Grzegorz Krychowiak

Moderators: BigStu, Welbeck19, Phil, Brahms, Jez, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Grzegorz Krychowiak

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Apr 10, 10:19

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show
GRZEGORZ KRYCHOWIAK | Skills | Sevilla | 2014/2015 (HD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTHutzqkgaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBsHODPu3Qk
Penalty (0:50) in Poland U21 -

http://w978.wrzuta.pl/film/0cViJnuNEvD/ ... _4-3_skrot

DESCRIPTION:
http://pl.soccerway.com/players/grzegorz-krychowiak/95786/

Stats based on Polish U21 National Teams games.Don't know how he looks in France, so suggestions for more correct set will be welcomed, a especially in terms of passing. In Stade de Reims Krychowiak was one of the best, current form in Nantes is unknown.

Krychowiak - good powerfull long shoot, tackling, header, fighter and leadership type, problems with correct reading game, catching many cards

maels

Re: Grzegorz Krychowiak

Postby maels » 2016 Jan 13, 08:55

Defence 78 - 79
Heading - 83
Jump - 84
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Jan 25, 01:13

Was a beast in the midfield today, I thought the match between the Broncos vs Patriots had started early and I was watching Gronkowski barge his way past players :lol: . Again good top speed today.

I agree, I can see his Defence up a point or two, maybe with response down one point.

Jump also, as suggested above, with a raise to 84 would be correct, shows whenever I see him, really good leap..can't comment if the header should go up though.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Feb 15, 22:48

So I was reading about him after stumbling around on the internet, as one does, and I came across a couple interesting anecdotes/factoids:

Apparently the morning after Sevilla's Europa Cup win last year, which took place in Warsaw, Adam Nawalka, the Polish National team head coach, went for a 6am swim to a local fitness centre and found Krychowiak already there doing laps... :lol: ..Nawalka asked why he wasn't celebrating/partying after the win, Krychowiak replied, “I don’t drink alcohol and I had too much adrenaline. I couldn’t sleep, so I just went for a workout.”

A bit more from him:

“Physical preparation is the key to success...Otherwise you can’t play on a high level every three or four days, it’s impossible...You have to be professional and take care of your body, because a footballer's career doesn’t last forever. I always imagine and visualise that it's like a game of tennis and everything depends on me – how I prepare myself for the challenge. I always have to be 100% ready.”

“There are a million things I can still improve,” Krychowiak concludes. “The moment I start thinking that I'm a finished product as a player will be the moment I start regressing...I believe I can be a much better, more complete player at the end of 2016.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/grz ... antbRR8mBA

Also he apparently, a few months later, played the Super Cup vs Barcelona with a broken rib - all 120 mins...lol that's the kinda stuff that earns a classic player a 95 mentality :mrgreen:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546 ... and-return

Aabove article also featured a tweet from ArsenalFanTV, "Grzegorz Krychowiak made more tackles & Interceptions (204) than any other midfielder in La Liga last season (via @WhoScored)"

Mad respect, I'm really starting to like this guy.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Feb 26, 00:38

GRZEGORZ KRYCHOWIAK | Skills | Sevilla | 2014/2015 (HD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTHutzqkgaM

Above can be added to first post.

Second link in first post does not work.
http://w978.wrzuta.pl/film/0cViJnuNEvD/ ... _4-3_skrot

Did not realize I had seen him play years ago at the U-21 World Cup in Canada, lol that goal vs Brazil, I remember the moment but not the player, funny to be reminded of it as I study him now.

Of the stats, some other things could be adjusted WFA/WFF to 6 he plays the ball with his left without pause and error if he so oriented, does not really look to shift it to the right. The passing, his little chips and balls over the top have seemed neat and accurate since I started paying attention to him last autumn - but I had no idea he had that sort of range though as highlighted in the video I linked..I would like to see more but I am thinking LPA upped a bit to 80/81.

I hope he is back in time to face Barca on the weekend (has been out for three weeks or so, some knee thing)
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Mar 09, 19:35

Oriello wrote:Also he apparently, a few months later, played the Super Cup vs Barcelona with a broken rib - all 120 mins...lol that's the kinda stuff that earns a classic player a 95 mentality :mrgreen:

I suggested to raise his mentality to mid yellows in november 2014, and I still stand by this.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Mar 09, 22:02

I'm going to post a detailed analysis maybe on the weekend, i still have about 10 more matches to get through of Sevilla and Poland. But yes I'm currently of the same opinion of MENT to 84-85, same commitment, drive and concentration of Bonucci in a variety of adverse situations - I'll go into greater detail later.

fitzcarraldo, I would like to ask if you still see him having "worldclass" stamina (you mentioned it on the previous page)? And why?

