Juan Sebastián Verón

Moderator: Mod's

Juan Sebastián Verón

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 20:39

Last edited by Messias18 on 2009 Jul 16, 22:37, edited 11 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Juan Sebastián VERÓN

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Apr 04, 11:08

He already has Injurie C since a long time.

Vickingo

Postby xeneize » 2012 Apr 04, 16:51

with the last comment of Nacho i can realize his actual BAL, who seems high tbh seeing Riquelme in a 83 (who deserve 1 pont more IMO)
i mean, Verón don't use his body like before since 2 tournaments back when he started with his worse injuries who leave him out 4/5 matches per tournament, after that, i thikn he's more "careful" with his body sometimes, and don't put all his effor in cover teh ball or in some fight body vs. body, for that i think in a decrease of 1 point

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, THERE WILL BE NOT ANOTHER LIKE YOU
xeneize

Postby nachogr28 » 2012 Apr 04, 18:27

xeneize wrote:with the last comment of Nacho i can realize his actual BAL, who seems high tbh seeing Riquelme in a 83 (who deserve 1 pont more IMO)
i mean, Verón don't use his body like before since 2 tournaments back when he started with his worse injuries who leave him out 4/5 matches per tournament, after that, i thikn he's more "careful" with his body sometimes, and don't put all his effor in cover teh ball or in some fight body vs. body, for that i think in a decrease of 1 point

I agree with xeneize about Riquelme too. IMO Roman deserves 84 (+1) in BAL. And Veron IMO 82 (-2)
Sorry Vickingo, I didn't realize that he had C in injuries hahah.

nachogr28

Postby jorgecavs » 2012 Jun 19, 11:19

Agree with the BB at 82, -2 of Riquelme.

And one day said goodbye ...

Spoiler: show

"BRUJA ETERNA" (eternal witch) , retired from professional football, is the maximum idol and best player of Estudiantes de la Plata.

jorgecavs

Postby bitz » 2012 Jun 19, 11:37

What a player. It is said that when he was a teen his father Juan Ramon playing for Panathinaikos at that time offered him for a trial to the team, but Panathinaikos people did not accept :D

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
bitz

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Jun 19, 18:49

Really? I didn't know it. Juan Ramón and Sebastián are both best and more representative players of Estudiantes ever. Estudiantes will retire no. 11 t-shirt too -coincidence that both father and son played with that number-. This man is a proud for us in terms of coming at his prime to his loved club and winning 2 leagues and reaching the Copa Libertadores after 40 years with a devastated club when he came. Also he made a lot of things in terms of money...and he was 2 mins of winning in an epic match to Barcelona -why not? :cry:. Bye Bruja. Someone watched his full game vs Olimpo? He played awesome...he could continue but his injuries are too much. Bye Bruja, thanks for all :cry:

Vickingo

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Jun 25, 17:52

Move to Retired player please.

Vickingo

Postby Scaramuso » 2013 May 14, 14:52

Scaramuso

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 02, 14:10

Moved back to _arg Estudiantes, thanks for this Bruja, Argentinian football needs a lot from these kind of player. I dunno why, but I do think Sabella will pick him for the WC.

Vickingo

Postby nachogr28 » 2013 Jul 03, 23:57

Vickingo wrote:Moved back to _arg Estudiantes, thanks for this Bruja, Argentinian football needs a lot from these kind of player. I dunno why, but I do think Sabella will pick him for the WC.

Noooo hahaha, I hope he doesn't. But I agree anyway that's an improvement for our league having a player like Veron. But for the national team no.

nachogr28

Re: Juan Sebastián Verón

Postby Dimon » 2013 Jul 07, 09:45

Agree with Nacho, it will be a shame if Veron will play another World Cup, I prefer Riquelme then, but generally we need to make the way for younger players. Also, even in a better shape, Veron didn't won nothing with NT, so BASTA! :)

But I agree that for Estudiantes and our league his return is a good thing.

Dimon

Postby Scaramuso » 2013 Jul 07, 19:50

Verón is English :mrgreen:

Scaramuso

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 07, 22:47

Lol that's an idiotic (with respect, nothing personal) thing created by some stupid journalist. He was great during his stay at the NT...he has just had a very bad tournament in 2002. It was a shame that piece of shit of Maradona didn't give him chances to play with that shit system, he was in better shape to play than other players. And at least to me, he could be pretty useful today if Gago doesn't play as he's always injured.

Vickingo

Postby Dimon » 2013 Jul 11, 00:03

Not so stupid at all, mate. He always fucked up in important matches, whatever tournament you'll take. In 98 he showed almost nothing, Cholo Simeone impressed me much more, real monster and the leader on the pitch. Really creative was Ortega, so what Veron was doing? Nothing personal, but I think that he sold smoke. About 2002, the best is not to speak, pure shit, he completely deserved all this critics.

And, from my point of view, the best Argentinian NT was in 2006, played really well. And it was without Veron, Pekerman didn't call him since became DT of National Team and was completely right about this: you didn't feel his lack at all at this team, so he wasn't so important like press want to persuade us.

He fucked up even in Estudiantes several times. For example, with Barcelona in 2009. When the team was need of him at most (to control the ball more) he dissapeared and when had the ball was making error after error in passes. The second time team played like with ten mens, cause Veron was tired as hell and did absolutely nothing. Only because of real warriors like Chapu Braña, Cellay and some others team almost win. And when Barselona scored equalaiser, it was Veron who lost his marking (on Messi).

Don't get me wrong, he's good player, but very overrated by our press. While real Argentinian talents like Guille Schelotto or Chelo Delgado almost hadn't chances to play in NT. And that's only example, en reality here was a lot of players who deserved to play in NT, but always played all this pseudo-superstars like Veron.

Dimon

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 12, 15:47

Dimon wrote:Not so stupid at all, mate. He always fucked up in important matches, whatever tournament you'll take. In 98 he showed almost nothing, Cholo Simeone impressed me much more, real monster and the leader on the pitch. Really creative was Ortega, so what Veron was doing? Nothing personal, but I think that he sold smoke. About 2002, the best is not to speak, pure shit, he completely deserved all this critics.

Actually i was referring to "Verón is English" statement, that's pure crap. He's Argentinian and had an awful 2002 tournament, probably the worst in his career and he owned all the critics. But saying he's English is pretty idiotic at my point of view. It remembered me this idiot saying to him and Verón answering him with a nice ironic statement:

And, from my point of view, the best Argentinian NT was in 2006, played really well. And it was without Veron, Pekerman didn't call him since became DT of National Team and was completely right about this: you didn't feel his lack at all at this team, so he wasn't so important like press want to persuade us.

Agree in this...he wasn't made for that team and Pekerman is a real genius...he picked up the perfect combination of midfielders in that moment...also I don't think he would get well together with Riquelme, not talking about just in the pitch.

He fucked up even in Estudiantes several times. For example, with Barcelona in 2009. When the team was need of him at most (to control the ball more) he dissapeared and when had the ball was making error after error in passes. The second time team played like with ten mens, cause Veron was tired as hell and did absolutely nothing. Only because of real warriors like Chapu Braña, Cellay and some others team almost win. And when Barselona scored equalaiser, it was Veron who lost his marking (on Messi).

I don't agree with this...you can't really blame him for in min 110 after running the whole match behind Barca's players and having 35 years for losing Messi (MESSI!). You know, it was one of best Barca moments in probably one of the best teams ever and Estudiantes -a pretty average team in names excluding Verón- did it great. I don't also think he disappeared, he had nice shots here and there and he was pretty incisive at his long crosses from set pieces. Probably wasn't his best match, but his sacrifice was really good in that match as well as vs Pohang Steelers and what about vs Cruzeiro? I made that comp, he didn't fuck anything, quite the opposite, commanded the team to win for the 1st time in a Brazilian field a final...that's really impressive with a team which came from the pre-qualify or isn't that enough? He was absolutely key in that Copa Libertadores and I'm pretty sure if that team wouldn't have Verón, probably didn't even surpass 1/8. Yeah, Braña was great but he had near him Verón, both were great together but the key and 'soul' of that team was Verón.

Don't get me wrong, he's good player, but very overrated by our press. While real Argentinian talents like Guille Schelotto or Chelo Delgado almost hadn't chances to play in NT. And that's only example, en reality here was a lot of players who deserved to play in NT, but always played all this pseudo-superstars like Veron.

