Danny Welbeck

Moderators: vinnie, BigStu, Jez, Mod's

Danny Welbeck

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:01

Credit to Paddy

Spoiler: show
Long before Daniel Welbeck made his senior debut for Manchester United he had already made a name for himself at Old Trafford with some impressive performances for the youth academy and reserve teams. His seven goals in 11 starts for the reserves in the 2007/08 season left many fans calling for manager Sir Alex Ferguson to grant the youngster a first team debut. Ferguson - an expert in nurturing young talent - was suitably impressed, comparing the 18-year-old to Portsmouth striker Nwankwo Kanu due to his natural ability on the ball. After making his first appearance for the senior team in the Carling Cup against Middlesbrough in September 2008, Welbeck finally made his long awaited Premier League debut bagging a spectacular long range goal in a 5-0 rout of Stoke at Old Trafford. Since then, despite his chances being limited by the arrivals of Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen, Welbeck has put in a number of strong performances for United and is definitely one to watch for the future. Born and raised in Longsight, Manchester, Welbeck is a fan favourite. United haven’t seen a youth team forward break into the first team since Mark Hughes first appeared on the scene in 1983, so the burden of expectation is massive. He is a player with pace, a fierce shot, strength and excellent heading ability and since making his debut he has scored three goals for United in 13 appearances, including two FA Cup goals. However, although he is clearly a promising young player with an impressive record at youth level, his initial impact has not been as impressive as that of some of his team-mates, so it is important to put his talent into perspective. He is not as developed as Owen or Wayne Rooney were at his age and it is very difficult to predict how his career will evolve in the coming years. In the past many English forwards have been tipped for the top and have subsequently faded into obscurity. The likes of Danny Cadermateri and Malcolm Christie have developed into nothing but the answers to obscure pub quiz questions and there is nothing to say that Welbeck won’t suffer a similar fate. Despite this he can consider himself lucky that he has Ferguson to guide him, one of the best in the game at ensuring that young players fulfil their potential. Welbeck has a wealth of international experience at youth level, scoring for the Under-17 team at the 2007 World Championships in Korea and starring for the Under-19 team at the 2009 European Championships. At United he faces the unenviable task of competing with the likes of Rooney and Berbatov for the role of first-team striker, however given a few years experience it is conceivable that he could play a starring role for an England side lacking in talented young strikers. Welbeck does not currently have enough experience to be considered for England selection any time soon and whilst this has not prevented England managers in the past, (most notably Sven-Göran Eriksson’s decision to select Theo Walcott for the 2006 World Cup) it is unlikely that Fabio Capello will take a similar gamble on the youngster. Given the tough competition at United Welbeck might benefit from being loaned out to another Premier League side in the near future. Regular football could be all that is stopping him from repeating his youth level feats at the top level. Earlier in the year Welbeck made his England Under-21 debut as a substitute against Ecuador and his continued participation in the team will play an important role in his future development. Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce clearly recognises his potential, playing him in two games since February and naming him in his original 23-man squad for the 2009 European Championships. Although injury prevented him from playing at the Championships, at only 18 he will almost certainly be a part of the team for a number of years to come. While at United he must ensure that he makes the most of training with experienced veterans like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. Yet for all his promise, as a striker he will inevitably be judged on his goals and he must ensure that he continues to prove his goalscoring ability in the Premier League. In short, Daniel Welbeck has a tough task ahead of him if he is to become an England star but his mission is a simple one - get regular football and score plenty of goals.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 30, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Danny WELBECK

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 17, 19:54

he's 18

Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 05, 01:00

he's actually class.

Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 11, 02:22

He could be considered a bit of a frill player, but at a time when the world and his dog claim English boys haven't got sufficient technique it's interesting that I can't think of a previous English player with his languid, skillful, clear headed, "samba" type style.

Paddy

Postby Nathan18 » 2009 Jan 12, 01:15

His play as really impressed me. He hasn't looked out of place in the 1st team. :)

He still needs to grow a little, though. He has the skills to play in the 1st team, but his body is still lacking. Needs another year or two to bulk up.

Nathan18

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 16:29

some stats need to go up though... for example he's faster than this imo, and has a harder shot, just to name 2.

Paddy

Postby pedala robinho » 2009 Jan 14, 17:53

From what I saw of him, he looks faster and stronger, a bit better in DA, his response needs to go up a bit, his shot power needs go up a LOT, like his aggression.

A good CF, good dribbler, shoter and AGGRESSIVE a lot, but I find his Technique (his first touches) seems to be really crap. Maybe he was nervous because he's so young.

pedala robinho

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 18:22

I have stats for him, if anyone wants them?

and I agree with you pedala

Paddy

Postby WayneThePayne » 2009 Jan 14, 19:15

Paddy wrote:I have stats for him, if anyone wants them?

Let's see them

WayneThePayne

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 19:31

Name: Danny WELBECK

Club: Manchester United
Number: 19
Position: CF*, WF
Nationality: English

Foot: R
Side: R

Height: 185
Weight: 73

Attack: 77
Defence: 37
Balance: 78
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 85
Response: 78
Agility: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 82
Short Pass Accuracy: 69
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 68
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 79
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Swerve: 75
Header: 74
Jump: 78
Technique: 77
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 73
Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 5

Last edited by Paddy on 2009 Jan 24, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
Paddy

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Jan 14, 21:36

What has he done to really warrent a 78 in response(which is pretty generous for a player with his experience I feel)? Also, I understand his passing may be fast, but by making it this high his passing will be too effective. If you compare this with top level CFs, you'll realize they are too similar.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 21:39

how are his passing speeds to high? he is quite good at delivering them they just aren't always accurate... and he is VERY good at responding to loose balls...

He is at this moment good enough for a few teams in the PL.

Paddy

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Jan 14, 22:13

Here are Zarate's passing stats that Re-Arranged recently did. And Zarate is a decent passing SS/CF.
Short Pass Accuracy: 74
Short Pass Speed: 73
Long Pass Acc.: 72
You see now how Welbeck's passing might be a bit much?

Like I've said in the past, Response is on of the main things that takes experience to get good at. A 78 for an 18yr old with little top level experience means that it is one of his strength IMO

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 22:18

jmg721 wrote:Here are Zarate's passing stats that Re-Arranged recently did. And Zarate is a decent passing SS/CF.
Short Pass Accuracy: 74
Short Pass Speed: 73
Long Pass Acc.: 72
You see now how Welbeck's passing might be a bit much?

whats wrong with the stats he's got with them now, he's not accurate, but they get there quite quickly, if he got better in accuracy terms he'd be a very good passer.

Like I've said in the past, Response is on of the main things that takes experience to get good at. A 78 for an 18yr old with little top level experience means that it is one of his strength IMO

you and tom have made getting all Responses up and before the RR i would've given him 75/76 but I'm never sure anymore after it.

Like, its possibly the most vague stat in the database, but he is good and I put him 1 beneath Nemeth who personally I think is worse than Welbeck in this area.

Paddy

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Jan 14, 22:28

1. I don't think Nemeth stats should even be considered, he hasn't played!! :lol:
2. The CF/SS passing thing is kind of a new from seeing Re's stats. But yes, if his speed is higher than a player like Zarate's than his accuracy should probably be even more significantly lower than his. Zarate actually makes assists. Before re's update we had him at like a 74/78...now he is a 72/73. I think he is good. So an unproven CF should not be able to touch his quality.
3. I know his Passing Acc are low, but his speeds will make his passes easier to reach their targets...thus making him a better passer than he likely should be. To be constructive, I'm thinking knocking each down by 2 or 3.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 14, 22:34

Nah, SPA is a lot more important than SPS to me, SPS w/o a decent SPA would mean many would go loose and not be able to to their intended target.

again

He could be considered a bit of a frill player, but at a time when the world and his dog claim English boys haven't got sufficient technique it's interesting that I can't think of a previous English player with his languid, skillful, clear headed, "samba" type style.

thats how I'd describe him. 100%. He's probably the best player we've produced in the last 5 years.

he's got as good short passing as most young CF's on here. and personally, I don't know why Re decreased zarate's stats.

Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 21, 22:58

could we put my stats in 1st post?

Paddy

Postby Prata » 2009 Jan 24, 18:30

Paddy wrote:Name: Danny WELBECK

Nationality: English

Foot: R
Side: R

Height: 185
Weight: 73

Attack: 77
Defence: 37
Balance: 78
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 85
Response: 78
Agility: 81
Dribble Accuracy: 78
Dribble Speed: 82
Short Pass Accuracy: 69
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 68
Shot Accuracy: 74
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 79
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Swerve: 75
Header: 74
Jump: 78
Technique: 77
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 73
Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 5

This stats are better. They should be at the first post

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2009 Feb 01, 11:08

he reminds me of Henry the way he dribbles

TheTrueSeto

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Feb 06, 18:22

TDM_21 wrote:
Paddy wrote:Name: Danny WELBECK