As after watching him specifically I rate him in the 80-83 range, reasons being he: if he chases players down and closes spaces aggressively in the first half (like at Barcelona in 2014) he struggles in the second half and gets tanked out by the 75th minute, even with his typical style in other matches (some lower league La liga teams where Sevilla are under less pressure) he got tired by the 83rd and would just walk around - his Mentality is what drives him to go mental or put in a defensive/attacking sprint if the team is on the ropes/losing but otherwise he is anti-Gattuso style of harrying and harassing, but more like Busquets (less response but better def) covering spaces, putting in a challenge if he must/is well positioned but otherwise letting the others behind him put pressure on the attacker (thus minimizing how many fouls he might commit and concede needless freekicks/penalties), also compared to players like Modric, Marchisio he is far away for me from them in how much active movement he puts in looking/demanding the ball, just comparing him with Busquets (closest in style) Busquets moves around up and down more and keeps better energy to the late parts of matches...this might be a bit to do with how much of the ball Barca usually have compared to Sevilla's style, but Krychowiak tends to engage in mostly lateral covering movement, only going into an aggressive mode if Sevilla are trailing (but I see that more as him pushing himself, as he is clearly tired, but if someone is on a break away or there is a chance to rampage up he will go full throttle, only to go back to 80% light jog-walk.

Part of why I think he has low stamina levels is attributable to his physique, hes jacked (built like a bodybuilder rather than a typical footballer): Busquets http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/ ... 234108.jpg vs Krychowiak https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/greg.jpg (look at that neck, as big as his head, he belongs in the NFL not in futbol) . Just personal experience with bodybuilders, they tend to be worse at cardio because of the amount of muscle they carry, hence a greater energy load to move that bulk, more oxygen and quicker build up of Lactose, simply they just tire easier.. more simply, compare the physique of Olympic sprinters and marathon runners. This I believe is Krychowiak, he has incredible combos of acceleration, speed, strength and jump but he is not like the gazelle Marchisio who can run and run and run, oh and run again to give you an option for a pass, Krychowiak conversely seems to conserve himself for critical moments, cuz if he is forced to run he's basically a zombie late on in a match, except when heroics are required.

..Okay went on a rant there..opps lol..but all this stuff about stamina is inter-related to other aspects..anyways let me know why you see him at a world class level, I would love another view on him.
fitzcarraldo

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2016 Mar 09, 22:55

Oriello wrote:fitzcarraldo, I would like to ask if you still see him having "worldclass" stamina (you mentioned it on the previous page)? And why?
[...]
Part of why I think he has low stamina levels is attributable to his physique, hes jacked

Well, he tends to walk heavily, and I agree it is because of his quite impressive physique. Some things are inevitable, and he is relatively heavy... Yet he finds energy to chase an opponent anytime and anywhere, just to catch him and tackle the ball. I think we can mix stamina and mentality to replicate his style.

There are 4 statistics which I don't really like to overrate, one of them is stamina, so I'm more than okay with it's lowering (for the curious ones other 3 are response, aggression and.. mentality)

Those seem reasonable:

Stamina: 82
Mentality: 85

or those:

Stamina: 81
Mentality: 86
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Mar 10, 00:45

I am thinking similar ratios fritzcarraldo.

ffs I wrote "Lactose" above smh, I meant lactate/lactic acid, I should proof read more - yeah despite being a great athlete, Krychowiak DOES NOT produce milk, he has his limits.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Apr 07, 21:43

So he came back from injury and has been 'meh' (last 3 full games), had a bad game on the weekend vs Real Sociedad, he let his man go on a set-piece that resulted in the opening goal like in the 2nd minute, then he had a mix-up with Rico on another set-piece and headed the ball into his own net - but tonight, lol, in the opening 20 mins he was out to redeem himself and was everywhere, winning balls gobbling up 5 or so headers (in the first 20 mins!), he had a good night and hopefully is regaining form after missing like 14 games of the season from that knee thing.

I've been busy and not have gotten around to posting the detailed updates I said I would (got to do taxes this weekend :P so I will aim for the 16th-17th of April), I still want to play a bit more with him in PES, I have the values honed in to ranges, I just want to see what combos look/feel best (lol whatever Jurgens :P I don't got time to run 1000 simulations to make an accurate set of tests :mrgreen: , I just gotta rely on feelin the flow of the force, like some old Jedi space wizard ).
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 May 02, 01:42

eagerly waiting this, just so you know :)
Mistrzu16

Postby Mistrzu16 » 2016 Jul 03, 10:22

OFFICIAL
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Jul 03, 15:43

#2021?! He's only gonna be a squad player, wtf even move to such a crowded team for?
(Well at least he's looking sharp, better than when he joined for Sevilla and his model wife tried to make him into a fashion forward guy):
Image :? Image Image

jurgens wrote:eagerly waiting this, just so you know :)

Sorry for the delay, a work project came up and sucked me away for a month...even though it has been like two and a half..

Emery told me: 'We are going to lose Rakitic, so I need a centre half, a beast, a physical prodigy, but I want him to have a decent passing accuracy. If he is just impressive from a physical point of view but he lacks technique, rule the player out'. -- Ramón Rodríguez Monchi, Sevilla's Footballing Director

Positions: ★ DM, CB -- [Remove CMF, he played a few times for Sevilla in that role in 2014-2015 but now is predominantly DMF or CB backup]

Injury Tolerance: B -- [In view of that knee injury he suffered, he missed about 14 games (2 months or so), the 2015 Super Cup was heroic playing with a fractured rib, but that display can be counted for that seasons classic set, as since returning from this injury he has needed special attention to not re-aggravate anything (subbed off or rested for other matches, he is also more bitchy about challenges on him, whilst in the past he did not care cuz he was unbreakable.]
Foot: R
Side: B -- [left or right in midfield, I mean he covers for and plays pseudo RB or LB as needed when team maintains possession]

Attack: 67 -- [His offensive game is limited to burst dribbles (athleticism), making far post runs on set-plays and the odd long range shot - he is not a Xabi organizing play further up the pitch, rather a bit below Busquets and (just below) Bonucci in that forward incisiveness of his passes, more about keeping the center ticking (letting Banega do the crazy risk passing)]

Defence: 80 -- [This past season from Sept 2015 - Jan 2016 was a solid 79, right below Lucas Leiva (a very clean tackler), but for myself considering Krychowiaks lower Response and style of positional placement over reactive pressing and especially with some really good performances in the latter half of this season (and EUROs) after coming back from injury, I think an 80 is fair, especially since his Agility is shite, he cannot tackle in a liquid manner - erm Ngolo Kante goes and gets the ball like a freakin feline, Krychowiak is more akin to a lamp post toppling over, stiff as a corpse but still holds and wins that ball so often]

Balance: 88 -- [One of the strongest in La Liga, regularly just bulldozes through players in midfield and at full flight can be like a freight train on the ball. Tussles with Negredo, Suarez and Yaya Toure were back and forth and equally balanced, easily held off David Navarro (86) to shepherd ball out, pegs Krychowiak nicely in the 88 range (sad seeing Kompany (94) destroy him in Manchester though, Krycha was on a dribbling run late in the match only to run into Kompany like a bug onto a windshield, no chance)]

Stamina: 80 -- [Improved over last season, still has occasional problems late in matches, around the +80th minute, he will be visibly more knackered than other players (even more than some industrious SB or SMF - Sevilla wide men put in a shift and a half each game), but this is something that has actually been better since his return from injury (I read when he was working in recovery, they were doing a special program to better recondition his muscles that was to prevent future recurrence from strain -- maybe this helped?). One thing that did seem to change was his bulk, he lost a bit of his beefy barrel chest and arms, not quite a Kenyan marathoner but it seems to have helped a bit. One National team contrast I noticed Tomasz Jodłowiec (81) lasted better vs Germany despite a more active vertical participation up the pitch.]

Top Speed: 83 -- [He is definitely faster than 81, the most notable instances were vs Messi (catching up to) and C. Ronaldo (matching the Portuguese at full speed), and has consistently matched pacey players in La Liga to ease them off the ball, or Seamus Coleman (89 TS) vs Ireland.]
Acceleration: 80 -- [His burst to full speed seems a touch less this year, must be getting old]

Response: 80 -- [I tinkered with 78-79 (this applied more to a 2014-2015 Sevilla classic set) and found him closer to reality in game with at least an 80 for this past season, just a tad sharper than Pogba, Piszcek and Bale to loose balls.]

Agility: 59 -- [Worst attribute, he cannot turn and often this causes him problems when in possession, also when defending vs any zig zagging wingers/dribblers can be turned or just be relied to imitate a sundial. This along with his average technique gives him a clunky movement style.]

Dribble Accuracy: 77 -- [Decent dribbler and close control, has a small array of fancy shuffles to put opponents off of him]
Dribble Speed: 69 -- [His dribbling bursts are down to punt and runs, when actually dribbling and looking for a pass he SLOOOWWS to a crawl - been a few instances of Xabi Alonso a la Munich getting caught in possession and coughing the ball up in not ideal places on the pitch]

Short Pass Accuracy: 84 -- [Crisp ground passes, through thick and busy leggy traffic, that can open play up. probably the best Polish passer currently, in Sevilla Banega would pull off crazy throughballs, but he would also waste ten passes before that happened, Krychowiak rarely wastes a pass or gives it away cheaply.]
Short Pass Speed: 70 -- [Has done the occasional long distance through balls (ball was sputtering and struggling for speed lol), but mostly his passing is restricted to a small 10 meter radius.]

Long Pass Accuracy: 82 -- [Good crossfield range and accuracy - its been getting better from the previous season (tended to be more power and into the general area rather than consistently picking people out.]
Long Pass Speed: 81

Shot Accuracy: 72 -- [Packs a troubling power shot, with fair accuracy, on target mostly]
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 68

Free Kick Accuracy: 69
Curling: 77 -- [I seen a few powerful banana passes (C and ∩ trajectories) to teammates feet that made me think curling ought to be in the 80's, he needs to do it more consistently though.]

Header: 82 -- [Heading a touch better than last season, is reasonably accurate with good clearances, just below Chiellini & Bonucci (83) is fair. Dominates the airspace in the midfield.]
Jump: 90 -- [out leaped Otamendi, Sergio Ramos and C. Ronaldo consistently enough to warrant this - made me question those guys' 90+ values..I guess it must have been the BB and his "Get the F@#! out da way" attitude suppressing their leaps - a typical rough up of C. Ronaldo (blue shirt) by Krycha (black shirt) goes like this https://youtu.be/sfCiiE6nsgE?t=179 ]

Technique: 74 -- [He often kills the ball like an old fashioned CB rather than a smooth operating midfielder, this disaster touch can and does get him in trouble in crowded midfield spaces. But he has mastered the art of placing his body in-between himself and ball getting a touch and winning easy fouls - if Konami ever make a stat for drawing fouls Krychowiak could have 95, as good as Del Piero was, wins penalties and tactically releases pressure off the team - one of the most 'skilled' players at these antics. Romelu Lukaku's touch actually reminded me of Krychowiak at these EUROs.]
Aggression: 60 -- [Playing more deep in that hybrid DMF/CB role this season, plugs vacant spots in the backline and patrols the centre circle 80% of the time, only when the team needs an equalizer/goal late on will he push high-up. Below Xabi Alonso and Pirlo (61), to keep him just a tad lower on the pitch than either of those who tend to get a bit more involved in plays further up the park.]
Mentality: 85 -- [fitzcarraldo you mentioned this value only if Stamina 82..well I am sorry but I am going to be conservative with the Mentality and let others chime in and see if it is worthy of a higher value. For myself he was definitely more (86) last season, 2014-2015 featured so many crazy hero incidents and displays, he also dug deep and pushed hard in many matches to change results.. 2015-2016 he has been less raw animal and more refined in his approach. I also think in respect to Glik (87) that this is a good laddering of Krychowiak's teancity level in the past two seasons.]
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 78 -- [His communication is good, but lacks an intuitive understanding with teammates when playing the ball out - as his passing range and accuracy is classy - but not matched in immediate vision for a pass. Also probably due to energy conservation and an unwillingness to leave the team exposed to a counter attack, is not constantly mobile and offering himself as a passing option as you would expect with a high TW player - even when his team is firmly in control he tends to be a static pivot letting others buzz about him.]

Condition/Fitness: 5 -- [This I would separate from the 2014-2015 season, unfortunately all was going well (form wise) till that Injury, after he came back, he has been not put in the same string of consistent performances game after game, rather having one really good game then three more quite ones.
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7 -- [For myself this past season he has only reinforced his two-footed nature, does not care what ball is needed, outside/inside of the boot either foot, and I can't tell the difference from his right]
Weak Foot Frequency: 6 -- [Still predominantly takes touches with his right and begins dribbling with his right]

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
★ Dribbling -- [Dribbles at players on occasion]
★ Tactical-Dribbling -- [Does the old Pirlo, 'put the foot on the ball' and 'survey my options' to slow the tempo of matches]
★ Middle Shooting -- [Already had long ranger card, yeah likes to shoot from distance when he gets up and is decent.]
★ 1-touch pass -- [Has become really good this season at this, saves him from having to actually control the ball in dangerous situations lol]
★ Centre
★ Sliding
★ Covering -- [Needed this, that's basically all he does at Sevilla, when both fullbacks fly up and become wingers]

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P02 - Anchor Man
P11 - Long Ranger
P12 - Enforcer
S08 - Slide Tackle

ADD
S18 - Heel Flick
S19 - Weighted Pass
P22 - Flick (Sombrero)

Marseille Roulette -- [I don't know what card it is]

For the Future:

★ Outside -- [Need to keep an eye on this, he does it well, I just would like to see it more consistently.]
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 08, 17:42

updated based on Oriello suggestion, just didn't update a few suggestions
cantona86

Postby cantona86 » 2016 Sep 09, 08:08

This player needs a long time card- combative spirit
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Sep 10, 15:37

May I ask why the conservitive updates to some stats?

I think the flavour that is this player is lost with out some drastic changes from the previous set, which in my opinion was most probably for his time in France (before PSG) as the previous set was not reflective of Krychowiak that I watched at Sevilla and for Poland.

Stamina, if Messi is able to be rated at 72, then Krychowiak cant be 10+ points more..that is .. the univerese is not right then.. He has a lesser active range than a regular DMF and is more akin to a CB in his energy levels, struggles late on in a good deal of matches, below Bonucci makes sense...at 83 he is +4 better than Giovinco...but he is not in reality..same amount of lateral movement from both (to open up space by Gio, to close spaces down by Krycha) same amount of runs (to get onto through balls vs covering runs)..if anything Giovinco is more consistently full of running in the late stages of matches.

Response needs to be dropped closer to, if not 80 itself. He is far away from Otamendi, Mascherano type of players, yes he sometimes reacts well to a loose ball in midfield but the majority of the time he focus on his positioning, keeping passing lanes minimized, covering gaps in defence - he is not a reactive DMF rushing for every loose ball.

WFF/WFA are incorrect at 5/5 - he is simply better than that, he is capable with either foot in whatever situation.

Short Passing is still a tad underrrated.

Agility - I still lobby for a greater drop, near bottom of the database ladder (58) was what I was aiming for because he truly has an abysmal capacity to turn at times and can be left for dead - it causes him problems in possesion to - necessitating the 1-touch plays or the theatircal drawing of fouls as I mentioned before.

Attack is too generous at 70, compared to Bonucci, Krycha is less dangerous in passing forward, getting free into open space on setplays - thats why I opted for a point less than the Italian..the danger he creates when winning a penalty or bursting forward is more through raw power, BB/TS.

Dribble Speed at 77 is way too generous.

Finally he got a game for PSG (was being played CB in pre-season :/), with Sideshow Bob moving back home, hopefully less competition will mean more of him on the pitch..Kurzawa needed to get a thigh injury for Krycha to get a run out...and Motta was moved to CB to accommodate... :?
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 10, 19:53

May I ask why the conservitive updates to some stats?

I think the flavour that is this player is lost with out some drastic changes from the previous set, which in my opinion was most probably for his time in France (before PSG) as the previous set was not reflective of Krychowiak that I watched at Sevilla and for Poland.

Stamina, if Messi is able to be rated at 72, then Krychowiak cant be 10+ points more..that is .. the univerese is not right then.. He has a lesser active range than a regular DMF and is more akin to a CB in his energy levels, struggles late on in a good deal of matches, below Bonucci makes sense...at 83 he is +4 better than Giovinco...but he is not in reality..same amount of lateral movement from both (to open up space by Gio, to close spaces down by Krycha) same amount of runs (to get onto through balls vs covering runs)..if anything Giovinco is more consistently full of running in the late stages of matches.

Response needs to be dropped closer to, if not 80 itself. He is far away from Otamendi, Mascherano type of players, yes he sometimes reacts well to a loose ball in midfield but the majority of the time he focus on his positioning, keeping passing lanes minimized, covering gaps in defence - he is not a reactive DMF rushing for every loose ball.

Well, you give him low response, low tw, low sta, then what is driving him to win balls in the mid? He averaged 2.5 tacklers and 5 interceptions per game last season, those are truly insane numbers, but the suggested stats make a much more passive defender than that.

Short Passing is still a tad underrrated.

I feel hes a very limited passer, but with decent accuracy, going any higher gives him more ability to play passes he wouldn't in real life.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Sep 11, 03:46

Yeah but I raised DEF up to 79-80 in consideration of other things being lowered, added *Covering - he is all about placement - Sevilla under Emry worked as a unit, two banks filtering the ball off the opposition (Poland actually ended up playing very similar style at the EUROs) - Krychowiak generally plays in a "passive" manner, he will work with teammates zonally "pressing" to not foul the player but to simply nibble away at them usually with the play breaking down and the ball harmlessly trickling to a Sevilla player.

Were you not the one in some other thread hearkening about not getting to caught up in statistics cuz they can be misrepresentative of reality :P. I know of the stats, but I also watched like 30+ Sevilla/Poland games - specifically to watch him - things like Stamina are terrible on many occasions, leading to a visible drop in effectiveness, I cant just ignore that and "yeah of course he is a DMF naturally he needs to be in the 83-85, he has a decent rep you know."

The video highlights contain lots of exceptional moments that over the course of two seasons I see it was very much a Mentality aspect, he has a great drive to win/act when his team is in an unfavourable situation, and pulls off incredible feats..during normal operations (0-0 or leading 1-0) he plays in an almost lethargic manner.

TW is low due to his lazy movement off the ball when his team is in possession, and he is not fantastically coordinated with a the Sevilla unit, he has decent communication in certain situations (and shouts vocally with instructions, but I also see his orders being ignored frequently). He quite often moves where he pleases/sees fit to plug up holes and add cover...It does not make sense to have him at 83 to me, only 7 points below Modric?

Resp - well he simply is not very reactive to loose balls and dribbling most of the time (compared to your Chiellinis, Medels etc, heck Pazdan at Euros was like a magnet madman to the ball.... Think of a defensively brilliant Pogba, there is Krychowiak in terms of his reaction capacity 70% of the time).

His major qualities are in his athelticism, wins so many tackles? Yeah because few could resist his pace and power when he challenged for the ball, since he is generally a clean tackler (not too many fouls for a DMF) he often emerges with the ball, only pesky nimble dribblers he can't touch.

The interceptions figure I would imagine is largely down to aerial dominance, he gave Sevilla "Air - Supremacy" :mrgreen: in the middle of the park and won nearly every ball he contested in the air, La Liga has a dearth of strapping tall midfielders, probably cuz Unai Emery brought them all to Seviall (Iborra, Llorente, N'zonzi, m'Byia). :lol:

He is a class passer on the ground (just behind Krohn-Deli and Banega in quality imo), just overly conservative most of the time do to his limited range and deep fulcrum role, though I concede that someone like Chiellini, who is an obscenely bad passer, is more dangerous cuz he pings dagger balls often forward and simply by sheer volume of attempts generates more danger. Krycha's high ball passing has been improving - I see Henderson and M. Bradley not being clearly better than him.

I guess we can wait and see too, maybe he will be watched by more members this year in Ligue 1/Champions League.
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 11, 04:12

Yeah but I raised DEF up to 79-80 covering

That won't compenate for massive drop in other key areas. We basically rate def as tackling ability, so that will just up him in that area (and hes not really a clean tackler, more about over whemling opponents), tw as defensive support and movement, stamina as effort and workrate, and resp as incentive to go for the ball.

"yeah of course he is a DMF naturally he needs to be in the 83-85, he has a decent rep you know."

nothing to do with who he is, just what the suggested stats will entail, which I feel aren't complete enough in comparison with his current.
It's either the current values which I believe display what you are implying, decent resp/decent sta/decent tw with great def, or low resp great tw/great def or low def (i feel low is better) decent stamina

Were you not the one in some other thread hearkening about not getting to caught up in statistics cuz they can be misrepresentative of reality

Yes, and I always say they should be used within context of knowing the player, which I do, but not so well so I went with conservative updates that wouldn't change the base of the set in respect of the the previous work, because from what I know of him, it seems more representative than the suggested values which I feel are going in and interesting direction, but aren't quite right to portray his influence which is quite high, it would need something to balance out the drops like a near global leader for tw in the destroyer role.

well he simply is not very reactive to loose balls

it's not about loose balls, just the ball itself. He goes for the ball a lot, thats why his tackles and interceptions are so high. when people are within his area he'll go for them or shut down their options and get in the way as the pass is made, he doesn't just stand there and do nothing.

Banega

woah, to me there is worlds between the two at short passing. I mean banega, has instantly become the player that inter have lacked since basically the time of veron, and it's been a long arduous road with probably dozens of players failing to be even remotely close to doing the job, a player that can link the ball to any area of the pitch no matter the circumstance. Krychowiak is just an averagely decent passer to me, nothing to write home about. 84 SPA is insanely good for a destroyer, this is a value for destroyers who are renowned for being very high quality distributors, should be quite a rare breed... and to have a defensive monster (which he is) on top of that great passing should be even rarer, honestly don't think hes even worth an 81.. I go for greens and higher sps on my option file, but I am harsher with values there, as power is not a problem, but he doesn't do anything with it. I do think he is quite a good long passer though.

henderson

henderson is a good passer and has been known to function as a quasi dlp due to pretty solid distance distribution, hes also quite capable of being incisive...not a limited passer at all. I don't watch bradley. But I think, if I understand you right, the logic behind your comparison and reason behind wanting an increase is..... hes not a great passer, very limited, not dangerous, but you want to give him a value that is very good for a dmf, that would allow him to be a rock solid distributor, but balance it by giving him low sps? That will just make his passes reach their target slower, it doesn't particularly limit what he can do, and just gives him accuracy to make passes he would never attempt.

If I understand right, you are comparing him to banega on quality, because of short passing accuracy in his extremely limited range of passing. So within that range, he has comparable accuracy. But thats such a limited range, so it's not hard to have good accuracy in such a limited area (but even though the area is limited, you can still clearly see the class of a great passer from the ease and fluency of their passes and lack of setup needed, never see krychowiak in that light)
But using that logic, wouldn't spa among the board go through the roof? This is if I'm understanding your logic? I'm not sure.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Sep 11, 15:33

jurgens wrote:
Yeah but I raised DEF up to 79-80 covering

That won't compenate for massive drop in other key areas. We basically rate def as tackling ability, so that will just up him in that area (and hes not really a clean tackler, more about over whemling opponents), tw as defensive support and movement, stamina as effort and workrate, and resp as incentive to go for the ball.
Why won't it? It's him, play with him in the context of Sevilla in PES and you can see him working - I'm trying not to overdo the stats and keep them capable of reflecting the player in game, he is a monster in game and I get similar plays from him as I seen of him in irl. Sevilla was a counterattacking defensive team under Emery, a perfect place for a good DMF like Krycha to "pad" his stats a bit, as the team continually weathered opponents out in their shell every away game and often at home when they wanted to close out a game, in a more dominant possession based team (maybe this will be the case at PSG) he would have lower intercrepts and tackles per game.

For myself high DEF midfielders also place themselves better on the pitch, i.e. when recieving an opponents cross in the box, it's noticeable 68 (Pogba) vs 80 DEF value that a player is more likely to meet a cross when your defending deep - and a CB is distracted marking a run etc.

jurgens wrote:
"yeah of course he is a DMF naturally he needs to be in the 83-85, he has a decent rep you know."

nothing to do with who he is, just what the suggested stats will entail, which I feel aren't complete enough in comparison with his current.
It's either the current values which I believe display what you are implying, decent resp/decent sta/decent tw with great def, or low resp great tw/great def or low def (i feel low is better) decent stamina
That bit was just meant to be read in a funny voice, it was past 11pm when I replied and I should have been asleep not on a laptop :P, apologies..The TW I am flexible on as PES is an imperfect game, if it translates to better positioning and limiting open spaces when defending then by all means raise it up, its just as I mentioned I tried to balance with other players who move about the pitch in a generous manner to offer passing lanes - he does not do that.