Probably he was a bit overrated but he's a crazy talent, it's really hard to find a player with his style and how succesful he was at his career...NT? Yeah is a really shame at his career as well as it's Zanetti's, Ayala's, Demicheli's, Almeyda's, etc...as they didn't win shit and they aren't overrated at all. You know, since 1993 Argentina didn't win anything. And the comparision with Guillermo Barros Schelotto and Delgado is pretty off imo as both were awesome strikers and Verón is a midfielder. Still I get your point but I don't really agree with that. Also i don't agree Verón is a 'pseudo-star'.

Btw I'm really happy with him backing to play, he would make afa league better.

Vickingo

Postby Scaramuso » 2013 Jul 12, 15:59

Scaramuso

Postby nachogr28 » 2013 Jul 12, 23:40

Scaramuso wrote:

Haha, I think that we should stop it. Let's talk about Veron as a player right now. In the past he's been a great player (I remember Adriano saying that Veron was the best player in the world), but as time went by he became worse phisically. In the field he's a coach that also plays the game. It is normal to call this kind of tactical players of "cold chested", but it's something that's really common. They see the game differently, and they know that they don't have to run a lot so as to be useful for the teams. I think that the Argentinian league will win a lot with Veron's presence again, but please Sabella don't call him for the NT!!! His too slow and his poor defensive skills are not world class, so in my opinion (same as in 2010) he shouldn't be in the World cup.

nachogr28

Postby Dimon » 2013 Jul 13, 02:43

Vickingo wrote:and what about vs Cruzeiro? I made that comp, he didn't fuck anything, quite the opposite, commanded the team to win for the 1st time in a Brazilian field a final...that's really impressive with a team which came from the pre-qualify or isn't that enough? He was absolutely key in that Copa Libertadores and I'm pretty sure if that team wouldn't have Verón, probably didn't even surpass 1/8. Yeah, Braña was great but he had near him Verón, both were great together but the key and 'soul' of that team was Verón.

Veron was good, but I think that defense was more important in this title, played terrific. Braña always made fantastic job, Andujar in the net also was excelent. And about offense, it wasn't only Veron. Gata Fernandez played outstanding, Diego Galvan also did very good job. So to say that they won because of Veron is wrong, from my point of view. Almost all start players had their merits and Veron's merits wasn't so superiour to others. For me, Braña was the best of them.

Probably he was a bit overrated but he's a crazy talent, it's really hard to find a player with his style and how succesful he was at his career...NT? Yeah is a really shame at his career as well as it's Zanetti's, Ayala's, Demicheli's, Almeyda's, etc...as they didn't win shit and they aren't overrated at all. You know, since 1993 Argentina didn't win anything. And the comparision with Guillermo Barros Schelotto and Delgado is pretty off imo as both were awesome strikers and Verón is a midfielder. Still I get your point but I don't really agree with that. Also i don't agree Verón is a 'pseudo-star'.

Yes, after I wrote about GBS and Delgado I thougth that it wasn't best comparision, but I see that you get my point. We, Argentinians, disprice our best players for all players who play in Europe. As other example, Bielsa didn't called not only Riquelme and Schelotto, but also Ibarra. Flaco Schiavi "killed" everyone at those times and in NT played Pochettino, Chamot - pretty old defenders which also never were so execelent to be undouptobly in NT. The same thing now: who in Europe (from Argentinians) are better than Seba Dominguez or Lichita Lopez? Still play Fernandez and some other uncertain players like Rojo.

Btw I'm really happy with him backing to play, he would make afa league better.

Agree, as I wrote before.

Dimon

Postby Argonath » 2013 Jul 28, 00:03

Great game today against Atletico Madrid! Showed his skills are obviusly still there.. Best player in match alongside Duvan Zapata.
Will be great to see him play again in Estudiantes. Let's see if he still deserves this stats with some games, especially the phisical ones.

Argonath

Postby Vickingo » 2013 Jul 28, 00:25

He looked really well today vs Atlético Madrid, specially with 38 years, playing with one of top 5 teams in La Liga and with all their players. I'll try to make his comp.

Vickingo

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players