Tiago "Bébé" Correia

Moderators: mracho, JMVP, FernandoA13, Mod's

Tiago "Bébé" Correia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Nov 04, 02:57

Full Name: Tiago Manuel Dias Correia

PLAYER INFO:
Spoiler: show
Tiago Manuel Dias Correia (born 12 July 1990), better known by his nickname Bébé, is a Portuguese footballer for Turkish club Beşiktaş on loan from English side Manchester United. He can play as a winger on either flank, as a target man or as a support striker.

PADDY'S DESCRIPTION:
Tiago Manuel Dias Ferreira, commonly referred to as 'Bebe', was a complete stranger to most football followers about five months ago. This completely changed on Wednesday evening though, when Premier League powerhouse Manchester United announced on their official website that they'd secured the services of the 20-year-old attacker for an undisclosed fee.

To say this is a rags to riches story would be an understatement, as the attacker's career is a real fairytale affair. The forward was discovered by Estrela Amadora when he played for amateur side Loures. After signing for the Reboleira, he started his career with the club's youth team. He was quickly promoted to the senior team though and played his matches in the II Divisao last term.

One season at senior level was enough to arouse the interest of a number of bigger Portuguese clubs. Only five weeks ago, Vitoria Guimaraes made a move for Bebe and lured him away from Estrela Amadora in the Portuguese third division. He never made an official appearce for Guimaraes though. The promising youngster impressed during a number of pre-season friendlies and several big European clubs showed an interest in signing him.

Five weeks after Bebe had signed with Vitoria Guimaraes, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson travelled to Portugal to meet the young attacker. That's when the transfer, completed on Wednesday, was discussed for the first time.

There's so much more to Bebe's story than just a rise to the top at a lightning pace though. The Cacem-born attacker went through quite a difficult childhood and was raised at an orphanage, Casa do Gaiato, after spending some of his childhood on the streets. He has even represented Portugal in the Homeless World Cup.

Jorge Paixao, currently the coach of Mafra, was Bebe's coach during his spell with Estrela Amadora. In an interview with Antena 1, Paixao revealed that Bebe's difficult childhood could very well make the difference. "He was raised on the streets and that's where he learned to play his football," he said. "All the players come through youth academies now and they're all the same. Bebe is nothing like that.

"He's an old-fashioned player. He learned everything that he knows on the street. He possesses a natural creativity and that could really make a difference. Additionally, he has the quality to improvise very well and he has all the features needed to succeed. He's pretty tall and is very strong in the air. He's also very fast though and is technically very good."

Manchester United almost missed out on signing the hot prospect, according to a report in Marca. The Spanish newspaper claims that Real Madrid gaffer Jose Mourinho was also keeping tabs on Bebe. However, the Reds confirmed that capture of the 20-year-old on Wednesday evening. The Guardian suggests that former United assistant coach Carlos Queiroz, currently in charge of Portugal's national side, was the one who tipped off Ferguson about the young attacker.

Bebe is a player who can play in several positions in attack. The youngster can play from both wings, as a support striker, and also as a lone forward. He will have to fight off stiff competition at Old Trafford though if he is to break into the first team. Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Dimitar Berbatov, Michael Owen and Federico Macheda are all fighting for a starting berth as well.

EARLY LIFE:
Bébé is the son of Cape Verdean immigrants and is now the fourth player of Cape Verdean descent to join Manchester United; the others are Portuguese international winger Nani, French international left-back Patrice Evra and former Swedish international Henrik Larsson.[4] He was given his nickname, which means baby in Portuguese, by his older brother.[5]

Bébé was abandoned as a young child by his father Francisco and his mother Deolinda. He was consequently raised by his grandmother in a suburb of Lisbon, until the age of 12, when a court placed him in the care of the church.[6] He moved to the Casa do Gaiato shelter in Santo Antão do Tojal, 20 km outside Lisbon.[6] During his time there, he and seven other residents of the shelter were invited to play for the CAIS team in the 2009 European Street Football Festival in the Bosnian town of Foča.[7][8] Despite Bébé scoring four goals in six matches, CAIS did not progress beyond the second group stage of the tournament.

It was alleged that Bébé had participated in the Homeless World Cup, but these reports were found to be false. He was considered for selection for the national homeless squad after his performance in the European Street Football Festival, but he ultimately did not play in the tournament

CLUB CAREER:
Early career

Having previously played for amateur side Loures, Bébé was signed by Portuguese Second Division side Estrela da Amadora in the summer of 2009.[10] Regarded as the clubs star player,[10] he finished the season with four goals in 26 matches.[11] However, Amadora were beset by financial problems and offered him around Europe for £125,000 but found no takers.[10] His former agent, Gonçalo Reis, revealed that Bébé was offered to PSV Eindhoven for free in May 2010, but PSV turned down the offer as they did not know anything about the player.[12] As their situation worsened they stopped paying his wages, so he broke his contract and signed for Portuguese Primeira Liga team Vitória de Guimarães in the summer of 2010 on a free transfer.[13] His contract with Guimarães at first included a €3 million release clause, but this was increased to €9 million following his performances in pre-season games.[13] He finished with five goals in six friendly matches.[10]

Manchester United

On 11 August 2010, only five weeks after he signed for Vitória de Guimarães, Manchester United agreed an undisclosed fee with the Portuguese club for the transfer of Bébé.[14] The fee was reported to be around £7.4 million, believed to be the value of the buy-out clause in the forward's contract,[15] though reports in Portugal later claimed the fee was €9 million, of which the agent company Gestifute received €3.5 million (included agent fee) and the club only received €5.5 million (about 60%),[16] as third-party ownership is allowed in Portugal. It was also reported that Real Madrid and Benfica were interested in him.[17] Bébé was recommended to Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson by Portugal national team coach Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson's former assistant. Ferguson only met him the day before the transfer.[15] On 12 August, David Gill announced that Bébé would not be sent out on loan; instead, he would work with the first-team squad to prove his worth and to learn English.[18] The transfer was completed on 16 August, following Bébé's medical and the submission of the appropriate paperwork,[19] and he was unveiled to the media at a press conference the following day, along with fellow new signings Javier Hernández and Chris Smalling.[20]

On 6 September, he was announced as part of the 25-man squad for Manchester United to play in the UEFA Champions League.[21] On 22 September, Bébé made his debut for Manchester United as he replaced Park Ji-Sung in the 74th minute of a 5–2 away victory over Scunthorpe in the League Cup.[22] On 2 October, he made his Premier League debut, replacing Anderson in the 80th minute in their 0–0 draw against Sunderland.[23] His first start came against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Fourth Round of the League Cup on 26 October, scoring his first goal in the process, United's first in a 3–2 home win.[24] His first Champions League goal came on his debut in the competition, scoring the final goal of a 3–0 away victory over Bursaspor on 2 November.[25] On 19 February, Bébé played the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 home win against non-League Crawley Town in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup.[26]

Beşiktaş (on loan)

On 15 June 2011, Bébé signed for Turkish side Beşiktaş on a season-long loan deal,[27] who have an option to make the move permanent for £2 million

INTERNATIONAL CAREER:
Bébé was a Portugal under-19 international.[28] In August 2010, Bébé was called up to the under-21 squad for the first time for their 2011 European under-21 qualifiers against England and Macedonia in early September.[29] He made his debut for the under-21s, playing as a lone striker in their 1–0 loss to England on 4 September.[27] He then scored his first goal for the under-21 side three days later in their final qualifying game against Macedonia, scoring the first in a 3–1 win

VIDEOS:

The man. The Myth. The Legend. BEBE.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Sep 15, 00:33, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: updated picture and name
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: BÉBÉ

Postby ThaReaper01 » 2010 Nov 04, 03:00

WTF?! The one difference between our sets is the shooting. I've got him on 74 ST & ST. Very nice, P.

ThaReaper01

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Nov 04, 09:38

The kid has got the skills and the attitude. He just needs to mature his game a bit, but if he can live up to the expectations then Portugal can be sure of having yet another quality young winger in their ranks.

Anyway, he's 77 Kg according to zerozero.pt: http://www.zerozero.pt/jogador/bebe/act ... ault/99231
And if Obertan has 79 Kg, I really doubt it that Bebé is 75 Kg as the latter not only is taller, but he seems more robust.

Last edited by Luisao82 on 2010 Nov 06, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby Relaxman » 2010 Nov 04, 10:16

Good Stat,But Agility 84?

Arsenal F.C. & BEC Tero Sasana F.C.
Relaxman

Postby Brezza » 2010 Nov 04, 11:11

Lps needs to go up, his crosses have no placement at all but he rifles them in like there's no tomorrow. It could probably be the same as his Shot power rating, his crosses are literally shots across goal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFPBQ9UVUE

He could arguably have cut back pass and the scissor dribble thingy as well.

Last edited by Brezza on 2010 Nov 05, 17:09, edited 4 times in total.
" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Fiddy » 2010 Nov 04, 15:14

Finally done thx, and agree with B. ;)

Fiddy

Postby Jez » 2010 Nov 04, 23:59

Still don't think you lowered his Long Pass Accuracy enough mate, he seriously can't cross for shit. I'd have him at a 71/72 tops personally

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Phil » 2010 Nov 05, 01:01

Is 76/84/75 not slightly high, or at least premature shooting stats for a player who only scored 4 goals last year in the Portugese 3rd division and who has only played a few games for Man U to judge him. This puts him at a very decent level for such a young and unproven winger/forward imo.

