Danny Welbeck

Moderators: Jez, vinnie, BigStu, Mod's

Danny Welbeck

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:01

Credit to Paddy

Spoiler: show
Long before Daniel Welbeck made his senior debut for Manchester United he had already made a name for himself at Old Trafford with some impressive performances for the youth academy and reserve teams. His seven goals in 11 starts for the reserves in the 2007/08 season left many fans calling for manager Sir Alex Ferguson to grant the youngster a first team debut. Ferguson - an expert in nurturing young talent - was suitably impressed, comparing the 18-year-old to Portsmouth striker Nwankwo Kanu due to his natural ability on the ball. After making his first appearance for the senior team in the Carling Cup against Middlesbrough in September 2008, Welbeck finally made his long awaited Premier League debut bagging a spectacular long range goal in a 5-0 rout of Stoke at Old Trafford. Since then, despite his chances being limited by the arrivals of Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen, Welbeck has put in a number of strong performances for United and is definitely one to watch for the future. Born and raised in Longsight, Manchester, Welbeck is a fan favourite. United haven’t seen a youth team forward break into the first team since Mark Hughes first appeared on the scene in 1983, so the burden of expectation is massive. He is a player with pace, a fierce shot, strength and excellent heading ability and since making his debut he has scored three goals for United in 13 appearances, including two FA Cup goals. However, although he is clearly a promising young player with an impressive record at youth level, his initial impact has not been as impressive as that of some of his team-mates, so it is important to put his talent into perspective. He is not as developed as Owen or Wayne Rooney were at his age and it is very difficult to predict how his career will evolve in the coming years. In the past many English forwards have been tipped for the top and have subsequently faded into obscurity. The likes of Danny Cadermateri and Malcolm Christie have developed into nothing but the answers to obscure pub quiz questions and there is nothing to say that Welbeck won’t suffer a similar fate. Despite this he can consider himself lucky that he has Ferguson to guide him, one of the best in the game at ensuring that young players fulfil their potential. Welbeck has a wealth of international experience at youth level, scoring for the Under-17 team at the 2007 World Championships in Korea and starring for the Under-19 team at the 2009 European Championships. At United he faces the unenviable task of competing with the likes of Rooney and Berbatov for the role of first-team striker, however given a few years experience it is conceivable that he could play a starring role for an England side lacking in talented young strikers. Welbeck does not currently have enough experience to be considered for England selection any time soon and whilst this has not prevented England managers in the past, (most notably Sven-Göran Eriksson’s decision to select Theo Walcott for the 2006 World Cup) it is unlikely that Fabio Capello will take a similar gamble on the youngster. Given the tough competition at United Welbeck might benefit from being loaned out to another Premier League side in the near future. Regular football could be all that is stopping him from repeating his youth level feats at the top level. Earlier in the year Welbeck made his England Under-21 debut as a substitute against Ecuador and his continued participation in the team will play an important role in his future development. Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce clearly recognises his potential, playing him in two games since February and naming him in his original 23-man squad for the 2009 European Championships. Although injury prevented him from playing at the Championships, at only 18 he will almost certainly be a part of the team for a number of years to come. While at United he must ensure that he makes the most of training with experienced veterans like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. Yet for all his promise, as a striker he will inevitably be judged on his goals and he must ensure that he continues to prove his goalscoring ability in the Premier League. In short, Daniel Welbeck has a tough task ahead of him if he is to become an England star but his mission is a simple one - get regular football and score plenty of goals.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 30, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Danny WELBECK

Postby Jez » 2012 Jan 30, 21:53

Yeah, his Shot Technique isn't as good as an 83. If we're gonna start treating shooting differently, then this is probably a value that needs changing. A Midfielder who shows similair ability in his shooting would unlikely get an 83, in fact I know he wouldn't.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby iman » 2012 Feb 14, 18:54

his first touches and dribbling are very good even under pressure , i want to see can he be great like that in next game or not.

iman

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2012 Feb 17, 08:25

MrEskola wrote:Well, according to Premier League's website (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... ny-welbeck), he should be 185 cm tall.

Why is this post being ignored? Yes he looks like 185cm to me.

alawadhi3000

Postby CR7 » 2012 Feb 27, 00:19

Yea he's around there. Just saw him standing next to Vidic (189), Evans (189) and Berbatov (189) and he was clearly shorter.

People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
CR7

Postby CR7 » 2012 Mar 12, 23:17

He could really have Shooting stats similar to someone like Chris Brunt, who has high Power and high Technique but low Accuracy. Welbeck's finishing is wayward at best and he's a candidate, surely, for white SA. 76 SA would fit for me as it's middle of the road and he has shown good placement in the past.

People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
CR7

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2012 Mar 13, 09:03

The current shooting values was your suggestion, I like him better on the old values (77/84).

alawadhi3000

Postby MrEskola » 2012 Mar 13, 13:58

alawadhi3000 wrote:
MrEskola wrote:Well, according to Premier League's website (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... ny-welbeck), he should be 185 cm tall.

Why is this post being ignored? Yes he looks like 185cm to me.

Don't know...

MrEskola

Postby CR7 » 2012 Mar 13, 16:31

alawadhi3000 wrote:The current shooting values was your suggestion, I like him better on the old values (77/84).

I believe I suggested 78/83/83. Then they were altered along with his Technique. 77 still strikes me as too high. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

CR7

Postby iman » 2012 Mar 18, 18:03

his Att, SA ,TW and length need update

iman

Postby CR7 » 2012 Apr 08, 14:51

CR7 wrote:He could really have Shooting stats similar to someone like Chris Brunt, who has high Power and high Technique but low Accuracy. Welbeck's finishing is wayward at best and he's a candidate, surely, for white SA. 76 SA would fit for me as it's middle of the road and he has shown good placement in the past.

I think we really need to look at his shooting. If Bendtner has white SA then I see no reason why Welbeck shouldn't as well.

CR7

Postby Kerry » 2012 Apr 22, 11:59

His passing stats makes him look like an average passer, but he's not. He's poor; passes (the short one) look rather aimless and with no real steam to keep them straight.

mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby ballmer » 2012 Apr 22, 12:48

Yeah, in general, strikers who make no more than basic link-up passes and lay-offs are given green passing stats, whereas white values are perfectly capable of replicating this.

EDIT: Moments after posting this he makes a perfectly-weighted, first touch pass to create the 3rd goal. :lol:

EDIT 2: And another perfectly-weighted assist...

ballmer

Postby Kerry » 2012 Apr 22, 13:03

Maybe if I said that his Free-kicks is shit he'll do the Roberto Carlos :lol:

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby Fuanzec » 2012 May 20, 21:53

In my opinion his header and jump are too high or at least a lil', this year he didn't score with head, in pes 2012 every time i cross the ball he nod it and score... But I'm not sure what numbers could
Make him real... I'm just saying :S

FC Barcelona, Man City, and Barcelona Sporting Club [ Ecuador ]

"I see the majority of you are white... Bien Blancos" lol.
Fuanzec

Postby Jackson13 » 2012 May 20, 23:13

Disagree. Can you at least support your idea? I don't see any good argument.

Okay, this is what I think, Welbeck is an interesting forward, he has a fantastic jump, there is allways a good chance of winning the ball in the air with Danny Welbeck.

Fuanzec wrote:In my opinion his header and jump are too high or at least a lil', this year he didn't score with head, in pes 2012 every time i cross the ball he nod it and score... But I'm not sure what numbers could
Make him real... I'm just saying :S

Are those good arguments? Im sorry but I bet you have never seen him playing, do not comment if you haven't.

We are the Champions, we are the Champions........ no time for loosers.

Allways with ya' Chelsea!
Jackson13

Postby iman » 2012 May 24, 06:39

he cant have higher Att?

iman

Postby Kerry » 2012 May 24, 14:38

Why would he? I think he hasn't shown all what he's capable of yet, he still has many years to come. He still needs more experience.

I'd call again for a SPA decrease, 73-72.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby BigStu » 2012 Jun 02, 16:57

ST RAISE OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ST must be like 99

BigStu

Postby BelloMina » 2012 Jun 02, 17:10

Fantastic goal Danny Welbeck what a technique ! Really good goal against Belgica.

Cantaré... cantaré cada Domingooo.... Vivirás... dentro de mi Corazooonn
BelloMina

Postby Welbeck19 » 2012 Jul 19, 21:12

Would Welbeck deserve Track back at all or would it be better to raise defense awareness to 2?

Welbeck19

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC