Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Image


Videos:
Spoiler: show


Spoiler: show
Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.


Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9790
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 117 times

by »



 

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 28, 11:36

Weird how people are asking for SB as I gave him the position almost a week ago..?

Updated with the suggestions made.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: 2010 Nov 03, 10:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 28, 13:56

after injuries he going back to his top level and now his speed on/off and attack decreased while he improved on this parts!
this isnt logical.

i saw him like these TS 87, Acc 88, BB 86, Agi 85 , DS 87 but now it seems i should go to doctor for my eyes.

User avatar
iman
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 2009 Oct 21, 08:37
Location: Iran
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 28, 13:59

You should really learn to put up a argument. You just post values and expect us to go with them.. you'll never get someone to agree with you like this.
Look at the previous posts and you'll see why the changes were made. AGI 85 is pretty funny though, he's not agile at all.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: 2010 Nov 03, 10:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 28, 15:16

mate, agility is body speed in PES and dont just use to shaking body and help a player to move faster his feet to kick the balls for shot or pass.
in real life he is so fast on sides....run and suddenly stops and so fast send balls without near defender could guest when he could send the ball to block it.

mix of them makes Agility and notice 85 isnt a high number for 181cm by 78kg that you say he isnt an agile player, that value make him on regular level that is a correct.

what is so funny for me is new value for Acc , DS and Att.

how cannt you see that he just have one technique to pass players and thats his great speed in short distances .

on attacks he is always on the best positions on sides and know when go to penalty area or be farther.
but we cannt give him yellow values because he is master on sides not good as Nani in middle of pitch but i dont know why he should have a Att like a offensive SB?!

he is so powerful on his size and just tall and strong players can stand against him so BB 86 is the ideal value for this man.

Bro, we have many thing else to laugh instead of agility 85 ;)

------------------------

if i sometime o dont say my descriptions and just saw what i see of a player because first i cannt speak english well to reach my accurate purpose so other dont understand what i say, like above and second if i reference to Ladders i cannt example other players from other leagues because mods say i didnt follow that player and i just say EPL players while in my country i cannt see all EPL games and just shows big clubs (if they be on top level!!!)

User avatar
iman
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 2009 Oct 21, 08:37
Location: Iran
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 28, 16:04

Top speed is running speed, agility is the speed of body movements. If you gave a player 1 agility but 99 top speed, he'd still demonstrate 99 top speed, he'd just take a year to turn. Valencia's only demonstrations of agility and sharp turning is shoulder feints. Like Bale, he relies on pace, running in straight lines. He's not like say, Di Maria, or Nani, who use twists and turns to evade a marker. I have him on, I think, 81, and I might go lower. He doesn't demonstrate anything more. The game will demonstrate what you give him. It won't understand that he's capable of something but doesn't demonstrate it. So yeah, agility 85 would literally be insane.

ACC was lowered a point I think, as he's lost some of his explosiveness since his broken leg. I could perhaps see that still at 86, but I'm not sure.

ATT, I must disagree. You said, "he is always on the best positions on the sides". But that's NOT good positioning. That's not intelligent positioning. He just sticks to the touchline. I'm persoanlly pleased to see the decrease to a 75. It fits him better and emphasises his reliance upon other attributes.

User avatar
ballmer
 
Posts: 823
Joined: 2010 Sep 02, 11:11
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 28, 17:04

ballmer your descriptions are great specially that used simple english which i exactly cannt do that but i try to continue... ;)

mate you forgot that agility isnt just for turning and other ability is DA that very help on turns more than Agi because if ball be near a player there is lower latency to act on ball...but if we should talk about a feature that just have relation by body speed and its feet speed... higher agility make more steps while running....higher agility make lower latency of players foot to kick a ball for pass or shot and see it is harder to near opposite player to block it and this is exactly what i say about Valencia and according to this and fast stops while running i cannt give him under 85.

i dont why i started talk about Acc and Agi while i just play PES12 so from now come talk about Explosive Power (EP)

according what i said in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=433&t=24563

i give him EP 85


about Att 75 it means he is worse than many offensive SB on attack while this isnt fair and he do his attacking duty very well ans is one the most trustful SM in the world.

User avatar
iman
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 2009 Oct 21, 08:37
Location: Iran
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby RedDevil17 » 2011 Dec 28, 18:41

viewtopic.php?f=903&t=25659&start=20#p350591
what do you think about the set for LAV by ynwasg8

User avatar
RedDevil17
 
Posts: 295
Joined: 2011 May 29, 16:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 28, 19:13

@iman, I have to disagree. I personally DON'T think that agility makes a player take more steps when running. Otherwise a player with 99 AGI, and 1 TS would be really fast because of the high agility. If it was, then yes, he'd need higher AGI, but if that is what is was, AGI and TS would basically be the same thing.

That's a good point that ladder-wise an ATT 75 puts him lower than some SB's. You're right that that's not fair. BUT, I'd say that ATT is relevant to the position. So if he was an SB, he'd deserve a higher rating. But as a standalone set, I think a lower ATT, like 75 plays more realistically as an SMF.

User avatar
ballmer
 
Posts: 823
Joined: 2010 Sep 02, 11:11
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 29, 10:03

ballmer wrote:@iman, I have to disagree. I personally DON'T think that agility makes a player take more steps when running. Otherwise a player with 99 AGI, and 1 TS would be really fast because of the high agility. If it was, then yes, he'd need higher AGI, but if that is what is was, AGI and TS would basically be the same thing.

That's a good point that ladder-wise an ATT 75 puts him lower than some SB's. You're right that that's not fair. BUT, I'd say that ATT is relevant to the position. So if he was an SB, he'd deserve a higher rating. But as a standalone set, I think a lower ATT, like 75 plays more realistically as an SMF.


i dont have older version of PES anymore and just have PES12 but you can test it and see who agility affect on steps but it doesnt mean to have higher speed.
in real life we cannt see Messi feet while running but he isnt fast on long distance like in short distance.

i'm on hard testing on PES12 and say results later.

about Att i didnt understand why if he was SB we should give him higher? please tell me more.

User avatar
iman
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 2009 Oct 21, 08:37
Location: Iran
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Y2J » 2011 Dec 29, 10:34

love this player in 2010-09 but now he's nothing Nani and Ashley the best in man u after Rooney .

Image
Image
User avatar
Y2J
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 2011 Oct 13, 10:36
Location: MY GREATEST CITY--
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 29, 12:11

I'd rephrase that comment about ATT... What I mean is, as an SMF he doesn't demonstrate good positioning. He's predictable and fairly one-dimensional. He goes to the wing, receives the ball, runs at his full back and whips in crosses. None of this requires good ATT. Highly rated SB's however, are given ATT values higher than 75 because they make overlapping runs, progress into the attacking third of the pitch, make runs behind the defence etc. So firstly, I suppose it's not actually unfair that they're higher than Valencia, and secondly, as an SMF, Valencia is naturally already in more attacking positions than an SB would be.

Eitherway, I simply can't see him warranting anything higher.

User avatar
ballmer
 
Posts: 823
Joined: 2010 Sep 02, 11:11
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 29, 13:19

thanks ballmer for description but what you said about SBs arent positioning and its how a SB do his attacks duties or better say tactics so like what you said about SBs attack dont mean just positioning because if we want just say that so only players in middle of pitch should have 75+ not others but Att means how a player can fit himself on attacks tactics and this is what valencia do great as a side midfielder but he cannt be on yellow because that area and higher is for SMs that come middle of pitch and box to help on attacks.

User avatar
iman
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 2009 Oct 21, 08:37
Location: Iran
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 14:16

Technique could probably drop to an 84 looking at the ladder

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: 2009 Feb 23, 00:51
Location: Ingerland
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby 21fadhil » 2011 Dec 30, 14:32

In comparison between him and Nani...Yeah..
You right, Jez.

F.E.A.R
Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
User avatar
21fadhil
 
Posts: 445
Joined: 2011 Sep 04, 10:10
Location: Indonesia
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 17:37

Can't see anybody disagreeing with that. He has a great touch, it's solid and reliable, but he's not so close to the likes of, as you say, Nani or Modric for example. He's more comparable to someone like James Milner. Changed Technique to 84 ;)

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: 2009 Feb 23, 00:51
Location: Ingerland
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Basilio » 2011 Dec 30, 22:12

Basilio wrote:Also i suggest 2 points decrease in tech, ive never seen as capable as an 86 suggest, his trapping isnt special


no, i dont disagree 8-)

EDIT: BTW, was his shooting decreased ? he is pretty good shooter and he is showing constantly why he had those values nowadays

Descansa en paz Chucho
User avatar
Basilio
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: 2010 Nov 07, 12:39
Location: Underworld
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Diego » 2012 Jan 06, 21:02

eh...red devils (?), aint TW and Ment (based on hounding I believe) rather high? also does he need Incisive Run? doesnt that card makes players cut inside in order to shot Ala Zarate/Nani? something quite odd as Valencia never uses his left foot.(and rarely shot)

"Despiertenme... Cuando pase el reggaeton."

Así será Maestro Image
User avatar
Diego
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: 2011 Jul 16, 16:54
Location: En la Ciudad de la Furia
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jan 06, 21:11

The reason it was added is back a few pages.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8339
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 833 times
Been thanked: 539 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Kruger13 » 2012 Jan 06, 21:19

Yes, Incisive run makes players exactly what you said, and Valencia rarely does that. Like Ballmer sais it, his movement or key play, is based on his speed, he wins his marker, then he run until l final line and make a cross, sometimes he cross when he reaches enemies area, but he almost never cut inside to look for a shooting position.
Call me crazy, but what do you think about raising his Def 1-2 points?

...U dared to enter my world... Image
User avatar
Kruger13
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: 2011 Mar 08, 23:22
Location: The DarK Side!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jan 06, 23:24

It wasn't added to make him cut inside, it was added to make his play more focused on the sidelines. Someone who has insivive run plays much wider, valancias unusally highteamwork for a smf was making him wind up in areas he shouldn't be, that was a problem, so I gave him insive run.. and after testing it a good bit, I felt it was much better. His high teamwork and really high passing stats mean hes unlikly to go for the cut in.. and he'll cross or link up. And thanks to the card, he hugs the sidelines.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8339
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 833 times
Been thanked: 539 times

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests