remember his weight, height, BB.
If we put him on 86, i have to disagree with lowering his BB, because he is still one of the strongest guys in the EPL, though he dives alot, but he is just strong when he wants to be strong, he turns to a monster, no one can catch him, if you watch the last Chelsea games you'll see how he pass defenders easily, he knocks them out like chickens, no one can catch him, he is just moody sometimes.

N3KR0

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 30, 12:35

I have said in the EPL technique ladder that there seems to be a general overrating of the technique value, Malbrannque, Malouda, Anelka and Benayoun are overrated, however I don't rate his touch as good as Arshavin's or Pandev's. Also Chelsea, the technique stat generally improves the quality of his dribbling, and is not just about his first touch, it is a stat for ball control in general.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Aug 30, 13:33

You have a point there, the players you mentioned are overrated, but Arshavin has to go up anyways.
I still think Drogba should be at 87 while Anelka, Malouda go DOWN 1/2 points, and Arshavin go UP 1/2 points too.

N3KR0

Postby BigStu » 2009 Aug 30, 14:17

Also Chelsea, the technique stat generally improves the quality of his dribbling, and is not just about his first touch, it is a stat for ball control in general.

thanks van, ill bear that in mind when rating tech and drib acc in future, never new they were related.

BigStu

Postby SkorPion » 2009 Aug 31, 02:05

Needs Updating
Suggestions
Attack 93 (He is better than Anelka,Or Overrated Attack Anelka)
Stamina : 85
SA: 84
SP: 91
ST: 90
FKA: 82
Curling : 81
Tech : 88-90
SPA : 75
SPS: 76
LPA: 76
LPS: 77
Jump : 84 ??? 86-88

CHELSEA FC

" Here Comes The Metal Meltdown
Run For Your Lives
Can't Stop The Metal Meltdown
No-One Survives
"
SkorPion

Postby jackcarver7 » 2009 Aug 31, 14:49

Hey whos in charge of Update him??

jackcarver7

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Aug 31, 15:47

Myself, and I will ignore suggestions like the ones above because they haven't been given valid reasons, besides, most of them are completely wrong. Right where do I start.

Defence: He's going back a bit now, and tracking back into defence, he isn't afraid to get a tackle in and can sometimes be seen defending from the front, I think he could go up a few points to a 38.

Balance: Obviously a debatable one, but I'd lower his balance by two, on his day he is the strongest forward in the Premier League but he goes down too often to have a value bordering god region, in my opinion. A 92 is still an excellent value, but is more reflective of Drogba's tendency to fall.

Passing: I feel his passing could be raised a notch, his one-two's with Anelka have really been quite good and his SPA could probably sit on a 73 value, with speed staying the same. I'd also make a tweak to his long passing, with his accuracy coming up to a 72, and a possible point increase in LPS.

Shooting: I feel maybe we where a bit rash to lower his SA, his finishing for the most part is very good and you can see how often he finds the bottom corners, I think it can go back to the original 85 value for SA, with some other obvious tweaks to the ladder. I'd also lower his SP a bit, I don't quite feel he has this much strength in his shots as say Lampard or Scholes. I think an 88 would suit Drogba better, on par with Aquilani.

Technique:

Mentality: He isn't this lazy anymore and has showed some decent determination towards the end of last season and at the start of this season, his mentality could come up a notch to 76, still allowing him to be lazy, but will put in some effort on a 'yellow arrow' day.

Vandeach

Postby p1rha » 2009 Aug 31, 16:12

Vandeach, i agree with the sugestions except for the shooting stats, they'r fine the way they r imo. Personally i play him with sa:83/sp:89/st:91 and i find him very realistic (high ST helps a lot on his powershots). And SPA could easly be 74.

p1rha

Postby jackcarver7 » 2009 Aug 31, 16:36

p1rha wrote:Vandeach, i agree with the sugestions except for the shooting stats, they'r fine the way they r imo. Personally i play him with sa:83/sp:89/st:91 and i find him very realistic (high ST helps a lot on his powershots). And SPA could easly be 74.

Agree... he is able to make goals from very difficult angles (ST:91 is fair)

jackcarver7

Postby SkorPion » 2009 Sep 07, 16:48

Nrby wrote:Name: Didier Drogba Tebily

Club: Chelsea FC
Number: 11
Position: CF*
Nationality: Ivorian Image

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 188
Weight: 84

Attack: 91
Defence: 50
Balance: 94
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 87
Response: 89
Agility: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 81
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 89
Shot Technique: 95
Free Kick Accuracy: 82
Curling: 81
Header: 91
Jump: 89
Technique: 88
Aggression: 91
Mentality: 80
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 80

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Positioning
*Scoring
*Post Player
*1-Touch Pass

One of the world's best strikers, Drogba has become a prolific goal scorer for Chelsea and has a impressive strike rate for the Ivory Coast with 28 goals in 40 appearances. In 2007 Drogba was named as the Ivorian player of the year, he is known for his strength, power, ruthless finishing and his ability to dominate defenders. Drogba has been a key player for Chelsea over the last two seasons and last season he made 49 appearances and scored 26 goals in all competitions, he also provides a lot of goal scoring assists and is the club's first choice striker.

Credit To GoonerLover66

Last edited by SkorPion on 2009 Sep 14, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
CHELSEA FC

" Here Comes The Metal Meltdown
Run For Your Lives
Can't Stop The Metal Meltdown
No-One Survives
"
SkorPion

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 08, 21:35

Why on earth is his DS so low?

Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 09, 15:38

Also would anyone argue with raising his Swerve? His free kicks are mainly based around his ability to dip the ball rather than complete accuracy.

Paddy

PreviousNext

Return to Chelsea FC