The Stamina I cannot understand how he can be 83, when Bonucci does as much movement in a match (sometimes more with the amount of set-pieces juve rack up, all that shuttling up and down the pitch) and I have yet to ever see him as knackered as the Pole before 80mins are up.

Response - we just see him differently, to me he is more passive and needs to be away from L. Levia, Vidal...even Lahm, now on 82, is more active/busy to balls being played near him (is this partly due to a difference of defending styles, Emery deep bloc approach vs Pep's pressure the ball back ASAP)

jurgens wrote:
Were you not the one in some other thread hearkening about not getting to caught up in statistics cuz they can be misrepresentative of reality

Yes, and I always say they should be used within context of knowing the player, which I do, but not so well so I went with conservative updates that wouldn't change the base of the set in respect of the the previous work, because from what I know of him, it seems more representative than the suggested values which I feel are going in and interesting direction, but aren't quite right to portray his influence which is quite high, it would need something to balance out the drops like a near global leader for tw in the destroyer role.
Unfortunately he does not offer the same considerate movement of Lahm off the ball to be a 95, and Sevilla though a good side, were sometimes diabolical when playing as a unit - so its idfficult to advocate for a high TW even from an outstanding performer as Krychowiak..but PES is imperfect and life is short, give him the appropriate TW (what is that?), cut that Stamina value..and go forth and multiply - wait thats the bible.

jurgens wrote:
well he simply is not very reactive to loose balls

it's not about loose balls, just the ball itself. He goes for the ball a lot, thats why his tackles and interceptions are so high. when people are within his area he'll go for them or shut down their options and get in the way as the pass is made, he doesn't just stand there and do nothing.
He actually does not do this as much since last season, he does "stand there" like I mentioned in Sevilla he was more concerned with plugging gaps than destroying, yeah . Wwhen he arrived in 2014, yes he was more typical proactive DMF, hunting down players, but he also gassed out earlier then and was less effective - he has matured into a smarter player intervening with an energy economy in mind. Is 80 a terrible response? Will he be completely ignorant to surrounding actions in PES? I seen Hyppia and Carragher posted, and they got RESP 77-79 - both great individual defenders, a slow towering rock and a great last ditch tackler - useable with low RES.

EDIT Carragher is 83, its either changed last night or I cant/should not be reading after 11pm.

jurgens wrote:
Banega

woah, to me there is worlds between the two at short passing. I mean banega, has instantly become the player that inter have lacked since basically the time of veron, and it's been a long arduous road with probably dozens of players failing to be even remotely close to doing the job, a player that can link the ball to any area of the pitch no matter the circumstance. Krychowiak is just an averagely decent passer to me, nothing to write home about. 84 SPA is insanely good for a destroyer, this is a value for destroyers who are renowned for being very high quality distributors, should be quite a rare breed... and to have a defensive monster (which he is) on top of that great passing should be even rarer, honestly don't think hes even worth an 81.. I go for greens and higher sps on my option file, but I am harsher with values there, as power is not a problem, but he doesn't do anything with it. I do think he is quite a good long passer though.
Yes there is a gap betwee n Banega and him, just in my personal impressions of the Sevilla passeres was Krohn-Deli, Banega equal - gap - Krychowiak, Reyes, Tremoulinas (crossing only) - gap - Vitolo - lump the rest.
Power is a problem, there has been a few instances of him playing through balls and they struggle to reach the players run into space allowing opposition to collapse in and cut the pass out. In small compact spaces surrounded by 3 or 5 players he does great to bypass the ring/wall of legs and give possession out to more vacant areas...I thought I was harsh too? I have legends like Deyna high 80s in passing whilst others took my head off that it should be in the 90'sin the past lol...I guess I see something that you may have missed or is simply not there...fuck it life is too short give SPA 77.

jurgens wrote:
henderson

henderson is a good passer and has been known to function as a quasi dlp due to pretty solid distance distribution, hes also quite capable of being incisive...not a limited passer at all. I don't watch bradley. But I think, if I understand you right, the logic behind your comparison and reason behind wanting an increase is..... hes not a great passer, very limited, not dangerous, but you want to give him a value that is very good for a dmf, that would allow him to be a rock solid distributor, but balance it by giving him low sps? That will just make his passes reach their target slower, it doesn't particularly limit what he can do, and just gives him accuracy to make passes he would never attempt.
But he is a dagnerous passer, for a converted CB he is wow at times. Of what I have seen of Henderson he has the same problems of Banega, he get tasked to more danger passing (as opposed to just distributuion) and ends up launching quite a few misplaced/terrible passes in the process - maybe this is colouring my preception.. Krychowiak may not be De Rossi, with his range and consistency of difficult passing, but is Krychowiak's quality worse than classic Makalele SPA 81 - Fuck my Cock? No!

jurgens wrote:If I understand right, you are comparing him to banega on quality, because of short passing accuracy in his extremely limited range of passing. So within that range, he has comparable accuracy. But thats such a limited range, so it's not hard to have good accuracy in such a limited area (but even though the area is limited, you can still clearly see the class of a great passer from the ease and fluency of their passes and lack of setup needed, never see krychowiak in that light)
But using that logic, wouldn't spa among the board go through the roof? This is if I'm understanding your logic? I'm not sure.
I suppose I am seeing a part of his game that you have missed or undervalue. Its not just about his small 10-15 yard radius, which as I mentioned before can be clogged with loads of opposnents but its his job to cooly play the ball out rather than hoofing it to touch, but also that on some occasions he has played great penetrating passes forward beyond that range (its just not common due to his function and limited range of reach). You can give him a drastic drastic SPA/SPS, 83/66 :P
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2016 Sep 11, 17:18

a perfect place for a good DMF like Krycha to "pad" his stats a bit, as the team continually weathered opponents out in their shell every away game and often at home when they wanted to close out a game, in a more dominant possession based team (maybe this will be the case at PSG) he would have lower intercrepts and tackles per game.

This is true, he can have inflated stats because of this, not quite as high at Poland, but still very impressive.

Why won't it? It's him, play with him in the context of Sevilla in PES and you can see him working - I'm trying not to overdo the stats and keep them capable of reflecting the player in game, he is a monster in game

Well because you are drastically, and I mean really drastically reducing his ability to seek the ball out with that reduction, the suggest values won't compenate enough without some sort of really high tw.

Unfortunately he does not offer the same considerate movement of Lahm off the ball to be a 95, and Sevilla though a good side, were sometimes diabolical when playing as a unit - so its idfficult to advocate for a high TW even from an outstanding performer as Krychowiak..but PES is imperfect and life is short, give him the appropriate TW (what is that?), cut that Stamina value..and go forth and multiply - wait thats the bible.

eh, I should have specified more... I mean destroyer in the more typical sense, not just anyone who can play the dmf role, more literal destroyer type players, he'd need a global leading value among them for the suggested values to compensate well enough, something like an 85.

Is 80 a terrible response? Will he be completely ignorant to surrounding actions in PES? I seen Hyppia and Carragher posted, and they got RESP 77-79 - both great individual defenders, a slow towering rock and a great last ditch tackler - useable with low RES.

It's not about the values being low, a low value can be very fitting in a right combo... for example I dropped busquets down to a 78 resp to go along with his massive TW. The current set makes Krychowiak a constant ball winner, 80 won't make him passive, but without something like a high tw, he is losing a lot of ability in game, he needs something like a high tw to restore balance.

Yes there is a gap betwee n Banega and him, just in my personal impressions of the Sevilla passeres was Krohn-Deli, Banega equal - gap - Krychowiak, Reyes, Tremoulinas (crossing only) - gap - Vitolo - lump the rest.
Power is a problem, there has been a few instances of him playing through balls and they struggle to reach the players run into space allowing opposition to collapse in and cut the pass out. In small compact spaces surrounded by 3 or 5 players he does great to bypass the ring/wall of legs and give possession out to more vacant areas...I thought I was harsh too? I have legends like Deyna high 80s in passing whilst others took my head off that it should be in the 90'sin the past lol...I guess I see something that you may have missed or is simply not there...fuck it life is too short give SPA 77.

Well, the way we rate passing stats has changed in recent years, as we found players were too similar all round. Now we base on role, quality, execution of passes, range and difficulty of passes. Typically, only those who demonstrate really high level accuracy in difficult passes get high passing stats. Because, the higher you go in passing accuracy, the more options it gives you. Say someone only plays 5/10 yard passes, but is an absolutely beautiful passer, we could say his quality is an 87, but due to what an 87 produces in game, we'd just have to go lower because you'll then be capable of playing passes you'd never see the player attempt in real life. Lower SPS to a very small degree limits what you can play, but not really, it just makes them reach the target slower....you can be an amazing deep through ball player with minimal sps (cassano 95, 78 or so).

. Krychowiak may not be De Rossi, with his range and consistency of difficult passing, but is Krychowiak's quality worse than classic Makalele SPA 81 -

Very true with De rossi, which is kinda the point I'm trying to get across. I just can't accurately recall Makelele though

I suppose I am seeing a part of his game that you have missed or undervalue. Its not just about his small 10-15 yard radius, which as I mentioned before can be clogged with loads of opposnents but its his job to cooly play the ball out rather than hoofing it to touch, but also that on

No, I do get what you are saying. I left it at 81 for those reasons as he does have some of that quality.

Return to “West Bromwich Albion FC”