Michael Owen

Moderator: Mod's

PES Stats Database

Michael Owen

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:31

deity86

Re: Michael OWEN

Postby deity86 » 2009 Jul 06, 16:29

Alcohomicide wrote:There are things I'd change too, but I think it's fair to wait till Jan for a full update because for all we know Fergie#s going to play him in some weird position thating at left back and moving diagonally across the pitch like a chess-piece whilst wearing a "Burger Man" suit... you know what Fergie's like.
:lol:
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
Ken

Postby Ken » 2009 Jul 06, 16:31

Alcohomicide wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:
Alcohomicide wrote:Didn't see curl.

Perfect example of his curl is Vs. United. Opens his body up and bends it round keeps. A feature of his finishing so I agree.

There's a lot more I'd change to Owen's stats and I'd give him an update given the chance, but considering he's just moved to Manchester United it's going to draw a lot of criticism because there's bound to be someone who says something like "What are you doing raising his DS? Just because he's joined Manchester United, do you think he's suddenly faster on the ball? GoonerLover66 your arrogant, Premier League lover blah blah blah".

There are things I'd change too, but I think it's fair to wait till Jan for a full update because for all we know Fergie#s going to play him in some weird position thating at left back and moving diagonally across the pitch like a chess-piece whilst wearing a "Burger Man" suit... you know what Fergie's like. :lol:

I agreed to curl because that was obvious. Of course his ST could be higher but I want to see how he still uses it because no doubt we'd have his Liverpool/Real/England goals in mind.

Shall we wait or do him now?

I think it's no harm to make a change right now, however I think we should let ST sit where it is for now because for me 82 is certainly good enough for Newcastle's Owen.
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 06, 16:42

Raised curl, however when I made these stats some of the curl values where extremely off, like Anelka a low 70, Fortune a high 60 etc. But yes in hindsight it should have been higher, 81 looks good for the moment.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jul 06, 16:54

Anelka was meant to be updated, Vandeach. Remember we discussed curl with him?
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 06, 18:45

Alcohomicide wrote:Anelka was meant to be updated, Vandeach. Remember we discussed curl with him?

I have updated him, you misunderstood what I was saying Anelka had a low 70 when I made Owen's stats ;).
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jul 06, 20:18

Appy-polly-loggies then. :P
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
choccy

Postby choccy » 2009 Jul 07, 00:49

Alcohomicide wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:
Alcohomicide wrote:Didn't see curl.

Perfect example of his curl is Vs. United. Opens his body up and bends it round keeps. A feature of his finishing so I agree.

There's a lot more I'd change to Owen's stats and I'd give him an update given the chance, but considering he's just moved to Manchester United it's going to draw a lot of criticism because there's bound to be someone who says something like "What are you doing raising his DS? Just because he's joined Manchester United, do you think he's suddenly faster on the ball? GoonerLover66 your arrogant, Premier League lover blah blah blah".

There are things I'd change too, but I think it's fair to wait till Jan for a full update because for all we know Fergie#s going to play him in some weird position thating at left back and moving diagonally across the pitch like a chess-piece whilst wearing a "Burger Man" suit... you know what Fergie's like. :lol:

I agreed to curl because that was obvious. Of course his ST could be higher but I want to see how he still uses it because no doubt we'd have his Liverpool/Real/England goals in mind.

Shall we wait or do him now?

I find myself agreeing a lot with most of your posts alco, but I found that 1st paragraph a bit strange. SAF acchieved his success seeing past player ego's, the team's success is more important than any player which is why Rooney was shunned to the LW when Ronaldo was at the club.

Let's wait with the updates, although updating his curl is fine by me. Let's see what decent service will do, I'm thinking we'll see a really hungry Owen this season. There's the WC and prospects of trophys (not to mention some big pay days if he turns out good).

Have to say this transfer looks better and better, although it left me in a bit of a shock initially.
Persona non grata
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jul 07, 00:58

It was a (bad) joke choccy, because of the whole Rooney out wide thing. ;)
choccy

Postby choccy » 2009 Jul 07, 01:21

Alcohomicide wrote:It was a (bad) joke choccy, because of the whole Rooney out wide thing. ;)

Swoosh *swiping my hand above my head*. I'm not good at on-line irony/sarcasm.
Persona non grata
devileh

Postby devileh » 2009 Jul 07, 04:58

FUCK.
Pardon my french, but I was really hoping to see him at Villa Park this season.
Helios

Postby Helios » 2009 Jul 07, 13:12

Update his age. ;)
clinon

Postby clinon » 2009 Jul 09, 19:13

He's 29, not 30.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jul 13, 16:02

He has been given THE number 7 shirt :o
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jul 13, 17:16

Wholy shit! :shock: :o
fishdalf

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jul 13, 18:00

Updated his number. He has a lot to live up to in it.
Skyhook_01

Postby Skyhook_01 » 2009 Jul 13, 18:11

This is a photo of Owen in the new M.United shirt, http://www.futboldebate.com/wp-content/ ... United.jpg , just thought Nrby would like to edit it and replace the Newcastle one.

cheers
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 13, 19:31

No, we use pictures from 4thegame.com, it will update itself automatically ;).
Skyhook_01

Postby Skyhook_01 » 2009 Jul 13, 20:11

Vandeach wrote:No, we use pictures from 4thegame.com, it will update itself automatically ;).

kewl :)
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jul 26, 18:26

Pick that one out 8-)

Keaty22

Postby Keaty22 » 2009 Jul 26, 19:05

ithink his sa should go up to 88 and st to 85

Return to “Retired Players”