Phil

Postby Jez » 2010 Nov 05, 01:06

Good Spot ;) If Bebe gets a 76 in Shot Accuracy, and Bale only gets a 73, then that doesn't add up

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Phil » 2010 Nov 05, 01:18

:lol: yeah I know, wow I didn't know Bale was only on a 73 for SA, not to jump on the Gareth Bale bandwagon or anything :lol: but I've always thought he had a pretty accurate shot with his left peg, even at Southampton.

Phil

Postby BigStu » 2010 Nov 05, 12:19

yeah, that should go up for bale.

BigStu

Postby adieet » 2010 Nov 05, 15:13

Lone forward means CF ? Should it be WF SS CF ?
As the description said.
"The youngster can play from both wings, as a support striker, and also as a lone forward."

Last edited by adieet on 2010 Nov 05, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Postby Paddy » 2010 Nov 05, 16:03

I'm cool with dropping his SA and LPA, these are just makeshift stats so we can have a semi accurate set on the forum.

Paddy

Postby Gugu » 2010 Nov 06, 16:49

Brezza wrote:Lps needs to go up, his crosses have no placement at all but he rifles them in like there's no tomorrow. It could probably be the same as his Shot power rating, his crosses are literally shots across goal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFPBQ9UVUE

He could arguably have cut back pass and the scissor dribble thingy as well.

Barry Ferguson and Inler are on a 82, which seems fine, I certainly wouldn't go to his SP value, they aren't too powerful sometimes.

67 LPA plays well for the accuracy of his crosses, blind man ben can at least get his crosses on target, whereas bebe can't :|

Aggression could be a little higher, he is involved in the attack alot and is further forward on the pitch than macheda, and obertan.

Gugu

Postby bjk_melo_151 » 2010 Nov 07, 12:33

he needs some increase for techniquals :)
my suggestions
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Technique: 80
i think his dribble style is very good.

κάθε πρόσωπο που είναι ένας κόσμος. káthe próso̱po pou eínai énas kósmos.
bjk_melo_151

Postby Gose_Chicharito14 » 2010 Nov 07, 13:43

bjk_melo_151 wrote:he needs some increase for techniquals :)
my suggestions
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Technique: 80
i think his dribble style is very good.

also decrese his LPA 67 and Swere 75

Gose_Chicharito14

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2010 Nov 07, 20:00

After watching the game yesterday, I have a few inputs.

Balance:- 82, he has an average balance, but he's a little bit weak for a 190cm guy.
Speed/ACC:- I'm not sure, but I don't think he deserve to be that high, somewhere around Valencia's ( 88/86 ) would be fine ATM.
Dribble Accuracy :~ Around 80, he is a fine dribbler, he deserves a yellow value.
Dribble Speed :- Around Speed stats.
Passing:- High sixties, somewhere between 67-69, his LPA should be at least green though.
Shooting:- Accuracy to come down to 74/75 Power to 82/83.
Technique:- A point or two increase to 78/79 seems fair.
Teamwork:- Needs to be decreased for the time being, he is not interacting that well with the team, probably because he is new. I would say 75 MAX.

alawadhi3000

Postby LiamwPk » 2010 Nov 07, 20:40

alawadhi3000 wrote:After watching the game yesterday, I have a few inputs.

Balance:- 82, he has an average balance, but he's a little bit weak for a 190cm guy.
Speed/ACC:- I'm not sure, but I don't think he deserve to be that high, somewhere around Valencia's ( 88/86 ) would be fine ATM.
Dribble Accuracy :~ Around 80, he is a fine dribbler, he deserves a yellow value.
Dribble Speed :- Around Speed stats.
Passing:- High sixties, somewhere between 67-69, his LPA should be at least green though.
Shooting:- Accuracy to come down to 74/75 Power to 82/83.
Technique:- A point or two increase to 78/79 seems fair.
Teamwork:- Needs to be decreased for the time being, he is not interacting that well with the team, probably because he is new. I would say 75 MAX.

No way should his LPA be a green :| he's got by far the worst cross in the United team.

http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page/ (PES Wiki)

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/ (Neoseeker)
LiamwPk

Postby Paddy » 2010 Nov 07, 21:51

Typo, surely he meant LPS.

Paddy

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2010 Nov 08, 16:39

Paddy wrote:Typo, surely he meant LPS.

Correct.

alawadhi3000

Next

Return to SL Benfica