Ashley Young

Moderators: vinnie, Jez, BigStu, Mod's

Ashley Young

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:03

Talented young player, usually plays as a winger and also capable of playing as a striker. Young has natural ability and explosive pace with good skill on the ball, Young likes to run at defenders and has the ability to whip in dangerous crosses. Signed last season during the transfer window from Watford where he was their star player and identified as a player with a very bright future. He made a encouraging start last season and made 14 appearances and scored 2 goals, he has been capped 10 times for the under-21 England national side and was recently called up to the full national squad for the first time..

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Ashley YOUNG

Postby Dino » 2009 Jan 03, 02:58

Ulises wrote:
Pazza Interista wrote:
Ulises wrote:@ Pazza Interista: Do you really think his pace should be on par with Aguero and higher than Benzema, Pato, Babel, Clichy or Evra?¿ He is not that explosive...

Yeah you're probably right, 89 would be ok then.

Then count you as an agree?¿ What do you think about the other stats?¿

Yeah i agree with them ;)

Dino

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Jan 03, 05:13

Ulises wrote:
Lancaster wrote: i agree with everything BUT i think his response should atleast go up to 80 or a bit higher to 82

Sure mate forget about it, i go with 82, as it is a value agreed by some ppl.

Suming up:

TS: 86-87
Acc: 89
Res: 81
Agi: 91-92
DS: 88
*Passing

Agrees: Pazza Interista, Lancaster, Ulises

this has gone REAL messy, some people are agreeing with 91 acc and 88 agi, but you and a few others otherwise, we need to round the suggestions and agrees up correctly or it will never be updated

TheTrueSeto

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Jan 03, 17:14

I did the dirty work and tallied up all the agrees:
9 - DS: 87/88(seto)(quincy)(nrby)(seto)(jmg)88(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(brezza)
7 - *Passing: (bald)(seto)(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(jmg)(brezza)
6 - LPA: 89/90(paddy)(jmg)(Gooner)(Ulises)(Pazza)90(brezza)
TS: 87 (fishdalf)(seto)(Pazza)(jmg)(brezza)86(fides)86/87(Ulises)(lancaster)
Accl: 92 (Fishdalf)91(seto)(quincy)(nrby)(seto)89(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(jmg)(brezza)88/89(fides)
LPS: 88(paddy)84/85(Gooner)(jmg)(Ulises)(Pazza)85(brezza)
FKA: 84 (Seto)
Res: 82 (fishdalf)(seto)(Pazza)(jmg)(brezza)80-82(lancaster)81(Ulises)(Pazza)
Agi: 88-89 (ulises)(brezza)88(seto)(quincy)(nrby)(jmg)91-92(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)
Agg: much higher (ramv)
Attk: higher (ramv)

Yes...this is a mess 8-)

Last edited by jmg721 on 2009 Jan 05, 00:53, edited 6 times in total.
"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jan 03, 17:47

Why don't we update the clear ones, and agreed by most people like for example:

TS: 87 (fishdalf)(seto)(Pazza)(jmg)(Ulises)(lancaster)(Brezza).

Res: 82 (fishdalf)(seto)(Pazza)(jmg)(lancaster)(Ulises)(Pazza)(Brezza).

DS: 88 (seto)(quincy)(nrby)(seto)(jmg)(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(Brezza).

LPA: 90 (paddy)(jmg)(Gooner)(Ulises)(Pazza)(Brezza)

LPS: 85 (Gooner)(jmg)(Ulises)(Pazza)(Brezza).

FKA: 84 (Seto)(ulises)(Brezza).

*Passing: (bald)(seto)(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(jmg)(Brezza).

Keep on discussion with:

Acc:
92 (Fishdalf)
91 (seto)(quincy)(nrby)(seto)
89 (Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(jmg)(fides)(Brezza)

Agi:
88 (seto)(quincy)(nrby)(jmg)
91-92(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)

NOTE: I took the freedom of puting the doubt agreed values like for example 88/89, with the most agreed ones.

I also quote my arguments for the: Acc: 89, Agility: 90-91

I think his acceleration shouldn't be that high, he is not close to aguero (ACC: 92) or better than benzema (ACC: 90), he is not that explosive imo. I think that 89 would suit him well.

In the other way, his dribbles are more thanked to his agility wich i think could 91 or 92, he really agile and his dribbles are due to it. IMO agilier than Nasri (90).

Good work jmg721!!

Last edited by Ulises on 2009 Jan 05, 00:57, edited 2 times in total.
Ulises

Postby Dino » 2009 Jan 04, 00:28

Ulises wrote:LPA: 90 (paddy)(jmg)(Gooner)(Ulises)
LPS: 85 (Gooner)(jmg)(Ulises)

Agree with these too

Dino

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jan 05, 00:31

lol what a mess, for the record I agree with

Response: 82
Top Speed: 87
Acceleration: 89
Dribble Speed: 88
LPA: 90
LPS: 85

*Passing

Agility im unsure with, i think that there is quite a gulf between him and players like Wallcott and Wright-Phillips. So id say around 88/89 :)

Capello would be mental not to include him in the England team. Young and Walcott down the wings would be Godly.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 05, 06:20

Ulises wrote:Keep on discussion with:

Acc:
92 (Fishdalf)
91 (seto)(quincy)(nrby)(seto)
89 (Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)(jmg)(fides)(Brezza)

Agi:
88 (seto)(quincy)(nrby)(jmg)
91-92(Ulises)(lancaster)(Pazza)

I still think he should have a 91-92 for acceleration and an 88 in agility looks good to me. BUT seen as enough people have agreed to AT LEAST an 88 in agility and an 89 in acceleration i've updated those values., they can be increased even further if needed.

UPDATED THE REST

fishdalf

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Jan 05, 06:26

I'd say he REALLY is slightly better than Benzema in terms of acceleration. Like fishdalf said, he REALLY is that explosive if you watch him closely enough, especially on his days. 91 wouldn't be unfair imo, considering Benzema's TS is about to be raised as well

TheTrueSeto

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jan 05, 10:48

What you mean on "his days"?¿ When he is in form?¿

But mate you are making a mess, we are talking about Acc not TS, so raising benzema TS is not linked with Young Acc... and TS doesn't make you explosive, that's pure Acc. But anyway the comparation is not right cause you are comparing 2 diffrent stats, this has NO sense, i can't understand the conexion between benzema TS and young Acc... LOL

But ayway players with Acc: 90, are much explosive than young, i don't see young passing defense just by accelerating, he pass players due to his quick movments, something like iniesta, sneijder, or cazorla do, and not like benzema, pato, or torres.

In the last 4 matches, he hasn't even dribbled (is he in bad form now?¿), he couldn't dribbled easily, like a player who has Acc: 90, for example against arsenal he couldn't past sagna never... Just some dribbles yesterday against that team, a team from third division or chamipionship?¿

Ulises

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Jan 05, 10:58

I understand, no need to get so defensive, but if you don't see young passing defense just by accelerating, thats because you haven't seen enough of him! Creative players tend to vary their attacks on the full backs, and it would be really boring if C.Ronaldo simply tried to beat the fullback with sprints... Quick movements consist of a combination of Agi+Acc, and he clearly is up there with the lot.

And no, I'm not trying to compare TS to Acc. I clearly understand the difference between TS and Acc, and the difference between assuming and watching the players in real life, I'm simply trying to imply that Benzema would still be quicker over the long distance( i know it might not have anything to do with the subject of discussion, but I'm just mentioning it for randomness). I know you're Spanish, and I watch more of EPL than the La Liga, and you're probably the opposite, so I rarely comment on players which I don't know much of.

No offence mate, but try watching him for a few more matches. He's really good at quick turns of pace.

TheTrueSeto

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jan 05, 11:21

I didn't want to ofend you, just my english wich is not very rich and sometimes i can't find other words to explalin myself and seems to be a bit rude.

Well, quick movemntes is not a combination of agi+acc. Quick movemntes means AGI, acceleration means the time a player spent in reaching his TS. And i didn't see young passing players just by bursting defense.

And mate i see more matches from EPL tha La liga, even being spanish. i spent all saturdays and sundays afternoon seeing matches, sometimes i see with my friend 2 matches at the same time, this week i saw arsenal, liverpool and villa, from la liga madrid and sporting (at the same time), barcelona, sevilla and valencia-at madrid. And the same every weekend, and since RM was interested in this player i saw every match of villa, focusing my attention on young, and i don't see this player as a pure dribbler he is not the kind of player that can easily dribble past players, he fails many dribbles, and he prefets to send great crosses than dribble past, imo his crosses and links with his mates are his strong points but not his dribbles. But my thought about his dribbles is that he is more a quick player (due to agility never acceleration) than a bursting player, his style look more like Nasri.

But anyway can you show me some videos that change my mind and make me to forget about his last 4 or 5 matches?¿

Ulises

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Jan 05, 11:25

Alright, it's tough to find videos that focus merely on beating his opponents, but I'll leave it for more opinions since I don't want an argument to go overboard..

But I'll give you a small English lesson here, movements can be any movement. What are movements? Movements are where you shift any of your limbs or any part of your body. Quick bursts of speed are movements. Swatting a fly is a quick movement as well. (Please don't take this seriously, this is just a joke lol, lighten up!)

But i shall stand by my point that he is world class on acceleration.

TheTrueSeto

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jan 05, 15:32

@ Seto could we probably find an intermediate solution beween us?¿ Not Acc: 91-92, not Agility 91-92, and agree with Acc: 90, Agility: 90?¿ What could be more fair for the stats?¿

Well also if more agree of course

Ulises

Postby Lancaster » 2009 Jan 07, 01:22

id be happy with everything 90 ..TS ACC AGI.

i think it would make everyone happy and be quite accurate

Lancaster

Postby ramyv10 » 2009 Jan 07, 05:03

fishdalf wrote:
Ulises wrote:
Paddy wrote:Top Speed: 86
Acceleration: 87

I didn't notice that, agree with this, and gooner suggestions for LPs. But i still think that acc: 87, isn't enogh for him, he should be close to world class.

Well at least 3 people have agreed to at least this for both speed stats, so updated to this for now.

Just for the record though i disagree with the both suggestions, at the moment he sits on the same speed as Downing (slightly unfair) and 1 less in acceleration (crazy). I think we should be looking at low 90's here for acceleration and perhaps 1 point higher in speed. How does this look to everyone?:

Top Speed: 87
Acceleration: 92

I've tested it and it gives him those small bursts of pace he is becoming known for. Make no mistake, Ashley is lightning quick and this isn't overrating him in any way whatsoever.

Other comparisons:

Ryan Babel
Top Speed: 91
Acceleration: 92

Fernando Torres
Top Speed: 88
Acceleration: 95

I'm going to agree with Fishdalf's suggestion.
TS: 87
Acc: 92

I've tested it and it gives him that burst of speed which makes him so explosive on the wing going at defenders.

ramyv10

Postby WayneThePayne » 2009 Jan 07, 09:51

I actually think it's unfair to put him 3 points above Nani in terms of acc, i don't see that he is any quicker than him off the mark.

WayneThePayne

Postby Lancaster » 2009 Jan 07, 10:10

you have got to be kidding me. young is way faster than nani and quicker too.

Lancaster

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Jan 07, 11:20

I do think that Nani gets quicker in the long distance.....

TheTrueSeto

Postby Lancaster » 2009 Jan 10, 13:49

hope u guys are watching the game now so we can finally raise his stats

Lancaster

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 10, 14:07

Well there was a perfect example of Young's immense acceleration, getting back to slide and win that ball. I stick by my 90+ suggestion.

fishdalf

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC