Gareth Barry

Moderators: BigStu, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Jez, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Gareth Barry

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:03

Vranny

Re: Gareth Barry

Postby Vranny » 2014 Jan 20, 02:08

Hey Jurgens, this query might be better suited for the "Attributes explained" section, but I was just seeking some thoughts on Barry's value of Form: 6 in his set.

Is this due to Barry's tendency towards generally consistent performances, without often playing out of his skin in matches? Or possibly related to a perceived lack of fitness while playing with City?

The Form/Condition stat is one that I've never really tested before, so I love to hear some of thoughts to better help me rate players in the future.
Everton F.C.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2014 Jan 20, 23:18

Is this due to Barry's tendency towards generally consistent performances, without often playing out of his skin in matches? Or possibly related to a perceived lack of fitness while playing with City?

Mostly the first, but a little of the second. As last season he wasn't as good as the year before, so it seemed fitting to bring his form down a notch or two. If barry's back to his best, which I belive he is... he the sort of player that wouldn't look a miss with 7 form imo.
Vranny

Postby Vranny » 2014 Jan 20, 23:42

jurgens wrote:Mostly the first, but a little of the second. As last season he wasn't as good as the year before, so it seemed fitting to bring his form down a notch or two. If barry's back to his best, which I belive he is... he the sort of player that wouldn't look a miss with 7 form imo.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been working on an Everton only Form ladder with Barry at 7 and it would change quite dramatically with him at 6 instead, so it was good to hear some reasoning.

Just looking at Gareth this season for Everton in isolation I've felt he's been a "Form: 7" in terms of consistency, but at the same time I'm not sure if his fitness will hold up to quite the same standard come the end of the season (guess we'll have to wait and see on that one).

P.S. While on the topic of Form what would you personally rate it for Leighton Baines, keeping in mind that he's one of only 6/7? with Form: 8 by Konami's defaults, yet gets a 7 on psd where we tend to be more generous in giving such ratings (more an assumption from experience. Having a form ladder on the site would be great in determining such things)?
Everton F.C.
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2014 Jan 21, 00:08

Take this with a grain of salt as there are many individual cases which may deserve special attention, but we usually tend to follow some guidelines when rating Condition. As you probably have guessed, it's somehow a balance between "total number of matches played" and "consistency of good performances throughout all those matches". Condition/Form 8 is usually reserved for players who have proven they can play around 50-60 matches in a season and still offer good performances most of the time. Of course, in order to prove such a thing a player needs to be in a team that plays several competitions (i.e. EPL + Cups + UCL/EL). So Form 7 is usually the top notch for players from 'minor' teams, as they usually simply have no way of proving they can actually deserve Cond 8.

Examples that come to mind:

Rooney -> physical issues prevent him from playing a huge amount of matches nowadays, and even when on shape he tends to be inconsistent, so Cond 4 (at least according to past season).
Özil -> able to play around 50-55 games a season without issues, but inconsistent player, so Cond 5.
CRonaldo, Messi (past seasons) -> freaks that play 55 games or more (without even counting NT matches), at pretty much top gear most of the time, Cond 8.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
DEF has nothing to do with positioning.
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Vranny

Postby Vranny » 2014 Jan 21, 00:36

I still think with some players you can almost sense/gamble on them being Form: 8, even if they don't quite have the opportunity to play 50-60 games for season (due to lack of UCL/EL + NT matches). For instance I would've rated Leighton Form: 8 as recently as early 2013, despite only having played 40-50 matches during most seasons.

Why? Well on top of his exemplary consistency between about 2009-2013 he would just never get rested. Ever (played every minute of 2010/11 & 2012/13 for example). No matter the match (I'm talking cup games against league 1 opposition, etc). And he'd still play consistently brilliantly.

This argument is a bit more rhetorical now, as Bainesy has lost a decent amount of his previous form over the last 12 months and I'd only be willing to give him the 7 he currently has, but I still think giving Form: 8 shouldn't be completely ruled out to non Europe participating players.
Everton F.C.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2014 Jan 28, 04:09

P.S. While on the topic of Form what would you personally rate it for Leighton Baines, keeping in mind that he's one of only 6/7? with Form: 8 by Konami's defaults, yet gets a 7 on psd where we tend to be more generous in giving such ratings (more an assumption from experience.

I've never watched everton consistently enough to give any real feedback on baines.

Having a form ladder on the site would be great in determining such things)?

Yeah, would be good. But we don't seem to have the ability to implement/fix really anything atm... we are still working with a buggy editor... and the classics one hasn't worked right for like a year or something.
Vranny

Postby Vranny » 2014 Jan 29, 08:27

In regards to the ladders; I was hoping their was a quick fix or something simple that could be implemented, but it's understandable if any change is too difficult/not possible.

Also on Barry, I think following the Christmas fixtures and a lack of rotation that fatigue is already starting to affect his performances, so Form: 6 is probably the most suitable value for him anyway.
Everton F.C.
mr.Boss

Postby mr.Boss » 2014 Jun 04, 12:09

Move him to Free Agents cause his 1 year loan at Everton ended as well as his five years contract with Manchester City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Barry
PMTP & Mia San Mia
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2017 Oct 16, 21:24

Condition/Fitness/Form is too high for his current self. 4 would be more representative, just average form. Actually he has been "blue arrow" (if stats in first post are current) most of the time I seen him this season.

Even with a lower form, his passing might be a tad to much, both LPA and SPA are not as accurate as 85 indicates, and though his vision is still their to attempt good passes, the attempts get messed up often...a -2 to both areas would not be disservice.

Dribbling, at least in three separate matches on a few occasions he has gotten the ball completely stuck under his feet and failed to dribble from a stationary position, instead he took so long to bring it under control that he was dispossessed. I am not sure if its TECH or DA, his touch is okay in other instances, and he can dribble a bit, but there is definitely a weakness in his game that is constantly being exploited by opposition - and to get that in PES he needs a reduction.

Defence 77 seems a bit much, draws a few too many fouls in challenges compared to C. Dawson (78) and Krycha (77 I think he might need to be 76)..could be due to his physical attributes being poor and thus he gets caught out by the tempo of the matches? Not completely sure here yet.

Return to “West Bromwich Albion FC”