Wayne Rooney

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Wayne Rooney

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Jan 15, 01:44

Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Nov 12, 10:12, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Wayne ROONEY

Postby deity86 » 2010 Apr 08, 13:17

In jez's set he has Attack: 85, Response: 86, SA: 83, Header: 81 (though I seem to be the only one wanting it a bit lower :D) and Jump: 80 so you pretty much the same idea ;)

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Nrby » 2010 Apr 08, 13:20

yeah I remember jez sending me his set some time ago ... but I thought it would be the case that someone made the first step ... I mean I wanted to wait for the Chelsea match to see how he performs ... but that obviously was a waste of time :) ... and update is overdue

Nrby

Postby deity86 » 2010 Apr 27, 10:18

For those that don't pay attention to the update thread.. he's been updated with jez's stats.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby ThaReaper01 » 2010 Apr 27, 10:58

P15 - Goal Poacher?

P21 - Fox in Box?

I think I remember hearing that one of these is equivalent to the *Positioning star, which he-*Checks*-has. I'd go for Poacher, simply because that's what he's turned into. RVN without the preposterous SA and ST.

ThaReaper01

Postby deity86 » 2010 Apr 27, 11:05

P21 seems to be more of the equivalent of *Post Player, though I'm still not fully sure if there's other aspects to it.

P15 is more of a *Lines equivalent, maybe more of a "playing on the shoulder" rather than "timing of the run" type thing though. Again there may be other aspects to it. I think in both cases people have different ideas about them.

deity86

Postby ThaReaper01 » 2010 Apr 27, 11:09

Hmm, this is a predicament then isn't it? Even though it isn't *Positioning per se, I still think he deserves GP. But hold on, let me go read more about it first. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Hmm, nah. According to the attribute explained thread, it isn't what the card's title is. Or maybe it has a 'hidden' feature that we don't know about. Damn Konami.

EDIT 2: God dammit, not I'm confused. :cry: :oops:

EDIT 3: So, Konami, why does the animation emulate one thing and the description say another? FITB would be what Rooney should have it the animation and description checked out.

"P21 – Fox in the Box (CF) (Offensive)
A striker who lurks in the opposition 18 yard box just waiting for the ball."

Sounds like Wazza to me... :?

ThaReaper01

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Apr 27, 11:43

Why has Balance been lowered??

Kanouté

Postby Luisao82 » 2010 Apr 27, 12:29

Good question.

If bullfighting is culture, then cannibalism is gastronomy.
Luisao82

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 27, 14:16

Das ist das! wrote:Why has Balance been lowered??

Originally being an 89 it was a little too high for Rooney. Yes Rooney is strong but at 89 Rooney rarely gets pushed off the ball, and when adding his height and weight 177cm 83kg he is very heavy for a person this short already. Honestly it could an 86 base on his height and weight proportion alone.

Rooney at the 89 wasn't well represented. He can still lose many physically challenges to taller or shorter players but the original value was overrated for him IMO.

chanman

Postby Jez » 2010 Apr 27, 15:43

Precisely. It was too easy to barge through defences in-game with the 89.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 Apr 27, 18:14

I'm raising Aggression to 90 based on testing. I've just noticed this evening that with the 89, he doesn't attack as aggresively on the counter as he does in real life. In reality, when United break from the back or in midfield, he runs full pelt at the oppostion defence and really busts a gut to get on the end of crosses or through balls. The obvious example is the Arsenal goal this season. With the 89, he seems to be slightly more reluctant to sprint ahead of the play and kind of hangs about a bit more and jogs. This is probably due to the high teamwork and the 90 in Mentality. When I brought it up to 90 the difference was really noticeable. This isn't to say that when United are in possesion in-game he will constantly be looking for balls in behind etc, as believe me he doesn't. He will still drop back to help out and play little one-two's when United are passing the ball about and building an attack more slowly, but when there is a break on, the 90 in aggression really kicks in and I find his overall game is far more realistic and there is a good balance in his play. I hope this description makes sense to everyone :)

Jez

Postby lfc 4 eva » 2010 Apr 27, 18:33

A few points:

Firstly I think you could have gone further with heading. He really has come on leap and bounds in that aspect and could altleast sit on a 83 looking at ladders although I think it needs quite a lot of work doing to it.

Secondly I think his dribble accuracy should be higher. Im not sure why Van lowered it in the first place. He does posses excellent close control of the ball, atleast on par with Fernando Torres, although I think Wayne is slightly better and should sit 1 higher on an 85 putting him on par with Berbatov.

Finally I though his speed was better where it was; atleast on par with Torres who I honestly cannot make up my mind on in this aspect, but I don't think Wayne is slower over long distance.

lfc 4 eva

Postby Jez » 2010 Apr 27, 18:42

I did have these figures in mind when I was making the set originally
DA:84
TS:89 ACC:86

I actually tested a lot of different TS/ACC values out. (Even TS:90 ACC:85 which worked suprisingly well)

I wouldn't have a problem if people agreed to them being raised to those values at all.

With heading though I have to disagree I'm afraid mate. Whilst he has obviously improved massively, 90% of his headed goals have come due to his vastly improved positional sense in the area. He's rarely marked tightly (if at all) when he heads home and so he doesn't really need anything higher than 81. Besides, if there is one thing lacking in Wazza's heading ability it is power, which anything higher than 81 would give him a lot more of. Try him out in game and I assure you that he scores plenty of headers. (I've just bagged two in a game against Bayern)

Jez

Postby Nrby » 2010 Apr 27, 18:43

I still feel you where a bit conservative :)

Nrby

Postby Brezza » 2010 Apr 27, 18:57

Pretty good update and a good call on raising aggression ;)

I agree with Sam and Nrby though, his heading is probably most exponential improvement Ive ever seen in a player. Sure positioning has helped but considering he isn't very tall nor the the most athletic jumper in the world alot of his headed goals rely on pure placemnt.
Take his goal against Villa in the league cup final for instance, tightly marked and the ball crossed into him didn't have much pace on it whilst curling away from goal but he still managed to generate enough power and placement on his looped header from virtually nothing.

I don't think 83 is over the top. if he continues to constantly score headers season in season out on par with this one it could be rated up there on a world class value.

I think he puts more pace into his long passing and can pick out players running on the other wing and through the middle effortlessly at times. ( The pass he made agaisnt Man City this season is one of the best ive ever seen) , However he would probably have higher rating if he wasn't a striker which have different standards so no biggie.

I think Fox-in-the-box suits him as well especially when playing in the lone striker role. Might need testing though

Last edited by Brezza on 2010 Apr 27, 19:33, edited 8 times in total.
" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Apr 27, 19:08

Is it really fair that 5-points difference in BB between him (177-83) and Essien (178-84) as two power houses despite short statures?

Kanouté

Postby Jez » 2010 Apr 27, 19:16

Okay how about;

DA:84
TS:89
Header:82
Balance:88
add Fox In The Box

With regards to LPS I do agree that he can lash them, but he sometimes floats them too so I think the 84 is okay as it is

Jez

Postby Kanouté » 2010 Apr 27, 19:21

Okay with those.

Kanouté

Postby Nrby » 2010 Apr 27, 19:22

sounds better to me ... hope he has a good world cup and confirms what I believe is his value

Nrby

Postby Jez » 2010 Apr 27, 19:23

I suppose I can see the logic behind the 83 in heading though, I guess he's no worse than Berba or Fletcher in this aspect..

Jez

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC