Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Videos:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show
Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Basilio » 2011 Oct 19, 23:28

yes i know, but how to replicate that ? how can you make a player whose crosses are nearly always to the head without an impressive number for LPA ?, and you are wrong, his accuracy is very consistent, it is just that he doesnt need much accuracy, but again his effectiveness... Its like the reasoning for giving falcao such high header value, when he IMO does not shows such placement nor power for deserving it, just insane accuracy

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Paddy » 2011 Oct 20, 04:28

I disagree with raising his crossing ability, not due to how he plays in game, but due to inconsistency and positions he can cross the ball from, perhaps related to his teamwork, but in general, he struggles from anywhere deeper, especially in his SB role, as a winger, he's one of the more accurate crossers we have, although, currently I'd rate him on a consistent basis lower than Young, and higher than Nani, he's certainly not what you have him on Basilio. I remember seeing him throughout the 09/10 season thinking, my god, he's unreal, but since his injury against Rangers he's not gotten back to his old habits, if anything I'd think a downgrade would be in need. Against Galati, I noticed him use a lot more trickery on the ball too, a closer touch and a lot more slicker movement, even doing a cross turn over of sorts with some frequency. In all I think people should take note of his short passing, more than his long.

Paddy

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 01, 16:03

Weak foot frequency needs to go down even further. I'd comment on his weak foot ACCURACY, but I literally only remember ONE occasion when I've seen him use it. In yesterday's game for instance, once the fullback had cottoned on to his running down the line before crossing, he had to cut INside. And he goes to absurd lengths to avoid using his left - he'll throw his entire body to the left side of the ball and jab it with the outside of his right, rather than use his left. I've never known a player so unwilling to use his weaker foot when needed. I honestly think a 1 is needed for WFF to ensure he determinedly relies upon his right in game.

ballmer

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 01, 17:25

Interesting point you bring up ballmer, he really doesn't use his left foot at all. I support bringing his WFF down to a 1, I really don't like how we hardly go below a 3 on here.. makes everything so crowded and true differences aren't reflected well in this issue.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby WHUfan » 2011 Dec 01, 19:23

Mr. Evans wrote:I really don't like how we hardly go below a 3 on here.. makes everything so crowded and true differences aren't reflected well in this issue.
Couldn't agree more with this

WHUfan

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2011 Dec 02, 13:41

Also his BB is just high, for example in the match against Stoke he struggled physically against Peter Crouch. :lol:

alawadhi3000

Postby Kerry » 2011 Dec 02, 15:34

Agree with you ballmer, always noticed that he avoids the use as good as he can

mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 02, 15:58

Mr. Evans wrote:Interesting point you bring up ballmer, he really doesn't use his left foot at all. I support bringing his WFF down to a 1, I really don't like how we hardly go below a 3 on here.. makes everything so crowded and true differences aren't reflected well in this issue.

Never uses it, its why he can't play on the left.

Paddy

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 02, 16:24

Updated, I also brought WFA down to a 2. I mean, the only reason why someone would never use their weak foot is because their terrible with it.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 02, 16:32

I'd probably have SB as an option for a position, higher response and lower shooting stats, just mentioning my own tweaks were you contemplating an update.

Paddy

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 02, 16:55

Agree with adding SB, what values were you thinking of for his RES and shooting stats?

Mr. Evans

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2011 Dec 03, 02:40

Fletcher should get SB too, he's been our makeshift right back for the last few years.

alawadhi3000

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 03, 22:59

True.

Mr. Evans

Postby 21fadhil » 2011 Dec 19, 11:39

Mr. Evans wrote:Updated, I also brought WFA down to a 2. I mean, the only reason why someone would never use their weak foot is because their terrible with it.

Well, it's still 3. ;)
And agree about adding SB as optional.

F.E.A.R
Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
21fadhil

Postby iman » 2011 Dec 22, 12:00

his game on SB is acceptable so we can give him.

iman

Postby Basilio » 2011 Dec 27, 15:43

id like to give him SB honestly, he've played there plenty times and very acceptable. A drop in his RESP is needed also, i dont find him anything special for a SMF to be sitting so high and near to michle bastos for example. And isnt him gaining confidence with his shooting ?

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 28, 00:26

Really? I'd think his response should be in the elite of the SM's of this world, one of the main reasons as to why he's so competent while playing in the FB role rather than his defensive positioning.

Paddy

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 28, 00:34

I think he's played there enough, and played there competently enough, to be given SB by now. And about RES, I'd agree with Paddy. He's very sharp which is why he's defensively good even from SM. I'd lower his ATT by a point or two also. He doesn't really position himself anywhere intelligent, but rather, when the team are attacking he just sticks to the wing.

ballmer

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 28, 06:32

What do you think of his pace since his return from injury Ballmer? He's seemingly lost a bit from what I've seen of him.

Paddy

Postby 21fadhil » 2011 Dec 28, 06:41

Paddy wrote:What do you think of his pace since his return from injury Ballmer? He's seemingly lost a bit from what I've seen of him.

He didn't have the pace like he was before.1-2 points drop in TS and Acc definitely needed.

F.E.A.R
Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
21fadhil

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC